If you take your laptop with you,

do you leave it in the room or in your vehicle? And why? Or do you just leave it at home?

I am debating taking my laptop with me. I have taken it to different place on vacation before, and always leave it in the vehicle out of sight. Now, I am not so sure since we will be away from the vehicle for several hours.

The main reason I want it is to be able to download my pics and video each day in case I run out of space on the memory card/camcorder.

Should I just leave it at home? What would you do?

I am bringing mine and leaving it locked up in the room. I wold not leave it in the car. The temperatures in the car will be too extreme and you might ruin it.

do you leave it in the room or in your vehicle? And why? Or do you just leave it at home?

I am debating taking my laptop with me. I have taken it to different place on vacation before, and always leave it in the vehicle out of sight. Now, I am not so sure since we will be away from the vehicle for several hours.

The main reason I want it is to be able to download my pics and video each day in case I run out of space on the memory card/camcorder.

Should I just leave it at home? What would you do?

We took ours! The safe at SSR fit our laptop (on its side). I think all WDW resort rooms have safes, I am not sure if they are all universal in size however. I would suggest calling your resort to ask for the in-room safe dimensions!

We always take ours and usually just zip it up in the suitcase in the closet :confused3

I would not leave a laptop in the trunk of a hot car. I would invest in a laptop cable. One end goes in a special slot on the laptop the other end has a loop that you wrap the cable through and then around a support on a table or bed frame. That way no one could walk off with the laptop. They cost about $20.00

that's what I did in October - I liked having my laptop with me, not only to download pictures, but to check e-mail and surf the internet in my down time ;) I also edited pics on the flight home.

Yeah, I get it about not putting it in a hot car, but we will be there next week, so I don't hink it will get that hot. Plus, I wouldn't put it in the trunk, but without giving out too much info. about my car, it would be out of sight. I know about keeping equipment safe from temperature, etc. because I have a background in video and am particularly anal about my cameras. I have even had to sigh a couple of times when officers who needed pictures of wreck scenes had to use my pictures (I am a sometimes reporter) because their pictures did not turn out. I ask, where do you keep the camera? Their reply,"In the glove compartment." In the south, in July. :confused3

I saw some posts where others mentioned having their laptops with them, and I just wondered what they did. I have been a little too trusting at times, too, but I have left mine in a suitcase at night after housekeeping has been around. We don't store financial info. on the laptop, we use our desktop for most of that.

I also wanted it with me for blogging, but maybe I will just use the old-fashioned pen and paper. Anyone remember how to do that? :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter