"I'M STUCK IN DISNEY!!!!!!!!" A Delightfully Unliveable TR ~ NEW TR 9/27!!!!!!!!!!!

LIA! I’m so sorry I’m late, but I am here now and I am pumped for this TR! It warms my heart to hear that you had such a great trip. I can’t think of anyone who deserved it more than you. I love those trips when yo come home feeling so satisfied and fulfilled. Disney really is life changing! Oh by the way, your tweets during Stuck in Disney 2012 were pretty much perfect.

I am so glad that I have found someone else who appreciates Hanson as much as I do. Granted, I have not been able to see them in concert nearly as much as you, but I have seen them about ten times, and I still love them as much as I did when I was 13! “Every Word I Say” is my absolute favorite Hanson song. I get so frustrated that you can’t find it anywhere except for the original Penny and Me single. Ughhh. I want it on iTunes! :sad:

Speaking of Hanson, here’s a nerdy story. The first and only time I met them I was fourteen years old, and we stalked them at a radio station where they were giving an interview. I met Isaac and Taylor (Isaac picked on me for having a southern accent) but I couldn’t get up the nerve to talk to Zac. He was always my favorite, and he was just too intimidating in person. So I missed my one and only opportunity to meet him. *sigh* :rolleyes:

Chattin’ it up with Stacey on Facebook like it’s no thing. I WANT YOUR LIFE. :eek:

I see you there, It Takes Two reference. I freaking love that movie. :goodvibes

The Lonesome Ghosts cartoon is seriously one of my favorite ever. My mom and I watched it on the Magical Express on our way to the airport in July, and I laughed so hard at Goofy that I had the entire bus laughing at me. I’m twenty five, but I LOVE cartoons. I’m not sorry! :rotfl:

It wasn’t a toilet paper tail…it was your Tigger tail! How else were you supposed to bounce? Duh, random airport guy! :rolleyes:

Looking for Alaska is such an amazing book, but so sad! I read that in my adolescent lit class in college, and I cried in front of the class when I had to talk about it.

I have the exact same Obnoxious Character Explosion shirt! Great choice! :thumbsup2

Okay I know I always creepily obsess over your beauty, and this is no exception. YOU’RE SO PRETTY.

Yay for online check in and getting bumped to preferred! They don’t call you the Queen of the Polynesian for nothing!

I can’t wait for more!!! :yay:

Loved your first updates!! There is nothing like the very beginning of a trip and that total walking-on-air, pixie-dusted ANTICIPATION! :hyper:

I think every true Disney fan owns at least one Obnoxious Character Explosion shirt. AT LEAST. And that is SUCH the perfect name for them. We need to make it into an acronym and spread it all over the DIS. ;)

Unfortunately, I don't think Lee-Anne was as taken with Stacey. The next day when I was watching, she asked me IF WE COULD WATCH SOMETHING ELSE!!! I almost fell over. I said yes... as my soul died. Yep, I watched something non-Stacey at Disney.

:scared1: Please tell me it was at least Casey (Isn't that her name?) on the DVC channel or Company Clips or something on the Disney Channel! :scared:

OK, and I am SO jealous that you have actually spoken with THE Stacey!!! I wonder what it's like being Stacey - I mean, does she ever go on a normal vacation to Disney and get swamped by adoring fans?? Do you think she's on the DIS? :scratchin

Amazing start to what surely promises to be an amazing TR!!! :thumbsup2 I think I need to go back and read your past TRs... I think I've been missing out! ;)

Oh my god. Seriously, The Fault in Our Stars had me bawling. I mean, I was sobbing like I just lost a dear friend. I get a little wrapped up in books... to the point that, when I finish them, I have this sadness because I don't get to read it anymore. I had just started re-reading that book on my first flight home the other day and squealed when you mentioned it (in a crowded airport terminal...)
I definitely want to check out other books by him, so I might have to give Looking for Alaska a try!

I waited for my parents at MK last Friday, but I didn't want to do anything without them. The wait was interminable! I think I would have preferred waiting at the airport, because being in the magic and so close to all my fave attractions? It was just a big tease!

I'm in! Can't wait to read about your stay!

I was at POP from the 20th to the 27th! We had a late Sat flight, and let me tell you I wish it was cancelled because it was SCARY!:scared1: We were in the 50's section with a lake view. You are right about the shortcuts, there is always a quick way from point A to point B!

I prefer the early flights, but my husband would rather sleep in. Our flight this time was noon, it made me sad. I want to be there for lunch time, not grabbing airport food!

Aw man, arrival day is always so amazing. There's nothing better than getting off the plane and feeling the heat, smelling the smells, UGH, HOME!! I would have died having to wait a few hours in the airport, I would have been all "NOPE, SORRY, see you at the resort!" at the very least, if not taken off to a park :rotfl2: Good friend I am!

hahahaha I have to say... it was tempting.. but I wanted to experience arriving together!

LIA! Im so sorry Im late, but I am here now and I am pumped for this TR! It warms my heart to hear that you had such a great trip. I cant think of anyone who deserved it more than you. I love those trips when yo come home feeling so satisfied and fulfilled. Disney really is life changing! Oh by the way, your tweets during Stuck in Disney 2012 were pretty much perfect.

I am so glad that I have found someone else who appreciates Hanson as much as I do. Granted, I have not been able to see them in concert nearly as much as you, but I have seen them about ten times, and I still love them as much as I did when I was 13! Every Word I Say is my absolute favorite Hanson song. I get so frustrated that you cant find it anywhere except for the original Penny and Me single. Ughhh. I want it on iTunes! :sad:

Speaking of Hanson, heres a nerdy story. The first and only time I met them I was fourteen years old, and we stalked them at a radio station where they were giving an interview. I met Isaac and Taylor (Isaac picked on me for having a southern accent) but I couldnt get up the nerve to talk to Zac. He was always my favorite, and he was just too intimidating in person. So I missed my one and only opportunity to meet him. *sigh* :rolleyes:

Chattin it up with Stacey on Facebook like its no thing. I WANT YOUR LIFE. :eek:

I see you there, It Takes Two reference. I freaking love that movie. :goodvibes

The Lonesome Ghosts cartoon is seriously one of my favorite ever. My mom and I watched it on the Magical Express on our way to the airport in July, and I laughed so hard at Goofy that I had the entire bus laughing at me. Im twenty five, but I LOVE cartoons. Im not sorry! :rotfl:

It wasnt a toilet paper tail&it was your Tigger tail! How else were you supposed to bounce? Duh, random airport guy! :rolleyes:

Looking for Alaska is such an amazing book, but so sad! I read that in my adolescent lit class in college, and I cried in front of the class when I had to talk about it.

I have the exact same Obnoxious Character Explosion shirt! Great choice! :thumbsup2

Okay I know I always creepily obsess over your beauty, and this is no exception. YOURE SO PRETTY.

Yay for online check in and getting bumped to preferred! They dont call you the Queen of the Polynesian for nothing!

I cant wait for more!!! :yay:

Aww thank you. It was definitely a much needed trip and I left feeling so much better!

AHH Every Word I Say is seriously one of their best songs. A lot of the stuff they put on B-Sides or reserve for the fan club only are REALLY good. I mean, EWIS is a lot better than some of the songs on Shout It Out, so I really don't get it. They really don't play that song enough either, so when I hear them start playing it at a show I just LOSE IT. I'm glad you love Hanson so much. Maybe we will run into each other at a show one day! I can be quite the traveler when it comes to those three bigheads as I lovingly call them.

AWW that's such a sweet story! I'm sure you'll get the opportunity to talk to Zac someday. They are really nice guys. Usually unless it's really late or really cold or they're sick, they come out after the shows to meet whoever wants to hang out for awhile. :D

I understand the Stacey envy. I don't know how I got so lucky to talk to such royalty, but I am very thankful!! :bitelip:

LOL I love that you did that because I seriously find Goofy like side splittingly hilarious. My friend Gina and I have been watching a Goofy Movie together since we met and every single time we just laugh hysterically.

You're so right!!! It was simply my Tigger tail. I don't know why other people didn't realize this. Muggles.

Woo! Matching Obnoxious Character Explosion Shirts. We rule.

Pshhhh whatever, you're so pretty!!! But I thank you.

Seriously!!! Everyone needs to praise my royal status and give me Preferred rooms!!!!

Loved your first updates!! There is nothing like the very beginning of a trip and that total walking-on-air, pixie-dusted ANTICIPATION! :hyper:

I think every true Disney fan owns at least one Obnoxious Character Explosion shirt. AT LEAST. And that is SUCH the perfect name for them. We need to make it into an acronym and spread it all over the DIS. ;)

:scared1: Please tell me it was at least Casey (Isn't that her name?) on the DVC channel or Company Clips or something on the Disney Channel! :scared:

OK, and I am SO jealous that you have actually spoken with THE Stacey!!! I wonder what it's like being Stacey - I mean, does she ever go on a normal vacation to Disney and get swamped by adoring fans?? Do you think she's on the DIS? :scratchin

Thanks so much! It's so true. I wish I could bottle that feeling!

Good thinking! Start spreading the word and before you know it, everyone will own an OCES.

NO :crazy2: It was like...regular television. I don't even. Emma, it was horrifying.

OMG if she is on the DIS and she is not on this thread, she needs to get over here PRONTO. I assume she is bombarded with fans everywhere she goes, but especially in Disney, so she probably needs at least like 6 bodyguards, but hopefully she still gets to enjoy her park time!

Amazing start to what surely promises to be an amazing TR!!! :thumbsup2 I think I need to go back and read your past TRs... I think I've been missing out! ;)

Thank you so much!!! I hope you enjoy the previous TRs too. They rock if I do say so myself.

Oh my god. Seriously, The Fault in Our Stars had me bawling. I mean, I was sobbing like I just lost a dear friend. I get a little wrapped up in books... to the point that, when I finish them, I have this sadness because I don't get to read it anymore. I had just started re-reading that book on my first flight home the other day and squealed when you mentioned it (in a crowded airport terminal...)
I definitely want to check out other books by him, so I might have to give Looking for Alaska a try!

I waited for my parents at MK last Friday, but I didn't want to do anything without them. The wait was interminable! I think I would have preferred waiting at the airport, because being in the magic and so close to all my fave attractions? It was just a big tease!

I know what you mean about the sadness that happens when books end. I LOVE being wrapped up in a book. It was an amazing read but pretty heartbreaking. I love that book so much. Definitely check out Alaska, again it's gonna pull at your heart but it's really great.

Wow, you are strong. I don't think I'd be able to not do anything at MK. One thing that was torturous on my trip was that Lee-Anne didn't want to do any thrill rides at all and so I had to walk by things like Splash and Space Mountain and it was painful! If I didn't have those solo days I would not have been able to do it!

Btw did you enjoy ASMo? What section were you in? It was my first stay there and I LOVED IT minus the location. I forgot how All Stars is like 8 million miles away from EVERYTHING except AK. I requested Toy Story and got it and ahhhhhhh I can't even describe how much I loved it.

I'm in! Can't wait to read about your stay!

I was at POP from the 20th to the 27th! We had a late Sat flight, and let me tell you I wish it was cancelled because it was SCARY!:scared1: We were in the 50's section with a lake view. You are right about the shortcuts, there is always a quick way from point A to point B!

I prefer the early flights, but my husband would rather sleep in. Our flight this time was noon, it made me sad. I want to be there for lunch time, not grabbing airport food!

:welcome:!!!! Thanks for joining in! Sorry about your scary flight... I'm glad everything ended up ok! I would be too anxiety ridden to take a flight during the storm like that.

Ahh I love that area of the 50's. The lake is so pretty. You were in a great spot.

That is so true! I would be upset about leaving at noon. It's like wasting the day. Maybe you can alternate... like this time you left late cause your husband wanted to but next time you can leave early cause you want to!

Btw did you enjoy ASMo? What section were you in? It was my first stay there and I LOVED IT minus the location. I forgot how All Stars is like 8 million miles away from EVERYTHING except AK. I requested Toy Story and got it and ahhhhhhh I can't even describe how much I loved it.

I liked ASMo... the theming was fantastic, my room was in a GREAT location- Fantasia 8, (close enough to the main building but on the other end of the pool), and everyone was super friendly. But... I think I am just going to resign myself to fewer trips to be able to afford Deluxe.:faint: I know it's shocking because it's better to stay value to get a trip Home, but I just felt like I spent so much time traveling between my resort and ANYwhere I wanted to go.
But, aside from that, I really did like ASMo!

Just made it over, but I am IN!!! :cool1: I literally LOL'd at your TP tail story! :rotfl2: I loved following you on Twitter...can't wait to hear all the details that make your #StuckinDisney story meatier!!! popcorn::

YAY! Thanks for alerting me to your new trip report!

I was LOLing at your TP story, and my 3 year old son asked me what was so funny. I said I was reading a story called "Lia goes to Disney World." He (still stuck in Halloween mode almost a month later) replied Lia GHOST?! Who's that! Which made me laugh even harder. I needed it this AM! (Oh, he's now playing with a ghost candy holder and calling it "Lia Ghost".")

I liked ASMo... the theming was fantastic, my room was in a GREAT location- Fantasia 8, (close enough to the main building but on the other end of the pool), and everyone was super friendly. But... I think I am just going to resign myself to fewer trips to be able to afford Deluxe.:faint: I know it's shocking because it's better to stay value to get a trip Home, but I just felt like I spent so much time traveling between my resort and ANYwhere I wanted to go.
But, aside from that, I really did like ASMo!

Ahh I really wanna stay in a Deluxe, but it just doesn't make sense for me since I so rarely spend a lot of time in the room/at my own resort. Plus, I like the location of Pop & AoA, even though it's far from the MK... but nowhere near as bad as the All Stars. It sucks b/c I love Movies but it's just so far and takes so long + sharing a bus with the other resorts. The travel time is so rough. Maybe next time we'll rent a car and it'll be easier.

Just made it over, but I am IN!!! :cool1: I literally LOL'd at your TP tail story! :rotfl2: I loved following you on Twitter...can't wait to hear all the details that make your #StuckinDisney story meatier!!! popcorn::

Hey there! Thanks for joining in! :D

YAY! Thanks for alerting me to your new trip report!

I was LOLing at your TP story, and my 3 year old son asked me what was so funny. I said I was reading a story called "Lia goes to Disney World." He (still stuck in Halloween mode almost a month later) replied Lia GHOST?! Who's that! Which made me laugh even harder. I needed it this AM! (Oh, he's now playing with a ghost candy holder and calling it "Lia Ghost".")

Thanks for being here!

Awww that is so cute! I am still in Halloween mode too, so I know how he feels. "Lia Ghost"... that is just adorable!

WOO HOO! YALL MADE IT TO DISNEY! :banana: That's one of the very best moments of a trip.... driving under the arches and just knowing the whole trip is ahead of you!

Yay for staying at Pop! That place seriously feels like home to me. We're staying at AKL on our trip in February and a part of me is sad that we won't be at Pop. You got an awesome room in the 60's! SWEET VIEW! :)

Okay so I thought I finished reading the last update on your other trip report, but apparently I never did. And APPARENTLY I didn't realize that you started this trip report. And APPARENTLY that was one of the best introduction posts I've ever read. Period.

I CAN'T WAIT TO READ ABOUT THIS TRIP.

And ps... your intro about yourself is literally perfect. PERFECTION, LIA!

Hahaha that whole twilight zone feeling you had before going to Disney is how I feel now. I JUST WANT TO DO MY DCP. And there is a potential "end of the world" happening exactly ONE MONTH AND ONE DAY before I check in. Sooooo THAT BETTER NOT HAPPEN BECAUSE I NEED TO GO FULFILL MY DISNEY CAST MEMBER DESTINY. Sorry, slight rant. Today's been a long day.

Now looking back on it, Stacey truly did bless your trip. Enough said.

Girl, I want to go to Disney with you so bad. You're such a frump and I'm such a frump and we would just be the most perfect travel buddies.

You just remind me of Emma from Once Upon a Time so much. Like.. I see pictures of you and I think it's her. :laughing:

POP IS SO BRIGHT AND PRETTY. I want to stay there when I'm on my DCP and people come visit me. I haven't been there since I was 13. And I need to get tie dye cheesecake because HELLO that's a necessity.

I can't wait for the next update!!!!! Literally this trip report made me so much happier. I was having a crappy day and now I remembered that I'm going to Disney soon and my life is going to improve by 5,000% and it's all okay. YAY FOR EXCITEMENT.

Essay post. Sorry. I'm just loving it. Great job so far. :goodvibes

Yay! A Stacey reply, that's awesome!!!

Oh dear, your Dad sounds like mine. He actually used to come in the morning and do his impersonation of "Reveille" to get us up. Since he had been in the military and he thought we should be tortured with it. :lmao:

Hahahahaha, oh toilet paper.

Model partners dressed in drag can only increase the awesomeness of any photo.

At least you had Hula Timon there to get you through your period of Stacey deprivation. Stay strong. Stay strong. Such a travesty.

WOO HOO! YALL MADE IT TO DISNEY! :banana: That's one of the very best moments of a trip.... driving under the arches and just knowing the whole trip is ahead of you!

Yay for staying at Pop! That place seriously feels like home to me. We're staying at AKL on our trip in February and a part of me is sad that we won't be at Pop. You got an awesome room in the 60's! SWEET VIEW! :)

AHH I know! There is seriously nothing more exciting in the world for me!

It feels like home to me as well. I would definitely miss it if I didn't stay for at least part of a trip. AKL is obviously beyond amazing though, so I'm sure you will fall madly in love with staying there too!

Okay so I thought I finished reading the last update on your other trip report, but apparently I never did. And APPARENTLY I didn't realize that you started this trip report. And APPARENTLY that was one of the best introduction posts I've ever read. Period.

I CAN'T WAIT TO READ ABOUT THIS TRIP.

And ps... your intro about yourself is literally perfect. PERFECTION, LIA!

Hahaha that whole twilight zone feeling you had before going to Disney is how I feel now. I JUST WANT TO DO MY DCP. And there is a potential "end of the world" happening exactly ONE MONTH AND ONE DAY before I check in. Sooooo THAT BETTER NOT HAPPEN BECAUSE I NEED TO GO FULFILL MY DISNEY CAST MEMBER DESTINY. Sorry, slight rant. Today's been a long day.

Now looking back on it, Stacey truly did bless your trip. Enough said.

Girl, I want to go to Disney with you so bad. You're such a frump and I'm such a frump and we would just be the most perfect travel buddies.

You just remind me of Emma from Once Upon a Time so much. Like.. I see pictures of you and I think it's her. :laughing:

POP IS SO BRIGHT AND PRETTY. I want to stay there when I'm on my DCP and people come visit me. I haven't been there since I was 13. And I need to get tie dye cheesecake because HELLO that's a necessity.

I can't wait for the next update!!!!! Literally this trip report made me so much happier. I was having a crappy day and now I remembered that I'm going to Disney soon and my life is going to improve by 5,000% and it's all okay. YAY FOR EXCITEMENT.

Essay post. Sorry. I'm just loving it. Great job so far. :goodvibes

YAAAAY you're here! Thank you so much!! I'm glad you are loving it so far!

Yeah, I think it accurately describes who I am as a human being. :D

Oh man, the world is NOT going to end. I think? If it does, you'll go to Heaven and Heaven = Disney World, so I think you can probably still be a CM in the afterlife version of Disney. So this is a win/win situation for you. I wouldn't worry. :laughing:

Ahh I want to go with you too! On a scale of 1 to FRUMP I'm off the charts/more frumpy than most people can even understand, so I have a feeling we would have an even better time than we can imagine! I can't wait to visit you!!!!

Well THANK YOU! I am taking that as compliment since I think she is quite pretty!!!

Um YEAH you really need to stay there someday. The cheesecake is only the beginning of the wonders of Pop food. But I feel like next time I'm definitely staying at AoA because the walk over to Pop is so short that it's really like they are one resort so it's like staying at both. I really want a mermaid room!

Aww, I'm glad this cheered you up! That makes me feel good. You are seriously going to be in your element 100% and so much happier in Disney. I am seriously thinking about doing it myself. I have no idea how that can possibly happen and it's based on like 10,000 variables all lining up, but hey... you never know. :smickey:

Eee yay! Don't apologize. I love the essay posts! I remember when you first commented on my TR and wrote me a book about it basically. I LOVED IT hahaha. It was like "Lia's TR: A Dissertation by Jess." :thumbsup2

Yay! A Stacey reply, that's awesome!!!

Oh dear, your Dad sounds like mine. He actually used to come in the morning and do his impersonation of "Reveille" to get us up. Since he had been in the military and he thought we should be tortured with it. :lmao:

Hahahahaha, oh toilet paper.

Model partners dressed in drag can only increase the awesomeness of any photo.

At least you had Hula Timon there to get you through your period of Stacey deprivation. Stay strong. Stay strong. Such a travesty.

GAH I Know! I still can't believe I spoke to the Queen!

HAHAHAHA oh my god, my dad was in the military too. He was also an olympic boxer, AND a police detective. So he's like the most disciplined person in the WORLD. He can do anything and I'm always just like...merp I'M GOING TO DISNEY AGAIN. LOL.

I know, right? Thank you!

Yes, it was a very difficult time, but we got through it and now I truly believe we can get through everything.

OCTOBER 21, 2012
Day 1, Part 3 In Which We Wish We Could Be Part of Your World

After unpacking and getting ourselves together while spending some quality time with Stacey, we headed out to the bus stop.

Destination: HOLLYWOOD. Hooray for THAT.

I have never EVER been to any other park but the Magic Kingdom first. However, when I was doing our schedule, it just made sense to do Hollywood on Day 1. I have to say, it did feel a little weird, but Disney is Disney, AND I WAS SO EXCITED!!!!!! :hyper:

We had one of the longest waits I have EVER had for a Disney bus. It was not the way to introduce Lee-Anne to Disney transportation, but we were really too excited to care.

8172995177_8a6d501c89_z.jpg

FINALLY, the beautiful, stunning, glorious bus arrived!
8172994981_1f835ac176_z.jpg

@babybritney: BUS VOICE GUY <3 <3 <3

Once you hear that voice, it's all over. You're done. The real world is gone and your trip is going full speed ahead. HSDLKAJSHFLKFJHS DISNEY!!!

I have to mention, though: I'm terrified that they are phasing Bus Voice Guy out, because if you take the Art of Animation bus, it's a new voice. STOP WITH THE NEW VOICES AND SPIELS, DISNEY. JUST STOP.

FIRST GLIMPSE OF MY BELOVED:
8173025028_4b788155f8_z.jpg

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did I mention I was wearing a Tower of Terror shirt that I MADE??????? Well, not really. I bought an awesome 90's Tower of Terror shirt on Ebay that was huge on me, so I DIY'd the crap out of it and added purple and yellow ribbons. It's fabulous, just you wait and see. I forgot to take a picture of the shirt on its own, but we took lots of pics on this day, so you'll see plenty of it!

8186311134_50def936d7_z.jpg

WELCOME TO HOLLYWOOD!

8186310856_3d3882c4e3_z.jpg

That feeling of being back in a Disney park after thinking about it every day of your life for months, like finally actually BEING in this place you always think about, doing things you always wish you were doing... is absolutely unreal.

8186326448_db82a52b24_z.jpg

Before heading out into the park, I checked the wait times board to see just how crazy the TSM wait would be. It said 75 minutes, and honestly, if Lee-Anne wasn't with me I probably would have just got in line!

I think we all know about my crack-like addiction to this ride. I was DYING to get on it, so 75 minutes really seemed like nothing to me. However, I would have felt really bad asking Lee-Anne to get into a line that long upon just arriving in Disney for the first time in 17 years. You know, the whole "hurry up and wait" thing is not so fun. I knew that we wouldn't get to be in Hollywood for rope drop until Day 4, though, so not getting on TSM in that moment kinda stung! #ADDICT

We asked a nice custodial CM to take some oblig Hat pics for us:

8186325712_c6579fba79_z.jpg

At this moment I realized how much I hate stopping to take pictures. I like HAVING the photos, but I just don't like to interrupt my Disney rampage to do so. Basically my point is that I need a Photopass photographer to be assigned to me to photograph my vacation candidly while I run about through Disney.

8186326010_1de09305bc_z.jpg

Sigh... Maybe someday.

After picture time, we headed to our first attraction of the trip!!!! You probably think it's Tower of Terror, right? I mean, I have the homemade shirt and the uncontrollable obsession... but no!

8186325346_362da7ba77_z.jpg

It was Voyage of the Little Mermaid!

I know, I know... not the most exciting first choice, but I love this show! Always have, always will.

8186324914_73194b1e37_z.jpg

I actually planned it this way because it is one of Lee-Anne's few memories from her childhood trips. It's funny, because I have such strong memories of it from my first trip, too! So those who complain about it: hey, shut up. It leaves an imprint on the minds of children!!

We saw that the next show was starting in about 10 minutes, so we got in line, where we had a view of the hat peeking out from behind some trees:

8186324518_1ac3cc6732_z.jpg

I've never even waited on line for this show, usually you can just walk on into the building, so I was a little worried about the crowds. However, it ended up not being bad at all. Definitely longer waits and more congestion than I'm used to, but still not anywhere near a peak season crowd. I think Day 1 was probably the most crowded too (besides F&W Festival on the weekend, which you should avoid like THE PLAGUE unless you literally have zero other options of when you'll get to go.)

One of my favorite things to do is walk around and examine any room that Disney decorates. Most people just walk on through, and they are missing so much!

8186324144_270fff4311_z.jpg

8186323786_77bfc5c74c_z.jpg

8186323276_c40e7cd7c3_z.jpg

And by "so much", I mean mostly disintegrated typewriters. But it's really cool!

8186322882_fc4a5c1b83_z.jpg

I couldn't get a good shot during the whole show, but I kind of like the one above: Ursula looks even more evil than usual!

8186322664_b9d1038590_z.jpg

What would I give to live where you are? What would I pay to stay here beside you? What would I do to see you smiling at me?

8186322338_05bf40f48e_z.jpg

Even though they skip like 105% of the story, I will always love this show. Like I said, it's one of my rare, vivid memories of my first trip, and that will always be incredibly special. And I LOVE the way they have Max there. He looks so perfect and exactly like in the movie.

I remember watching this and thinking... I wish New Fantasyland wasn't in CM previews this week. I wished so badly I could have the chance to see it, but I read that the soft opening for the general public was not going on the week we were there due to Cast Member previews ONLY. The one day the CM previews weren't happening, the 27th, there was supposed to be some private press event or something. I was really sad about that. Little did I know, later on in the trip I would not only get into New Fantasyland, but have the chance of spending more time there than I could ever ask for! I mean, I spent so much time there that it actually started to feel normal. Like you know, just headed to Gaston's to get another Lefou's Brew and sit in his giant chair. NO BIG. But I'm getting ahead of myself!

After the show, I decided we should head over to Starring Rolls, because we had an ADR coming up and by the time we got out, the bakery would be closed (Starring Rolls inexplicably closes at 4pm). I NEEDED a cupcake. You don't even know how much I needed a freaking cupcake. It's not even up for discussion.

8186320552_a77390e666_z.jpg

When we went inside, I took a look at the offerings and noticed they now have Carrot Cake Cupcakes instead of Marble ones, and they were themed for the season!

8186322020_9f8f29a9b2_z.jpg

Of course, I went with my favorite cupcake ever, THE RED VELVET CHEESECAKE CUPCAKE:
8186321714_ae69dd0aea_z.jpg

I have a very tragic story. Since we were about to eat lunch, I didn't want to eat the whole cupcake. So I only had a little bit of it and got a to go box. By the time I tried to finish it, it was so melted and destroyed that it wasn't even in that place cupcakes go where they are a total mess but you can still eat them. It was fully inedible, and I probably cried over it.

8186321348_a43ebf4da2_z.jpg

Lee-Anne got this brownie, which I don't even think she ate until she left? It was really a fail for us both at Starring Rolls that afternoon. I'm ashamed.

8186320898_835bed51b7_z.jpg

The lighting in here reminded me of the kind at The Hollywood Tower Hotel, so I had to take a picture! Less spiderwebs though, of course.

After we left Starring Rolls, I noticed that there was a dance party/hula hoop contest going on in front of the hat:

8186320212_47d4065d34_z.jpg

Dance parties are a pretty big deal at Disney World right now. I don't know what's going on, but we saw them EVERYWHERE... complete with DJs. It just kills me that Disney thinks there isn't enough going on already and figured they should add dance parties. LOL.

I kind of wanted to join in the hula hooping extravaganza, but I had something WAY more important to do. It was time for one of my favorite moments of every single trip. Yes folks, we were on our way to:

8186319100_6566d7f78d_z.jpg

THE SCI-FI DINE-IN THEATRE!!!!

Up Next: Our meal at Sci Fi and more Hollywood adventures

I used to do MK first on every trip, but you're right. Sometimes it just make sense to do another park instead.

I'm surprised you didn't break down and cry at the thought of not riding TSM that day. I know how much of an addict you are (like ME!)...because I would have bawled...in the middle of the midway.

That's a good suggestion. Disney could totally capitalize on the "personal photographer deal". Really. :rotfl:

Hahaha. I never noticed that typewriter before at VOTLM. Hemingway would be proud. :lmao:

I'm crying over the loss of your cupcake right now. That just ain't right.

__disneygirl said:
OCTOBER 21, 2012
Day 1, Part 3 In Which We Wish We Could Be Part of Your World

After unpacking and getting ourselves together while spending some quality time with Stacey, we headed out to the bus stop. Destination: HOLLYWOOD. Hooray for THAT.

I have never EVER been to any other park but the Magic Kingdom first. However, when I was doing our schedule, it just made sense to do Hollywood on Day 1. I have to say, it did feel a little weird, but Disney is Disney, AND I WAS SO EXCITED!!!!!! :hyper:

We had one of the longest waits I have EVER had for a Disney bus. It was not the way to introduce Lee-Anne to Disney transportation, but we were really too excited to care.

FINALLY, the beautiful, stunning, glorious bus arrived!

@babybritney: BUS VOICE GUY <3 <3 <3

Once you hear that voice, it's all over. You're done. The real world is gone and your trip is going full speed ahead. HSDLKAJSHFLKFJHS DISNEY!!!

I have to mention, though: I'm terrified that they are phasing Bus Voice Guy out, because if you take the Art of Animation bus, it's a new voice. STOP WITH THE NEW VOICES AND SPIELS, DISNEY. JUST STOP.

FIRST GLIMPSE OF MY BELOVED:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did I mention I was wearing a Tower of Terror shirt that I MADE??????? Well, not really. I bought an awesome 90's Tower of Terror shirt on Ebay that was huge on me, so I DIY'd the crap out of it and added purple and yellow ribbons. It's fabulous, just you wait and see. I forgot to take a picture of the shirt on it's own, but we took lots of pics on this day, so you'll see plenty of it!

WELCOME TO HOLLYWOOD!

That feeling of being back in a Disney park after thinking about it every day of your life for months, like finally actually BEING in this place you always think about, doing things you always wish you were doing... is absolutely unreal.

Before heading out into the park, I checked the wait times board to see just how crazy the TSM wait would be. It said 75 minutes, and honestly, if Lee-Anne wasn't with me I probably would have just got in line!

I think we all know about my crack-like addiction to this ride. I was DYING to get on it, so 75 minutes really seemed like nothing to me. However, I would have felt really bad asking Lee-Anne to get into a line that long upon just arriving in Disney for the first time in 17 years. You know, the whole "hurry up and wait" thing is not so fun. I knew that we wouldn't get to be in Hollywood for rope drop until Day 4, though, so not getting on TSM in that moment kinda stung! #ADDICT

We asked a nice custodial CM to take some oblig Hat pics for us:

At this moment I realized how much I hate stopping to take pictures. I like HAVING the photos, but I just don't like to interrupt my Disney rampage to do so. Basically my point is that I need a Photopass photographer to be assigned to me to photograph my vacation candidly while I run about through Disney.

Sigh... Maybe someday.

After picture time, we headed to our first attraction of the trip!!!! You probably think it's Tower of Terror, right? I mean, I have the homemade shirt and the uncontrollable obsession... but no!

It was Voyage of the Little Mermaid!

I know, I know... not the most exciting first choice, but I love this show! Always have, always will.

I actually planned it this way because it is one of Lee-Anne's few memories from her childhood trips. It's funny, because I have such strong memories of it from my first trip, too! So those who complain about it: hey, shut up. It leaves an imprint on the minds of children!!

We saw that the next show was starting in about 10 minutes, so we got in line, where we had a view of the hat peeking out from behind some trees:

I've never even waited on line for this show, usually you can just walk on into the building, so I was a little worried about the crowds. However, it ended up not being bad at all. Definitely longer waits and more congestion than I'm used to, but still not anywhere near a peak season crowd. I think Day 1 was probably the most crowded too (besides F&W Festival on the weekend, which you should avoid like THE PLAGUE unless you literally have zero other options of when you'll get to go.)

One of my favorite things to do is walk around and examine any room that Disney decorates. Most people just walk on through, and they are missing so much!

And by "so much", I mean mostly disintegrated typewriters. But it's really cool!

I couldn't get a good shot during the whole show, but I kind of like the one above: Ursula looks even more evil than usual!

What would I give to live where you are? What would I pay to stay here beside you? What would I do to see you smiling at me?

Even though they skip like 105% of the story, I will always love this show. Like I said, it's one of my rare, vivid memories of my first trip, and that will always be incredibly special. And I LOVE the way they have Max there. He looks so perfect and exactly like in the movie.

I remember watching this and thinking... I wish New Fantasyland wasn't in CM previews this week. I wished so badly I could have the chance to see it, but I read that the soft opening for the general public was not going on the week we were there due to Cast Member previews ONLY. The one day the CM previews weren't happening, the 27th, there was supposed to be some private press event or something. I was really sad about that. Little did I know, later on in the trip I would not only get into New Fantasyland, but have the chance of spending more time there than I could ever ask for! I mean, I spent so much time there that it actually started to feel normal. Like you know, just headed to Gaston's to get another Lefou's Brew and sit in his giant chair. NO BIG. But I'm getting ahead of myself!

After the show, I decided we should head over to Starring Rolls, because we had an ADR coming up and by the time we got out, the bakery would be closed (Starring Rolls inexplicably closes at 4pm). I NEEDED a cupcake. You don't even know how much I needed a freaking cupcake. It's not even up for discussion.

When we went inside, I took a look at the offerings and noticed they now have Carrot Cake Cupcakes instead of Marble ones, and they were themed for the season!

Of course, I went with my favorite cupcake ever, THE RED VELVET CHEESECAKE CUPCAKE:

I have a very tragic story. Since we were about to eat lunch, I didn't want to eat the whole cupcake. So I only had a little bit of it and got a to go box. By the time I tried to finish it, it was so melted and destroyed that it wasn't even in that place cupcakes go where they are a total mess but you can still eat them. It was fully inedible, and I probably cried over it.

Lee-Anne got this brownie, which I don't even think she ate until she left? It was really a fail for us both at Starring Rolls that afternoon. I'm ashamed.

The lighting in here reminded me of the kind at The Hollywood Tower Hotel, so I had to take a picture! Less spiderwebs though, of course.

After we left Starring Rolls, I noticed that there was a dance party/hula hoop contest going on in front of the hat:

Dance parties are a pretty big deal at Disney World right now. I don't know what's going on, but we saw them EVERYWHERE... complete with DJs. It just kills me that Disney thinks there isn't enough going on already and figured they should add dance parties. LOL.

I kind of wanted to join in the hula hooping extravaganza, but I had something WAY more important to do. It was time for one of my favorite moments of every single trip. Yes folks, we were on our way to:

THE SCI-FI DINE-IN THEATRE!!!!

Up Next: Our meal at Sci Fi and more Hollywood adventures

Carrot cake is my favorite, which is good since its everywhere at the World. But I'm hoping to find some utterly adorable Christmas themed treats, even though I'm normally too full treat them! Sounds like a fabulous first day so far. I'll just be hitting refresh until you post more!

P.S. that ToT shirt is bad ****!

P.P.S. where is that handsome devil HT?

I was so disappointed that we ended up missing VotLM this year. :sad: It's one of my favorites!! But the timing just never lined up.

LOVE your ToT shirt!

OMG those cupcakes look heavenly...as I wipe the drool from my chin. :rotfl: Too bad you didn't get to finish it. We have gotten the Butterfinger cupcake before, but I didn't get to try a new one this trip. That looks like the winner to try for next year!

Mmm, looking forward to seeing what you eat at Sci-Fi! It's a favorite of ours. We eat there every trip!!

lovingeire said:
Carrot cake is my favorite, which is good since its everywhere at the World. But I'm hoping to find some utterly adorable Christmas themed treats, even though I'm normally too full treat them! Sounds like a fabulous first day so far. I'll just be hitting refresh until you post more!

P.S. that ToT shirt is bad ****!

P.P.S. where is that handsome devil HT?

Whoops, I got edited!

Oh man, the world is NOT going to end. I think? If it does, you'll go to Heaven and Heaven = Disney World, so I think you can probably still be a CM in the afterlife version of Disney. So this is a win/win situation for you. I wouldn't worry. :laughing:

Ahh I want to go with you too! On a scale of 1 to FRUMP I'm off the charts/more frumpy than most people can even understand, so I have a feeling we would have an even better time than we can imagine! I can't wait to visit you!!!!

Well THANK YOU! I am taking that as compliment since I think she is quite pretty!!!

Um YEAH you really need to stay there someday. The cheesecake is only the beginning of the wonders of Pop food. But I feel like next time I'm definitely staying at AoA because the walk over to Pop is so short that it's really like they are one resort so it's like staying at both. I really want a mermaid room!

Aww, I'm glad this cheered you up! That makes me feel good. You are seriously going to be in your element 100% and so much happier in Disney. I am seriously thinking about doing it myself. I have no idea how that can possibly happen and it's based on like 10,000 variables all lining up, but hey... you never know. :smickey:

Eee yay! Don't apologize. I love the essay posts! I remember when you first commented on my TR and wrote me a book about it basically. I LOVED IT hahaha. It was like "Lia's TR: A Dissertation by Jess." :thumbsup2

Hahaha well... when you think of it logically... :laughing: YUP everything is going to be just fine! :thumbsup2

I completely agree with that.

She is really pretty! So is Regina. Even though she makes me cringe. AHH did you watch the Tallahassee episode!?! I'm like emotionally scarred from it. It was so intense.

There's something else I need to try at Pop... the Chicken Alfredo, right? AH I want to go there. And oh yess you should definitely stay at AoA next time!! That'd be so cute :)

I really am. I actually will be good at what I'm doing there. And I will feel like I'm working towards the big picture, finally. I'm WAY too excited. Ah girl, I wish we could just get an apartment down there together! It would solve a few of those variables haha

BAHAHA oh my gosh I remember. Your first trip report completely turned my Disney obsession up a few notches. I will forever be grateful. :flower3:

----

YAY for another update on the day I find this trip report! But now I'm craving MORE :lmao:

I love DHS! Voyage of the Little Mermaid was a huge part of my childhood too. I was just in complete heaven when my five-year-old self was watching that show. I wish I looked like Ariel just so I could be in it. The girl who I saw last time really was not too good. :headache:

I'm so sorry your Starring Rolls experience was not its usual wonderfulness :( How sad.

I'm sure Sci-Fi will make up for any disappointments! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter