I need Disney Therapy. Are you coming or not?.... Nov/Dec 11 pre trip report

So day 5 of our trip is going to be Epcot. (I know I skipped Day 4 that's prob going to be shopping/mass day)
I booked for Garden Grill today and I rang the dining number as it gives the impression on the WDW site that Candlelight processional can be booked now. It can't and they don't have a date for when that will happen. They said it will just happen one day! But they did say I can just add Candlelight dinner package to my existing reservation when the time comes. I might try get earlier booking though when I can do Candlelight package because I was only able to get Garden Grill for 5.55 and would like it earlier.

If my memory is correct last year the CP ressies were available around August. Seemed kinda late to me.

My wife is afraid of heights, but I convinced her to try Soarin. She loved it. We went on it a second time another day. I would recommend getting Fast Passes for it so you aren't waiting in line, it is a very popular ride.

I'd say it'll be one of thsoe things we'll decide on the day. Will get fast passes for it and Peter Pan. Peter Pan is always sooooooooooooo long! :scared1:

If my memory is correct last year the CP ressies were available around August. Seemed kinda late to me.
The CM on the phone said they don't nkow when people can book it'll just happen one day!

on the possible schedule. Day 8 is at the moment open until Universal release their Christmas details. So depending what time their christmas stuff is it'll either be one of Universal parks or if I think we can do all Universal stuff we want including Xmas stuff in one day we'll use this day to finish Epcot/ introduce oursleves to Boardwalk as we've never been and I don't expect to get Epcot done in one day when we've never seen it properly.

Day 9 is going to be Discovery Cove :) Went there in 2005 (retro pics in last trip report/ptr) it was amazing and since I heard they're opening a new section to the park thought it was time to go back :)

Day 10 on the schedule is Seaworld. According to their website they are open until 11 that night.. Should be enough time to soak in their Xmas stuff :)

I do have retro pics of this park:
in 1995
they had these things to pose by
Florida950001w.jpg

The had horseys! :) Last time I was disappointed to find the horses were gone :(
Florida950004e.jpg

and I fell in love with Shamu:
Florida950001q.jpg

Florida950004q.jpg

Florida950004w.jpg

in 2005 I only have two quick pics I could find:
Florida050003.jpg

I love the dolphins although I don't like the new Dolphin show as much as the old one they had!
and Manatees.
Florida050002y.jpg

It's kind of tradition for me to get my pic taken beside Manatee statue every time we go there :)

Day 9 is going to be Discovery Cove :) Went there in 2005 (retro pics in last trip report/ptr) it was amazing and since I heard they're opening a new section to the park thought it was time to go back :)

Discovery Cove is going to be day 4 for us. My sister and her family went a few years ago, and LOVED IT! I am so excited, going to do the dolphin experience!

on the possible schedule. Day 8 is at the moment open until Universal release their Christmas details. So depending what time their christmas stuff is it'll either be one of Universal parks or if I think we can do all Universal stuff we want including Xmas stuff in one day we'll use this day to finish Epcot/ introduce oursleves to Boardwalk as we've never been and I don't expect to get Epcot done in one day when we've never seen it properly.

Universal Hours last year were (week after Christmas):

IOA 8 am to midnight
USO 9 am to 10 pm

Discovery Cove is going to be day 4 for us. My sister and her family went a few years ago, and LOVED IT! I am so excited, going to do the dolphin experience!

Discovery Cove is like a little paradise. So quiet and relaxed compared to all the other parks. I can't wait to see the new section and try out the Hammocks they have now :)

Universal Hours last year were (week after Christmas):

IOA 8 am to midnight
USO 9 am to 10 pm
Thanks I want to know when the Christmas stuff starts though. I think last year it started on the 4th of December. There doesn't seem to be any sign of dates for the start of the Christmas things there yet. They haven't released their Halloweens dates yet so I can see this wait being a long one :lmao:

Day 11 will be rest day/shopping in whatever outlet we haven't been to yet/possibly mass as well as it's Sunday. I think I'm down to 170 days today btw :goodvibes

The horses are gone?! Where did they go? We have annual passes for Busch Gardens and Sea World too. I never noticed the horses are gone.

The horses are gone?! Where did they go? We have annual passes for Busch Gardens and Sea World too. I never noticed the horses are gone.

Dunno when they left but they were gone last time we were there in September. They had new gardens there and there was a meet and greet with some Penguin instead of the horses

So Day 12 will be Universal day. Either one or both parks again depends on their timetable of Xmas events :)

I forgot to post the retro Universal pics the last day I mentioned it.
These are from 2005:
Scooby Doo randomly walking around
Florida050001q.jpg

Florida050001w.jpg

Florida050001e.jpg

I also got Mickey Mail yesterday.. well kind of :) I'd ordered t-shirts from etsy and there was a little bit of pixie dust thrown in. I ordered these two:
SAM_0661.jpg

Snow White for moi and Tinkerbell for mommy
SAM_0660.jpg

But an extra one came with those two in the form of:
SAM_0662.jpg

I'm guessing it's because there was a delay in the seller sending them out. It's a size to big for me as well but I'll wear it as a night dress lol! :goodvibes

Day 13 we're moving to POP :) I booked Chef Mickey's for brekkie at 10:45am and then we have MVMCP that evening so I figure we'll either explore POP for a bit or head to Downtown disney for a while.

Day 13 we're moving to POP :) I booked Chef Mickey's for brekkie at 10:45am and then we have MVMCP that evening so I figure we'll either explore POP for a bit or head to Downtown disney for a while.

My kids really wanted to stay at POP, but we would need 2 rooms...no guarantee of adjoining rooms (even if requested) and 2 rooms cost more than BWV.

I understand they have a great food cart with the best Mickey Waffles (put there they are POP waffles)...also the tie dye cheesecake looks great!

My kids really wanted to stay at POP, but we would need 2 rooms...no guarantee of adjoining rooms (even if requested) and 2 rooms cost more than BWV.

I understand they have a great food cart with the best Mickey Waffles (put there they are POP waffles)...also the tie dye cheesecake looks great!

We've never stayed onsite at WDW before so I'm really excited to stay at POP for a few days. Definately going to get tie dye cheesecake and have to take lots of pics of the giant figures! :)

You could always visit Pop! Stop by the food court to get a snack of cheesecake, yum! Do it at 6pm and you and/or the kids could be part of the hustle! Or get there at 8am for Mickey waffles and do the twist!

2 rooms cost more than BWV? We paid $77 a night last stay (May) and in Dec got a bounce back rate of $68.25 for December. Are you getting a studio at BWV? There's definately alot more room space at BWV, not to mention the convenience of walking to Epcot and DHS!!

We've never stayed onsite at WDW before so I'm really excited to stay at POP for a few days. Definately going to get tie dye cheesecake and have to take lots of pics of the giant figures! :)

Wonder if after staying onsite, you will ever be able to go back to off property?

You could always visit Pop! Stop by the food court to get a snack of cheesecake, yum! Do it at 6pm and you and/or the kids could be part of the hustle! Or get there at 8am for Mickey waffles and do the twist!
We never seem to find time to visit the resorts... that said it was only when I joined disney forums that I realised how big disney property is outside of the parks as well. I think we'll get the "twist" in one morning but maybe not the hustle! Also there are no kids in our party... I am the kid :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Wonder if after staying onsite, you will ever be able to go back to off property?
If I was going solo I would be on property alot longer. Originally I was planning as a solo trip I was going to spend 5 days on international drive and the rest on property.

oh random disneyish funny story from this evening. Was out with a friend and was talking about the disney clothes i've been gathering for the hols in particular the Disney Tye dye and she came back to my house to see this tye dye for herself. I may be a slight collector of well anything disney really but have a large number or pins and plushies in particular and well my friend decided after seeing my bedroom that she doesn't need to take her kids to disney she'll just take them to my bedroom :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter