"I'm NEVER going back! "

So...I made a powerpoint and we had a family dessert night.

Oh, I just love that you made a powerpoint. :hug: It totally sounds like something I would do. I have laminated itineraries before. :rotfl:

When people say "Why do you go to Disney all the time?" I say, "Because I can." and leave it at that. :woohoo:

And the ones who say, "But it's so expensive!" I say, "Not if you know how to do it."

Glad I'm not the only one who thought :hey if you can take your BFF's DD on your next vacation to WDW to help w/ the baby and get a chance to see how Disney is done;)

When I got back to work from our recent trip I couldn't get over how many people asked me if I rode Hulk and saw Jaws:lmao: Nope, we just did Disney. "Oh I thought that was all the same thing" Which then made the quote from here pop up in my head "Where's the monorail stop for Universal":lmao:

I too am always amazed the people spend all the $$ to go on vacation and can't be bothered to research what they're going to be doing. But like others have said, makes it easier for those of us that do

When we decide to go I make a chart. How many days, how many 1/2 days do we want to spend in each park/water park/DTD.

Spread them out so we don't spend all our 1/2 days at MK and then don't go back the rest of the week. (Following me?)

I then plug in where we want to eat for those days. I also make sure I do NOT go in to evening EMH and that we get to see all of the nighttime stuff, Spectro/Fantasmic/Illuminations.

I have told this to friends and they think I am crazy! BUT we always get to do all of the attractions and rides that we want!

If we are going with extended family I do this right away and send them the chart so they see where/when we are going to which park and add them to ADR if they want to go to dinner with us.

I don't think I am crazy...

I read it as "Did you stay at Pop (Century) with a PIN code"?

Maggie

I thought she meant that she suggested the friend go one the website, start a vacation plan and then abandon it or order the DVD/maps etc... Basically trying to tell Disney that you might be considering spending your $$ there so that they will send you a pin code.

Wow! When we were planning our trip, I took all the advice I could get and when I didn't listen to something I usually regretted it.

I am curious what your suggestions are to get a PIN code.

I took a big group of my in-laws down for thanksgiving 2012. Starting at about 9 months out I started sending everyone monthly e-mails to get them ready for the 180 ADR point, then some basic planning and touring tips to keep everyone excited.

Despite all the efforts to "lead the horse to water", my brother in law still waited 90 minutes in line for the Norway boat ride before meeting us for our ADR in the Mexico pavillion, after dinner my family went over, did a round of agent P missions and rode the same ride with 20 min wait. :worried:

He never understood why he didn't enjoy his trip as much as we did.

My best friend has been to Disney twice and cannot afford to go back, because, they spend from $14,000-$16,000 on each trip :scared1: oh and they can't even afford to stay onsite :eek:

They usually travel for 2 weeks and the reason they spend so much money is because they pay around $800 for a mini van, as they are a family of 4 and would never fit in a regular car :confused3, plus they always do Discovery Cove, how can they not? Plus spend a week at Disney, where they go commando from opening to closing and do every single ride, but, they must bring their own food as they can't afford to eat there and they have to go to La Nouba, they are at Disney after all. Then, they go to Universal for 3 days where they MUST do Blue Man group. Then they do Sea World, Busch Gardens and Aquatica. Then, they spend the last day shopping at the Outlets to spend the last few thousands they have left.

And she tells me all the time that she cannot understand how we can afford to go so often, so, I tell her that for $14,000 I can go to Disney 5-6 times for the same number of days, stay onsite, eat onsite, take DD and my nephew (which also makes us a family of 4), rent an SuV or a minivan while paying for a mid size (thank you National!) and while we don't do Sea World, Discovery Cove, Busch Gardens, Aquatica, Universal or La Nouba on every single trip, we may visit one or two during the year. Then she tells me... So, you don't do everything? :rolleyes:

I'm going next year. I'm also a huge disney nut but can you help me with some of these? My ear is hear to listen and take the advice

2. was to expensive
ME: did you do what I suggested to pop a pin code? What is this?
BBB: Uuuuuh.. No I got busy
Me: Well did you, check the special offer page before you booked online? Can you please direct me?
BBF: Uuuuh.. I forgot
Me: Well did you call an ask?
BBF:The wait on the phone was to long.. Me: how long BBF: 5 min..

Oh, I just love that you made a powerpoint. :hug: It totally sounds like something I would do. I have laminated itineraries before. :rotfl:

Awww...thanks! :hug:

This is a trip that our parents are footing the bill to celebrate their retirement and I just wanted it to be the trip that they have dreamed about for all those years of hard work. I planned a trip to NYC for all the girls of the family last year that we gave to my mom for a surprise on Mother's Day and well...let's just say, that few really listened to my suggestions and complained loudly often. It made me sad and yep, I got my feelings hurt. I was trying to avoid that this time around. :worried:

I'm going next year. I'm also a huge disney nut but can you help me with some of these? My ear is hear to listen and take the advice

2. was to expensive
ME: did you do what I suggested to pop a pin code? What is this?
BBB: Uuuuuh.. No I got busy
Me: Well did you, check the special offer page before you booked online? Can you please direct me?
BBF: Uuuuh.. I forgot
Me: Well did you call an ask?
BBF:The wait on the phone was to long.. Me: how long BBF: 5 min..

I've never heard the phrase 'pop a pin code' but, right now, for example, when you go to www.waltdisneyworld.com don't go straight to 'book a vacation package'. Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and find 'special offers' in small print. They are, for example, offering resort packages for 30% off rack for spring vacations right now :-)

And the OP is hilarious :rotfl:

We get this all the time too, as we are going twice this year people think we are EXTRA crazy now. My DH told them at work that we are going to Boston in the summer too, and one guy said "OOHHH did they build a Disney there too??? Is that why you are going there???" :headache:

Super Annoying!!! This is why I like the Dis.

some people don't want help. i never offer help if i'm not asked.

and some people want to be miserable. just let them be.

There is someone who is absolutely obsessed with how we can afford to go - they don't bother to ask us (just talk bad about how much we spend on vacations) so they don't bother to ask what we do without for the year in order to splurge for the only week my husband gets off for vacation.

We have these people in our lives, too. Well, my vehicle is from the last millennium and we didn't build a custom home in a new neighborhood. We also stay at the Swan or Dolphin on points.

We make the choice to say no to lots of things so we can afford our vacations (Disney or otherwise).

We have these people in our lives, too. Well, my vehicle is from the last millennium and we didn't build a custom home in a new neighborhood. We also stay at the Swan or Dolphin on points.

We make the choice to say no to lots of things so we can afford our vacations (Disney or otherwise).

Exactly! You make choices as to what are the things that are important to you. We decided a while back that "things" aren't as important as experiences.

My best friend has been to Disney twice and cannot afford to go back, because, they spend from $14,000-$16,000 on each trip :scared1: oh and they can't even afford to stay onsite :eek:

They usually travel for 2 weeks and the reason they spend so much money is because they pay around $800 for a mini van, as they are a family of 4 and would never fit in a regular car :confused3, plus they always do Discovery Cove, how can they not? Plus spend a week at Disney, where they go commando from opening to closing and do every single ride, but, they must bring their own food as they can't afford to eat there and they have to go to La Nouba, they are at Disney after all. Then, they go to Universal for 3 days where they MUST do Blue Man group. Then they do Sea World, Busch Gardens and Aquatica. Then, they spend the last day shopping at the Outlets to spend the last few thousands they have left.

And she tells me all the time that she cannot understand how we can afford to go so often, so, I tell her that for $14,000 I can go to Disney 5-6 times for the same number of days, stay onsite, eat onsite, take DD and my nephew (which also makes us a family of 4), rent an SuV or a minivan while paying for a mid size (thank you National!) and while we don't do Sea World, Discovery Cove, Busch Gardens, Aquatica, Universal or La Nouba on every single trip, we may visit one or two during the year. Then she tells me... So, you don't do everything? :rolleyes:

God in heaven... Personally, our most expensive Disney trip, everything included, was just over 2k. And we didn't sacrifice a thing. I just did one with my family that had to cost more then 10k by the time we calculated things like souvenirs... We stayed at the Poly and my mother bought, I kid you not, 5 Dooney bags.

I swear to heaven, that kind of spending at Disney stressed me right the heck out. Granted, they can more then afford it, put absolutely none of it on credit and paid cash for it all, but still... Holy cow. So not used to anything other then the budget trip to Disney. And I can honestly say that it's as fun at 2k as it is 10k.

My feeling about our Disney trips always is the same... My husband works 50 hour weeks, I work 60-80 hour weeks. That extra income pays for our trips, and then some. We put nothing on plastic (though we just got a Disney Visa we'll charge trips to and pay off right off so we can get the points), we have no credit card debt, no outstanding debt... We're not on food stamps, social security, and we pay all our bills on time. We rarely eat out, we don't take other smaller vacations, we don't even go to the movies or have cable.

Our Disney trips? That's our luxury. What's the difference between us spending 4k to go to Disney twice a year and those who spend the same each year on other day-to-day luxuries like cable and eating out and other little tidbits? That's what we choose to spend our disposable income on, and we can afford it, so why do people care? What's the big deal?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter