I need snack/small meal ideas for a 1 year old!

DizMomAndWife

Mouseketeer
We're headed back to the World in December with out DD3 and DD1 (well technically, they'll turn 3 and 1 while we're there, but close enough). DH and I are on the meal plan, and all of our TS meals are buffet, so I'm not worried about those. For some QS meals, we'll order our oldest DD a kids meal, but our youngest is still toothless!
What are some snacks you've brought into the parks that a kiddo can eat without teeth? We usually bring the usual snack bags with assorted things, but I'm stumped with my little late bloomer. Any ideas?

What does she eat at home? You can bring in baby food and feed her while you eat. The pouches are easy to carry around.

We usually just adjust whatever we're eating to feed her. She also gets lots of cheerios and graham crackers. She's had very little baby food...I'm a bad momma! I'm not sure how I could adjust our snacks though, and wanted her to have some variety. The pouches are a great idea though!

She can share a lot of your CS meals with you. There are tons of choices besides sandwichs and fries. For example you can get roasted chicken with potatoes and green beans or pasta etc and just give her bits. Apple sauce and yogurt are common everywhere. Look for kid meals the two can share. Check out the toddler food section at your local store. There are lots of finger foods that would be good for a fill in when needed. When my oldest was little I had a small hand grinder than we took with us and could grind up table food. It's a bit of a pain to wash at WDW but worked well and allowed him to eat lots of foods. I would caution not to introduce any new foods to your baby while traveling. We are an allergy family and just know all too well the issues that can cause.

Not your actual question but make sure you take advantage of the baby care center!
YES! We love them! Also, just remembered they have microwaves.

She can share a lot of your CS meals with you. There are tons of choices besides sandwichs and fries. For example you can get roasted chicken with potatoes and green beans or pasta etc and just give her bits. Apple sauce and yogurt are common everywhere. Look for kid meals the two can share. Check out the toddler food section at your local store. There are lots of finger foods that would be good for a fill in when needed. When my oldest was little I had a small hand grinder than we took with us and could grind up table food. It's a bit of a pain to wash at WDW but worked well and allowed him to eat lots of foods. I would caution not to introduce any new foods to your baby while traveling. We are an allergy family and just know all too well the issues that can cause.

Going to be doing some looking on QS menus now, thank you for all the great tips!

Bring a banana every day (still in the peel) - cheap and wonderfully 1 year old friendly...
Bring a shelf-stable yogurt every day - again, perfect for a 1 year old...
Bring a bottle of the veg puffs every day (https://www.amazon.com/Happy-Baby-O...1508678053&sr=8-1&keywords=toddler+puffs&th=1) or you can do Gerber types...

And then call it a day - if you have a banana and yogurt for the 2 sit downs meals (serve one at each) and then have a different type of puff every day, your child will be happy and filled at 1...especially with the buffet meal where you can add mashed potato, soft veg (like green beans/peas), soft bread, puddings, etc...

Bring a banana every day (still in the peel) - cheap and wonderfully 1 year old friendly...
Bring a shelf-stable yogurt every day - again, perfect for a 1 year old...
Bring a bottle of the veg puffs every day (https://www.amazon.com/Happy-Baby-Organic-Superfood-Variety/dp/B017DC7M8U/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1508678053&sr=8-1&keywords=toddler+puffs&th=1) or you can do Gerber types...

And then call it a day - if you have a banana and yogurt for the 2 sit downs meals (serve one at each) and then have a different type of puff every day, your child will be happy and filled at 1...especially with the buffet meal where you can add mashed potato, soft veg (like green beans/peas), soft bread, puddings, etc...

Genius!! I'm so lost with this toothless kid! Its like first time parenting all over! :rotfl2: Thank you so much!

Genius!! I'm so lost with this toothless kid! Its like first time parenting all over! :rotfl2: Thank you so much!
All my kids were late teethers, they can eat exactly the same things as toddlers with lots of teeth. The teeth are right under the gums, they can chew (plus not a lot of chewing goes on with the front teeth anyway).

All my kids were late teethers, they can eat exactly the same things as toddlers with lots of teeth. The teeth are right under the gums, they can chew (plus not a lot of chewing goes on with the front teeth anyway).

Yes, she eat mostly what we eat at home, as well as her fill of crackers, I just needed some new *portable* ideas so she would have some variety. My first kid was an early teether, so she had molars by 1.5, we never worried about what to feed her.

Here are some portable ideas! I’m assuming you don’t want anything that you would need to keep cool. If you’ll have a small cooler with ice pack I have lots more ideas!

Also, will your 3yo eat a whole QS kids meal? My 2.5 & 1yo were able to share some CS meals on our latest trip because my 3yo doesn’t eat a whole lot in one sitting.

I always try to figure out how to add some extra protein somewhere. Peanut butter is always my go-to. I’m always hesitant to do too much fruit stuff because ... diapers! But the dried or dehydrated fruits are a gear snack to bring along

-PB sandwiches on crackers (just spread PB on whatever cracker she likes best). Or buy the prepackaged ones!
-Cereal/oatmeal bars
-Craisins or raisins
-Dehydrated fruits
-Pouches

Also, will your 3yo eat a whole QS kids meal? My 2.5 & 1yo were able to share some CS meals on our latest trip because my 3yo doesn’t eat a whole lot in one sitting.

That is our plan as well, I know our 3 year old won't eat much. I'm hoping to make big sister's meals as tooth-less friendly as possible, then supplement with all the great snack ideas I've gotten from this thread!
BTW, what is it with kids? Are they all grazers? My kids want to eat all day, but never large amounts!

What about the little Gerber meals? They don't have to be refrigerated and you could heat them in the baby care center. My son loved the little ravioli ones.

Apple sauce pouches, fruit cups, nutrigrain bars. All easy things to grab and run with when leaving your hotel in the morning.

My son is almost 2 and already had 2 of his 2 year molars, but he still likes those Gerber grabbers pouches. I give one to him if we're going to be eating later than normal and I just need to tide him over. He liked the Puffs snacks before he got teeth as well.

Sounds like my kid is an anomaly too. He very rarely snacks. If we are somewhere that has snacks, he will eat, but he never requests food between meals. And he regularly finishes kid's meals at restaurants. He is 31 lbs already...I think he's going to need the adult menu by kindergarten!

My son is almost 2 and already had 2 of his 2 year molars, but he still likes those Gerber grabbers pouches. I give one to him if we're going to be eating later than normal and I just need to tide him over. He liked the Puffs snacks before he got teeth as well.
I think those pouches are definitely going to be the way to go! Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter