Interesting Experience w/ ADR Change Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
I picked up a 50s Prime Time reservation this morning about 30-45 minutes before the reservation time when I was at HS. Last minute pickups can happen.

And that's likely due to the fact that WDW allowed someone to cancel last min without a cancel fee. Because most likely that time slot would have stayed as a confirmed booking until 15+ mins AFTER the ADR time before it becomes a NO-SHOW.

Who lost in this situation, the guest who canceled, Disney or the new guest who got the last min ADR?

If something happened beyond my control (as I've said numerous times in this thread) I might call and see if they could make an exception. I would not change my dining plans at the last second just for funsies and expect not to pay the fee.

But didn’t you make an ADR knowing there was a possibility that something could happen beyond your control? The policy was very clear when you booked that you would be charged $10 per person if you canceled within 2 hours. The policy doesn’t say anything about the fee being waived if something happens beyond your control.

Because I didn’t cancel. I moved my reservation to another WDW restaurant same day same time.
You canceled one ADR and booked a new one. You cannot modify an ADR to a different restaurant, even outside of 2 hours.

If I’m going to be charged $10 person WHY would I even bother to CALL Disney and wait on hold to tell them to cancel and charge me 90min prior?? Why not just NO SHOW, leave the table for 8 locked up and they get 80$ vs. $600 from another booking that now can take the slot. Your not very business smart are you?
You could have done that if you wanted to, though the system wasn't letting you book the conflicting ADR, as you said. It's the same thing under Disney's policy.
Also, it's you're.

Also from another post of yours. So if I canceled 2hr and 1min prior. Since Disney anticipated me there and they staffed and prepared Food for me at a BUFFET, Did they send anyone home? Ooh and ALL that food they prepped for me the night before going to waste. lol. How does my canceling my reservation at 2hr 1min OR 1hr 30mins change the back office prep of staffing, food prep, etc , etc? Truth is, didn’t change one damn thing for them.
Because Disney defined the cutoff at 2 hours. They have their reasons, you agreed to their terms when you booked the ADR. Just don't even look once you're inside the window and you won't be in this situation.

But didn’t you make an ADR knowing there was a possibility that something could happen beyond your control? The policy was very clear when you booked that you would be charged $10 per person if you canceled within 2 hours. The policy doesn’t say anything about the fee being waived if something happens beyond your control.
It would still be up to Disney whether to waive it or not. But if a Disney ride or Disney transportation breaks down and causes me to miss or be late to an ADR I would've made had it not, then yes I'd ask if I could still be seated or have the fee waived. I've never even come close to missing an ADR, though.

You canceled one ADR and booked a new one. You cannot modify an ADR to a different restaurant, even outside of 2 hours.

You could have done that if you wanted to, though the system wasn't letting you book the conflicting ADR, as you said. It's the same thing under Disney's policy.
Also, it's you're.

Because Disney defined the cutoff at 2 hours. They have their reasons, you agreed to their terms when you booked the ADR. Just don't even look once you're inside the window and you won't be in this situation.
Grammar police much?

It would still be up to Disney whether to waive it or not. But if a Disney ride or Disney transportation breaks down and causes me to miss or be late to an ADR I would've made had it not, then yes I'd ask if I could still be seated or have the fee waived. I've never even come close to missing an ADR, though.

You’re justifying why you think it’s ok for you to ask for an exception while making post after post telling someone else why they shouldn’t ask for an exception. Either the policy applies to everyone and there’s no exceptions or we each get to call and leave it up to Disney’s discretion. You can’t have it both ways.

You really didn’t answer the question. The facts are there are no internal so called “back office staffing and food prep” re-adjustments if I modify my ADR 2 hours 1min prior, or 1 hour and 59 mins prior to ADR.

So why use that as an excuse in prior posts? Maybe you are same CM I talked with on phone brining up useless info and accusations.

You really didn’t answer the question. The facts are there are no internal so called “back office staffing and food prep” re-adjustments if I modify my ADR 2 hours 1min prior, or 1 hour and 59 mins prior to ADR.

So why use that as an excuse in prior posts? Maybe you are same CM I talked with on phone brining up useless info and accusations.
.You knew the 2 hour rule but called anyway to get a new reservation. When you called and was told no , why did you call again? Was it because the first CM was rude or you did not want to be told no. It all worked out in your favor so what is your main complaint?

.You knew the 2 hour rule but called anyway to get a new reservation. When you called and was told no , why did you call again? Was it because the first CM was rude or you did not want to be told no. It all worked out in your favor so what is your main complaint?
Sometimes you run into bad CMs from time to time. Ever heard of HUCA (hang up, call again)?

Another thing to point out. If disneys ADR policy is supposed to be so black and white. Why if you try to change a reservation inside the 2 hour window in the MDE app do they TELL And INSTRUCT you to call them? Why not just provide policy text and save their call center from another person taking up a queue. Clearly not so black and white rule is it?
Good suggestion! Disney should add a feature in the app where one is automatically charged for canceling within the 2 hr window. Possibly a tiered system? $10 for canceling 60+ min prior, $100 for canceling within 15 min before the reservation?

Good suggestion! Disney should add a feature in the app where one is automatically charged for canceling within the 2 hr window. Possibly a tiered system? $10 for canceling 60+ min prior, $100 for canceling within 15 min before the reservation?
$100 could be more than the cost of the meal if there are 1 or 2 of you on the reservation. I’m glad people like you aren’t in charge of making the rules…

Would "gaming the system" be a better choice? What's the purpose of making a reservation/appointment if you're not serious about going?

Anyway, it's perfectly fine that you don't agree with me. Enjoy your HUCA.
Maybe they were serious about going then another reservation popped up that was their first choice?

You’ve already posted that you think it’s ok for you to ask for an exception if you were held up on a ride or by transportation, but you’ve been making post after post telling someone else why they shouldn’t ask for an exception. Either the policy applies to everyone and there’s no exceptions or we each get to call and leave it up to Disney’s discretion. You can’t have it both ways.

Disney decided on 2 hours. I'm sure they have their reasons. The staffing and prep stuff was someone else's speculation, not mine and not known fact. Maybe they have data that shows that ADRs don't get filled at a high enough rate with 2 hours. I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter