If you like a pint of cider......

stevechase

WDW 2012
Hi all

This has absolutely nothing at all to do with Walt Disney or holidays, but its something I found out yesterday and I was very very surprised.

Yesterday I visitied Bulmers Cider in Hereford, they make Strongbow and Foster Lager (Oh come on, did you really think it came from Oz?)

Anyway, I got asking a few questions like how many pints a year do you make, answer= 3500 million litres a year! Where in Gods name do they get that many apples from?

But the big shocker was when I asked how much they pass it on for. They make it, then it goes to Scottish and Newcastle who distribute it to Sainsburys, Asda, bars, shops etc..

The brewery, sell 100 litres (1 Hectalitre), fully packaged in either cans or plastic bottles, labels on, boxed, ready to go straight on to the shelves. Ready for this? for £4.50, that works out to 2.5p per can from the brewery!

And that, apparently is better that bitter where there is even less of a mark up.

The £4.50 is actually a loss, its costs them approx £5.00 to make, but due to the massive amount of money it generates from the distributers onwards, they can stand the loss and are kept going due to the supply and demand.

So there you go, next time you buy a pint of Strogbow think on!

Steve

Oh wow! DH loves a pint or three of Strongbow! I will have to show him this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter