I'm Fluent in Disney Spanish- May 2016 TR *updated 11/16*-COMPLETE

We got the Land-Harvested Field Greens with Apples, Dried Blueberries, Stilton Cheese, and Apple Cider Vinaigrette, the Pear Cider-Brined Shredded Corn Beef with Braised Cabbage and Pears and Branston Dressing, and beer flight.
That all sounds really good!

It was funny though because the couple who got their picture taken in front us did the normal pose, then the guy says now kiss. The women says no very forcefully, which I found odd and the guy just did not get it. He said, you’re in France, it's romantic give him a kiss, and she says no even more forcefully. It was pretty awkward to watch, and the guy she was with just stood there, it was very strange, but also kind of funny.
:rotfl: Awkward.

Love the time just enjoying World Showcase.

It sounds like a fun time exploring the World Showcase! We did a little better this time, but we usually seem to skim around the outside of each country too. It looks like you guys did a great job taking it all in!

I want to see all of the WS movies. We've never seen ANY of them because, as you know, they are just not kid friendly. Glad you got a chance to see one and enjoyed it!

Love the picture of the bridge! But that does sound very awkward...why take a picture together but draw the line at a kiss? Unless it was a first/early type of situation? Weird!

Excited to read more about your WS adventures!
I really liked all of the movies, not something I feel the need to do again but you should definitely try and fit then in in October.

I like exploring the countries as much as I can but I'll be honest and say I've never stayed and watched the Canada movie. I do like Martin short so I probably should watch it once.

I don't like corned beef either but the food does look good.

You guys got some great photos with topiaries and with Photopass around world showcase!
Thanks, I think the movie is definitely made batter with Martin Short, but interesting all the same.

So many lovely World Showcase photos! Sounds like you were having a great time walking around and exploring.
Thank you

That all sounds really good!

:rotfl: Awkward.

Love the time just enjoying World Showcase.
Me too, it was so nice to relax and enjoy.

Ok so I have been a VERY bad Diser, I haven't even been on the boards in almost a month :blush:. On top of it being a crazy summer so far, I just haven't felt like talking about our trip with all the tragedy the last few weeks. We did just get back from a week in Seattle which was amazing and now I only have three weeks until we're off again to spend the week in Texas with my parents. In Disney trip planning news, I got our tickets and FPs all squared away for September and that trip is 58 days away :cheer2:. Also, 2017 packages came out a few weeks ago and while they were what I expected, I wasn't ready to drop $2590 for an AKL standard view room. Thankfully DVC, still had rooms available and I booked a studio Savannah room view for $1428. That's a $1162 saving for a better room view and the only big difference is that we won't get mouskeeping everyday. So we are officially booked which is so exiting. Southwest opens their booking on Thursday, so I am holding out to see if they have a better schedule that American and Delta do flying out of Grand Rapids. Then I can start planning ADR, which I have to book at the end of the month. Thanks for letting me share my excitement for our future trips, since I am not doing a PTR, I don't have another way to "vent" about it. Now we can finally get back to this TR. This will be one MEGA update to finish off the afternoon in Epcot, but it will be very picture heavy and light on the writing :thumbsup2.

Day 2: Part 3
You want more food??

In France, we stopped at the next kiosk for some more treats.

We got the tarte a l'Onion Alsacienne, Onion Tart with Sauteed Onions, Fresh Thyme, and Rosemary on a Flaky Puff Pastry Crust, Macaron Chocolat Framboise, Large Raspberry Macaron with Chocolate Fudge and Raspberry Jam and La Vie en Rose Frozen Slushy, Grey Goose Orange Vodka, St. Germain Liqueur, White and Red Cranberry Juice.

The onion tart kind of tasted like the pastry version of French onion soup, the macaroon was just okay, and the slush was good but very sweet.

We wanted to see Impressions De France and guess what... we had just missed it again:mad:. Seriously, what is up with our timing? We just decided to wander around and check out the pavilion while we waited.

I loved that this movie had seating, we definitely needed the break at this point in the day. I think Joe fell asleep. This man I swear, he falls asleep everywhere, doing anything:confused3.

After the movie we came across the next outdoor kitchen.

I was feeling satisfied and not full and nothing here really caught our eye, so Joe just got the Key Lime sparkling wine. I don’t remember much about it except that I hated it, Joe had the whole thing :drinking1.

We wandered over to Morocco, and I just fell in love immediately. This was by far my favorite country to explore and take pictures of, so get ready for picture overload.

Continued Next

We also stopped at Taste of Marrakesh.

We got the same thing as last year, Harissa Chicken Kebab Served with Sweet Couscous Salad.

Joe ate the chicken, I ate the couscous, it was good but nothing overly amazing. At this point I was absolutely stuffed, but then we came upon Japan. Joe was feeling like he wanted more food:faint:.

We had the frushi and Beef Teriyaki Udon, Thin-sliced Beef, Onions, and Noodles Tossed on the Grill with Soy and Ginger. I had a bite of the frushi, because hello its amazing, and one bite of the of the udon. It was good, but had a lot of ginger and I hate ginger so one bite was enough for me, but this was by far Joe’s favorite thing.

At this point it was 1:45 and we were both kind of cranky and ready to lay down. I think the severe lack of sleep was getting to us and we needed a break. The plan was no break this day, but that plan went out the window. We thought about taking the boat back to Future World and headed toward Morroco.

I bet you’ll never guess what happened…the boat stopped letting people on the minute we walked up:rolleyes2. Tired of waiting for things we just decided to walk back to Future World and good thing we did, when we were getting to the boat dock area, the boat was just pulling up. We would have waited a long time and I always feel it’s better to keeping moving rather than just stand around and wait for someone or something else to do the moving for you. When we got back to Future World we got a few more pictures.

Also our final FP was active for Spaceship Earth, so we decided to ride.

I love this guy, why are his legs so skinny:confused3

She's my favorite :lovestruc

The picture thing didn’t work for us, which was kind of a bummer. After, SE we were ready to take a quick nap and try and get some good attitudes going for the night time activities.

Last edited:
Love all the pictures! Sounds like you guys had a nice time finishing up WS. Don't blame you for needing a nap though!

Thanks for the update! I love exploring WS childless! I feel like we just rush through when they are with us! I hope you got some rest and have a great night coming up!

It seems like you guys had a great time really exploring the pavilions! I'm sure it was nice to take your time and really look at everything!

That is a ton of food! It's so hard to not want to try everything since it sounds so good!

I never noticed that guys legs before on SSE! I'll have to look next time.

A break sounds like just the right thing!

I am all caught up now, and I am loving your TR! You managed to do a lot on your first day so understandably you were tired the next day! Sometimes I feel like it's hard for Disney to keep up with expectations, especially when they keep raising prices. I just focus on all the magical moments and it usually outweighs the bad (like the end of day commuting after a long day at MK). I'm sure you can't wait until your next trip with the kids!
I love your Epcot day and all the food you guys ate. We ate some of the same things too! Also I never go on Mission Space Orange anymore ever since I felt really ill the first time I rode it. It's green all the way for me!
Hope you guys are able to get some rest before the 2nd half of your day!

Just found your report and I love it! You and your hubby are so adorable together! Y'all have managed to get a lot done in just 2 days, especially your first day. I hate that you had a bad feeling on your second day. I can totally understand that. I will never go on MS Orange side; green side is enough for me. You are braver than I am LOL.

I am in love with the shirts you and your husband are wearing in your first picture. The ones that say True Love with the Bride and the headless groom/husband. Can I ask if you made those yourself?

Love all the pictures! Sounds like you guys had a nice time finishing up WS. Don't blame you for needing a nap though!

Thanks! The nap was much needed and we LOVED it ;)

Thanks for the update! I love exploring WS childless! I feel like we just rush through when they are with us! I hope you got some rest and have a great night coming up!

It was so fun and I enjoyed seeing a different side of WS especially since for at least the foreseeable future my kids wouldn't be interested in doing that stuff.

It seems like you guys had a great time really exploring the pavilions! I'm sure it was nice to take your time and really look at everything!
It was so nice, I'm glad we were able to do it at least once.

That is a ton of food! It's so hard to not want to try everything since it sounds so good!
I was really hard, but by splitting it up over several days we did one thing from every outdoor kitchen by the end.

I never noticed that guys legs before on SSE! I'll have to look next time.
You'll never be able to unsee it once you do :rotfl2:

A break sounds like just the right thing!
It was so needed

I am all caught up now, and I am loving your TR! You managed to do a lot on your first day so understandably you were tired the next day! Sometimes I feel like it's hard for Disney to keep up with expectations, especially when they keep raising prices. I just focus on all the magical moments and it usually outweighs the bad (like the end of day commuting after a long day at MK). I'm sure you can't wait until your next trip with the kids!
I love your Epcot day and all the food you guys ate. We ate some of the same things too! Also I never go on Mission Space Orange anymore ever since I felt really ill the first time I rode it. It's green all the way for me!
Hope you guys are able to get some rest before the 2nd half of your day!
So far Disney has been well worth the money, but I was reading the boards daily before the trip and some of the negative attitudes on some threads I let get to me. Thankfully, IRL Disney does meet my expectations, but the increases and cuts do make it seem bad before you actually get there. We had an amazing time exploring the WS and I am glad we did it because just planning our next trip I don't foresee a ton of WS time outside of Frozen :rolleyes2

Just found your report and I love it! You and your hubby are so adorable together! Y'all have managed to get a lot done in just 2 days, especially your first day. I hate that you had a bad feeling on your second day. I can totally understand that. I will never go on MS Orange side; green side is enough for me. You are braver than I am LOL.

I am in love with the shirts you and your husband are wearing in your first picture. The ones that say True Love with the Bride and the headless groom/husband. Can I ask if you made those yourself?

Thanks for joining :wave2:. We were pretty much nonstop the entire trip, but I prefer it that way, I like to do as much as possible. I didn't think it was that bad, but I have never had an issue with rides, Joe on the other hand :faint:. Thanks, I just happened upon these shirts when I was browsing Etsy one day. I would be happy to give you the shop name if you PM me, I don't want to get in trouble from promoting in the thread :thumbsup2

Ok so I have been a VERY bad Diser, I haven't even been on the boards in almost a month :blush:. On top of it being a crazy summer so far, I just haven't felt like talking about our trip with all the tragedy the last few weeks.
Totally understandable. Glad to see you back, though. :goodvibes

In Disney trip planning news, I got our tickets and FPs all squared away for September and that trip is 58 days away :cheer2:. Also, 2017 packages came out a few weeks ago and while they were what I expected, I wasn't ready to drop $2590 for an AKL standard view room. Thankfully DVC, still had rooms available and I booked a studio Savannah room view for $1428. That's a $1162 saving for a better room view and the only big difference is that we won't get mouskeeping everyday. So we are officially booked which is so exiting.
Yay, I can't believe how soon it's coming up! Great job on the room savings and view upgrade! :thumbsup2

I can relate to the stuffed and exhausted feeling in Epcot. Glad you were able to get out and take a nap. Hope you are re-energized for the second part of your day!

Totally understandable. Glad to see you back, though. :goodvibes
Thanks

Yay, I can't believe how soon it's coming up! Great job on the room savings and view upgrade! :thumbsup2
I know super crazy

I can relate to the stuffed and exhausted feeling in Epcot. Glad you were able to get out and take a nap. Hope you are re-energized for the second part of your day!
The nap definitely helped :thumbsup2

Day 2: Part 3
Cousin has brought us too much food

We were able to take about an hour nap and it really helped put us in better moods. We still weren’t 100% ourselves yet, but this was a step in the right direction. And you know what makes everyone happier…drinks. So we drove over to the Poly to do just that.

I was very excited to try Trader Sams and we had an hour before our dinner ADR, so that’s where we went.

I really only cared about the souvenier glasses and was having a hard time deciding what to get. I went with the Hippopotomai-tai and Joe got the Krakatoa Punch.

This place was fantastic. Pretty much every drink triggers the bar and servers to do something. I don’t remember what they did for my drink, but for Joe’s the room went red and the volcano pictures erupted. It was very awesome. Our server was great and funny. It is pricey, I don’t remember how much but expensive for sure. However, they do not skimp on the alcohol. Not being a big drinkers, I don’t like to taste my alcohol and these were both VERY alcoholic, so I kind of had to force myself to drink it all. Our server came around again to see if we wanted another and there was no way I was about to do that to myself again:sad2:. Even though I wasn’t a fan of the drinks, this place gets an A+ from both of us. The theming and atmosphere is next level good and I would be willing to try other drinks and of course get more souvenir glasses. The only think I would say is that I personally wouldn’t bring my kids there. To me it is a straight up bar and Disney or not, not really a place my children belong. Also, its SUPER tiny, I had heard that, but pretty much avoided any “press” about it because I wanted to experience it myself and seriously I counted and it had if I recall correctly 10 tables that sat around 4 people, a long high top table which sat probably 8 and then the bar. People were walking in at 4:30 and having to walk out because there was no place to sit, so go early. And that is item 7 off the must dos:teeth:.

We walked around a bit and checked out the store there.

I thought this guy was so funny, outside peeking in.

Even though we had about 15 minutes until our dinner reservation, we decided to check in. There were no places to sit other than the bar, so you know what the non-drinkers did? Yeah, we sat at the bar and got another round of drinkso_O.

I got the backscratcher.

This was much better, still very alcoholic but much tastier. Joe got the Habanero Lime margarita.

Omg this was a weird drink. At first it just tastes like a normal margarita and the after taste is a fiery burning of your mouth:eek:. Joe drank it so I guess he thought it was okay.

We didn’t have to wait too long until we were brought to our table. We got a nice two top off to the side, but we could still see the castle.

For those of you who haven’t had the divine pleasure of eating in this fine establishment, I’ll give you the rundown. You get a pineapple coconut bread. Honestly my least favorite part of the meal and that’s saying something because the bread is sweet, soft and delicious. I didn’t get any pictures because we were too busy eating. Then our server came over and this guy was awesome. His name was Brett, so if you ever get him, you’ve got a good one. He was sassy and fun, but still very good at his job. He was cracking us up, but I should also mention about this time, with the lack of food and two very strong drinks within less than an hour we were feeling a little bit of a buzz, so maybe his jokes weren’t that funny:rotfl2:. But he was a great server. Next, come the salad with I want to say some kind of passion fruit dressing. This was crazy good. I don’t remember too much about it from last time, but Joe and I were just raving about it. Remember everything we remember about this dinner take with a grain of salt, the drinks remember:confused3. Then comes the pork potstickers (my favorite thing) and Honey-Coriander Chicken Wings. They also give you dipping sauces which are great as well Peanut and Sweet-n-Sour Sauces. I am getting very sad and hungry thinking about this dinner. They also give you stir fry noodles and veggies and last is the meat; steak, chicken, and shrimp. I could do without the meat honestly, everything else is just too good. Joe likes the meat though. At some point I had run out of my drink and Brett kept trying to ply me with more alcohol. I told him we were supposed to go to Hollywood Studios that night so more liquor was probably a bad idea. Plus after this much food, our little buzz was wearing off and I thought that was for the best.

Finally the best dessert in all of WDW, the bread pudding.

So good, I have no other words. If you haven’t been to Ohana, go there now. Seriously just buy a plane ticket and go there, I would totally go to WDW just for some Ohana::yes::. I finally used my tables in wonderland discount for our food. I had forgotten it for breakfast at Pop and at the Tambu Lounge. Brett made sure to tease me about that, but I did get it on this. TiW automatically adds an 18% tip to the bill, but I threw some extra money on he was so good and deserved more than that.

Now fully sober and bullies bursting at the seam, it was time to head to DHS.

Last edited:
I'm glad you guys enjoyed your time at Trader Sam's, it really looks like a unique place! You guys were definitely in vacation mode enjoying some drinks ;)

I absolutely love Ohana- so much good food!

I've not been commenting much recently, but I've been reading along. Your evening at the Poly looks really nice. I didn't really say much in my TR, but I can kind of relate. I enjoy a good drink every once in a while, but I don't drink all that often anymore. When I went to Jock Lindsey's and tried 2 drinks, all that sugar and alcohol started to get my stomach a little bit upset. Thankfully I ate and had some water to help balance things out. I clearly didn't get to try Trader Sam's but it sounds like Disney, in general, certainly doesn't skimp on the signature drinks.

What a fun night! We loved the atmosphere at Trader Sam's, but my drink was also not that good! I hope to find a better one next time we go. And I agree- there were a couple families with kids in there, and even though we (all adults) went before dinner, I did not really think it was a place for kids!
We go back in March and my sister's only request was for dinner at O'hana!

It's amazing what a nap can do for one's spirit! Sounds like a great evening! We too enjoyed 'Ohana last trip! So much delicious food!!!

I'm glad you guys enjoyed your time at Trader Sam's, it really looks like a unique place! You guys were definitely in vacation mode enjoying some drinks ;)

I absolutely love Ohana- so much good food!

It was unique and so fun. Ohana is our favorite, but yeah almost too much food.

I've not been commenting much recently, but I've been reading along. It's okay I don't have half as much going on as you do and I don't have the time to comment. Btw, your baby boy is so precious, I have been following along and I am glad to see he is doing well, love the pictures :lovestruc.

Your evening at the Poly looks really nice. I didn't really say much in my TR, but I can kind of relate. I enjoy a good drink every once in a while, but I don't drink all that often anymore. When I went to Jock Lindsey's and tried 2 drinks, all that sugar and alcohol started to get my stomach a little bit upset. Thankfully I ate and had some water to help balance things out. I clearly didn't get to try Trader Sam's but it sounds like Disney, in general, certainly doesn't skimp on the signature drinks.
The eating definitely helped, but yeah for that price I hope they don't skip on the alcohol, it's just a lot for us. I hope you get there on your next trip I know you would as appreciate it and and enjoy it.

What a fun night! We loved the atmosphere at Trader Sam's, but my drink was also not that good! I hope to find a better one next time we go. And I agree- there were a couple families with kids in there, and even though we (all adults) went before dinner, I did not really think it was a place for kids!
We go back in March and my sister's only request was for dinner at O'hana!

Yeah, I am going to try another one hopefully in Sept, so I will report back to see if there are better ones. I didn't see any kids and wouldn't have cared if there were, just not a place I would go with mine because one they wouldn't enjoy a bar and two they don't need to be taking up space that paying adults could have :confused3. Your sister sounds smart. I was thrilled when I snagged one for Sept at two months out

It's amazing what a nap can do for one's spirit! Sounds like a great evening! We too enjoyed 'Ohana last trip! So much delicious food!!!

Definitely, we needed to enjoy the naps while we could take them. Ohana is definitely a must do for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter