• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Info From Passporters - MK Ceremony Price now $10,000

I think those are wedding guests ... they look sort of dressed up. :)

But I"m sure you'd have some park guests in there as well, with breakfast at Crystal Palace and Cinderella's Royal Table opening at 8 a.m.

Yes I meant that they were wedding guests lol I was just pointing out that they probably weren't pictures of an MK shoot because their guests were there with them...and the officiant in the other picture (I don't think he'd come along for the bridal shoot haha) :goodvibes

Yes I meant that they were wedding guests lol I was just pointing out that they probably weren't pictures of an MK shoot because their guests were there with them...and the officiant in the other picture (I don't think he'd come along for the bridal shoot haha) :goodvibes

Gotcha! :thumbsup2

We will have to use Disney photography and video for this site, correct? Do anyone know if they have a special package for this site, or if we can use an Escape photo package, since those packages are cheaper than the Wishes photo packages?
I am trying to redo my numbers to see if I can do this package.

Are there any in park site to do a brunch reception besides Tony's? I think Tony's only have breakfast one-day a week, so maybe it can be use for brunch on other days if we complete it before lunch starts. Or do anyone now of any other sites.

Are there any more details? I am so excited about this I really want to see if we could do this

Dawn

Ok so my wheels are still turning. Do you think it still includes the same thing that it says in Carrie's book? Like the special photography or ceremony decor? I'm going to email my planner tomorrow but just wondering if anyone knows.

Ok so my wheels are still turning. Do you think it still includes the same thing that it says in Carrie's book? Like the special photography or ceremony decor? I'm going to email my planner tomorrow but just wondering if anyone knows.

I don't think so. Here's what Carrie's Facebook site says:

"$10,000 gets you the site, chairs, a string trio, and transport down Main Street in motorized vehicles for your guests."

And the Disney site still says that you have to pay for a bus, so that's another $500 or so to add to the price, along with your food and beverage minimums.

Oh so I guess it's a different package than the original one.

Yes, they cut a lot out and and reduced the price as a result.

As far as photography, this is still considered a Wishes wedding and a reception is required, so I'd imagine the Escape photo packages are not an option.

There are no reception locations inside the Magic Kingdom, the reception would have to be elsewhere (such as one of the monorail resorts).

Gosh, that is tempting...I just don't know how I feel about getting married at 8 in the morning. I would almost want to wait and have the reception later in the day but I think that would feel weird. That is great that they are making it much more affordable.

Talked to our planner. There are no MK ceremonies allowed from Sept-December due to decorating/construction/etc. per MK management. So that rules it out for us.

I am scheduled for Sept 5th and emailed my planner and waiting to hear back - its more than likely before any of the construction or decorating is going to start (being its the first weekend of Sept)...now to see if I can crunch the numbers to make this work......please keep posting more info as you guys get it! I NEVER thought this could be possible without hitting the lottery - which is what we joke to spend the money on if we win everytime we play....

Yeah, who knows how long this has been available—what I don't understand is why Disney didn't shout it from the rooftops when they changed it. :confused3 It's a huge price drop and a boon to those who thought they could never afford a Magic Kingdom wedding!

Yeah, who knows how long this has been available—what I don't understand is why Disney didn't shout it from the rooftops when they changed it. :confused3 It's a huge price drop and a boon to those who thought they could never afford a Magic Kingdom wedding!

In regards to the DFTW website, from what I've read on here, there are a LOT of things available for a wedding that aren't said on that website. For someone who is looking into a DFTW for the first time, that website is really crappy. One of the venues, etc. that's not on there may be the selling point for one of those weddings, but the customer would never know due to it not being posted on there. The customer would have to do a lot more research and come to a place like this to even know about it.

In regards to the DFTW website, from what I've read on here, there are a LOT of things available for a wedding that aren't said on that website. For someone who is looking into a DFTW for the first time, that website is really crappy. One of the venues, etc. that's not on there may be the selling point for one of those weddings, but the customer would never know due to it not being posted on there. The customer would have to do a lot more research and come to a place like this to even know about it.

Agreed! If I hadn't found this board, we probably wouldn't be getting married at Disney. There has been many a lament about Disney's web presence on here.

I first came across this by chance on their website in April of last year and I emailed my sales consultant to ask about it. I think i still have the email saved. I totally agree, I don't understand why it isn't more advertised! :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter