Iceland is absolutely amazing.

One thing I forgot to mention in my review was how much my 11 year old loved this cruise. He did not complain once or whine to go back to the ship. He hates beaches, sand and hot weather. The Caribbean has never been a good fit for him nor was Hawaii. It was a wonderful surprise to see him so engaged in the trip. He especially loved London he replaced his mine craft screen saver with a picture of Big Ben. I can't wait to take him back to Europe. He also wants to visit New York and DC. I feel like I discovered a whole new side to this kid.

It sounds like an absolutely stunning cruise, Iceland is definitely on our bucket list! Thank you for the review!

I see no need to book anything through dcl on this cruise. We walked to the funicular and got right on.. The walk down was fun.

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate your advice. I am leaning towards doing Bergen on our own too.
I have another question. When you took the public bus in Kirkwall, did you book that ahead of time or did you just get off the ship and paid then? Just trying to figure out how that worked. I have been to Kirkwall. When I was there before,I just walked around the town with no excursion and have no interest in just seeing the town again. So this time I booked a tour through Disney.

Don't expect shampoo or conditioner without asking.

Do you mean replacement containers when the first ones are empty or near empty, or that they didn't provide those items even initially when you boarded?

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate your advice. I am leaning towards doing Bergen on our own too.
I have another question. When you took the public bus in Kirkwall, did you book that ahead of time or did you just get off the ship and paid then? Just trying to figure out how that worked. I have been to Kirkwall. When I was there before,I just walked around the town with no excursion and have no interest in just seeing the town again. So this time I booked a tour through Disney.
Dcl provides a shuttle to town. It drops you at the bus office.. Ticket office opens at 930. Busses leaves at 10.00. They only take cash. I had to run to a atm. If you can buy them online I would it saves you standing in line. It's stage coach bus tours. It was very easy free shuttle to bus office runs every 15 minutes or so. It's 5 minutes to town.

Last edited:
Do you mean replacement containers when the first ones are empty or near empty, or that they didn't provide those items even initially when you boarded?
Replacements. Even putting the empties on the sink didn't work they still don't get the hint. I always have to ask. The used to replace daily whether you needed them or not.

Dcl provides a shuttle to town. It drops you at the bus office.. Ticket office opens at 930. Busses leaves at 10.00. They only take cash. I had to run to a atm. If you can buy them online I would it saves you standing in line. It's stage coach bus tours. It was very easy free shuttle to bus office runs every 15 minutes or so. It's 5 minutes to town.

Thanks for the info. I will look into doing this.

We were on this cruise too. We had a wonderful time and fit a lot into those ports. I agree that you can save a lot by not doing DCL tours. However, some of the things I wanted to see were packaged best by DCL. I am posting a day-by-day report on my blog.

Great review! We were on this cruise last summer and it was our favorite one to date. I agree it's all about the ports. We didn't do a lot of stuff on board the ship other than a few movies and shows, but we spent as much time possible on shore at each destination. Iceland was our favorite as well, followed closely by Kirkwall. We would love to just fly to Iceland and spend a week or two, and really hope to do that some day. We went the super jeep tour route there (definitely book outside of Disney - you'll save a lot of money and see way more things) and had three amazing days.

Thanks for posting. It's such fun reliving that cruise through the lucky folks taking it this summer. Though it honestly ruined us for taking any more Caribbean cruises. They just can't compare. I guess I'm like your son!

Great review! We were on this cruise last summer and it was our favorite one to date. I agree it's all about the ports. We didn't do a lot of stuff on board the ship other than a few movies and shows, but we spent as much time possible on shore at each destination. Iceland was our favorite as well, followed closely by Kirkwall. We would love to just fly to Iceland and spend a week or two, and really hope to do that some day. We went the super jeep tour route there (definitely book outside of Disney - you'll save a lot of money and see way more things) and had three amazing days.

Thanks for posting. It's such fun reliving that cruise through the lucky folks taking it this summer. Though it honestly ruined us for taking any more Caribbean cruises. They just can't compare. I guess I'm like your son!
I wish there were more options in the offseason other than the carribean. I agree the caribbean just doesnt compare.

Thanks for the reviews everyone... We just got off the Alaska cruise on the wonder and it was amazing... Amazing enough for us to turn around and book the 11 night Norway/Iceland cruise June 28 2017....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter