IF i can only do 3 of 4 parks at WDW what one to skip

Definitely depends on your party and likes. We did 3 days last fall (4 of us, boys 6 and 9) and skipped DHS. With TSL, it makes it a bit harder. It's still only a half day park at best, but it also has the newest, shiniest toys. If you are coming back after SW:GE opens, I'd still skip DHS. If not, we'd probably skip AK.

And how things have changed - prior to kids, MK would have been our skip. Yes, MK. I had multiple trips as an adult where MK was our half day park. With kids, that is obviously not the case any more, but it really is doable as a half day if you just get the highlights.

We wouldn't put ourselves in this position. We'd get Hoppers if that was the case and do MK after HS one late night.

Yep I agree with this. Each park has its strengths and I could not even think of going to WDW and skipping one of the parks. So its my recommendation to get the PH and visit all of them its well worth it.

Even with park hoppers, the last time I was there, I only did three parks. It was too much wasted time on a short trip to try and fit in 4.

edit - We only had 2.5 park days though.

Last edited:
I'm with the Park Hopper crowd. But if I was going right now and had to skip one park, it would be - believe it or not - MK.

I really want to do TSL and Pandora (both new since my last trip), so DHS and AK would be my top priorities. (And I actually like both parks already.) Epcot has so much good food, and I like it as a hang-out park. A trip without Tangierine Cafe or Via Napoli or Les Halles? Ouch! MK always seems so busy, and there's nothing new to me there that I'm just dying to do, so if I have to drop a park - sorry MK.

September trip...we are skipping AK. o_O While I really enjoy it, & FOP was amazing....if I have to skip 1 park in the sept heat, its animal kingdom.

September trip...we are skipping AK. o_O While I really enjoy it, & FOP was amazing....if I have to skip 1 park in the sept heat, its animal kingdom.
+1. Besides you can always find more things to do to spend time at MK & Epcot. :earsboy:

Last edited:

All depends on what YOU ALL like to do and what you are interested in.

I always go to MK, and shorter trips I might skip a park. Last trip was 3 days and plan was to skip Epcot. I ended up hopping there just for Illuminations. Trip before that was longer but we opted for two MK days and skipping AK. But again we go often.

We're skipping HS in 2 weeks. There are so many shows that we've done many times and have no desire to see them again. And Toy Story Land just doesn't look that exciting to bring us back.

Like a lot of others have said, it depends on your group.
If you like rides, skip Studios.
If you don't like animals, skip Animal Kingdom.
If you don't like slow rides, skip Magic Kingdom.
If you don't want a leisurely walk "around the world" for shopping and eating, skip EPCOT.

There are exceptions, sure. Tower of Terror, Rockin' Roller Coaster and Slinky Dog Dash are at Studios, and some people love those rides. Animal Kingdom has some fun rides. Magic Kingdom has the Mountains.

But in general, that's my two cents.

what 3 would you do and why?
Hands down, AK. We've just never had a huge interest in the park and it's only 1/2 day park for us. We've even started only going every other year to AK to add an extra day to one of the other parks every other year.

I just can't imagine ever skipping any of the other parks, I'd feel pretty bummed, but I don't mind with AK.

Eta: I like animals and we're members to our local zoo and go often, but I don't really go to Disney/AK for the animals, as we go here often, so that part is kind of out of the equation for us.

I would skip HS. With the new FP tiering you will really only get to ride one of the Toy Story rides without a huge wait, and besides Star Tours and Fantasmic! there is nothing else we are interested in the park (seen the other shows, once was enough, all of them are in major need of an update IMO, and we are not huge on feeling our guts turned inside out so ToT and RnR have little appeal).

MK is a must - it is quintessential disney.
Epcot is actually our favorite park. The World showcase is very beautiful, the dining is fantastic, lots of great character interactions, and I love FEA and Soarin.
AK used to be a pass for us, but Pandora is really a must-see. I don't feel the same way about TSL because I feel like they phoned it in a little on the imagineering, but might feel differently if I was a huge fan of the movies. I do think HS would be a must-do once Galaxy's Edge opens though, since that seems to be Pandora-like in terms of the immersive quality that I like so much about Disney.

I would for sure skip DHS, even with the new TSL. Especially since they closed the GMR, that was my favorite ride there. Only go now because my kids love ToT and RnR. This is the only park we only spend one day at during our 2 week trips.

I'm really surprised at the number of people skipping Studios.

For me AK is an obvious skip. I really don't care for the park, the Avatar rides, while cool, are not that cool and can be stressful to get passes for. Can't even rope drop them easily. The park always feels muggy and uncomfortable too, and none of the rides feel Disney tier to me. They're fun, I like them, but every single one of them (aside, maybe from FoP) feels like it's a Six Flags level ride. Which is fine, I still enjoy them, but they're easily the first cut. The restaurants, while very good, aren't enough to carry the park on their own. I have an 8 day trip (my third trip of the year no less) coming up in November and AK gets exactly one morning to tick off those rides for completeness. Assuming we get FastPasses appropriately, we will rope drop it to hit EE, CTX and Safari (it does interest my girlfriend), with FoP pass wherever we wedge it in and then we'll go. Even that we are seriously considering not doing if only to book the 3 at another park with more value. Did the same thing on the last trip and the trip before that we did skip AK.

Sorry to be long winded but I really dislike that park!

Matt

We're skipping HS in 2 weeks. There are so many shows that we've done many times and have no desire to see them again.

This is a key point - and I did not see how often they have visited. If someone has not seen all the shows, then HS is a long, full day park. If like above (and us) that we skip Indiana, B&TB, and maybe even Mermaid, then it really does slim down. The full on park is really only missing Great Movie, Backlot Tour (nothing big) and Lights, Motor, Action. Now ToyStory is added, which seems to make up for the tour and LMA for sure. Still missing the GMR though

Honestly, I usually skip Epcot. In fact, I did on my last trip. I love Epcot, but I don't usually drink at Disney except maybe once or twice with dinner and I live in a big city with access to food from all over the world. There aren't many actual "rides" there.

I also would skip Epcot. Disney Springs has a large variety of quality dining options, and I agree about the lack of rides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter