If you were going to do 2 QS in MK

MischaOz

DIS Veteran
If you were going to eat 1 QS lunch at MK, where would it be, and why?

Believe it or not, we have never eaten a meal at a park restaurant! ADRs are not a priority for us, as we prefer to spend the money elsewhere and do not like being tied down to a reservation time. I generally pack our lunch and then we eat dinner after our break before coming back in the evening.

The point of this post is that on our last day we like to go to MK I'm the morning before hitting the road to drive home. I'd like to avoid packing a lunch on that day, so I would love to hear your recommendations. Thank you!!

"BE OUR GUEST" If you can get a reservation. Foods pretty good, but the atmosphere is outstanding!

Love Pecos Bill and Cosmic Rays. Nice variety and foods we like. I am really looking forward to trying Harbor House. Browse the menus to see what you would like. :teeth:

Be Our Guest, but that does mean making a reservation for a specific time. But that is hands down the best QS in MK!

If you'd rather not do that, then Columbia Harbor House. Some very different choices there.

We also discovered Pinocchio Village Haus on our last trip! Got a Caprese flat bread that was delicious. Everyone enjoyed their meal there and you can look over Small World while you eat! Definitely going to be on our go-to list for the future. I don't hear a lot of talk of it and had never really thought of it before, but glad we gave it a shot.

Unlike PPs, Cosmic Rays is the one place I would avoid AT ALL COSTS! Last year, my family basically through out four full meals because they were totally inedible. Staff can't keep up to keep the place clean. It's loud, chaotic. I know it gets a lot of love on here, but not from us! Yes, the portions are large, but who cares if you can't eat any of it???

Pinocchio's, Pecos Bills, or on the rare occasions it's open: Tortuga Tavern. If Cosmic Rays still has the same setup/with different food stations then no way. I have kids who have very different tastes in food, and the last time we were there, I had to stand in 2 separate lines to order different foods.

I liked the chicken at Cosmic Rays, but that was years ago. I didn't eat anything that was good on my last visit.

As a former cm at Pecos, (I was a cm there, then later I moved to GMR! Boy was I glad to transfer!) I would not recommend it. It's so crowded, the food is not interesting enough, it's just a madhouse almost all the time. They have made some improvements, but not enough, imho, to justify dining there. Trust me)

I love Columbia Harbor house. They have good clam chowder, lobster rolls, salmon and other non-theme park offerings. While I used to enjoy their fish&chips, I think they have declined in quality lately. But everything else is really good. Plus, you can dine upstairs in a more quiet area. I love it there - you get to people watch from the upstairs area and the decor is really great.

Be Our Guest for the atmosphere & lunch menu, especially if you've never been there before. Columbia Harbor House is a very close second. I just love the Fried Shrimp and the Clam Chowder there.

We love Cosmic Ray's and Peco's Bills, although I think I read on here that PB doesn't have a toppings bar anymore.
We also LOVE Columbia Harbor House. It is definitely NOT theme park food. And if you are there in less busy times it is a true respite to carry your tray to the upper floor and seriously take your time while you eat.
We have never cared for Pinnochio's.

I've never tried BOG (can't get an ADR for upcoming trip), but my family and I loved Columbia Harbor House. Go upstairs for more (quiet) seating.

Another vote for BOG followed by Columbia Harbor House. Definitely sit upstairs and people watch at CHH.

I have never had a bad meal at Columbia harbour house. Love the salmon and there are plenty of different options if you like seafood.

My absolute fave is Columbia Harbor House..but it's seafood so may not satisfy everyone in the fam. For more general fare, my vote is for Cosmic Ray's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter