Interesting Experience w/ ADR Change Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
You’re justifying why you think it’s ok for you to ask for an exception while making post after post telling someone else why they shouldn’t ask for an exception. Either the policy applies to everyone and there’s no exceptions or we each get to call and leave it up to Disney’s discretion. You can’t have it both ways.

Not all excuses are valid.

Exactly! They’re subjective. And that’s why we should leave it to Disney to evaluate them on a case by case basis. And why it’s hypocritical of you to tell people that your excuses are valid and their excuses are not valid.

It's pretty obvious that if the reason you can't make your ADR is DISNEY'S fault, you should not be liable for the fee. If you are literally stuck on a broken down WDW transportation (bus, monorail, skyliner) or ride (I've been stuck in excess of 45 min before being evacuated off a ride), it is a no-brainer for Disney to waive the fee or move your ADR to a later time that you CAN make.

This is why it says to call inside of 2 hours. For things like this. Not "I changed my mind."

It's pretty obvious that if the reason you can't make your ADR is DISNEY'S fault, you should not be liable for the fee. If you are literally stuck on a broken down WDW transportation (bus, monorail, skyliner) or ride (I've been stuck in excess of 45 min before being evacuated off a ride), it is a no-brainer for Disney to waive the fee or move your ADR to a later time that you CAN make.

This is why it says to call inside of 2 hours. For things like this. Not "I changed my mind."
But as we've seen some CMs will move the reservation if you change your mind. You just never know.

S
You’e justifying why you think it’s ok for you to ask for an exception while making post after post telling someone else why they shouldn’t ask for an exception. Either the policy applies to everyone and there’s no exceptions or we each get to call and leave it up to Disney’s discretion. You can’t have it both ways.
Some of us make a distinction between reasons out of the control of the guest (sick child) and reasons under the guests control (prefer a different restaurant)

Nothing wrong with asking for an exception. No, thanks anyway. My issue is debating with the CM. Calling back until you find a cm willing to bend the rules. Maybe it takes a few phone calls to perfect your story.

The OP got their exception. I guess that wasn't enough. Most of the posters in this thread don't agree with the OP.

We're still arguing over Disney's chosen timeframe?

Yeah okay going to go back to this comment I made a week ago...seemingly I was correct :rolleyes1
At the end of the day Disney is far more practical than you think, they made a decision to change their policy from 24 hours (which already had cancellation fees) to 2 hours (still with cancellation fees) and people still aren't happy because gaining an extra 22 hours to make a decision is just awful I tell you!

Maybe they were serious about going then another reservation popped up that was their first choice?
You are still missing the point. Who knows why that other reservation showed up. Did the OP check earlier in the day Or the week, day, before ?Maybe it was available then. No, she said she checked when it was 1.5 hours before her first reservation. Does not sound like she was serious. Maybe by the time she finished with rude CM 1 and called again it could have been 1 hour or less. It’s the time frame! Why have a rule if nobody wants to hear no and ties up a phone CM. I remember being on the phone for 4 hours just to make a reservation. I was not the only one.

By your logic…. Since you are already aware that a ride or transportation can break down you shouldn’t make a reservation unless you’re prepared to pay the cancellation fee. You agreed to the terms of the policy when you booked fully knowing a ride or bus could delay you. If you make the reservation with that knowledge you should not be calling to have the fees waived or the reservation modified. You need to abide by the policy.

Amazing that this is the hill some want to die on. That is - there is a policy and we are subject to it. If the policy is bad, people should petition for change without being entitled and expect an exception while it is in place. As I mentioned what seems like weeks ago, we changed within 2 hours, paid the $30, and had a fabulous dinner at SH71. I never expected that *I* wasn't who Disney was targeting.

Ugh. I can't believe I got sucked back into this nonsense of a thread where certain posters simply want to stir the pot.

By your logic…. Since you are already aware that a ride or transportation can break down you shouldn’t make a reservation unless you’re prepared to pay the cancellation fee. You agreed to the terms of the policy when you booked fully knowing a ride or bus could delay you. If you make the reservation with that knowledge you should not be calling to have the fees waived or the reservation modified. You need to abide by the policy.

LOL

Yeah, okay.

🙄 No.

Some of us make a distinction between reasons out of the control of the guest (sick child) and reasons under the guests control (prefer a different restaurant)
Exactly.

You are still missing the point. Who knows why that other reservation showed up. Did the OP check earlier in the day Or the week, day, before ?Maybe it was available then. No, she said she checked when it was 1.5 hours before her first reservation. Does not sound like she was serious. Maybe by the time she finished with rude CM 1 and called again it could have been 1 hour or less. It’s the time frame! Why have a rule if nobody wants to hear no and ties up a phone CM. I remember being on the phone for 4 hours just to make a reservation. I was not the only one.
But they are bending the rules sometimes if you call. Next time you have an ADR - if you’re late due to some transportation delay and a CM said you would be charged, would you call again?

But they are bending the rules sometimes if you call. Next time you have an ADR - if you’re late due to some transportation delay and a CM said you would be charged, would you call again?
Last post since this is becoming a circular conversation.

Why have a rule if it is bent on a whim. Don’t like your reservation and want a new one at the spur of the moment…no problem, call until you get the rule bent.
Yes, There are things that happen that are out of your control. Calling because you want a different reservation does not fall into that.
Have a good evening.

Discussion on this thread has now ended due to posters' lack of respect while presenting different viewpoints.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter