I started my TR ~ A Wish Come True ~ August/September 2009 Pre-Trip Report

nu2wdisneyw

Mouseketeer
Hello All!
This is my first pre-trip report so hang in there with me. First all let me start by introducing myself and explain how this trip all came about! I'm Stephanie and working mother of two beautiful boys DS(10) and DS(4). And a wife to my DH. We have been married for 5 1/2 years, however we are HS sweethearts so we have been datong since 1996. Secretly we (DH and I) love all things Disney!! SHHH ~ he doesn't want anyone to know!!! LOL!! But I am sure you all will appreciate that. My children LOVE Disney and their TV's stay on the Disney channel ALL DAY long!!! Therefore I felt it was only right to plan a trip to "The World".

Now, my oldest son has been to Magic Kingdom before...back in 2004 we were passing through Orlando going to visit family in Bradenton and we decide to spend a day in Magic Kingdom. As you all know a day just doesn't cut it in Disney. We barely even got our feet wet and it was time to GO!!!! :sad2: Well now that my youngest son will be 5 when we decide to go think that it is a perfect age for him to experience the magic. BTW ~ he has been on a Disney kick for like a month, asking "Can we go to Disney tomorrow?" :laughing:
I started to plan a trip last year during the "free dining" promotion, however I had to cancel because of unexpected financial difficulties!! :confused3 Well now I am at it again!! This time I am letting nothing get in the way. Our tentative dates are 8/30-9/6, we are praying for "free dining" again!!! I have not booked anything yet, but we are looking at either CBR (pirate: room) or Windor Hills StoryTime townhomes. Any ideas, reviews (good or bad) that you have, I would love to hear them!
Being that August/September is SOOOOO far away, I decide to do a trip report to pass the time and I hope that you all can help me along the way. This is my first "REAL" trip to Disney and I would love to hear all of your ideas and suggestions. I just love reading these boards and learning from the experts! :disrocks: So join me for the ride and I look forward to getting to know all of you.
Stay tuned for a full introduction of the "cast"!!!

Links to updates!
Introduction of the All-Star Cast!
My Dilemma ~ Where to Stay????
DH is on board!!!
And the Cast grows!!!
CSR or CBR?? That is the question!
I'm back!! Need help with ADR's!
T-shirts for the family
To Croc or not to Croc?
We've BOOKED!!!
Change of plans/ADR's
End of the school year already?!?
MNSSHP???
Time to go Shopping!!!
So what to do with the EXTRA cash??
OMG...I feel the pain now...I hope it's gone before the weekend!
It's officially official!!!
I made another purchase/Please help me find Disney Music!!
DAY 1: Travel Day & DTD
My park bag came!!!
New Ticker!!
Grocery List of things for the room
Autograph books
Day 2 - Animal Kingdom Day
Day 3 - Bring on the Magic!!
3 Week Checklist
Day 4 - Lazy Day
2 Weeks to go...
Disney on Ice: Celebrations ~ Should we go??
My surprise video for the boys! YAY!
9 Days till we leave for Disney!!
6 more sleeps!!
3 more sleeps!!
WE LEAVE TODAY!!!

Hello All!
This is my first pre-trip report so hang in there with me. First all let me start by introducing myself and explain how this trip all came about! I'm Stephanie and working mother of two beautiful boys DS(10) and DS(4). And a wife to my DH. We have been married for 5 1/2 years, however we are HS sweethearts so we have been datong since 1996. Secretly we (DH and I) love all things Disney!! SHHH ~ he doesn't want anyone to know!!! LOL!! But I am sure you all will appreciate that. My children LOVED Disney and their TV's stay on the Disney channel ALL DAY long!!! Therefore I felt it was only right to plan a trip to "The World".

Now, my oldest son has been to Magic Kingdom before...back in 2004 we were passing through Orlando going to visit family in Bradenton and we decide to spend a day in Magic Kingdom. As you all know a day just doesn't cut it in Disney. We barely even got our feet wet and it was time to GO!!!! :sad2: Well now that my youngest son will be 5 when we decide to go think that it is a perfect age for him to experience the magic. BTW ~ he has been on a Disney kick for like a month, asking "Can we go to Disney tomorrow?" :laughing:
I started to plan a trip last year during the "free dining" promotion, however I had to cancel because of unexpected financial difficulties!! :confused3 Well now I am at it again!! This time I am letting nothing get in the way. Our tentative dates are 8/30-9/6, we are praying for "free dining" again!!! I have not booked anything yet, but we are looking at either CBR (pirate: room) or Windor Hills StoryTime townhomes. Any ideas, reviews (good or bad) that you have, I would love to hear them!
Being that August/September is SOOOOO far away, I decide to do a trip report to pass the time and I hope that you all can help me along the way. This is my first "REAL" trip to Disney and I would love to hear all of your ideas and suggestions. I just love reading these boards and learning from the experts! :disrocks: So join me for the ride and I look forward to getting to know all of you.
Stay tuned for a full introduction of the "cast"!!!

Yay!! I'm first!! Can't wait to join you in your first trip planning adventure!! :woohoo:

How exciting! My DS4 is going for his third time next month and he is all about ALL THINGS DISNEY!

Have fun planning! Can't wait to hear the details as the come!

So I bet you are wondering who is going on this trip to the Wonderful World??? Well sit back and relax as I introduce nu2wdisneyw's crew!!

First there is me, of course. You can call me Stephanie (28). I am a mother of two beautiful boys, you will learn more about them later! I work in Human Resources as an Employee Representative. I have always LOVED Disney, however I have only been to Magic Kindom twice in my life (so deprived) :sad1: . Well I vowed to myself that I would do more for my children and that they NEEDED to visit The World at least every other year. I would love to be DVC owner, however now is not the right time for us and DH is not completely sold on the idea yet. I have never had to plan for a trip of this magnitude so I am learning from all of your pre-trippies and trip reports, so keep writing cause I and reading!!!
LasVegas002.jpg

This is a picture of me in Planet Hollywood in Las Vegas. We went there for my Husbands 30th birthday!

Next up in the cast of charcters is my DH. You can call him Jeff (30). He is the love of my life! :love: We have been dating since HS and will be happily married for 6 years this coming July. He secretly loves Disney and thinks that Walt is a GENIUS. He is usually not excited about vacations, however he is excited about this one! :woohoo: YAY!! Score one for mom!! He is a thrill seeker and if I had to pick a favorite Disney charcter for him it would be Grumpy!! :rotfl2:
LasVegas003.jpg

Here is DH is the hotel room at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas!

The next character on board is my DS1, Jeffery (10). And it's Jeffery not Jeff. He is a character in his own right...funny, entertaining and all around talkative!!! The boy just won't be quite! :lmao: I truely believe he is going to be an attorney...will try to argue his way out of anything. He has been to Magic Kingdom once in his life when he was 5. We only spent a day there, because we were just passing through. Every since that moment I knew we HAD to go back to experience what Disney really had to offer. He will be super excited. He loves to watch HSM, Camp Rock and Hannah Montana. :ssst: SHHHH, dont tell him I told you that!!

Last but definitely not least, there is DS2 (4, will be 5 in April), Jahlil. He is my baby! Now I just don't know where to begin with him. He is the youngest, but is the terror of the house! :scared1: He gives his brother h3ll!! :lmao: He LOVES Disney! This will be his 1st trip to WDW, and I can't wait to see that look on his face when he realizes he is there!! Mommy has to keep a a secret for now though! ;) He watches Disney channel all day! Loves Playhouse Disney, Mickeys Clubhouse and anything Disney related!

Here are some pictures of the two of them:
085_851.jpg
077_771.jpg

LasVegas006.jpg

So there is our crew! Hope you enjoyed!

Stay tuned...the is more to come!!

So I bet you are wondering who is going on this trip to the Wonderful World??? Well sit back and relax as I introduce nu2wdisneyw's crew!!

First there is me, of course. You can call me Stephanie (28). I am a mother of two beautiful boys, you will learn more about them later! I work in Human Resources as an Employee Representative. I have always LOVED Disney, however I have only been to Magic Kindom twice in my life (so deprived) :sad1: . Well I vowed to myself that I would do more for my children and that they NEEDED to visit The World at least every other year. I would love to be DVC owner, however now is not the right time for us and DH is not completely sold on the idea yet. I have never had to plan for a trip of this magnitude so I am learning from all of your pre-trippies and trip reports, so keep writing cause I and reading!!!
LasVegas002.jpg

This is a picture of me in Planet Hollywood in Las Vegas. We went there for my Husbands 30th birthday!

Next up in the cast of charcters is my DH. You can call him Jeff (30). He is the love of my life! :love: We have been dating since HS and will be happily married for 6 years this coming July. He secretly loves Disney and thinks that Walt is a GENIUS. He is usually not excited about vacations, however he is excited about this one! :woohoo: YAY!! Score one for mom!! He is a thrill seeker and if I had to pick a favorite Disney charcter for him it would be Grumpy!! :rotfl2:
LasVegas003.jpg

He is DH is the hotel room at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas!

The next character on board is my DS1, Jeffery (10). And it's Jeffery not Jeff. He is a character in his own right...funny, entertaining and all around talkative!!! The boy just won't be quite! :lmao: I truely believe he is going to be an attorney...will try to argue his way out of anything. He has been to Magic Kingdom once in his life when he was 5. We only spent a day there, because we were just passing through. Every since that moment I knew we HAD to go back to experience what Disney really had to offer. He will be super excited. He loves to watch HSM, Camp Rock and Hannah Montana. :ssst: SHHHH, dont tell him I told you that!!

Last but definitely not least, there is DS2 (4, will be 5 in April), there is Jahlil. He is my baby! Now I just don't know where to begin with him. He is the youngest, but is the terror of the house! :scared1: He gives his brother h3ll!! :lmao: He LOVES Disney! This will be his 1st trip to WDW, and I can't wait to see that look on his face when he realizes he he there!! Mommy has to keep a a secret for now though! ;) He watches Disney channel all day! Loves Playhouse Disney, Mickeys Clubhouse and anything Disney related!

Here are some pictures of the two of them:
085_851.jpg
077_771.jpg

LasVegas006.jpg

So there is our crew! Hope you enjoyed!

Stay tuned...the is more to come!!

Sorry about the size of the pictures...I couldnt figure out how to resize them?!?!? :confused3

We went to Vegas for the first time last spring, just me and my DH (also Jeff, by the way!) Did you have fun??

He loves to watch HSM, Camp Rock and Hannah Montana. :ssst: SHHHH, dont tell him I told you that!!

My 3 boys enjoy all of those shows as well! It will be our little secret! :ssst:
Last but definitely not least, there is DS2 (4, will be 5 in April), there is Jahlil. He is my baby! Now I just don't know where to begin with him. He is the youngest, but is the terror of the house! :scared1:

Too cute!! You have a beautiful family! :goodvibes

We went to Vegas for the first time last spring, just me and my DH (also Jeff, by the way!) Did you have fun??

My 3 boys enjoy all of those shows as well! It will be our little secret! :ssst:

Too cute!! You have a beautiful family! :goodvibes

We had a GREAT time in Las Vegas. It was our first time and is definitely somewhere we will visit in the future. That's so funny that you have a Jeff too!! :)

Thanks for the compliment!!

Okay my fellow DISers, I AM SO CONFUSED!!! :confused: I am trying to figure out where we want to stay for our up coming trip. This will be the first time that we TRUELY experience Disney Magic and I am going crazy trying to plan. All I talk about is the trip and it is not until the end of August!!!!

So I think that based on what I read on the boards and looking through the resorts, I've narrowed it down to 3 places. Two onsite: POP and CBR; one offsite: Storytime Townhomes at Windsor Hills.

Here are my thoughts, if we stay onsite and they offer free dining this year, then that will be a PLUS!! :thumbsup2 We also will benefit from EMH, and the Disney transportation. Originally I was going to add the Water Parks and More option, but looking at all of the pools determined that it wasnt necessary!! So thats my benefits of staying onsite, which is what I can gather from the boards.

The downside is, I am not sure how long DH would last cramped up in a hotel room, with limited TV time. Now I would save money by going with staying offsite, but then I have to factor in food cost and parking!! I focused on Storytime, because I like how they keep the Disney theme going with the kids rooms. This will allow us more space to relax and be able to put the kids to bed without disturbing them. I feel that it is close enough and as long as we can figure out the short cut, we can still take a break midday if needed. Staying here will also allow for me to fix a hot breakfast in the morning BEFORE we go to the parks, which will cut down on the cost of food. :confused3

PLEASE help!!! :eek: I need to make a decision so that I can put down the deposit!!!

Ok...here is my 2cents. Obviously just my opinion, so take it for what it's worth.

I look at it this way, we have a limited number of vacation days per year so I want to make the most of them. If you have been reading my PTR you know that I am very budget conscious and try to be wise with our spending. I priced our first Disney vacation out a million different ways...offsite/onsite, car/no car, DDP/no DDP, etc. Here is what I came up with! Figure in the cost of the rental car and the price of the food since you can't do DDP ....what is the price difference? Now to that, add the time lost at the park to drive back and forth, time to go offsite to eat if you choose, middle of the day breaks are harder, parking costs, no EMH. It is different for every family, but for ours, staying onsite just makes more sense. We always feel IMMERSED in Disney magic! The convenience of paying everything before we go is a big deal for us. It is a little inconvenient to be in the same hotel room, but we found that we spent VERY little time in the room making that a non-issue.

Another thing....I don't want to cook (or clean up) on vacation! We made instant oatmeal in the room, brought small boxes of cereal, poptarts, etc. so we were able to eat breakfast before leaving for the parks.

Like I said, each family is different, but that is the reasoning behind our choice to stay onsite. Good luck with your decision...whatever you decide you'll have an AWESOME trip! Can't wait to hear which way you go! :surfweb:

Ok...here is my 2cents. Obviously just my opinion, so take it for what it's worth.

I look at it this way, we have a limited number of vacation days per year so I want to make the most of them. If you have been reading my PTR you know that I am very budget conscious and try to be wise with our spending. I priced our first Disney vacation out a million different ways...offsite/onsite, car/no car, DDP/no DDP, etc. Here is what I came up with! Figure in the cost of the rental car and the price of the food since you can't do DDP ....what is the price difference? Now to that, add the time lost at the park to drive back and forth, time to go offsite to eat if you choose, middle of the day breaks are harder, parking costs, no EMH. It is different for every family, but for ours, staying onsite just makes more sense. We always feel IMMERSED in Disney magic! The convenience of paying everything before we go is a big deal for us. It is a little inconvenient to be in the same hotel room, but we found that we spent VERY little time in the room making that a non-issue.

Another thing....I don't want to cook (or clean up) on vacation! We made instant oatmeal in the room, brought small boxes of cereal, poptarts, etc. so we were able to eat breakfast before leaving for the parks.

Like I said, each family is different, but that is the reasoning behind our choice to stay onsite. Good luck with your decision...whatever you decide you'll have an AWESOME trip! Can't wait to hear which way you go! :surfweb:

See I knew that I could count on you!!! Many of the reasons tha you pointed out are the reasons why I was leaning towards staying onsite. It's up in the air. But thanks for your Disney wisdom!! :wizard: I will keep you posted!!

So, my preliminary plans put us at Disney World the same time as you guys, August 30 to Sept. 6! I hope you are enjoying planning...I am just getting started so I haven't started any kind of trip report yet, but I am so excited to see your planning!! Good luck on deciding where to stay! I am having that dilemma as well!!

So, my preliminary plans put us at Disney World the same time as you guys, August 30 to Sept. 6! I hope you are enjoying planning...I am just getting started so I haven't started any kind of trip report yet, but I am so excited to see your planning!! Good luck on deciding where to stay! I am having that dilemma as well!!

:welcome: to my trippie!! I hope to entertain you. And I look forward to planning with you!

So I have some exciting news: DH is actually trying to help with the planning!!! He was making ideas as to our accomodations and things to do while we are there! :cool1: If you all knew my DH you would know that this is a major step for him. He usually sits back and lets me do all the work!! This makes me very excited because now planning will be so much more fun!!!!:banana:
Hopefully I will have some decisions made soon! I will keep you posted!! :rolleyes1

Yay Stephanie!! It's always good to have the DH on board! Mine is pretty excited too, and he likes to have input in the planning process...he likes to be up to speed at least! Planning together will be fun....it's always nice not to have to make those major decisions alone! Have fun and keep me updated!

So DH, DS10, DS4 and I went to Kentucky this weekend to visit my BIL for his birthday. While there I was talking with his fiance about our upcoming plans for visiting The World. She was too excited and decided that they would join us!!! :banana: This makes for a party of 8!!! She has two boys ages 7 and 13!! I am too excited because this makes for an even better trip! She warned me that she is not a planner, therefore I need to plan and she will just make sure to be there.:confused: I hope all goes well with that!!! I told her I will make the plans, and I will not be upset if her family decides not to follow them! We will see. I am keeping my fingers crossed!! Okay now I need to REALLY focus on accommodations!! :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter