• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"I'M STUCK IN DISNEY!!!!!!!!" A Delightfully Unliveable TR ~ NEW TR 9/27!!!!!!!!!!!

I always try to go to the MK first but with limited time its tough! Once we went to AK for rope drop but by 11 we were done and off to the MK! I LOVE your Tower of Terror shirt! How awesome! I'm not creative enough to even buy a vintage shirt online! I can't believe i missed Voyage of the Little Mermaid on my last trip, oh well. I'll just have to go next time! Great update!

Aww thank you! If you just go to ebay and check out the Disney shirts people put up, I'm sure you'd find something you could work with. It's so fun!

Glad you enjoyed it! I hope you find time for VOTLM next time!

Hello!!

Hooray for Hollywood! I, of all people, am definitely okay with you hitting DHS first. I LOVE THAT PARK SO MUCH IT IS RIDICULOUS.

Gosh, that is HEARTBREAKING that you only got to eat a little bit of the cupcake and then tried to save it and it was inedible by then. The same thing happened to me one with some zebra domes and I was devastated. We should probably join a support group to get through this scarring events.

ALSO...your ToT shirt is just fabulous. I find it shameful and embarrassing that I do not own one. Yes, there's the bathrobe, but those get hot. lol. I mean I have ride pics and pics with the CM and I wearing the bellhop hats all over my apartment but no t-shirt. Disgraceful.

I hope you survived working Black Friday! I had to work "Magical Friday". :rotfl: You know, since it's Disney. Luckily it went by fast!

HEY!

Ahh I love it so much too. As I have said in the past, I think it's as magical as MK, just in a different way.

Oh man, Zebra Domes do not travel well. Been there, my friend, been there. If I find a support group I will let you know.

Thank you so much! I'm embarrassed I don't A. Own the bathrobe and B. Haven't ridden the elevator wearing it, so don't worry.

I laughed at them calling it Magical Friday LOL. Oh, Disney. Black Friday was actually a lot better than I thought it was going to be, we were so insanely busy that the day flew by for me too.

Stuck in Disney...I'm in!

yay! :welcome:!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Hey Lia,

A little late, but we are finally on board with what I am sure will be the greatest of your award winning TR's. After following this trip on Twitter, we are more than ready to hear ALL of the details!!!

awdwnut

Hey Lia,

A little late, but we are finally on board with what I am sure will be the greatest of your award winning TR's. After following this trip on Twitter, we are more than ready to hear ALL of the details!!!

awdwnut

YAY! Glad you guys are here!! Thanks for following along again. Happy to see you are going back in 10 months. I am counting down the days until it's fall in Disney again!

OCTOBER 21, 2012
Day 1, Part 4 In Which We Spend A Night In 50's Hollywood

On the way to Sci Fi, I spotted this beauty:

8186319796_6df1d7c548_z.jpg

GAH. Once Upon A Time. If you love Disney and aren't watching this show, you are really missing out. It's basically one long, drawn out, extremely detailed live action Disney movie with tons of backstory. You'll love it. My favorite characters are Snow and Charming, Jiminy Cricket, Little Red Riding Hood, and Rumplestiltskin. :D Now with that line up, how can you not watch?

I was so excited to get to Sci-Fi that I ran ahead of Lee-Anne, screaming. Oops.

8186319472_05630054d0_z.jpg

She didn't get it yet. She had never been inside. I had described the flawlessness of this place to her, but you never really know until you experience it.

So I checked us in and we were told there would be a wait, but that we could go into Writer's Stop until our buzzer went off. Score! Who doesn't love Writer's Stop?

Immediately upon arrival, I started photographing the cookies.

8186318302_4bccdc7b2d_z.jpg

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

8186318704_ccde609261_z.jpg

This is my favorite mirror ever, so of course we had to have a mini photoshoot.

8186317472_80e805aa1a_z.jpg

8186317884_2729899f3f_z.jpg

Yeah... I don't know what we're doing in this 3rd one, but go us.

8186317110_37de2f59a9_z.jpg

I sat down at one of the tables while Lee-Anne looked around at all the merchandise.

@babybritney: "That looks like a personal pan pizza." - Lee-anne on the cookies at Writer's Stop

HAHAHAHA. SO true. I don't know why I didn't take a picture of the cookies behind the glass, but if you've never been to Writer's Stop... they really are that big.

I loved this poster on the wall:
8186316724_af434dceeb_z.jpg

What a scandalous comic book!

Lee-Anne spotted a Hidden Mickey:
8186316118_05f2164f47_z.jpg

And then our buzzer went off! On the way out, I noticed these punch cards:
8186315614_8404664b3a_z.jpg

Just another flawless Disney detail. Shout out to Chris Combs!

8186315168_804fb211cc_b.jpg

We walked back over to Sci Fi and the hostess greeted us. We began our short walk around the set and my heart started pounding. I love this place so much, getting the first glimpse of the Drive-In as the hostess announces we are going back in time to the 1950's and night falls on Hollywood. IT ALWAYS GIVES ME CHILLS.

8187031982_aacfabb021_z.jpg

Drive away your worries and cares at this drive-in theatre, where you will see the finest motion pictures of all time soon to be released. Drama! Comedy! Adventure! Excitement! Something for everyone.

8185989435_ca54cee086_z.jpg

As soon as we turned the corner and you could see the dining room, Lee-Anne was aghast. She said "Oh.... my.... God" in the most amazed way. I was like "I KNOW!" Monica Gellar style.

Ok, so at this point... I've written so much about my love for this restaurant. I won't repeat everything. If you haven't read my previous TRs and want more Sci Fi, here and here is where I talk about it from my 2010 TR, and here is the update from my 2011 TR. :D

Anywho, our car was on the left side of the screen, near the front.

8187031894_2946c92c28_z.jpg

Of course, we were given completely unnecessary menus. All Dissers know what they are eating months before they sit down!

8186314876_557f031c2b_z.jpg

I told Lee-Anne about how the milkshakes at Sci-Fi are the best thing to happen to this planet, and we both ordered one! I stuck by my fave, vanilla, and she got a chocolate one. I also ordered coke with cherry syrup in it.

8186314490_48baef420c_z.jpg

8186314134_21b9aca912_z.jpg

Ok, so did you notice that my milkshake looks chocolate while Lee-Anne's is clearly vanilla? I didn't notice this at first because it's so dark in there and I didn't take a sip of mine right away - I went for my beloved cherry soda first.

Lee-Anne had some of hers and didn't say anything, and then I had mine and said "Oh, there was a mistake, mine is chocolate." I thought that they had given us 2 chocolates since Lee-Anne didn't say anything about hers... and then she suddenly realized that hers was vanilla and she had ordered chocolate. LOL!!! Major Disney brain fart. I was like GURL, HAND OVER MY MILKSHAKE.

I may or may not have hugged my milkshake and petted it a little. Of course, it was just as delicious as always. Best milkshakes ever. Can't order a milkshake outside of Disney... just doesn't compare.

Lee-Anne actually DID have to read the menu, and thought the American Burger was so hilarious because it had a hot dog on it. And I was just kind of like... yeah.

Going to Disney with her made me realize how many things I'm cavalier about having gone so many times and seen almost everything - she'd see something that I know so well for the first time and be like "OH MY GOD!" and I was just like oh yeah, that. When things become familiar, you forget how hilarious it is that Disney does in fact sell a burger with a hot dog on it. :rotfl2:

I ordered the same thing I always order, my much revered Spinach & Artichoke Dip:

8186313820_ed625df337_z.jpg

It was just as good as it's been the last 2,904 times and I ate every single thing off that plate.

Lee-Anne got a cheeseburger that didn't have a hotdog on it:
8186313386_dd68b737ee_z.jpg

She said it was amazeballs. But I mean, duh.

@babybritney: "I don't know why people eat anything but Disney food." - Lee-Anne has learned the ways of the World.

I was proud! Between that and her excitedly pointing out Hidden Mickeys to me, I felt I had contributed something to the universe.

8185989533_968de84d29_z.jpg

Don't you wish you could own a Disney car? When will they do this? They make entire cruise ships so a line of vehicles would be a breeze. Usually my answer to people who ask me why I don't drive is the same as Woody Allen's in Annie Hall: "I'm far too hostile." But I think now I'll just tell people I'm waiting for Disney's car line and will accept nothing less.

Our very cute server took pictures of us in the car:
8186312982_4e7a3f78d5_z.jpg

Oh you know, just two gals enjoying a movie and some shakes on a night in 50's Hollywood.

Up next: More Hollywood Travels

Curiouser&curiouser! said:
I swear we must be the last people on earth to have not eaten at the Sci-Fi Dine in. And I must fix that immediately!

I haven't either!!

Damn you I just got back from the gym and I am faced with a food filled trip update full of awesomeness!!! Yum on the Spinach and Artichoke dip. I could eat that stuff by the bucket I swear. :rotfl:

We had a bad experience on our first time trying Sci-Fi...a more than annoying server, food that took F.O.R.E.V.E.R. to come to the table, and we ordered the steaks (I know, right? :confused3) and they were YUCK. It has been three years, and we haven't gone back. I am thinking we should give it another try ...and order burgers and shakes this time. :rotfl2:

OMG I love that mirror at Writer's Stop! I wish they would sell those at the Disney Store or something, I think every Disney fan would have one!:cool1:

Ahh, Sci Fi...I've only been there once, isn't that awful! I tried to get an ADR there while I was just in Disney, but it was always booked! :confused3 I sometimes dream about that Oreo milkshake, it was SO good! Everything you guys ate looks so good...I really need to go there on my next trip! :woohoo:

Sounds like a blast!!

It really was!! :woohoo:

I swear we must be the last people on earth to have not eaten at the Sci-Fi Dine in. And I must fix that immediately!

That is terrible!! YES YOU MUST FIX IT IMMEDIATELY! It's a life changer, that place. I'm tellin' ya. I just love it so much.

I haven't either!!

GO!!!!

Damn you I just got back from the gym and I am faced with a food filled trip update full of awesomeness!!! Yum on the Spinach and Artichoke dip. I could eat that stuff by the bucket I swear. :rotfl:

Oh trust me... I could too! Sci Fi's is the best ever, too. No other restaurant makes it as well! Bravo on you for actually going to the gym. I think I ate about 4,000 cookies today (damn my mom for baking the best chocolate chip cookies EVER!) and have not seen the inside of a gym in awhile so you are doing better than me, my friend!

We had a bad experience on our first time trying Sci-Fi...a more than annoying server, food that took F.O.R.E.V.E.R. to come to the table, and we ordered the steaks (I know, right? :confused3) and they were YUCK. It has been three years, and we haven't gone back. I am thinking we should give it another try ...and order burgers and shakes this time. :rotfl2:

That is shocking!!! You just caught them on a bad day. I have been there so many times and it has always been perfect. You should definitely try it again! I'm sure it would be better. Even if you don't like the food, it's so worth the ADR for a milkshake and the atmosphere alone :thumbsup2

OMG I love that mirror at Writer's Stop! I wish they would sell those at the Disney Store or something, I think every Disney fan would have one!:cool1:

Ahh, Sci Fi...I've only been there once, isn't that awful! I tried to get an ADR there while I was just in Disney, but it was always booked! :confused3 I sometimes dream about that Oreo milkshake, it was SO good! Everything you guys ate looks so good...I really need to go there on my next trip! :woohoo:

OMG I know! I don't know what they're waiting for, they need to sell it. I mean, I'm sure it's not the only one in existence, they had to have made more... SO WHERE ARE THEY?

Yes it is awful! You need to make an ADR a good amount ahead of time, they fill up pretty fast. It's not as hard to get into as say, Ohana or Chef Mickey's, but still popular! I hope you get to go next time, it is so much fun!

Nope. Never been, either but it shall be remedied!! Just after we try 50's Prime Time first.

I love Sci Fi soooo much more than 50's! Though I do love 50's very much... I just did an update in my other TR about it! Really you can't go wrong either way. Hollywood is really great when it comes to TS restaurants. They could do better on the CS though.

Gosh, I really need to watch Once Upon a Time. I anticipated it before it ever aired and then just always missed it. And now I'm so behind. One day I will catch up!

YUM, Writer's Stop! I love that little nook! And I LOVE SCI FI SO MUCH! Could the theming BE any more perfect? (Side note: I wrote that sentence in Chandler style BEFORE I read that you said "I KNOW!" in Monica style. Yay Friends references!) The Disney car line sounds perfect. Where can I buy one?

Also...I finally penned by Tower of Terror love story. You can read it here.

DH and I love eating at Sci-Fi! We have never gotten one of their shakes though, might have to try one out next time we go. We usually make an ADR there and this past trip we decided to try 50's PT instead. And on our last day in DHS, we both kind of looked at each other around 11:00 am and said, "...Maybe we should just go see if we can get seated as a walk up?" :lmao: We just can't stay away from that place! DH loves that picnic burger with the hot dog on top. :sick: The themeing in there is really one of a kind! So great that you got to introduce Lee-Anne to its awesomeness!

Gosh, I really need to watch Once Upon a Time. I anticipated it before it ever aired and then just always missed it. And now I'm so behind. One day I will catch up!

YUM, Writer's Stop! I love that little nook! And I LOVE SCI FI SO MUCH! Could the theming BE any more perfect? (Side note: I wrote that sentence in Chandler style BEFORE I read that you said "I KNOW!" in Monica style. Yay Friends references!) The Disney car line sounds perfect. Where can I buy one?

Also...I finally penned by Tower of Terror love story. You can read it here.

You definitely should just jump in and start watching it. Even if it takes you a long time to catch up, it's worth it! You'll love it.

YAY us and our Friends references. I seriously love people who think in their voices like I do. hahaha.

I'll go and read it as soon as I'm done with this post. Can't wait!

DH and I love eating at Sci-Fi! We have never gotten one of their shakes though, might have to try one out next time we go. We usually make an ADR there and this past trip we decided to try 50's PT instead. And on our last day in DHS, we both kind of looked at each other around 11:00 am and said, "...Maybe we should just go see if we can get seated as a walk up?" :lmao: We just can't stay away from that place! DH loves that picnic burger with the hot dog on top. :sick: The themeing in there is really one of a kind! So great that you got to introduce Lee-Anne to its awesomeness!

OMG you HAVE to get a shake next time. You are not getting the full Sci-Fi experience, my friend.

I love that you couldn't stay away from there. I don't think I will ever go to Disney without going to Sci Fi, it's just a staple in every single trip. I would miss it so much!

There's that handsome devil HT!

We almost ate at Sci-Fi this trip, but couldn't bear to miss Prime Time! We'll have to brave Sci Fi on the trip after our trip next month since I'm already married to Prime Time this trip!

Ahhh this is making me miss Sci Fi so much! I haven't been there in like 2 1/2 years. SO MUCH AWESOME at that place.

There's that handsome devil HT!

We almost ate at Sci-Fi this trip, but couldn't bear to miss Prime Time! We'll have to brave Sci Fi on the trip after our trip next month since I'm already married to Prime Time this trip!

Oh i'll tell him you said so! He is always bragging about his handsomeness, and I really can't disagree!

You can't lose with that plan!!! :D

Ahhh this is making me miss Sci Fi so much! I haven't been there in like 2 1/2 years. SO MUCH AWESOME at that place.

You should go the next time you are in Disney! I couldn't bear 2 years without Sci Fi. I would be in a very dark place!

OCTOBER 21, 2012
Day 1, Part 5 In Which No Joking! I Need A Job!

Another update so soon? Why yes! I had off of work today it it was glorious. It's going to be another busy week so I figured I may as well post updates while I can!

Just a sidenote- did anyone else get a ton of stuff on DisneyStore.com on Cyber Monday? I got 7 Vinylmations for $16! They are $12.95 each at WDW!! I am so excited to trade them. I also got a bunch of Christmas ornaments and gifts for my family. I ended up saving $30 off my order and $12 in shipping charges. It was just awesome. AHH I can't wait til the package comes.

Ok, onto the updates!

8223652271_ed5fc2fcf7_z.jpg

Studio Stamp!

8223659333_889557067d_z.jpg

@babybritney: "Mickey is my emergency contact." - Lee-Anne #SAME

Oh man, that cracked me up. Lee-Anne says a lot of hilarious things, but if I were to assemble an all-time top 10 list, this would be on it. Imagine one of us having an emergency and Mickey Mouse rushing to the scene. HAHAHAHAHA.

After another notch on my flawless experiences at Sci Fi belt, we headed to the Streets of America, where we saw Mulch, Sweat, and Shears out playing!

8223659135_7150a27d0c_z.jpg

8223658947_38b725fa36_z.jpg

Bandscaping! This band is so great. Unfortunately, they were just finishing up, so we didn't get to see them play any songs.

8224733858_b57333f974_z.jpg

I love the angry shovel.

8223690249_51def11e0a_z.jpg

The Streets were all prepared for the Osborne Lights, and that made me sad when I remembered I wouldn't be seeing them this year! Thankfully, I was lucky enough to see them last year, but I am dying to go back.

8224733548_cbf851ff8d_z.jpg

8223690107_1920a52217_z.jpg

I noticed this street sign in San Fran... I wonder what it says. Probably something about cleaning up after your dog or maybe not leaving your dog outside while you go into a shop? Hmm.

8223658567_c58ed53f4e_z.jpg

I wonder what they're working on here! Anybody know?

8224733370_c6d45125be_z.jpg

We were headed to MUPPET VISION. "It's 3D!!!!!!"

8223658085_64ac5301e8_z.jpg

You know what I just remembered? When it was "Muppet Vision: 4D". What was that about?

8223657893_e852f468d3_z.jpg

I showed Lee-Anne the Hidden Mickey on the fountain - it's one of my faves! Can you spot it?

8224764932_de9b2b5589_z.jpg

As we walked in, I totally forgot that Lee-Anne probably didn't know about the key under the mat thing, so I turned around and told her to go look! She was confused at first but then picked up the mat and thought it was awesome. Then, I realized I didn't remember having taken photos of it, so I did.

8224732636_0dbc20d5dc_z.jpg

8224732850_ca347e2ee3_z.jpg

The waiting area is probably one of the most entertaining rooms you can be in at Disney.

8223657003_0781627706_z.jpg

]
It is yet another place I always notice something that I haven't before. Here are just a few examples of the hilarity in there!

8224732256_8e9d05d891_z.jpg

8224731708_b559789eee_z.jpg

8224731866_3c10245351_z.jpg

And, in case you were wondering what people at Muppet Vision during the late afternoon on Oct 21, 2012 looked like... here you go!

8224731504_cf12302e98_z.jpg

Check out the guy yawning. That or he's roaring. We may never know.

Here we are all ready for the show!

8223657349_feb2b8f27d_z.jpg

It's time to start the music, it's time to light the lights...

8224731258_2bec346dbd_z.jpg

Lee-Anne loved it, I think this was probably one of her favorite attractions.

8224731138_2bf3ecc678_z.jpg

I love that poster. NO JOKING! I NEED A JOB!

*ANOTHER UPDATE IN NEXT POST.
KEEP SCROLLIN'! KEEP SCROLLIN'!!!!!!*

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter