If you have gotten a guest assistance pass in the past, do they keep this info on file?

Childs1stTime2Disney

*A dream is a wish your heart makes*
I have gotten the Guest assistance card in the past (not sure what it's called now), and wondering when I go coming up, do they have it in a computer somewhere that I have been provided with this previously? Do I need to bring a doctor's note, etc?

The old program was called Guest Assistance Card (also called GAC); that was discontinued in October of 2013.
If your visit when you used Disability Services was before October 2013, you would have used the Guest Assistance Card. There was not a record of those, so there is nothing in the computer that tells who used that system.

The new system - Disability Access Service (also called DAS) - replaced the old system on October 9, 2013. If your visit was late in 2013 or early in 2014 and have not visited since, you may be in the computer. If you visited after March or April of 2014, you should be in the computer.
Because DAS is very different than GAC, not all guests who used GAC are eligible for DAS. The assistance given by DAS is being able to wait outside of the traditional line.
If it’s your first time requesting DAS, be prepared to (briefly, but clearly) explain your needs related to your disability that make waiting in the regular line an issue for you.

Guests DON’T need a note/letter from their doctor to request DAS and in most cases, the CM will refuse to look at a letter if you have one.
This thread tells more about DAS - just read the first page, which is kept up to date. The rest of the thread was rumors and information from when DAS was first introduced: https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...15-digital-das-on-tickets-magicbands.3178976/

I have gotten the Guest assistance card in the past (not sure what it's called now), and wondering when I go coming up, do they have it in a computer somewhere that I have been provided with this previously? Do I need to bring a doctor's note, etc?
if you have had a DAS in the past most of the time all you need to do is ask to renew it. Sometimes the CM will want to hear why you need one. ( I have no Idea why sometimes you are asked again) but just say your needs in line and you should be good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter