IOA worth it if you are not into coasters??

edk35

DIS Veteran
MY 10 year old has not ventured on R & R or EE at WDW. My other two kids love coasters as does my dh. We are thinking of visiting Univesal in late Jan. and was wondering if it is worth me and younger son going to IOA with the rest. I will ride some coasters but I will take em or leave em. We are trying to figure out if we want to get just one day park tickets for he and I when we go to US or the 2 day 2 park tickets?? Thanks for any advice.

Denise

There are only three roller coasters in the park as of now...the park is definetly broader in range than that. Your kids will love the five different themed areas and even though The Hulk and Dueling Dragons are some of the more famous attractions...don't be fooled into thinking that is all the park has to offer. I'm saying they will probably enjoy about 3/4 of the rides there.

Hope that helped.

if you are new to IOA, i suggest you check the website and use the interactive map there.

it will explain all the rides.

not knowing what type of rides and attractions your 10 yo likes best, you might be able to go over the map with him to see what he is interested in doing.

go to:
universalorlando.com

click on parks, then IOA

the things i could suggest might not be what is appealing to your family.
this way, you can know in advance what rides/attractions will be in the park.

many like spiderman and the arrival of the fantastic four that appear daily in front of the spiderman area ride.
it's a great photo op time for a meet and greet there.

Your ten year old son will probably love Spiderman. That alone is worth going for.

I'm pretty old and love SUESE LANDING and i'm sure a 10yr old will too when the rest of the family enjoys the big rides!!

Then you got Jurrassic Park-needless to say plenty to do for 10yr olds:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

i'm like a lucky penny, back again......

i do all the coasters in the parks.
this past october, i was only on dueling dragons this last trip.
i had a leg/knee injury and was restricted :headache: from some of the rides.
the good rides mind you.....
8.gif

it broke my heart not doing the other coasters.

i still had a lot of fun!
there are many rides and shows that can fill the day.
when your family goes on the mummy ride, do the horror make up show.
or do the simpsons (and repeat the simpsons w/the fam later)

same goes for the ioa side when they are on coasters.

when they do the hulk coaster, spend some time in the shop by spiderman.
if you are into comic books and marvel items, you can browse around there to pass some time.

i think you can find things to do when they go on the coasters.
if the lines are short and the crowds are low when you go, they could be in line- on the ride-off the ride within 10 minutes tops.

you could be the official picture taker....

and if you have an adult other half with you at the parks that goes on the coaster rides, you could spend the time looking at all the dudes walking around....:rolleyes1 :laughing:

i hope that joking does not offend you.
if people put names and ages of their family members in their siggies, that's all i have to go by to know if i am posting to a dude or dudette....
i learned those words from turtle talk......mr crush..

I am the coaster junkie in the family, my hubby is not
That said, he loves IOA/US, we go about every other if not every year
There is a ton to do besides the coasters :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter