• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love it so I'm now giving it for Christmas!

This thing is Evil!! I got mine on Amazon too. I have not been brave enough to use the voice that says "can you hear me" yet. I am afraid it might throw someone over the edge!!

Glad to be of help!

haha,both my boys had these a few years back....they lasted for quite a while,and drove us crazy! the intermittent sounds are timed just so you can;t figure it out.....

Thanks for this thread and all the great ideas. We ordered an "Eviltron" and a few "Annoyatrons" too. What fun we will have! :thumbsup2:rotfl2:

MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL!:wave2:

1. Swiffer Vac. I was skeptical and bought it with the idea that I would take it back if it didn't perform. Boy was I surprised! If you have dogs you HAVE to have one of these!!! My daughter's aussie produces as much hair as both of my aussies so I had to get her one :)

Thanks for posting about the Swiffer Vac. I bought one and love it but the best part is my dd thinks it is fun to vacum the hard wood floors so she sweeps everyday without being asked. :thumbsup2

haha,both my boys had these a few years back....they lasted for quite a while,and drove us crazy! the intermittent sounds are timed just so you can;t figure it out.....

Ohhhh..I was wondering! I thought you had to keep pressing the button.

I got hubby an Open-It, and labeled it to "open first". We used that thing 100 times today! Thanks for the idea!

OXO pop up lid storage containers. I love them so much and tell everyone about them you'd think I'd get a cut of their profits or something :). They have a 10 piece set at Bed Bath and Beyond for $100 ($80 with a 20% off coupon) and I get these often and break the set up and fill the containers with treats and give them out as gifts (and maybe keep 1 or 2 for myself... :rolleyes1). They are so sturdy and air tight, while still being easy to open. Everyone loves them!

This is a great thread. Wish I had seen it earlier. There are several things on here I would have bought for Christmas. I posted this on another thread, but Kohls has these Sherpa Blankets that come out in Oct/Nov. They sell out before Christmas, but they are a great gift. Usually around $20-$25 and so soft. The link is listed below (even thought it is sold out). It comes in about 4 colors.

http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-1092416/sonoma-life-style-sherpa-throw.jsp

"It Starts With Food"

http://whole9life.com/itstartswithfood/

Changed my life. Multiple copies going out for Christmas this year, especially to those I know eat a crappy Standard American diet or struggle with diet-solvable health issues.

I am very interested in this - for me :woohoo:

Currently I am eating Paleo & Low Carb. Paleo because it is a decision I made for myself a couple of years ago & Low Carb - for weight loss :thumbsup2 (EXCELLENT for that - so "easy")

My question, does this book follow or mesh well with both of these eating styles? I have purchased books before & been very disappointed as they liberally include artificial sweeteners (I choose not to use ANY type), or insist that I must eat fruit (then I don't lose weight :sad2:). One had a mandatory white potato every day, etc., etc., etc.

Just wondering if this book would benefit me. :goodvibes

i bought 2 sherpa fleece throws from LTD commodities a couple of months ago, one for DD15 and one for me. we got them Christmas day, and they're AWESOME! warmest blankets ever! i'd post the link, because they were only $12.95 each, but it seems LTD isn't selling them anymore.

I am very interested in this - for me :woohoo:

Currently I am eating Paleo & Low Carb. Paleo because it is a decision I made for myself a couple of years ago & Low Carb - for weight loss :thumbsup2 (EXCELLENT for that - so "easy")

My question, does this book follow or mesh well with both of these eating styles? I have purchased books before & been very disappointed as they liberally include artificial sweeteners (I choose not to use ANY type), or insist that I must eat fruit (then I don't lose weight :sad2:). One had a mandatory white potato every day, etc., etc., etc.

Just wondering if this book would benefit me. :goodvibes[/QUOTE

Wow, there are really some crap paleo books out there! The Whole30 is about eating really good and cleaning out your diet - NO added sugar, even "natural" ones like honey and definitely no artificial sweetener! You're allowed to use a little 100% fruit juice as an ingredient if you want to, but I didn't for mine. They recommend avoiding white potatoes and judicious use of fruit based on your sugar habits - and stress that you can get all the same nutrients from veggies as you can from fruit. The focus is on eating really, healthy food in the form of meat/fish, veggies, and healthy fats, and they also go in to interesting detail on why other foods are cut out. You are allowed to eat carbs on the form of squash, sweet potato, etc which I pretty much only do with my post workout meal ( I train intensively with Crossfit) but are not mandatory.

I had to cut out fruit to keep losing weight and get my blood sugar under control - my family was drilling me about how fruit is "natural" and okay over the holiday. Not for me! Sugar is sugar is sugar to my body. I hope this helps - I would seriously recommend the book for anybody looking to educate themselves on a clean paleo diet :)

I love love love my Hatley pyjamas so I got a pair for my mom. Ridiculously expensive for pyjamas IMO but they hold up well and are so comfortable they were worth the splurge:)

Wow, there are really some crap paleo books out there! The Whole30 is about eating really good and cleaning out your diet - NO added sugar, even "natural" ones like honey and definitely no artificial sweetener! You're allowed to use a little 100% fruit juice as an ingredient if you want to, but I didn't for mine. They recommend avoiding white potatoes and judicious use of fruit based on your sugar habits - and stress that you can get all the same nutrients from veggies as you can from fruit. The focus is on eating really, healthy food in the form of meat/fish, veggies, and healthy fats, and they also go in to interesting detail on why other foods are cut out. You are allowed to eat carbs on the form of squash, sweet potato, etc which I pretty much only do with my post workout meal ( I train intensively with Crossfit) but are not mandatory.

I had to cut out fruit to keep losing weight and get my blood sugar under control - my family was drilling me about how fruit is "natural" and okay over the holiday. Not for me! Sugar is sugar is sugar to my body. I hope this helps - I would seriously recommend the book for anybody looking to educate themselves on a clean paleo diet :)

Thanks - sounds like this book is a good fit then for a Paleo/Low Carb diet. :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter