"I'm NEVER going back! "

My 12 year old daughter and I were talking about this thread. She reminded me of a time we were talking vacation plans with friends:

Other Mom: You're going to Disney again?

Me: Yes, it's been a couple of years. We went to Wyoming last year. (See, we do go other places.)

OM: It must be nice to be able to afford to go to Disney so often.

Other daughter: Maybe we can't go to Disney, but we did get Hannah Montana tickets. They cost $120 each! (Said this in a way to provoke envy knowing we would never spend that much on a concert.)

My daughter: You do know that is about 2 days at Disney World, right?

Other Mom & Daughter: Oh.

What I wanted to say: Yes, I know you can't afford a Disney vacation, but you can afford $150 a month membership to that health club you never go to. Just sayin'.

Where IS that LIKE button:rotfl:

We get this all the time too, as we are going twice this year people think we are EXTRA crazy now. My DH told them at work that we are going to Boston in the summer too, and one guy said "OOHHH did they build a Disney there too??? Is that why you are going there???" :headache:

Super Annoying!!! This is why I like the Dis.

You think he gets it bad?

I own a business that sells firearms, silencers, night vision and all kinds of other fun stuff. I also run a big hunting website, and I'm heavily involved in the hunting industry. I've been on Animal Planet and several other TV shows about animals and hunting including catching rattlesnakes with my bare hands and wrestling wild hogs and hog tying them with rope. I'm 6'2" 275lbs and it's been months since I've shaved or had my hair cut and I'm starting to look like one of the guys off Duck Dynasty.

Imagine how bad I get it when people hear that I'm going back to Disney World again ;)

ponyboy said:
You think he gets it bad?

I own a business that sells firearms, silencers, night vision and all kinds of other fun stuff. I also run a big hunting website, and I'm heavily involved in the hunting industry. I've been on Animal Planet and several other TV shows about animals and hunting including catching rattlesnakes with my bare hands and wrestling wild hogs and hog tying them with rope. I'm 6'2" 275lbs and it's been months since I've shaved or had my hair cut and I'm starting to look like one of the guys off Duck Dynasty.

Imagine how bad I get it when people hear that I'm going back to Disney World again ;)

LOL - I LOVE seeing guys like you at Disney!!! I was trying to explain to non-Dis friends last night that people-watching at Disney properties is the best ever! Its one of the many reasons we keep making the trek all the way from New Zealand: entire families in tie dye T-shirts, little girls tricked out in full princess kit, 250 lb guys in Mickey ears, everybody gettin their Disney-geek on- we love it!! dont ever stop!

I was at Disney World in early Feb for a week. We ate 2 table service meals, and the rest were all at counter service places. Not once did we eat a hamburger. We ate things like sweet and sour chicken, taco salads, tabbouleh, couscous, smoked salmon and sushi. All from counter service.

So, your friend must have preferred hamburgers, if that's all she ate.

I "assisted" a friend in her Wdw planning a few years ago. She didn't want to plan much because she didn't want go be on a schedule. However,she did agree to plan a few adrs. She Admitted that was the best decision she made because it was nice to know that after a busy day in the parks that they had a place they could go sit down and enjoy a good meal. They are a family of 5 and she realized it would've been difficult to get in a TS restaurant without any adrs.

Like everyone else I cannot stand the "I will never go back" people. When they book a vacation to Mexico, do they just show up there and not plan anything? Or how about when driving to Yellowstone? No thoughts and what they might want to do and see there? We are going to LA in june and we are planning and studying what we can do out there besides a quick trip to DL.

I get the wanting to sleep in, it is a vacation. But if I am spending money where there is stuff to do, I am doing to as much as of it as I can. We just plan a lazy or day or two, and by lazy I mean showing up 30 minutes after RD.

However, I do fault Disney with part of this. 180 days for ADRs is silly, always has been. I was okay with 90, but it really should be 45 to 60 at the most. People can be too busy with their lives to plan a trip (which park which day) to plan meals that far out. (I also do think that people staying on resort should get to book first, even if only 10 days ahead of the rest of the public). Also when most of your marketing materials just focus on rides with families and meeting characters, it is easy for the uniformed to think of Disney as just a nicer, bigger Six Flags. They used to market less the "experience" and market the idea of a being a destination, which means "we are bigger than you can imagine, might want to read up a little so you can have a good time."

By the way I never get pin codes and I've tried everything. I guess they figure I will come without one so they don't bother sending me one. And they're right. I always show up without a pin code!

My SIL that likes to one up everyone is at it again. Because we are going in October and taking the kids out of school she thinks she can irk us by going over Christmas because, then she doesn't have to take her kids out of school. She doesn't like to do much planning and prefers to wing it. I told her in my best poker face to have a good time.

My SIL that likes to one up everyone is at it again. Because we are going in October and taking the kids out of school she thinks she can irk us by going over Christmas because, then she doesn't have to take her kids out of school. She doesn't like to do much planning and prefers to wing it. I told her in my best poker face to have a good time.

:laughing: Thanks for this morning's good laugh!! :rotfl:

This thread (which I admit I skimmed) reminded me of two things.

The first is the second trip our family took. I had found the Dis and was really planning well. My DH is not a Disney person but we got free dining and I set him up in good restaurants, so he did not complain. However, the second day he said, as I was planning for EMH the following morning, "I'm not rushing tomorrow. It's my vacation." To which I said, "Well, I have planned this out for months and the rest of us will be there when the park opens. Come join us when you are ready. Just get on the bus (we drove that year)." He decided to get up and we had a pretty easy AM at MK!

The next story is recent. My friend is a teacher with three kids 5, 3, and 1. She hasn't been to WDW since her college days when she was a CM at ToT. Her plan is to go during Christmas and she wants to stay at the Poly looking towards the MK. I told her she would really need a plan and I ran some numbers for her. I also mentioned she might want to deal with the heat and go the third week in August instead. She appreciated it and didn't realize anyone actually went to the parks on Christmas day. I sent her some websites, books to read, and some prices and figure they can determine the rest. If it ends up a crazy trip (though I think they can make anything fun), I can say I tried.

Jessica

Twin Dad said:

Lol that's great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter