International Gateway while NOT staying at an Epcot resort

Captain UP

Mouseketeer
Hey all. I know this has been asked many times, but I feel like people's experiences change over time. So...

Any recent stories about getting over to the Epcot area in order to go into the park via the IG?

Last time, I ride-shared to Swolphin and that worked pretty well, but it's still a bit of a walk.

Any better recent ideas?

Hey all. I know this has been asked many times, but I feel like people's experiences change over time. So...

Any recent stories about getting over to the Epcot area in order to go into the park via the IG?

Last time, I ride-shared to Swolphin and that worked pretty well, but it's still a bit of a walk.

Any better recent ideas?
What is your starting point?

Best chance is taking a ride share to the Swan/Dolphin. Beach Club and Boardwalk will not let you through unless you are staying there or have an ADR at one of the restaurants (a mobile order does not count).
Thanks. That was my experience last time.

I used to think it was worth the effort and then I sat down and looked at how much effort it took to get there when not at an IG resort and thought what was I really saving? I found that rope dropping Frozen saved me as much time as rope dropping Remy. Saved me a lot more time when I added in the time it took to get to IG to rope drop Remy.

You could also go to AK and catch a bus to BC.

As far as ride share, I believe you can take Minnie Vans to the Disney resorts around Crescent Lake, but not Uber, Lyft, etc., without any ADR. But you are paying a premium to do so.

Sometimes, the reason for wanting to enter through IG isn’t about getting to attractions more quickly than through the front of the park. I prefer to enter through IG because I prefer the WS part of Epcot over the front of the park. So if it takes me a couple of transportation methods to get there, I am okay with that. I usually make my way to the nearest park and then switch to a BC bus or go to DHS and do the Skyliner.

Best chance is taking a ride share to the Swan/Dolphin. Beach Club and Boardwalk will not let you through unless you are staying there or have an ADR at one of the restaurants (a mobile order does not count).
I don’t understand this. If someone is trying to park their car, sure. But if I just want to be dropped off by a rideshare who is that hurting? I’m not taking up a parking spot and maybe I really want to stop at their resort store or grab some food on my way through.

I don’t understand this. If someone is trying to park their car, sure. But if I just want to be dropped off by a rideshare who is that hurting? I’m not taking up a parking spot and maybe I really want to stop at their resort store or grab some food on my way through.
I don't know their rationale but that has been my experience. I took a ride share over to Beach Club once since I had an ADR for Cape May and the guard scanned my Magicband to see if I had a reservation. Same thing happened at Riviera (technically not a IG resort but also a resort where they'll turn you away for the same reasons).

I don't know their rationale but that has been my experience. I took a ride share over to Beach Club once since I had an ADR for Cape May and the guard scanned my Magicband to see if I had a reservation. Same thing happened at Riviera (technically not a IG resort but also a resort where they'll turn you away for the same reasons).
So I wonder what they would at if I said “want to stop by boardwalk bakery and grab breakfast”.

At monorail resorts they would turn you away for that so I assume it's the same at Boardwalk.
For parking, yes; but if I was getting dropped off? Again why do they care. I’m not taking up a parking spot and might want to check out the resort of their food offerings to decide if I want to stay there next time. Just seems odd they wouldn’t allow someone to be dropped off.

I’m sure they don’t want to deal with a steady traffic stream of ride shares, especially at park open & close. Resort hotels are not meant to be additional park entry points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter