International Sellers - International Buyers

Cjessop

Earning My Ears
Hi,
I understand the with international sellers that will require some additional paperwork and costs. However is this is the case is the buyer is also international too?
Thanks

GinoNL

Earning My Ears
Hi Cjessop,
I'm not sure about this one. We have bought in directly at DVC in 2019 and there was no additional paperwork needed for that. However, a couple of months later DVC sent us a W8BEN form, so I would expect that you would receive one from DVC if you are a new owner. But it would not influence the process of buying into DVC. I think you should ask the resale company to clarify this, but my bet is that as an international buyer there is no additional paperwork and are no additional costs. FWIW, we are buying a resale contract right now (international buyer as well) and there is no additional paperwork that I can remember of.

zavandor

DIS Veteran
I bought resale twice as an international buyer and I didn't do anything special, not even notarize the signature. The only additional expenses are international shipping costs to mail back the docs, the exchange fees and the fee to wire the money.

• Wakey

DIS Veteran
    No additional costs if you are an international buyer. I understand if you are an international buyer buying from an international seller you need to get an ITN tax number or whatever they call it.

Jon84

wdwaddictuk
    No additional costs if you are an international buyer. I understand if you are an international buyer buying from an international seller you need to get an ITN tax number or whatever they call it.
    Yeah, when we were buying we avoided Intl Sellers as we didn't want to wait for the ITN Paperwork to be complete, potentially by someone inexperienced in the process from a Non-North America country.

Cyberc1978

DIS Veteran
    I’m international and I have bought a contract from someone international too.

that required that both seller and buyer got an ITIN number. When I bought the contract I demanded that seller paid for that cost as it’s not free to get a FIRPTA agent to apply for it.

Other than that it was just as easy as buying from a US seller.

Ronaldo17

Mouseketeer
    DVC Gold
    I needed an ITIN number to buy resale, but the US broker who was selling the contract arranged this for me at no cost. A couple of phone calls from a registered tax advisor in the US and I electronically signed and returned a couple of forms by email.
    My ITIN number was posted to my home address in the UK. I received the ITIN before the contract was completed.

• Connect

TODAY'S HEADLINES

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY EMAIL
    Subscribe and never miss out on Disney News, Deals and Updates.