I'm in MS...anyone else??

Just need to know approximately where on Hwy 90 is MacAllister's. Or can I not miss it? don't get to Ocean Springs much anymore.

Ironically, though I live in Hattiesburg, I was in Ocean Springs yesterday. The McAllister's is on the East bound side of Hwy 90 (the side closest to the gulf for the directionally challenged). I don't think you can miss it.

:cool1: Hey what time do you guys think we should meet. I am more of an evening girl I guess. That may be easier for those of you with children, too. How about anywhere from 4-7pm. 4-5pm may be good for those who want to be home for dinner and so forth. I think an hour should do it for our first meeting. I plan on eating there after the meeting if it is early enough, or eating there before if folks want to come in from 6-7pm. I was trying to not make it too late. Dh and I have no little ones so those of you with children or who have to drive a bit will need to guide me here.

When we decide on a time I will let McAllister's know and will see if we can get the room to the side of the restaurant. Look forward to getting opinions out there.:banana:

Sounds like fun. What exactly is the Dis Meet all about? I am relatively new to this board.

nights work best for me since I work days....hope my next contract is still in this area...my friends live here and they will be thee...very excited about the meet...

Sounds like fun. What exactly is the Dis Meet all about? I am relatively new to this board.

:lmao: Well, broberts we all kinda got together on the DIS Boards recently. There are DIS meetings set up all over the country where people can get together in a relatively short distance to talk about DISNEY!! Anything and everything Disney. :banana: So yes, it is a self help group for those of us out there with a Disney Addiction:rolleyes: --be it using OCD Spreadsheets planning a trip, hearing others glorious tales of eating in Disney, shopping in Disney, dreaming about Disney, listening to Disney music, on and on and on...

I have just completed cutting out about 30 lime green Mickey heads for everybody who comes to our Gulf Coast DIS Meet as a name tag. Lime green is the official DIS color. So we would be the people in Mississippi with the Mickey Head antenna prop, car tag, sticker, tigger shirt, etc. I, for instance am not allowed to talk about Disney at work and no one is allowed to ask me about Disney for fear of getting nothing accomplished for at least 30 minutes...:goodvibes my eyes glaze over and I enter an alternate reality where I am displaced inside a Passporter giving out free WDW info to all who will listen. Sort of like an oracle.

So please come to our Dis meet if you love Disney and live close by, the more the merrier. :rotfl:

;) OK everyone just received a PM about the upcoming DIS Meet. I added broberts, djblu883, jemgumby, Tine731, DonnaSue and Kittysomerville to my buddy list. Please let me know if I need to remove anyone by sending me a PM back. I just wanted to include all the posters on this thread. Someone out there asked me to remove them because they no longer lived in the area and I apologize if I sent you another PM( I took you off the Buddy List but may have added you back, don't remember who it was). I look forward to seeing everyone next month and will keep you updated on any changes or develoments. Closer to the date I will try to get a head count so I will know what to tell McAllister's so they can have a table/room ready. Thanks everyone for being patient--I am in the process of changing jobs so I may not be on this thread daily but I am subscribed to it and will check it every couple of days. :cutie:

I used to live in MS for 9 years. Went to college in Hattiesburg, then moved to Brandon for a couple of years before moving back to my home state of FL. Now 4 years later I'm in OK.

So howdy y'all down there in MS, those of you on the guld coast, be careful next week, I'll be thinking about ya.

So howdy y'all down there in MS, those of you on the guld coast, be careful next week, I'll be thinking about ya.

We are watching the Gulf. Getting ready to head North if Gustav decides to pull a Katrina. If you look at the whole Atlantic this morning it looks like there is a train coming at us.

We're evacuating on Saturday. Our home was devastated by Katrina, we're not taking any chances. In our town, many people are leaving on Saturday. Many are preparing. Wal-Mart had no water and no batteries last night.

We're evacuating to Orlando. We were to begin our trip next week, so now we're just going a little earlier. Since we already had our trip planned, we decided to go ahead to Florida instead of bunkering down somewhere in North MS or AL. Now we pray that TS Hanna doesn't come near us next weekend while in the middle of our vacation.

Everyone, please be smart and stay safe. Many blessings!:hug:

:lmao: Have a terrific evacuation, no better place to go. See you at the DIS meet. :banana:

Hi all,

I'm from Hattiesburg, (Natchez originally) and just found this place. I'm going to Disney November 8-11, 2008. It'll be my first trip to Disney since 1995. I'm SO excited. I'll be bringing my BF, 35, and his son 13. My BF has been, but probably not since the late 80's and his son has never been.

We'll be staying at Pop. I picked Pop because of what I read about the buses there. I also selected the Deluxe Dining Plan.

I'm open to any tips, tricks, and suggestions!

Char

:cool1: Hey Charinms, we would like to invite you to our DIS Meet Sept 27th at Mc Allister's Restaurant in Ocean Springs on Hwy 90. This will be our first meet and maybe will help you with your plans for Nov. Hope you can make it.
:wizard:

Hey everybody! We had to evacuate for Gustav and are back home now. Did everybody do o.k.? We had a tree down and that was it...whew. Looking forward to the Dis Meet on 9/27! Take care everybody!

:cool1: Hey Charinms, we would like to invite you to our DIS Meet Sept 27th at Mc Allister's Restaurant in Ocean Springs on Hwy 90. This will be our first meet and maybe will help you with your plans for Nov. Hope you can make it.
:wizard:

Thanks ToddyLu for the invitation. I'll have to see what we have going on that weekend. I could use all the help I can get as BF and his son aren't giving me much help in the planning department, and it's been 12 years since the last time I went.

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum, just signed up tonight. We're in Brandon. We were scheduled to leave tomorrow for Disney, but decided to reschedule based on Ike. I wonder if they're having a lot of cancellations due to the weather next week? We're sooo disappointed, but have rescheduled for mid October, so at least we still have the trip to look forward to!!

Was a time ever decided on for the meeting on the 27th? I thought there was, but now can't find it. Help! I don't want to be late to the meeting.

:) Hello we are meeting from 6-7 p.m. 9/27/08 at Mc Allister's restaurant in Ocean Springs, MS on Hwy 90. See everyone there. If you are planning on coming please PM me so I can get a final count. Thanks for everyone's participation. Bring your spreadsheets, pics, dining reviews, etc.:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter