Is anyone else's favorite resort Grand Floridian?

MeridaMerida

Mouseketeer
I went for a short trip and now I want to go back with my family. I just loved everything about it and it didn't hurt we went right after the holiday decor went up and crowds were low. Is anyone else's favorite GF? If it is, what other hotels on property have you loved?

I love GF! It’s actually one of our home resorts!! We bought DVC there just a couple weeks after staying there for the first time! We also like CCV, Poly and BWV!

It is my fiancé's favorite. We haven’t stayed there but it is her style and we got engaged at the Grand Floridian Cafe.

GF used to be DH's favourite but now WL is number one for him. GF is now number two. For me BWI used to be #1 but I think that's been replaced by BC although we're staying at BWI in December so we'll see if it manages to claw its way back up in my rankings. GF was my #3 but I think WL is #3 followed by GF/AKL for a tie.

Me! It is one of the few resorts that we have stayed at more than once. I love everything about it. That being said, we would stay at the Yacht/Beach resorts before staying at the Poly or CR - we just didn't prefer those. We do love the WL, but there aren't too many rooms there for a family of five so unfortunately, its off our list.

I think the GF is fine, but not for me. I personally love the WL. I like the smaller feel. Im not a fan of being in a separate building than the main building. Even though the rooms are smaller, I adore the WL, its quiet, cozy, smaller and feels like a retreat.

We love the Grand! It is so relaxing for us. The pace just slows down. The Poly will always have my heart. We have stayed at OKW which was fine and have stayed at the BC which was not for us. We are staying at the Grand again in January. It is awesome and those beds are made of clouds, lol.

I think the GF is fine, but not for me. I personally love the WL. I like the smaller feel. Im not a fan of being in a separate building than the main building. Even though the rooms are smaller, I adore the WL, its quiet, cozy, smaller and feels like a retreat.
I love WL for all of the reasons you named. The rooms are smaller, but they don’t “feel” small to me. They feel cozy, just like the rest of the resort. I also love that it’s all one building. My DD and I love exploring the Lodge, climbing up and down the stairs and finding all of the places to sit.

My DD says her favorite resort is the GF. I thought she would say BC (because she loves the pool), but she has recently told me that as a resort, GF is her favorite. BC is only her favorite resort pool, LOL.

Love GF! We stay every year. The courtyard pool is one of my favorites. Honestly, I don't have a favorite resort. I can have a great time at GF, BC or POR. We switch it up every time we go. Christmas this year @ POR. This past summer we stayed at POFQ, Saratoga Springs and Sugar loaf @ GF. Next year who knows? I like to change it up, but GF every year.

The GF is amazing, no doubt. Flagship hotel for Disney. It depends on your touring style though. We like making last minute decisions for dining so the Epcot resorts work best for us. A quick walk over to Epcot and we snack around the world. Also, I'm not a MK fan, at all:).

Have absolutely no desire to stay there. Love going over to see the Christmas decorations, though.

Nothing(except maybe Beach/Yacht/BoardWalk) can come close to mighty Poly/GF combo. So many amenities between the two resorts to enjoy and proximity to MK is amazing. We'd prefer to stay at the Poly if they had 1-bedroom villas. But without that GF is our favorite choice for MK.

We love AK and WL but both are too isolated to make the top of our list.

I've loved the Grand since I first set foot in it (probably in the late 80's). A big contrast to the Contemporary, where I always had to stay as a kid.
Other resorts I really like are AKL and YC.

I hope the GF becomes my favorite resort. We are staying there in November. It was not my first choice of hotel. I wanted to stay at the Contemporary but they were FULL. GF was the only deluxe available that worked for our large group. For some reason, I've never felt inclined to stay there and I'm hoping that it WOWs me.

Yes, the GF is right up there as one of my favorites! Especially during any holiday. Other resorts that I love are the YC, BC, and Poly. We also love AKL, but the rooms are just too small for our family right now. CR is a wildcard for me as we used to love it for walking to MNSSHP every year and eating at Chef Mickeys several times a trip. But it's just not a place that I dream about going back to nowadays, but more a place that gave us many special memories.

I haven’t stayed at GF yet but it’s definitely my favorite resort to visit. We stayed at the Poly last year and I didn’t love it. While strolling through GF to eat at Narcossee I was wishing we had stayed there.
Dh hates everything about GF so I finally booked Dd and I for one night marathon weekend to try it out while he stays home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter