Is anyone else's favorite resort Grand Floridian?

Hands down lifetime favorite...Wilderness Lodge! Perfectly magnificent in any season.

Second...Yacht/Beach Club!

From visiting it seems like a stuffy/country club crowd that I generally don't feel comfortable in.
I haven't noticed that at all. The people who stay there are just like the people at any other WDW deluxe resort.

Grand Floridian is not my very favorite resort but I like it a lot. Its exterior and lobby are beautiful. I just wish the rooms had more theming- they're so bland. And the pool is just average for a WDW deluxe resort. Those two items keep it off the very top of my list. But it is lovely and has a great location on the monorail line and close to the Magic Kingdom. It's a great place to splurge on a theme park view room. Ours had a great view of the fireworks and the electric water pageant on Bay Lake.

Last edited:

We love love love Grand Floridian! We go every year if we can, and this past time, for our anniversary, our flight got delayed terribly, and when we went to check in, we were upgraded to a $2330 a night suite with club level! Woo Hoo! It was so wonderful I could hardly stand it!
Score!

No joke. The suite was nice but we found we still only hung out in the bedroom. But...club level. While I've done it before, it really pushed the button this time. I don't think I want to go back to non-club from this point forward. Which means less trips.
We were surprise upgraded to club level at Beach Club (also after a very late arrival), and now I always want to stay club level. I suspect that the pixie dust we get with those upgrades is part of Disney's marketing plan.

Last edited:

I just find club level so worth it for the convenience of food and drinks, especially with three older kids and me. Once we started, it was hard to stay non. We did a split at the GFCL and GFGV because I had made so many dining reservations, and then we were all missing that convenience so much in the end.

This time we are staying CL with less dining because it is enough for us. Soooo excited!!

POFQ Or POP Is our favorite resorts...especially factoring in cost and all.
Deluxe resorts are nice to visit..look around..but the cost is just too much for a room. Nice places to visit..wouldnt want to stay there..

Poly used to be our go to. I feel like my kids grew up there! We have not been back since the building of the bungalows. I loathe them. I hate all the changes at Poly made in the last ten years. I'll go back when they tear down the bungalows. (Otherwise known as never) 💔

Have always loved the GF. We own at VGF and just love the rooms and the grounds of the resort!! Not to mention that incredible lobby! That said we also love the Epcot resorts as well. Both the BC and BWV are great and the area can't be beat!! Really there is no resort that isn't wonderful, it just depends on your preference.

The GF isn't #1 for me, but I do love it. The Poly will always be my favorite, but the GF (among a few others) run a close second.

We’ve stayed at GF twice. Once in a 2BR villa and once in the Royal Palm club level. Both visits were outstanding!

We stayed at VGF at the beginning of the month. I didn't think I would care for it because I always thought it would feel stuffy, but I loved everything about it. BWI is still my favorite, but GF is now up at the top of the list.

The GF is completely my favorite resort. The lobby smells like tiny angels dance there, and we love Citricos, the GF Cafe, and the Gasparilla Grill as a QS. The beds are amazing, housekeeping is fantastic, and we even love just hanging by the pool. DH and I stayed there for a long weekend sans children in 2016, and it was the ultimate getaway for us. It is my dream to stay there for a longer vacation with our DSs.

We are going back to WDW for spring break in 2020, and I really wanted to book our vacation there. We need two bathrooms, and I really wanted to book a studio villa, which would have given us the two bathrooms. However, no studio villas were available when we booked, so we are staying at the Poly. We'll be sure and visit the GF for restaurants, and just to sit in the lobby and listen to music and smell the tiny angels. I just tell myself it means we have to book another WDW trip in the future, so that we can stay at the GF as a family. :love:

Last edited:
It was a dream of mine to stay at the GF and finally we did in August 2016. We had a theme park view, very cool. We had a nice stay and decided to do it again the following August which was when we became DVC members. Now it it is out of my system and we probably will not stay there again, not even a DVC villa. We loved the GF Cafe and the convenience of Gasparilla Grill but the place just does not have the Disney energy like some of the other resorts. I agree with what Pete said in his villa review “stuffy”. It is just not our style.

I was unprepared for how much I loved staying at GF. We had been there plenty to visit, go to restaurants, I never really considered staying there. We are WL people, beach club people, OKW people. I always just thought it was a little stuffy.
We stayed there in May and I looooved it. (It helped that we got a surprise club level upgrade, and could literally see the castle from our balcony) I cannot wait to go back

GF is among my favorite resorts, but I must say that I love staying at the BC as well. And the Poly. Oh yes, I enjoy AKL too. LOL!

Honestly, while I like all of the Deluxe I stay at, I choose based on how my trip focus is going to be. FOr instance this Decemebr trip is back to AKL because I have two animal loving teens along and I knwo that they will want to escape the chaos that the Holiday season brings to WDW. I am looking forward to sitting on the balcony and watching the Savannah.

Holidays with the family bring us to the Poly or BC, and travel with my girls takes me back to the Grand. . It is truely stunning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter