I started my TR ~ A Wish Come True ~ August/September 2009 Pre-Trip Report

Joining in on the fun! We'll be leaving the day before you guys get there. Hopefully, the hurricanes will stay away for both of us!! :goodvibes I am jealous that your DH enjoys WDW -- even if he's a closeted fan. :rotfl: My DH is not a fan, and I'm desperately trying to convert him. It's hard!

We're staying at Pop, and I'd highly suggest staying on-site. I know a free dining pin code has gone out, and hopefully it will be offered to the general public in April. It'd definitely be worth it for all you guys if it. Sounds like you guys will have a blast regardless. Look forward to hearing more soon!

Hey just wanted to let you know I'm reading! Looks like it will be a fun trip! We are leaving in just 24 days for our trip so I'll have lots of tips to bring back to you!

Joining in on the fun! We'll be leaving the day before you guys get there. Hopefully, the hurricanes will stay away for both of us!! :goodvibes I am jealous that your DH enjoys WDW -- even if he's a closeted fan. :rotfl: My DH is not a fan, and I'm desperately trying to convert him. It's hard!

We're staying at Pop, and I'd highly suggest staying on-site. I know a free dining pin code has gone out, and hopefully it will be offered to the general public in April. It'd definitely be worth it for all you guys if it. Sounds like you guys will have a blast regardless. Look forward to hearing more soon!

Yes hopefully!!! I will keep my fingers crossed for both of us. My DH is a big kid at heart...he thinks that Walt Disney is a GENIOUS!!! :worship: Anybody that can get people to worship and spend money the way they do even in the messed up economy deserves respect!!! :rotfl:

Well I think that we have made the decision to stay on-site. There are WAYYYY to many benefits of staying onsite than off. We can get comfort and space at home...we dont need it on vacation. :rolleyes: This is the time for us to bond and truely spend time as a family!!! :grouphug: Not sure which resort yet...it will be value or mod! Don't want to spoil the suspense just yet...just stay tuned!!!

Hey just wanted to let you know I'm reading! Looks like it will be a fun trip! We are leaving in just 24 days for our trip so I'll have lots of tips to bring back to you!

:welcome: Trina! Thanks for reading along. I don't post as often as I should but I will start posting more on a regular!! :rolleyes1 I look forward to learning from your experiences. I have learned so much from everyone on this site!!! It is SOOOOO addicting! :laughing:

you should also price out renting out someone's DVC points and staying at one of the DVC resorts. It may be cheaper for all 8 of you to rent a two bedroom villa.

Has your DH read any of Walt's bios? I've started "Walt Disney: An American Original" by Bob Thomas. So far, so good!

Ooh, so happy that you guys decided to stay on-site. The benefits do outweigh anything else. Plus, I just love being immersed by all things Disney!

you should also price out renting out someone's DVC points and staying at one of the DVC resorts. It may be cheaper for all 8 of you to rent a two bedroom villa.

Definitely look into this! I've heard a lot of great things on the boards from people who've rented before.

:welcome: Space Command! Thank you for your insight!!! I was actually just looking on the boards to figure out the number of points that we would need to rent depending on where we choose to stay. The only reservation I have is that we will not be eligible for free dining if its announces!! :sad2:

Well I think that we have made the decision to stay on-site. There are WAYYYY to many benefits of staying onsite than off. We can get comfort and space at home...we dont need it on vacation. :rolleyes: This is the time for us to bond and truely spend time as a family!!! :grouphug: Not sure which resort yet...it will be value or mod! Don't want to spoil the suspense just yet...just stay tuned!!! [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Yay!!!! Keep us posted!! :woohoo: :woohoo:

And....wow....a grand gathering! Sounds like a lot of fun, but a lot of planning!!! :eek: Looking forward to the ride!

Yay Stephanie!! It's always good to have the DH on board! Mine is pretty excited too, and he likes to have input in the planning process...he likes to be up to speed at least! Planning together will be fun....it's always nice not to have to make those major decisions alone! Have fun and keep me updated!

Yes...he is not as excited as me. However he does make suggestions as asks about it every now and then. Once we have a solid date and resort (yes we are definitely staying onsite) booked I am sure he will put in a lot more input!

Has your DH read any of Walt's bios? I've started "Walt Disney: An American Original" by Bob Thomas. So far, so good!

Ooh, so happy that you guys decided to stay on-site. The benefits do outweigh anything else. Plus, I just love being immersed by all things Disney!

Definitely look into this! I've heard a lot of great things on the boards from people who've rented before.

He has not read any of his bios...I will have to look into that though! Yes after spending time on the boards - realize the best decision is for us to stay on site...but where will it be???

Hello fellow DISers!!
I know that you wondering..."well when is the next time she is going to post??" Well here I am. And I com with a MAJOR dilemma...WHERE ARE WE GOING TO STAY??? Well I have narrowed it down to two resorts that I REALLY like: CSR and CBR. I was really leaning towards CSR after reading Buzz's site. However after looking at Momof2Disneyboys thread/review I think I am leaning more toward CBR!!

So what do you think???

I really like that CSR has queen sized beds and new flat screen TV's. That is the MAJOR draw to that resort. The pictures of the grounds are BEAUTIFUL too, especially at night. One of the plus' (a lot of people will find as a negative) is that it is a convention resort. Which means less people will be there going to the parks and enjoying the pool.

Now for CBR ~ I LOVE the theming of the resort. I am an island girl (if I could live on one I would). It seems more kid-friendly with the pirate/nemo rooms, the new pools, etc. The food court seems better as well. I just don't know

I know that if I stay at one this year...I can always stay at another next year (we are planning a REAL grand gathering next year, it will be like 15-20 of us!! )

What should I do??

Hello fellow DISers!!
I know that you wondering..."well when is the next time she is going to post??" Well here I am. And I com with a MAJOR dilemma...WHERE ARE WE GOING TO STAY??? Well I have narrowed it down to two resorts that I REALLY like: CSR and CBR. I was really leaning towards CSR after reading Buzz's site. However after looking at mommytothreeboys thread/review I think I am leaning more toward CBR!!

So what do you think???

I really like that CSR has queen sized beds and new flat screen TV's. That is the MAJOR draw to that resort. The pictures of the grounds are BEAUTIFUL too, especially at night. One of the plus' (a lot of people will find as a negative) is that it is a convention resort. Which means less people will be there going to the parks and enjoying the pool.

Now for CBR ~ I LOVE the theming of the resort. I am an island girl (if I could live on one I would). It seems more kid-friendly with the pirate/nemo rooms, the new pools, etc. The food court seems better as well. I just don't know

I know that if I stay at one this year...I can always stay at another next year (we are planning a REAL grand gathering next year, it will be like 15-20 of us!! )

What should I do??

As much as I'd love to be able to take credit for your fondness for CBR...I've only ever stayed at POR!! That being said...I don't think you can go wrong at either resort. If I had to choose, I'd probably choose CBR only because I just love the Caribbean theming. (I went to Jamaica on a missions trip in 2006 and the vibe is unbeatable!) Anyway...good luck making a choice. Can't wait to hear what you decide!

As much as I'd love to be able to take credit for your fondness for CBR...I've only ever stayed at POR!! That being said...I don't think you can go wrong at either resort. If I had to choose, I'd probably choose CBR only because I just love the Caribbean theming. (I went to Jamaica on a missions trip in 2006 and the vibe is unbeatable!) Anyway...good luck making a choice. Can't wait to hear what you decide!

Sorry about that...I mistyped. So many different thread I've been reading. I get a little confused. :confused3

So I requested a quote from Dreams Unlimited 2 days ago and I have not heard anything back from them. I decided to book through then because of the great reviews I read on this forum. Do they usually take this long?? :confused3 I just want to know that damage so that I can go ahead and pay my deposit!!!

Sorry about that...I mistyped. So many different thread I've been reading. I get a little confused. :confused3

LOL! The same thing happens to me! I have to double check all the time which trip I'm reading about! :rotfl: Feel free to give me credit whenever you like!!

So I requested a quote from Dreams Unlimited 2 days ago and I have not heard anything back from them. I decided to book through then because of the great reviews I read on this forum. Do they usually take this long?? :confused3 I just want to know that damage so that I can go ahead and pay my deposit!!!

Ugh...waiting is the WORST!! Patience is definitely not one of my virtues! I wish I could offer advice, but I've never used Dreams Unlimited. Just curious...did you make a resort decision???????? Will your extended family be staying at the same resort? :confused3

LOL! The same thing happens to me! I have to double check all the time which trip I'm reading about! :rotfl: Feel free to give me credit whenever you like!!

Ugh...waiting is the WORST!! Patience is definitely not one of my virtues! I wish I could offer advice, but I've never used Dreams Unlimited. Just curious...did you make a resort decision???????? Will your extended family be staying at the same resort? :confused3

I've emailed my BIL fiance to let them know that we have decided to stay onsite instead of at Windsor Hills...SHE DIDN'T RESPOND!!!!:confused3 This is another reason why I don't like to plan with other people and have my budget depend on them!!! Especially when someone is not as excited as me...I can talk Disney EVERYDAY, ALL DAY!!! :lmao: That's why I can't enough of these boards...I fel at home, because I know that we all have one thing in common: DISNEY!!!

The whole picking a resort thing is DRIVING ME CRAZY!!! I can't seem to decide. I am just going to call and book. Which ever resort I am feeling that day, is where we will stay. I am looking into CBR more though. I LOVE the pool there and I am sure the boys would enjoy the pirate rooms. We shall see!!

I've emailed my BIL fiance to let them know that we have decided to stay onsite instead of at Windsor Hills...SHE DIDN'T RESPOND!!!!:confused3 This is another reason why I don't like to plan with other people and have my budget depend on them!!! Especially when someone is not as excited as me...I can talk Disney EVERYDAY, ALL DAY!!! :lmao: That's why I can't enough of these boards...I fel at home, because I know that we all have one thing in common: DISNEY!!!

The whole picking a resort thing is DRIVING ME CRAZY!!! I can't seem to decide. I am just going to call and book. Which ever resort I am feeling that day, is where we will stay. I am looking into CBR more though. I LOVE the pool there and I am sure the boys would enjoy the pirate rooms. We shall see!!

I have to hand it to you...I don't think I would have the patience to plan my vacation depending on another family member's input. I'm too much of a control freak....but on the other hand, I'm a people-pleaser, so I'd want everyone to be happy...ugh...those two things would drive me insane! I'd want to do it all, but then want everyone to love it so I'd need their input...man, I'd be in the loony bin so fast!!! And then with the whole budget thing as well....NO WAY!! Good for you for being patient and sane enough to handle it! :worship:

I guess I kind of didn't have the whole resort issue because as a family of 5 we only have limited choices. POR, a suite at All Star Music, two rooms at a value or the cabins at Fort Wilderness. Of all of those choices, POR is significantly cheaper so the choice is really made for us. Easy. My suggestion to you....have another baby!!!!! LOL! :lmao: Until then.....go with the gut and pick one....you'll be happy either way! :cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter