In Search of My Body - Not the One I Ate, VOL 8...It's Never Too Late To Start Again!

Getting ready to get some talking and floating in. Can't wait to see the new attractions. It's going to be a great day. Top it off, my cousin is meeting us there. Haven't made it out of bed yet, but my back seems to feel OK. Taking biofreeze with me.

Hit it, boys!

And a one
And a two....

And a ....

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday dear Lisa
Happy Birthday to you!

Make it fantastic!

xoxo

Good Afternoon Everyone!

Whew, busy weekend!

Last night was great! We had so much fun, maybe one too many cocktails but I dont feel too bad today! :rotfl:

We started out at one of the girls houses, had champagne and nibbles and the Hen had to play Mr & Mrs - the questions were kept pretty clean as the groom is my brother and there are things a sister just does not need to know :rotfl2: If she got the question wrong she took a shot, if she got it right she had to nominate someone else to take a shot!

After that we went to a cocktail bar, I had two Cosmopolitans then fell down the ramp leading outside (I blame my shoes :lmao:)
After that we went into another bar where more drinks were had then onto the final bar where we had even more drinks and dancing! I could not feel my feet by the time I got into the taxi!

I got home around 1.30am, a good night had by all! :)

Oh, and I actually got hit on! I couldn't believe it when I realised (my friend pointed it out, I NEVER get hit on! :rotfl:) I told him I was married and he said he didn't mind if I didn't! :lmao: I said well actually I DO mind, but thanks very much :rotfl2:

Hope everyone is having a great Sunday! :cool2:

HI ALL,
Hot here, storm on the way.

Busy day at the beach with the girls.
I did run again this morning, I hope the rain passes us by so I can run again tomorrow. Still in my 2 mile comfort zone.

Happy Birthday Lisa, I hope you had a great day.

Meg, hope your OK.

Kat, Meg, have I said ummmm.... Chicago Blackhawks!!!! :rolleyes1:rolleyes1
3 more to go!!

E, Sorry about all the moving, hope you get to enjoy the holiday tomorow.

Nancy, Pic or Cake???

Kelly, Sounds like you had a good time. Ya know, A guy who does not care if you are married has got to be a total PIG...

EE, Hope you had a great time in Holiday World.

Ronda,Liz, Paula. Hope all is well!!!

Hi everyone...

Busy weekend of picnics and family time. I don't have to work tomorrow so I rescheduled my normal Monday night activities to Monday morning so I am off to the gym and then to JC first thing. I am scared as sh!t to go to JC because I know I will be up a significant amount of weight. The week was going all right (not great, but not horrible) until a bomb got dropped on me at work on Thursday and I have been stress eating ever since. I feel completely out of control, bloated as all heck and generally crappy. On top of everything else, I am extremely upset at myself for this setback. My sister suggested I bag out of going to JC tomorrow saying that I deserved a week off and I said no. I need to go and get my butt kicked back into gear. Hopefully, they can do that and get me back on the right path - you know the ones that don't include the french fries with truffle oil and good parmesean cheese followed by the pizza.

Kat - so glad that you are loving the running group. It is great to see you so excited about this. I am totally feeding off of this right now.

Lisa - Happy Birthday Girl!!!!

E - glad the moving went well. Don't forget to take some time off for you in there.

Kelly - glad you had such a fun weekend with the girls.

EE - can't wait to hear the stories from Holiday World

Nancy - I hope you are sleeping by now. Souds like the party was a good one. Looking forward to hearing the stories.

Hi to everyone else!!!

Off to bed for me. Need to get some rest before my @ss kicking tomorrow - and boy do I need it!

Paula--you are totally my hero for going to JC weigh in tomorrow. I am so bloated it is incredible and I will not go anywhere NEAR a scale! OMG! To borrow from Liz, I have been eating like it's my job!

Now, as a rule, I am a super healthy eater. The only reason I have a weight issue is because I just eat too much--but generally it is all healthy. Well not this week! My parents--trying to thank me and help me for moving them all week--got dinner for me and the kids each night. Pizza one night, take out Chinese the next, sushi the next and so on. I feel SO huge and so gross! I know that a lot is water retention due to high sodium, so I am hoping that part goes away quickly. But I am so totally uncomfortable in my body right now that I can't describe it. It feels like 15 extra pounds, I swear.

*sigh* I should get back in the swing of things tomorrow or Tuesday.

Carry on.

Off to the gym and JC. Based on my bathroom scale this is not going to be pretty.

I will report back later - once I get done beating myself up. Sh!t

Good Afternoon Everyone!

Kelly, Sounds like you had a good time. Ya know, A guy who does not care if you are married has got to be a total PIG...

I know right! As though I was going to say 'Oh you don't mind? Ok then!' :lmao:

My sister suggested I bag out of going to JC tomorrow saying that I deserved a week off and I said no. I need to go and get my butt kicked back into gear.

You rock for going to JC even when you don't want to! That to me says that you are staying on the right track - it would have been so easy to miss it and go next week - good for you Paula!

I am so bloated it is incredible and I will not go anywhere NEAR a scale! OMG! To borrow from Liz, I have been eating like it's my job!

I feel your pain Erika. Im so bloated I feel like Ive gained another stone over the weekend! Hopefully water will help take some of it away.

Hope everyone is having a great day :cool2:

Good Luck Paula.
I hope its not that bad, but BOY E and Paula do I know how you feel.

A 2mile run does not count when you go to the beach after and eat brownies, burgers, chips and pop..... UGG
feel so gross don't even what to move!

Hugs to you:hug::hug:

Morning!

Off to do more yard work, followed by more stairs and moving for my parents. Then to the pool club. Or maybe the beach. Or maybe even taking the kids to the new Shrek movie, though I hate to do a movie on a beautiful day. But work first...

Hey everyone - hope you are all enjoying this much needed day off from the grind!

OK - here is the ugly truth. I ate my way to a 5.5 pound gain this week. I am beyond pissed at myself, but am starting to get over it. Starting being the key word in that phrase. I somehow have to get a grip on this stress eating. Just not entirely sure how.

Lisa - see the scale does eat away at me sometimes - just not every week.

Jesse picked up on my mood when he first saw me. Amazing since he broke up with his girlfriend yesterday and is dealing with that. He tried to help but couldn't because he just doesn't understand emotional eating at all. He thinks I should be able to just flip a switch and turn it off. If only it were that freaking easy buddy! It was a good workout so not all was lost. JC was rough - lots of tears on my end, but got enough support to pick myself up and keep going. Today is a new day right? I am going to take this one day at a time, but I have to admit I am in a rather low spot right now.

On top of everything else, my little cousin got enganged over the weekend. While I am over the moon thrilled for him and I adore his fiance' I am a bit depressed that I am 38 and not married with no hope of that happening anytime soon. He is the youngest of the four grandchildren on my mom's family's side so it is strange that he is the first to get married.

So I am off to do a few things for me today. Pick up a few things for an upcoming golf outing, swing by Macy's and check out some sheets I saw in a magazine to brighten up my room (haven't bought new sheets in ages) and genearlly get my 'house' in order. The week ahead is going to be a rough one between having to lay off someone at work (my first time ever having to do that) and then resign from the Odyssey board at this weekend's meeting (I just can't deal with their childish, personal crap anymore. I am not a good leader for what they want to do) my stress level will be on overdrive. My goal - DO NOT EAT MY WAY THROUGH IT!

If all goes well, I'll be out on my bike later for a little evening ride. Hopefully, that will clear my head for the week ahead.

Thanks for listening to the gloom and doom here. I just needed a place to vent and you all are so great for listening. :hug:

Paula, vent here anytime.

Shopping and a bike ride should help you today. Its a raining day here for us.
Hey don't worry about not being married. Its not all that. HA HA HA!!!
I don't know what you do for work, but I so so so understand over eating work stress. I have that issue every day I am at work. Hey my boss even called today while I was out with my girls for breakfast. HELLO its a holiday!!

I wish there was somthing I could say that would make you feel better. But the only thing I can say is YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!!!!

Oh Paula.... :hug:. I have no words of wisdom, other than to say I have sure been there with the stress, emotional eating, and gains. You have so much courage to face it, whereas I avoid the scale like the plague when I know it has mean things to say. Hope the shopping and ride help!!

As to the layoff, if you need to vent/talk/etc, you know my number and I am always here.

Concert last night was pretty miserable. 90 degrees and 600% humidity, add in stage lights and close quarters (we were up in the balcony above the wind ensemble and the guys), and you have yourself about 50 sweatballs. Gross.

We didn't do so well but at least it's over. The piece we did was overly ambitious for both us and the wind ensemble. Hopefully the BYOB nature of the venue helped (wine-colored ears? wait, no.).

A few bright spots, though.

A fellow soprano offered her house to me between rehearsal and the concert, as the venue was about a 30 min drive from my house. They are vegetarians, and she served me the BEST bean tostadas I have ever had. MMMMMM. Homemade "refried" (crock pot) beans, habanero cheddar, broccoli, and onions. So good. Plus it was SO nice of her to offer. Her kids (8 and 10) were very well behaved, plus I got a lot of kitty-cat love (my fav) as their cat was super-lovey.

Went out afterwards, which was fun. $2.75 draft night at a local Irish pub, too. However, did NOT stay as dietary as I wanted. Oh well. Today is another day.

Jo, I am definitely rooting for the Hawks. HATE the Flyers.

I have been working out everyday.
But I am not eating well

You know, Jo, I think many of us are right there in that same boat. <grrr> Say it with me folks "you can't out train a bad diet".

Kelly - :rotfl: Sounds like you had a great time! Well, except for the falling part.

Jo - I do think there are cake pictures somewhere. Not sure whose camera they were on though. I'll see what I can find!

Paula - so much to say! First, I am so proud of you that you went to JC. That takes so much courage and committment. I'm glad they were able to provide you with the support you needed at the time. I too am a stress eater, and it is so so hard to manage sometimes.

And so sorry that work is so craptastic. That is just so unfair. No one should be allowed to treat a goddess like that and get away unscathed.:mad:

Did you get your bike ride in? I'm hoping to pick mine up from the shop tomorrow.

But I am so totally uncomfortable in my body right now that I can't describe it. It feels like 15 extra pounds, I swear.

me too. But it's never too late to start again, right? And us Goddesses NEVER give up. Ever.

Hopefully the BYOB nature of the venue helped (wine-colored ears? wait, no.)

:rotfl: Wine ears. Are they like beer goggles? :confused3 So hot & humid - it's a wonder no one passed out!

Sorry to hear about the sweat box.
Did you get the recipe????
Hawks game two right now (cross fingers)

Hey where's Meg?

Nancy, how was your day today?
I can't out train a very very bad diet!

Got of my butt and did 20 mins on elliptical and then a small bike ride with the family.

Thanks for all of the support. It does help. Got so much accomplished today that I am starting to feel like myself again.

I bought a new sheet set and matching duvet so I have been cleaning my bedroom to set the tone for a new start. While I was out, I found a pair of jeans that I liked (score - always need those for work) and decided to try on a few dresses to get an gage on where things stand as I need a dress for my best friend's wedding in Vegas over Labor Day weekend. I have been making a point of trying things on that are outside of my comfort range and I was very pleasantly surprised. Still need to work on a few things, but I was able to see the results of all the work I have done and am feeling the urge to keep going. All in all, feeling a bit better and a bit more in control. Guess I needed to hit the reset button.

Nancy - sadly, it was way too hot to get my ride in (it was pushing 90 right up until the sun went down). I cleaned my way through it though. More importantly, I ate within my plan today so I don't have to fool myself into thinking I can out train my diet today.

Jo - you asked what I did for my job. I am a construction project manager in charge of a $50 million project and our client is a state agency. Basically, I work on a construction site and I am a builder - I don't actually use the tools, but I could in a pinch ;). What has made this project so difficult is that the client keeps changing the rules, almost on a daily basis lately, so I can't focus on the actual building of the project. Instead, I get to deal with all of the politics.

Off to make my lunch for tomorrow and then back to cleaning. I need to finish cleaning off my bed so I can actually sleep in it.

I'm burnt from Holiday World and my back is still killing me. I'm in major vacation planning mode. Gotta get my final plans for ADR's into my TA soon. I don't want to be THAT customer. :lmao:

OMG! Paula! New sheets are the best in retail therapy. Envious! I almost brought out the dancing banana, but E would hunt me down. :yay::yay::yay:

OMG! Paula! New sheets are the best in retail therapy. Envious! I almost brought out the dancing banana, but E would hunt me down. :yay::yay::yay:

OMG. Do you remember the poison banana of death? :laughing: Erika almost stepped on it on the way to the start line of the Princess :eek:

OMG! I almost brought out the dancing banana, but E would hunt me down. :yay::yay::yay:

WORD! Stay away from the banana! :rotfl2:

OMG. Do you remember the poison banana of death? :laughing: Erika almost stepped on it on the way to the start line of the Princess :eek:

LMAO! Yes, I totally remember the banana of death! HI LAR IOUS!

I need to respond to everyone. I will. Tomorrow. Tonight is all about drinking and trip planning! :cool1: December is only 6 months away and the Princess is 8. Calling DVC tomorrow! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!