I'm Taking you to Disney World, and That's Final!! - Update 11/16

Love the new items. :thumbsup2

You are making me really excited... I feel like I should be doing something...:rotfl2:

Ok if your DH comes looking for me....I'm lying:lmao::lmao: I just got another order in today:rolleyes1 I'll be posting the pics on my PTR shortly. Don't you just LOVE the personalized bags???!!! I got the blue with Stitich and her name in pink on it, for DD7 and a black bag with Jack and her name in pink on it for DD14. I think DS18 feels a little shafted so I'm ordering him one. I hope they have Rhino!

Your pins are AWESOME! I ordered some pins off Disney store, which I'll post and just won a grab bag of 20 off of Ebay for traders.

I just realized we're staying at SSR the same times!!! We're there the 21-25 and then we move to OKW. Hopefully we'll get to see each other there! I'm sure you'll spot me with my new luggage that I posted, among other things:lmao:
DH isn't on the boards, so you're safe!:rotfl: I really do love the personalized bags, I bought a large one for DH four years ago and he doesn't travel without it!

I didn't realize we'd be at SSR at the same time, either! You'll be there a day before I will. Maybe we'll have a mini DIS meet!:goodvibes What building did you guys request?

Love the new items. :thumbsup2

You are making me really excited... I feel like I should be doing something...:rotfl2:
Thanks, I really have a shopping problem.:rolleyes1 I have been good so far, though. I am super excited, too! I can't believe we've only got 38 more days!:banana::banana:

DH isn't on the boards, so you're safe!:rotfl: I really do love the personalized bags, I bought a large one for DH four years ago and he doesn't travel without it!

I didn't realize we'd be at SSR at the same time, either! You'll be there a day before I will. Maybe we'll have a mini DIS meet!:goodvibes What building did you guys request?

Thanks, I really have a shopping problem.:rolleyes1 I have been good so far, though. I am super excited, too! I can't believe we've only got 38 more days!:banana::banana:

We requested the Grandstand building so that we're close to the bus line and the hospitality house both:thumbsup2

sorry I got a little behind...

Okay, it didn't copy your whole post? Not sure why....
Thank you for the fantastic suggestions.:hug:
One question, what is SRC at HS? That's one that I haven't heard before or don't recognize the abbreviation.

I know we a super brave to be going to MK on Turkey day.... I'm honestly hoping for the best, but if it doesn't work out, that's what park hoppers are for!:rotfl:

I'm very excited about Chef Mickey's, I know I'm extremely lucky to have even snagged this time slot. I haven't told the group about this ressie yet, I'm hoping they will go with the flow. . . .keep your fingers crossed for me!:rolleyes1 I'm wondering if they'll let us tour BLT?? Perhaps I can get my DH interested in DVC again. . .

SRC is Staring Rolls Cafe....YUM!

if they are doing DVC tours then yes...but you can't get in unless you are staying there.

Your ride goals for the 4 parks sound great...I love the queue line for EE too....reminds of the museums in Chicago.

I love your MK list....it must be so different to tour w/out kids.

can't wait to hear all about it when you get back too...

good scores on the outlet and ebay! You are a great sister :goodvibes

Scrappie J-

sorry I got a little behind...

SRC is Staring Rolls Cafe....YUM! Thanks, I would've never known!:lmao: I have been by there before, but for some strange reason I thought they were only open for breakfast. It's good to know they are open for lunch, too!

if they are doing DVC tours then yes...but you can't get in unless you are staying there. That's good to know!

Your ride goals for the 4 parks sound great...I love the queue line for EE too....reminds of the museums in Chicago. I've only been to Chicago once in November for a concert, we didn't have enough time to hit the museums and I know they are supposed to be fantastic!

I love your MK list....it must be so different to tour w/out kids.

can't wait to hear all about it when you get back too...

good scores on the outlet and ebay! You are a great sister :goodvibes

Scrappie J-

Thanks for the reply, I've got another installment coming up soon.

I am here, better late than never. I can't believe I didn't see your link until tonight. I love Grey Goose Slushies too, yummy!! Your plans look great, I hope Mickey gets in the Disney spirit!

You had me at Grey Goose Slushie.....where will I find one of these???

I'll also be at SSR from 11/20 to 11/27! 30 days...:woohoo:
Grey Goose Slushies can be found in France. Hurray for being at SSR too! You, NuttyDisneyMom and I will all be there at the same time!:cool1: Perhaps a DIS meet is in order?

I am here, better late than never. I can't believe I didn't see your link until tonight. I love Grey Goose Slushies too, yummy!! Your plans look great, I hope Mickey gets in the Disney spirit!
:welcome: I'm glad you found me! I am looking forward to that Grey Goose Slushie probably more than anything else!:lmao: I hope that Mickey gets in the spirit, too. We'll see about that.

Great pins & pab & shirt :) I'm back and getting all caught up!!
Welcome back from your fantastic trip around the world. I'm caught up on your Pop update and cannot wait for your first F&W update!:cool1:

Awesome updates! I am totally jealous that Space Mountain opens RIGHT when you get there! I expect scouting reports, queue intel, photo documentation, & possibly GPS enhanced video simulations.

We were lucky on pins this year. The girls were still a bit young to grasp the whole concept. Of course seeing as how I never actually mentioned it to them and always "re-directed" in the gift shops, that MAY have had something to do with it.

I know your trip will be awesome!

Awesome updates! I am totally jealous that Space Mountain opens RIGHT when you get there! I expect scouting reports, queue intel, photo documentation, & possibly GPS enhanced video simulations.

We were lucky on pins this year. The girls were still a bit young to grasp the whole concept. Of course seeing as how I never actually mentioned it to them and always "re-directed" in the gift shops, that MAY have had something to do with it.

I know your trip will be awesome!

Thanks Biscuit, I hope the trip is everything I expect it to be! I will definitely give you a full report on the Space Mountain status!

Ooooh that's right!!! Space Mountain opens up the day I get there!!!:woohoo: Can't wait!

Hello all,
A few updates for you. First, I went ahead and booked the tour that I've been wanting to do!:banana: Relly and I will be taking the Backstage Safari Tour at AK on Monday!! This was my gift to Relly. We were trying to decide between this one and the Keys to the Kingdom Tour, but we decided that KTTK might be too much for Relly's first trip to the world. We'll save that one for the girls only trip!:rotfl:

Secondly, I've made a few adjustments to our ADR's. I called the reservations line and spoke to a fabulous CM that proceeded to tell me that I had double booked two of our reservations!:rolleyes1 Oops. . . well, we fixed that. I now have three total ADR’s:

11/24: Chefs de France at 5:20 p.m.

11/26: Thanksgiving breakfast at Kona Cafe at 7:35 a.m. Oh so excited about this one!! I threw this one in there because I saw the Kona Breakfast posting on That’s Nice’s TR, and oh, mama just has to have some Tonga Toast!!!:yay:

11/27: Chef Mickey’s at 7:20 a.m. Yeah, early on our last day…. we’ll see if we can keep this one.

I also really want to make an ADR at the Biergarten for the Candlelight Processional package, it’s the first night it’s on and Isabella Rossilini is the narrator!! I really, really, really don’t want to miss this one!!

I shared with DH that MK has EMH on Sunday night, the day we are using as a non-park day. I told him that we could easily get a one day one park ticket if he wanted, but I honestly don’t know if it’s going to be worth the money. Thoughts on this anyone??:confused3

I am having some nervous issues with our ADR’s. I only booked our ADR’s for 4 people. I haven’t brought up the topic with Relly because I don’t think they’re going to have the money to do the TS. Should I just go with the flow and let them know that we’ve got these reservations? I really don’t want to hurt any feelings here, but I am honestly trying to be conscious of their budget….. any thoughts on this one would really be helpful, too.

Lastly, I am looking for a new camera bag. I really want the Lowepro slingshot AW200 (thanks brookelizabeth for posting on this!), but DH really likes the Lowepro Fast Back 200. We’re going shopping this weekend to take them for a test drive. We found them on Ebay for seriously lower than retail. If anyone has any feedback on either, I'd love to hear it!
CameraBagPictures.jpg

I have another announcement that I cannot give out until November 10th. I’m really sorry to tease you guys about this one, but trust me, it’s a BIGGIE!!!

Thanks for reading,
S

For all those veterans out there, I have a silly but important thread question: How do you update your title so you can let people know you've updated your thread??:confused3

For all those veterans out there, I have a silly but important thread question: How do you update your title so you can let people know you've updated your thread??:confused3

Click edit on the first post, then "go advanced." It's only on the advanced screen that the title shows :goodvibes

And your plans look great!!!

:confused3Your plans look great! And you only have a few more weeks! I'm so JEALOUS!

I would love to do a tour, especially as a surprise but I have 2 problems...
1. I don't know if we'll have time
2. I would want her input on what tour she would want to take (probably none) but then it wouldn't be a surprise.

Did any of you guys go as kids? Do you remember the kids obnly tours? We used to go on them every year. They lasted all day and they served lunch. I remember my brother and I getting to see the flight of the navigator ship. Another one i remember was at night time so the parents could go out to dinner alone and they would take the kids on a treasure hunt. They boated us over to the island in the middle of the lake at the monorail resorts. The treasure of course was smores stuff but it was still fun. If only they still did that and allowed adults. I guess too many liability issues now... :confused3

Just stumbled on your pre-trip report and I am so excited for you!

As far as your Disneyland trip, you should definitely check out the DLR section of the DIS. I spend a lot of time over there and there are a lot of helpful people over there. And sticky's. Don't forget to read those.

With your dining reservations, I would say make reservations for everyone and whoever wants to go can go. It's lots easier for them to find a smaller table than a bigger one. I did this when we went to WDW in April. DH and I were on the DDP, but my friend was not and travelling alone. We gave her the option to eat with us if she wanted or she could figure out her own meals. She did end up eating 2 lunches and 1 dinner with us the 2 days that our vacations overlapped and it was a pretty stress free decision for her. "If you want to eat at Restaurant with us on this day at this time, you are welcome to join us." I worded it very carefully so that she could easily find an out if the food, price, or timing was unappealing to her.

Good luck finding the right balance for the budgets!

Click edit on the first post, then "go advanced." It's only on the advanced screen that the title shows :goodvibes

And your plans look great!!!
Thank you!:worship: That was so easy!

:confused3Your plans look great! And you only have a few more weeks! I'm so JEALOUS!

I would love to do a tour, especially as a surprise but I have 2 problems...
1. I don't know if we'll have time
2. I would want her input on what tour she would want to take (probably none) but then it wouldn't be a surprise.

Did any of you guys go as kids? Do you remember the kids obnly tours? We used to go on them every year. They lasted all day and they served lunch. I remember my brother and I getting to see the flight of the navigator ship. Another one i remember was at night time so the parents could go out to dinner alone and they would take the kids on a treasure hunt. They boated us over to the island in the middle of the lake at the monorail resorts. The treasure of course was smores stuff but it was still fun. If only they still did that and allowed adults. I guess too many liability issues now... :confused3
Trust me, I'll be jealous of you in a couple of months!:lmao: I never visited WDW as a child, we lived in Southern California. DL was visited frequently, but we never went on a tour. My suggestion to you would be to look at the different tours available, The website that's attached to the DIS http://www.wdwinfo.com and they have great information on the tours. They break them down by price and park, they also give you discount information and how long each tour lasts. I would recommend that and then you can find the right tour for the two of you.:goodvibes

Just stumbled on your pre-trip report and I am so excited for you!

As far as your Disneyland trip, you should definitely check out the DLR section of the DIS. I spend a lot of time over there and there are a lot of helpful people over there. And sticky's. Don't forget to read those.

With your dining reservations, I would say make reservations for everyone and whoever wants to go can go. It's lots easier for them to find a smaller table than a bigger one. I did this when we went to WDW in April. DH and I were on the DDP, but my friend was not and travelling alone. We gave her the option to eat with us if she wanted or she could figure out her own meals. She did end up eating 2 lunches and 1 dinner with us the 2 days that our vacations overlapped and it was a pretty stress free decision for her. "If you want to eat at Restaurant with us on this day at this time, you are welcome to join us." I worded it very carefully so that she could easily find an out if the food, price, or timing was unappealing to her.

Good luck finding the right balance for the budgets!
:welcome: Thank you for joining me! And, thank you for the great advice. It's always nice to hear experiences of other people and find out how they handled situations. I will now try to re-book my reservations for 7:scared1: instead of 4!

Yeah, so, a kink may be in the works for my DL trip in April....I'm not sure I'll be going now:sad2:, but that will be discussed in a forthcoming update.

Thanks for reading all!:)

looks like most of your questions have been answered :thumbsup2

good luck on trying to adjust the ADR #'s....

Kona...YUM! we didn't actually dine there for breakfast in 08 but had dinner there twice when we stayed at the Poly...but I have had the Tonga Toast it was my breakfast as carry-out form the counter service place in the Poly...it was extremely filling!

Do you have regular passports to get into the parks? cause I think it would be cheaper to add a day on your existing passes than buy a one day...:confused3 I would do some fuzzy Disney math on that :teacher:

your trip is getting so close...very exciting! and I SO can't wait to hear the news on the 10th!!!! popcorn::

J~

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter