I love it so I'm now giving it for Christmas!

lucigo

DIS Veteran
What is that one thing that you have that you love so much that you want to tell the world how much you love it, and buy all of your friends one for Christmas?

We all have that person we just don't know what to give, so I figured I would start this in hopes of finding some great ideas. I will start with two things that I loved so much that I wondered how I ever lived without them, and ended up buying for a family member.

1. Swiffer Vac. I was skeptical and bought it with the idea that I would take it back if it didn't perform. Boy was I surprised! If you have dogs you HAVE to have one of these!!! My daughter's aussie produces as much hair as both of my aussies so I had to get her one :)

2. Electric foot warmer mat. For that person who works at a computer all day, warm feet equal warm hands!! (I'm a medical transcriptionist). I just bought my mother one who also complains of being cold at the computer, and my sister who just started working at home!

I have purchased for a lot of friends a ceramic chicken steamer from Fleet Farm here in WI. It is a as seen on tv brand by cooks choice. Only cost $5-7

Love mine for making beer can chicken in the oven.

I had the outside metal one where you put the beer can in the middle but it was a pain to try and get the chicken off the thing. This ceramic one it is a breeze.... You just fill the pocket with liquid of choice and put it in a 9x13 pan with a little water in the pan and

love it...

gail

The ceramic baking diish w/lid that Pampered Chef makes. I love that thing! Its wonderful in the oven but just as good inthe microwave. Bought one for myself and then my mother.

1. Swiffer Vac. I was skeptical and bought it with the idea that I would take it back if it didn't perform. Boy was I surprised! If you have dogs you HAVE to have one of these!!! My daughter's aussie produces as much hair as both of my aussies so I had to get her one :)

WHAT Swiffer is it? I thought I had all of them. I really need something that works on dog hair! I have 2 dogs and enough fur to coat 50! I have the regular duster type and one that has solution you spray and then wipe. Is there actually a vac one now?

WHAT Swiffer is it? I thought I had all of them. I really need something that works on dog hair! I have 2 dogs and enough fur to coat 50! I have the regular duster type and one that has solution you spray and then wipe. Is there actually a vac one now?

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Swiffer-Sweeper-Vac-Starter-Kit-1ct/3921875

Its amazing for dog hair, since we have two australian shepherds I use it at least once a day. I even recommended it all of our puppy buyers! LOL

While that looks like a good book, I would be very hesitant to send it to people who have no intention of changing their eating habits and those who might be offended that my gift is telling them how to live their lives.

Part of me would love to send out books on how to manage finances as I have a lot of friends who simply cannot live without some form of CC debt, but unless they express interest, I don't think it is my duty to fix them.

Dawn

"It Starts With Food"

http://whole9life.com/itstartswithfood/

Changed my life. Multiple copies going out for Christmas this year, especially to those I know eat a crappy Standard American diet or struggle with diet-solvable health issues.

Not this year, but last year - the book Ready Player One by Ernie Cline. It's a fantastic romp for anyone who was into the "nerdy" stuff in the 80's - video games, movies - it's full of pop culture references and a really good book. I bought it as Christmas gifts for four or five people I knew would love it.

The open-it. http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=14757910
It is a scissor/knife tool that makes opening all those kid presents a breeze. It even has a little screw driver. It's our favorite gift to give.

15867014757910P.JPG

It looks very nice.

I got a Cuisinart Griddler last Christmas and it is my favorite way to cook. It is a bit expensive although I've seen them for sale on Woot or 1saleaday as refurbished for $40 but I have gotten every penny out of it. I use it at least once every week. It makes terrific hamburgers and grills steaks to perfection! This year I'm asking for the additional waffle plates to make it a waffler too.

My favorite book for kids is Knuffle Bunny, and my daughters love it too. So I bought all the toddlers in my family a set of the books and their very own Knuffle Bunny.

1) Tervis Tumblers

2) Joy Mangano Huggable Hangers - I started with a few and have now converted my whole closet! I had no idea how much I would love them!

Tervis are great, I had DD buy her aunts one last year and we filled them with candy.

1) Tervis Tumblers

2) Joy Mangano Huggable Hangers - I started with a few and have now converted my whole closet! I had no idea how much I would love them!

Had never heard of the Tervis Tumblers so I looked them up. I may invest in these myself. So they really are just as good for hot coffee as they are for iced tea?

The 5 Love Languages: The Secret to Love That Lasts by Gary D Chapman

Since others brought up books and I wouldn't have remembered it because I don't save it for anything, I just give it away. :goodvibes I buy these at yard sales whenever I see them, I can't let this great book sit there. It's totally amazing, it works completely, I have a better marriage after 17 years than ever!!

And thanks so much for the Swiffer vac tip, I've never seen it and I gotta have one!! Walmart won't let me into my cart to check out but it's in there! :thumbsup2

What is that one thing that you have that you love so much that you want to tell the world how much you love it, and buy all of your friends one for Christmas?

We all have that person we just don't know what to give, so I figured I would start this in hopes of finding some great ideas. I will start with two things that I loved so much that I wondered how I ever lived without them, and ended up buying for a family member.

2. Electric foot warmer mat. For that person who works at a computer all day, warm feet equal warm hands!! (I'm a medical transcriptionist). I just bought my mother one who also complains of being cold at the computer, and my sister who just started working at home!

I have a desk job in a warehouse, no office space....I think I need this! LOL

The ceramic baking diish w/lid that Pampered Chef makes. I love that thing! Its wonderful in the oven but just as good inthe microwave. Bought one for myself and then my mother.

I have that as well and OMG I adore it!!! I've only had it a month or so and I've used it so many times for dinner. I haven't used it in the microwave but man I love it for pork chops or chicken breasts in the oven!!

1) Tervis Tumblers

I need to do that with my closet....LOL

Hey, thanks for the great ideas, I love that opener, I may have to try to find one of those!

Well, mine is a toy, and I have given it to a lot of relatives' families. We have had ours for 13 years, and there is seldom a day that goes by that someone in the house doesn't play with it. It is still in nearly like-new condition, too; the thing is indestructible. It can be used indoors or out, stores easily, lasts forever, and will support up to 150 lbs.

It's the Dizzy Disc. It was originally designed as a therapeutic device for disabled kids who have coordination and balance issues, but it is hugely fun. It's a spinner platform that can be set to spin flat or to tilt to different angles so that the child can keep the motion going by leaning into the angle of the spin. They can lie on it, sit on it, kneel on it or stand on it. (My kids even like to use it as a cat toy sometimes -- they put one of the cat's little toy mice on it and give it a spin. The mouse flies off spontaneously and the cat watches intently to see which way it will go so he can pounce on it.)

It unfortunately is not cheap, as it runs about $100 now, but this is one family toy that will outlast every kid in the house, I promise.
http://www.amazon.com/DIZZY-DISC/dp/B0047PSC86/ref=pd_sbs_hpc_5

Had never heard of the Tervis Tumblers so I looked them up. I may invest in these myself. So they really are just as good for hot coffee as they are for iced tea?

I can't speak to hot coffee (don't drink it) so hopefully someone else can. They are AWESOME for cold drinks...don't sweat at all. I would imagine with the insulation they'd be great for hot too. And they have a lifetime warranty!

If you end up wanting to get some, keep an eye on www.beallsflorida.com - they often have 25-30% off sitewide (today they're just at 15% off) and they carry Tervis. That is where I have gotten almost all of mine. They also carry them at Bed Bath & Beyond and you can use their coupons on them.

Diamond Candles. There is a ring in every candle, so it's like two gifts in one. I haven't found a scent I love by them yet, but the anticipation of getting to the ring is fun. I bought one for my sister.

I had a Tervis Tumbler up until this past week when I found out that they don't survive a "tumble" off the counter. :D I loved it, though, for hot and cold drinks. It didn't really hold in the heat, but I liked the size I had. They would make great gifts.

I also love the KCup storage drawer I have and will be buying one for my mom for Christmas. The Keurig sits on top of it. They sell them at Bed Bath & Beyond. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter