In Search of My Body - Not the One I Ate, VOL 8...It's Never Too Late To Start Again!

SeptemberGirl

More drink, less run since 2008
Hey there.

You've found Volume 8 of a thread that's been on the DIS for two years. We've made great friends, lost tons of weight, and gained some back! We've found new passions, new good habits, and new ways to live. We've succeeded and we've failed. We're not perfect, but we own our stuff - good and bad. But most of all, we're not afraid to start again.

We've started again more than once.

And we do it together.

This thread and these people on it have been my lifeline more than once, and I know I speak for most of us when I say that. So come play our reindeer games. We're super fun.

Reserved for our cast of characters!

The Goddesses:

SeptemberGirl aka Liz

adsrtw aka:EE and Amiee

goofyfan-12 AKA Paula

HockeyKat aka:Kat, or Kathryn

Erika, but everyone on this thread just calls me E.

Ronda93, Ronda

Our newest recruits:

Welcome, friends! Amiee, the COC is all you! But to be nice, I'll post mine here first. :-)

SeptemberGirl aka Liz
Height: 5'7'
Weight: I keep a ticker in my signature.
Personal Stats:
Mom to one child, Emily, 5.
Wife to Nick, married 10 years.
Living in lovely Red Bank, NJ (just ask Kat how lovely it is!)
Favorite Park: MK, because I'm nostalgic and believe in magic.
But I Love: The music when you walk into Epcot
Passions: Music (listening, not playing), seeing concerts,reading, writing, travel, and my family and friends
Important to know: I was a book editor professionally for 7 years. My mom has been battling cancer since 1996. (This comes up a bit). I am an only child, devoted to my network of close friends, who are like family to me.
Weight loss plan and goals: I've been on WW since Oct 2007. I've lost nearly 80, and gained 35 lbs back in 2009, which was an awful year for me. (The other little bit I gained back in 2008, if you're doing the math.) I want to lose the 35lb and see how I feel then. I'm training to walk the Princess Half in March, only because of the support of my friends on this thread.

Awesome Liz! I wanted to make sure we had a spot, just in case! I'm going to steal your snippets.

Wow! Look at how far we have come!

New Year - New Start! Surely I am stealing some company's slogan.

For me, 2010 is a pivotal year. It's the year I turn 35 and the year I take my life back. So many of you enjoy my philosophical talks, so hear comes another one:

This is MY year. Finally, I'm putting myself first. I have to and I owe it to myself and my family. This year, I am participating in my first Half Marathon with a handful of dear-to-my-heart women. This year, I am not going to work myself to death. I know it will be there for me tomorrow and I will enjoy the fruits of my labor. This year, I might be lonely, but I will never be alone. I will continue to enjoy the thrill of the hunt. I won't be upset when I am judged and deemed unworthy because of one picture by those silly boys. After all, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so maybe that beholder needs an eye exam. This year I will find an upgrade of me.

And my vital stats:
adsrtw aka:EE and Amiee
Height: 5'4
Weight: 193
Personal Stats:
Two kiddos - Ryan 10, Taylor 5
Reside in Evansville, IN
Favorite Park: Magic Kingdom, I get goosebumps when I get my first glimpse of the castle
But I Love: Star Tours, yes that herky jerky ride. Rode it with my kids no less than 10 times this summer. I will never forget how much they both laughed.
Passions: Paranormal Romance (vampires, shape-shifters, if it's smut, I like it). Great coffee
Weight loss plan and goals: I want to lose an additional 55 lbs. I started losing weight to avoid being put on meds for insulin issues. With some work, I got that issue under control. I beat it! I beat a possible future of earning myself full blown diabetes because of my weight. I slipped a little recently, but I am back on track now.

Awesome Liz! I wanted to make sure we had a spot, just in case! I'm going to steal your snippets.

Wow! Look at how far we have come!

New Year - New Start! Surely I am stealing some company's slogan.

For me, 2010 is a pivotal year. It's the year I turn 35 and the year I take my life back. So many of you enjoy my philosophical talks, so hear comes another one:

This is MY year. Finally, I'm putting myself first. I have to and I owe it to myself and my family. This year, I am participating in my first Half Marathon with a handful of dear-to-my-heart women. This year, I am not going to work myself to death. I know it will be there for me tomorrow and I will enjoy the fruits of my labor. This year, I might be lonely, but I will never be alone. I will continue to enjoy the thrill of the hunt. I won't be upset when I am judged and deemed unworthy because of one picture by those silly boys. After all, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so maybe that beholder needs an eye exam. This year I will find an upgrade of me.

WORD Sista'!!!!!!!

You gave me goosebumps....

Here is my info...

goofyfan-12 AKA Paula
Height: 5'3'
Weight: 230 and decreasing
Personal Stats: single - no kids (unless you count some of the folks I work with)
Favorite Park: MK - what's not to love about the Hapiest Place on Earth?
Passions: good friends, good food and good times
Important to know: I have lost about 80 pounds in the last two years in part to the support I have received from the folks here (the rest came from the good folks at Jenny Craig and my trainer Jesse). The sense of empowerment that they embody is amazing. I went from being a couch potato to someone who has completed two bike races, can bench press and do weighted squats alongside the muscleheads at the gym and am training for my first 1/2 marathon in March with some of these ladies. Oh and I work on with constractors all day...

That was beautiful Amiee!

Ok. For those who don't know me yet.

I'm Nancy. I'm 43, married for 21 years w/3 kids. One in college, 2 in high school.

I lost 45lbs with WW about 10 years ago. Since then I've struggled to maintain that loss. I lost ground a bit in 2009 gaining a solid 10 lbs and simply put, don't like the direction things are headed in.

My life is rather.....well....diverse I guess. I work part time as a cook/baker/chief dishwasher :laughing: in the farm kitchen at a local apple orchard; raise goats (currently at about 28-ish with babies due in just a few weeks); sew costumes for the high school drama club; and train for 1/2 marathons with fabulous women!

OK - need to respond to a few things from the last thread:

Ronda - Whoo to the Hoo on finishing the 1/2 marathon yesterday!!!!! I am so proud of you!!!! :worship::worship: Can't wait to see the pictures. In the meantime, enjoy your vacation. You totally deserve it.

Lisa - I haven't disappeared. I was out of town for the weekend and didn't have much of a chance to catch up on the boards since I was in meetings and sick. Not fun... Needless to say I am back. Don't think I didn't notice the nice things you said about me. By the way - listen to Erika - you are incredibly strong and we are not going to let you forget that!!!!

Nancy - loving the drunken posts!!!

Jo - glad to hear that your dad is feeling better. Please remember to start putting yourself first. You won't be much help to anyone else if you are not on your A game and feeling great. Promise us that.

Kat - awesome news on the loss.... and I have a Monday weigh in buddy now!!!!! I should warn you that Nancy is totally all over about keeping me honest (thanks Nancy - love you for that)

OK - now that I am caught up - it has been a crazy weekend. I was out of town for a training session and a board meeting plus I was fighting a cold. On the plus side, my eating was under control and I got my six mile training walk in. On the negative side, there were some homemade peanut butter cups that I just couldn't say no to. Totally tracked, totally owned and thoroughly enjoyed....

OK - back to setting goals...

sleep - must get 7 hours tonight (did not sleep well while I was gone)
food - stay on plan (1500 calories for those who may not know)
water - drink my 64 oz of water
and oh yeah - try not to kill any contractors.... :rotfl2:

OK - need to respond to a few things from the last thread:

Ronda - Whoo to the Hoo on finishing the 1/2 marathon yesterday!!!!! I am so proud of you!!!! :worship::worship: Can't wait to see the pictures. In the meantime, enjoy your vacation. You totally deserve it.

WORD! I've been thinking about it all weekend, Ronda. SO proud.

I rocked my goals for today. :thumbsup2 And I LOVE my new running shoes :lovestruc OMG they are amazing. Like they have super powers or something :laughing: Today my body was tired. My brain was tired. They were conspiring together to try and get me to quit my run (and since it was on the TM it's not like I would have been stranded somewhere :rolleyes1). But my FEET?!?! They were all like "we're so happy and comfy and lovin' life, we are NOT stoppin' " :woohoo:

so yeah. I love my shoes.

Goals for tomorrow:

water
track
find my glittery stickers ;)

simple goals for a Monday. I have to return for part II of jury duty, and have a drama meeting tomorrow night, so keepin' it managable.

Liz, I didn't get to comment in the other thread on the MacBook death.

Seriously, my hard drive died about 6 weeks ago and I cried. And I knew that I would get a new one (work laptop) in 2 days and all would be well again, but it still ruined my whole day. So to know that a personal one died a real death... I would be upset for days.

Okay, now that we have established I am a geek:

HockeyKat aka:Kat, or Kathryn
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 212.2
Personal Stats: Married, no children. Two cats that I adore. I am a professional geek... work as a software development manager in the health care industry.
Reside in: Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina
Favorite Park: Epcot.
But I Love: Walking into the Magic Kingdom
Passions: Hockey, obviously. Playing, watching. I also love to read, and love music (playing, singing, listening, etc.) but mostly of the Broadway and female angst variety (i.e. not very diverse music tastes!).
Weight loss plan and goals: I want to lose 62 lbs, and get back to 150 range. I was close in 2008 but have regressed like crazy. I also want to learn how to maintain a reasonable weight and stop yo-yoing. Oh, and I want to finish the Princess Half without being swept.

Goals for today, all met. Tomorrow:
Calories: under 1200
Exercise: Gym at lunch (first time with new gym buddy!)
Water, 64+ oz

Can I join in, too?

Eowensby: Elizabeth
Height: 5'7"
Weight: gosh this is so hard to type out! 280 :eek:
Personal Stats: SAHM, Married to Matt 10yrs, 2 children, Hannah 7 and Nick 3. I also have an embroidery/childrenswear business that keeps me busy.
Reside in: Middle Tennessee
Favorite Park: Magic Kingdom
But I Love: Epcot
Passions: Sewing, Embroidering, planning our next WDW vacation
Weight loss plan and goals: lose 100lbs+, get healthy in that process, be a good example to my children and be around to see my great grandchildren someday, 2011 WDW Half Marathon with my hubby

Holy crap! I almost didn't make it on the first page! Signing in....

Name: Erika, but everyone on this thread just calls me E.
Height: 5'2"
Weight: Fluctuating around 135 - 145 and looking to get to 125.
Personal Stats: married, 3 kids ages 7, 8, and 10. In the great state of Maine. University Professor, working full time from home online. Best way to have a career and be a SAHM.
Favorite Park: MK - it holds the most magic for me.
But I Love: The music when you walk into Epcot. It's my ringtone.
Passions: Travel (everywhere, not just Disney), tennis, hiking, boating, camping--anything outdoorsy. Reading--on my Kindle!
Important to know: I work out like a fiend and often get great results in terms of toning but little results in terms of actual weight loss, so I plateau A LOT. And then I get frustrated and eat A LOT. Thus, the constant fluctuation. I'm a vegetarian and have fun busting on meat eaters, but I don't mean it. It's all in good fun. I swear at every opportunity. My youngest daughter is in and out of the hospital a lot due to kidney failure, but she is doing fine. I try not to brag about my kids too much on here, but it's hard since I am so crazy about them, and well, they're awesome people.
Weight loss plan and goals: My problem is with food and not working out. I have that part down. And further, I eat very healthy as it is, so it comes down to the amount I eat, not what I eat. So I have decided to track and use WW and see how that works for me. Once I lose the weight, I will have to learn how to keep it off. Doing the Princess Half this coming March with my awesome friends from this thread. I am a runner (2 Half Marathons with the third coming up) and triathlete and hope to do a full marathon in 2010 (or the Disney full in January 2011).

Can I join in, too?

HECK YEAH! Welcome! We are super fun, like Liz said in the first post. Most of us know each other very well by this point, but please don't let that stop you. All of us were new once and everyone is always welcome. :goodvibes

Responding to stuff from the last volume of the thread...

Kat--awesome job on the loss! Just awesome! Can't wait for the official weigh in today!

Paula--same, today is your weigh in day and I am beating Nancy to the punch! :lmao:

Kelly--glad to know that the daily goals are working for you, too! Let's keep doing this through January and see how it goes.

Ronda--still thinking of you and hoping you are SO PROUD of yourself and having an awesome time in the parks!

Liz--SO sorry about your Mac. I KNOW how much you loved it. And for all of the reasons.

Ronda93, Ronda
Height: 5'4"
Weight: 168 or so
Personal Stats: partner Sue
Living in Kansas City, Missouri
Favorite Park: MK, duh
But I Love: The rides at DHS.
Passions: family, friends, pets, our home,
Important to know: I just finished the WDW half marathon. About a year ago Sue said, "let's run to the corner" and the rest is history.
Weight loss plan and goals: Eat less, move more. I've lost over 70 pounds over the last 10 years. There have been some periods of regression, but I just keep moving and it works.

Ronda

Good morning! It's back to school for me tonight. Goals same as yesterday but I today is my exercise off day. I usually get a lap or two in at campus though.

Welcome Elizabeth!

Welcome, Elizabeth! Don't be afraid to post, and don't freak if you don't reply to everyone all the time. It gets busy, this thread. But DO come and play when it's going good AND bad. That's what we are here for!

So. No computer. In early at work and using the internet which I am SO not supposed to do. I'll try to keep up that way and on my phone. Nick might be able to hook an old Mac we have (got it as a giveaway - we freaking collect them, and he plays with them) just so I have some internet at home. Pictures and music will have to wait. He thinks I should get a cheapo netbook, wait two years, and buy a sweet MacBook (or whatever new thing they have). I'm torn. I could wait until August, save like a fiend, and get a MacBook then. I've had a Mac as a personal computer since, oh, 2000? I don't know how I'd switch back. Ten years! Although, work has usually been a PC. I'm not anti PC. I'm just pro Mac bc I like simple and easy. :lmao: Gah!

Loving your COC roll calls! E, we SO have the same answer for parks and but I love! HA!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!