I'm Taking you to Disney World, and That's Final!! - Update 11/16

Sounds great so far! I will be down there the last 2 days of your trip! :thumbsup2
Don't forget to plan a resort tour to see some of the Christmas decorations in them. I hear they are beautiful!
:surfweb:I'm ready for more now.
:welcome: and thanks for subbing!! Great tip on the resort tours. I may have to drag my DH with me, he's not real big on leaving the parks to do anything else. He figures, we're there for the parks, we stay in the parks.:confused3 I don't get him sometimes! I'll be posting another update soon, thanks for reading!

Just found your PTR! Excellent start so far. Losing the TSDP had to be a tough one. Glad you get at least a couple of meals though. As to watching Illuminations from Le Chefs, I've never been in there so I'll defer to my fellow posters.
Hi Biscuit!:wave2: Thanks for joining me! I've got to say that the TSDP loss was extremely heartbreaking, but I said I've made my peace with it and am moving on. . . . Yeah, that's why I was looking into possibly booking a Candelight Processional DP on the last night of our trip, the night it opens. . . DH wouldn't care if I made it the Biergarten, his favorite.:rolleyes1 I just have to see if they still have openings!

:welcome: and thanks for subbing!! Great tip on the resort tours. I may have to drag my DH with me, he's not real big on leaving the parks to do anything else. He figures, we're there for the parks, we stay in the parks.:confused3 I don't get him sometimes! I'll be posting another update soon, thanks for reading!

I completely understand that. I am always saying, "This time i'm going to take time to just enjoy a leisure day at the resort and relax."

I haven't yet. I am the first one up and ready to head to the parks in the morning and the last one ready to leave the parks at night. :banana::banana: It's like I'm a kid again.

Hi all!

Here's my random question for the day:

Does anyone buy pins off of ebay? If so, do you find they are more or less expensive than other sites? If you don't buy them off of ebay, where do you buy them (other than the parks)?

The reason I'm asking is becaue I'm looking to get some pins (1 or 2 for each) for everyone going on the trip. I'm looking for the following characters:

Donald & Daisy together
Mickey (he's pretty easy to find). I found one that will fit my DH to a tee! It's Mickey with a coffee cup in hand, the other reached up to "prop" open his eyelid, it's fabulous!:lmao:
Donald
Daisy (she's been tough to find!)
Eeyore
Ride Pins, like Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, Soarin, etc. I haven't run into many of these on ebay.

Any helpful hints I can get would be fantastic! Thanks as always!

S:yay:

I do buy them off ebay. What I do is find a person who is offering a discount on multiple orders shipping and only bid on theirs and check out at the end of the last one. Make sure they are the ones with the Disney head backs and say Disney on the back as those are the only ones tradable at the parks.

I don't trade for ones I know my kids will want, I trade for the ones that are cheapest so they can trade them with cast members at the parks and resorts. They don't care which ones you trade as long as they are legit.

Most pins at the parks range from $5.50 to $14.50 for the larger newer ones. So if I win 10 pins at $3.00 each and combined shipping is $4.00 then I divide it by the amount of pins to make sure I would not be overpaying.

I completely understand that. I am always saying, "This time i'm going to take time to just enjoy a leisure day at the resort and relax."

I haven't yet. I am the first one up and ready to head to the parks in the morning and the last one ready to leave the parks at night. :banana::banana: It's like I'm a kid again.

I just noticed your scrolling ticker on your avatar, that is hilarious!!:rotfl2:

I have not and will not get in to the pin trading thing. When I get in to things I don't just do them a little...i do it A LOT! I am an obsessive compulsive person and I know if I got in to it I would go over board with it.

I just noticed your scrolling ticker on your avatar, that is hilarious!!:rotfl2:

I was so happy to get that little scrolling tag from the tag fairy. :lovestruc

I have not and will not get in to the pin trading thing. When I get in to things I don't just do them a little...i do it A LOT! I am an obsessive compulsive person and I know if I got in to it I would go over board with it.

That is what my DP says so instead she just picks out and buys us all our souvineer pins. :confused3

I do buy them off ebay. What I do is find a person who is offering a discount on multiple orders shipping and only bid on theirs and check out at the end of the last one. Make sure they are the ones with the Disney head backs and say Disney on the back as those are the only ones tradable at the parks.

I don't trade for ones I know my kids will want, I trade for the ones that are cheapest so they can trade them with cast members at the parks and resorts. They don't care which ones you trade as long as they are legit.

Most pins at the parks range from $5.50 to $14.50 for the larger newer ones. So if I win 10 pins at $3.00 each and combined shipping is $4.00 then I divide it by the amount of pins to make sure I would not be overpaying.
Thanks for the tips!:thumbsup2 I just bought six last night and spent $28. Do you have any tips for searching for specific characters? I just end up scrolling through the entire search and with thousands of listings, it can wind up giving you a headache!

I totally understand! The first year DH and I went, we did go overboard. Since then, we've done less each year. I really would love to trade for some nice pins this year, the trouble is I really love all the pins I've got and don't want to get rid of them!:lmao:

I bought a pin for my Mom off of eBay before. If you can, try and find the same seller so that you don't have to pay a lot of shipping.

I just jumped over from my TR when I saw you had a PTR going on! Sounds great so far! I am waiting for your next installment!

I bought a pin for my Mom off of eBay before. If you can, try and find the same seller so that you don't have to pay a lot of shipping.
I ended up doing that, I bought three pins from the same seller and it was only $4.00 total for the shipping. I found some that I really like, but they were extremely expensive, like $50 or more!:scared1: I didn't think pins could get that expensive!

I just jumped over from my TR when I saw you had a PTR going on! Sounds great so far! I am waiting for your next installment!
Thanks and welcome!!! I need to write my next installment. . . :rolleyes1

Thanks for the tips!:thumbsup2 I just bought six last night and spent $28. Do you have any tips for searching for specific characters? I just end up scrolling through the entire search and with thousands of listings, it can wind up giving you a headache!

Well find one dealer and then click search dealers listings... that way you are only on one and just choosing from his to save on shipping.

I totally understand! The first year DH and I went, we did go overboard. Since then, we've done less each year. I really would love to trade for some nice pins this year, the trouble is I really love all the pins I've got and don't want to get rid of them!:lmao:

That is why I just buy the cheapest...so you will be willing to trade them. :rotfl::rotfl:

I apologize up front if the color is too harsh for some people, but it is BREAST CANCER AWARENESS MONTH!!!

I am on the committe for the Trail Ride for the Cure, a horse trail ride happening in Cincinnati to benefit the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation. The ride is tomorrow, so I won't be posting this weekend.http://www.trailrideforthecure.org/Experience.aspx Jump on the website and read about how the ride came about, it's very cool!

This cause is very near and dear to my heart as I've got an aunt that is a breast cancer survivor!:cool1:

Okay, thanks for letting me plug the ride!

Hi there! I didn't realize you had a PTR until I finally noticed it on your signature tonight:rolleyes1 Sounds like your doing a great job planning so far:thumbsup2

As far as the pins go, I usually buy from the same people who sell random pins for $1.59 a piece. Since 4 of us trade, we need quite a few. We want the CMs pins so we don't care what we get from ebay:laughing:; however I've always gotten GREAT pins from who I buy from on there. Definately some keeps come our way each batch we receive:)

Hi there! I didn't realize you had a PTR until I finally noticed it on your signature tonight:rolleyes1 Sounds like your doing a great job planning so far:thumbsup2

As far as the pins go, I usually buy from the same people who sell random pins for $1.59 a piece. Since 4 of us trade, we need quite a few. We want the CMs pins so we don't care what we get from ebay:laughing:; however I've always gotten GREAT pins from who I buy from on there. Definately some keeps come our way each batch we receive:)

:welcome: Thanks for joining! I appreciate the :thumbsup2 on the planning, I honestly don't think I'm as planned out as I should be. DH hinders that process, he thinks I'm planning to much already!:confused3
I really wanted to find some pins for the people that are going on the trip, just as little gifts. I don't know how many of them we'll actually trade.:rolleyes1

Next, the food situation.

I think you will be pleasently surprised w/ the QSDDP....we have done both too...the reg TS and the QS just this past March....it worked quite well.

my opinions are below:

Day 1 – 11/22 – Arrive officially at SSR. Afterwards, we’ll hit DTD and enjoy SHOPPING!! We haven’t decided where to eat this day (our meal plan officially starts), anyone have any suggestions?

Earl of Sandwich YUM-O and Wolfgang Puck Express seems to equally great reviews...both on DDP plans, don't think you can go wrong here!

Day 2 – 11/23 – AK day! We have decided to do Yak n’ Yeti CS (thanks onelilspark for the review:thumbsup2) for lunch or dinner.

you know we ate in March there and we really liked it another :thumbsup2 choice! there's always FTBBQ too.

Day 3 – 11/24 - Epcot!! CS is going to be very hard to pick here. So many choices, so little room in my tummy!

ok for CS choices...my fav are Morroco Tangerine Cafe beyond good!!!! and I like Electric Umbrella and most people rave about Sunshine Seasons...if you have alot of picky eaters...this may do you good.

Day 4 – 11/25 – HS. We haven’t decided on CS for this park yet either. I have a feeling it’ll be Backlot Express since we’ve eaten there before.

Ok there is not a ton of OhhhhI love eating there CS places IMHO here at the Studios...but I like ABC comm just for the space to eat in and it's inside if you time it right it's basically empty. Pizza Planet I think is a good deal for basic pizza and salad too. But if you want to eat Breakfast here and a great use of snack credits eat at SRC! that is a new must for us!

Day 5 – 11/26Thanksgiving!!! This is a MK day, and I just know it’s going to be super crowded, but they have EMH in the morning, and I want to take advantage of those. We don’t have any ressies this day, DH was very adamant that a turkey leg must be consumed on this day (That is his all-time favorite meal in WDW)! We’ll play the rest by ear.

Oohh you are brave...in my tentative plans for next yr I am thinking no park day on Turkey day and eating at one of the monorail resorts....I'll be curious to see how it works out for you!

Day 6 – 11/27 – Check out day…..:sad1: We have a very early 7:20 ADR at Chef Mickey's. This day is penciled in for Epcot, but this may change, depending on what everyone wants to do that we may have missed

that is early but you shouldn't have to wait long and get the best fresh pickins of the day...plus you'll see my new "home" ;)

Up next, must see’s and rides everyone wants to go on.

Thanks for reading,
S

looking forward to more!

Scrappie J-

looking forward to more!
Scrappie J-

Okay, it didn't copy your whole post? Not sure why....
Thank you for the fantastic suggestions.:hug:
One question, what is SRC at HS? That's one that I haven't heard before or don't recognize the abbreviation.

I know we a super brave to be going to MK on Turkey day.... I'm honestly hoping for the best, but if it doesn't work out, that's what park hoppers are for!:rotfl:

I'm very excited about Chef Mickey's, I know I'm extremely lucky to have even snagged this time slot. I haven't told the group about this ressie yet, I'm hoping they will go with the flow. . . .keep your fingers crossed for me!:rolleyes1 I'm wondering if they'll let us tour BLT?? Perhaps I can get my DH interested in DVC again. . .

Well, everything really!:lmao: But, I know that we probably won't get everything in, but we're going to try like heck!

So here's a list by park of the absolute must do's:

Animal Kingdom

Kilimanjaro Safari (Probably my favorite, I know Relly will love this,too)
Finding Nemo - The Musical We have never seen this, so I'm definitely putting this near the top of the list!
Maharajah Jungle Trek and Pangani Forest Exploration Trail My sister and I grew up in San Diego, and of course IMO San Diego has the best Zoo in the country.:rolleyes1 I think Disney did a really good job with these two trails. Not only are they expertly themed, but the habitats the animals are in are fantastic!:thumbsup2
It's Tough to be a Bug I cannot wait for my sister and Mickey to experience this one!! We've definitely been to theme parks in our lifetime, but there isn't anything like this outside of Disney parks.
Expedition Everest Believe it or not, I really want to be able to go through the entire cue so Mickey and Relly can see the wonderful theming this ride has!
Maybes for AK
Flights of Wonder I've done this every time we've gone, I even got the parrot to take a fiver from me!!:lmao: I'm not sure this will be Relly or Mickey's cup of tea, though.
Dinosaur I'm pretty sure we'll do this, it just depends on the line factor.

Hollywood Studios

Toy Story Mania! Uh, duh! New ride, never been on it before, definitely a no brainer!
TOT We can't get my DMIL on this one after the first time we tricked her into it.:lmao: She flatout refuses! We do have new victims with Mickey and Relly, but honestly, you can't be a victim if you are willing!
Rock n Roller Coaster DH's favorite in HS!
Beauty and the Beast - Live on Stage The guys may not do this, but Relly, DMIL, and I definitely will!
Lights, Motors, Action! For the boys!:)
The Magic of Disney Animation I told Relly and DH about this and they both are game!:thumbsup2 This is on my personal to do list, even if I would've had to go by myself!
Star Tours Relly and I will pay homage to the DL original!

Maybes for HS
Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular
Fantasmic I know what you're thinking, :scared1:! Honestly, we'll see how everyone feels and if they are up to fighting the crowds.

Magic Kingdom

I really think we'll have to split this into two days because honestly, can you do MK in one day?:confused3 If we didn't have first timers with us, it would be different. We could pick and choose which attractions to do. But, I want to give Relly the full MK treatment!pixiedust:

All the Mountains Space Mountain's renovation should be done the day before we get there!:thumbsup2
Haunted Mansion Must do! I really enjoy this one!
POTC I want Relly to see the updates and differences from DL
Tom Sawyer Island We haven't done this one in the last couple of trips, so I would like to take the time to explore it again!
Mickey's PhilharMagic I absolutely adore this attraction, and it's also one of DFIL's favorites!
The Enchanted Tiki Room I have always loved this, I know people may think I'm crazy.....:rotfl2:
IASW We probably won't get Mickey on this one, he might just put his foot down! I know Relly will go, though.
Jungle Cruise A must do!

Epcot

Soarin I love this, it just makes me happy to fly over DL!!
Test Track Relly is definitely excited about this one, Mickey, too!
IllumiNations DH's favorite fireworks of all the parks!
Miscellaneous Countries I hope to explore each of them thoroughly! If that includes an adult beverage at one or more, that's okay too!:lmao:
Epcot Character Spot I really want some great character pics so I can post them on the POTD thread!:goodvibes
Spaceship Earth Mickey is excited about this one, I'm really not:sad2:. I got kinda sick the last time I went on it, so I'll end up sitting this one out with DMIL (she gets motion sickness very easily).
Turtle Talk with Crush I LOVE CRUSH!!!
The Seas Can you believe I've never seen the dolphins before???:scared1:

Okay, I think that about covers it. I know there are items that have been omitted, but that's what a TR is for, right?:lmao:

Up next, I went shopping online!!:rolleyes1

Thanks for reading!
S

Okay, I know that there has to be a few lurkers out there! Come out and say hello, I promise I won’t bite!!:wave2:

So, I was reading along to NuttyDisneyMom’s PTR and saw all of the wonderful gifts she purchased for her family on the Disney Store website (cute track suits, pins, sweatshirts, luggage) and thought to myself, I should take a look. She mentioned that she got most of the items on the outlet portion of the site! Did you say outlet?? Oh yeah, I’m definitely there!!:cool1:

I didn’t go overboard, I found a couple of items for Relly since she desperately needed an infusion of Disney merchandise. . .

This t-shirt called out for Relly, Eeyore is her favorite, and purple is her favorite color. $9.99, SOLD!
DSC_0817.jpg

Next, I purchased a small duffle for her, and personalized it with her name and Eeyore.
DSC_0819.jpg

Lastly, I bought her an Eeyore pin on Ebay, I couldn’t resist this one!!
DSC_0827.jpg

I just received the items yesterday and I’m dying to give them to her!!! I’m the worst when it comes to surprises and gifts. I really want to wait until about a week before the trip to give them to her, but I really don’t know if I’m going to make it.:rolleyes1

I also went on a mini Ebay pin shopping spree. I got several pins:

This one is for DH, this fits him to a tee!
DSC_0832.jpg

Next, I purchased a few for DMIL and DFIL. They are Daisy and Donald fans, can you tell??:lmao:
Both of these are for DMIL:
DSC_0822.jpg

DSC_0826.jpg

These two are for DFIL:
DSC_0828.jpg

DSC_0830.jpg

I still have to find something for Mickey, I have no idea what to get him, maybe a sweatshirt that I saw at the outlet??:confused3

Next, you tell me!!!

Thanks for reading,
S

Okay, I know that there has to be a few lurkers out there! Come out and say hello, I promise I won’t bite!!:wave2:

So, I was reading along to NuttyDisneyMom’s PTR and saw all of the wonderful gifts she purchased for her family on the Disney Store website (cute track suits, pins, sweatshirts, luggage) and thought to myself, I should take a look. She mentioned that she got most of the items on the outlet portion of the site! Did you say outlet?? Oh yeah, I’m definitely there!!:cool1:

I didn’t go overboard, I found a couple of items for Relly since she desperately needed an infusion of Disney merchandise. . .

This t-shirt called out for Relly, Eeyore is her favorite, and purple is her favorite color. $9.99, SOLD!
DSC_0817.jpg

Next, I purchased a small duffle for her, and personalized it with her name and Eeyore.
DSC_0819.jpg

Lastly, I bought her an Eeyore pin on Ebay, I couldn’t resist this one!!
DSC_0827.jpg

I just received the items yesterday and I’m dying to give them to her!!! I’m the worst when it comes to surprises and gifts. I really want to wait until about a week before the trip to give them to her, but I really don’t know if I’m going to make it.:rolleyes1

I also went on a mini Ebay pin shopping spree. I got several pins:

This one is for DH, this fits him to a tee!
DSC_0832.jpg

Next, I purchased a few for DMIL and DFIL. They are Daisy and Donald fans, can you tell??:lmao:
Both of these are for DMIL:
DSC_0822.jpg

DSC_0826.jpg

These two are for DFIL:
DSC_0828.jpg

DSC_0830.jpg

I still have to find something for Mickey, I have no idea what to get him, maybe a sweatshirt that I saw at the outlet??:confused3

Next, you tell me!!!

Thanks for reading,
S

Ok if your DH comes looking for me....I'm lying:lmao::lmao: I just got another order in today:rolleyes1 I'll be posting the pics on my PTR shortly. Don't you just LOVE the personalized bags???!!! I got the blue with Stitich and her name in pink on it, for DD7 and a black bag with Jack and her name in pink on it for DD14. I think DS18 feels a little shafted so I'm ordering him one. I hope they have Rhino!

Your pins are AWESOME! I ordered some pins off Disney store, which I'll post and just won a grab bag of 20 off of Ebay for traders.

I just realized we're staying at SSR the same times!!! We're there the 21-25 and then we move to OKW. Hopefully we'll get to see each other there! I'm sure you'll spot me with my new luggage that I posted, among other things:lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter