I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the nutcracker movie looks kind of weird also but one of my dd’s is a dancer and Misty Copeland is in the movie so this will equal must see for her lol. I think there’s chatter at the dance studio of a group forming to go see opening weekend. So I may not see that one right away if that happens.

Knowing she's in it makes me want to see it more. I didn't think there would really be much dance in it from what I've seen so far.

Yep, HUGE dud. Like you I am super grateful for the 50 points each yesterday LOL

Super glad I signed up for an account just for this. I didn't bother with the football twitter thing last year and had fomo so I didn't want that this time. Haha.

Hello from Richmond! We made it through Michael last night with no damage to our house, but it looks like we'll be several days without power. I already feel like I smell bad...

Good luck! I always hated not being able to shower the most after a hurricane. However, as is tradition, everyone on the block always emptied their freezers and pulled out the grills, so we had a feast for a day.

Dh and I went to see First Man tonight since it just came out. It was okay, but pretty slow and boring at parts. I didn't know going into it that it was more about Neil Armstrong's life than the actual moon landing. There actually was very little footage of them in space. I would've really liked to see his space training and their journey to the moon, but that part was super short and boring. On the positive side, I saw trailers for a lot of movies that looked good that I hadn't seen before AND I got to let Dh experience reclining seats for the first time lol. I took the kids I babysit on Monday to see Smallfoot and we all experienced reclining chairs for the first time. They cost the same price, too! These seats are new at our theater so we were super excited. One of the boys said, "This is going to be the best day ever" lol

Our closest local movie theater is all reclining seats. I am now a movie theater seat Princess. I also love that most of the patrons bring their blankets and throws to watch movies. So, now I keep a Mickey blanket in my car in case we go to a movie.

:offtopic:

In this episode of tell me how to live my life... DCL. We are heading to WDW in July of next year. DH has been adamant for years that he would never do a cruise. Suddenly, he's open to the idea of a land and sea vacation.

:scared1: Me, casually looking up the price of a 4 day DCL cruise.

We have never, ever cruised before. From what j can tell, DCL is at least double if not more than other cruises. Is the Disney difference worth it? Is the land and sea worth it? Maybe we should just extend and spend a few days at the beach?

Of course, I would do some wheeling and dealing to negate the cost of the cruise with CC rewards, GC discounts, Swagbucks, etc. But then again, I could channel that energy into a 'nicer' WDW trip.

We’ve been on 19 Disney cruises. Prior to our first, we had been on one Carnival and one Royal Caribbean cruise. We were fairly convinced that we aren’t cruise people and would never do another. Then, we decided to give DCL a try.

And don't mind Credit Karma's credit card recommendations -- it's essentially advertising and how they make their money.

I was hoping they knew I could get a CSP earlier than my plan.

Hello from Richmond! We made it through Michael last night with no damage to our house, but it looks like we'll be several days without power. I already feel like I smell bad...

Sorry you are without power, but glad you and @havaneselover made it through safely.

We had a little rain and thunder but south of us there was significant flooding and road closures. I'm finished with rain for the rest of this year.

Bright spot to a (literally) dark day- I just finally got Universal tickets to go through on the Chase website!! This was approximately my millionth time trying. I was just sitting waiting for the error screen to come up again when it actually said my trip was booked and gave me my confirmation number! Woohoo!!!

Disney giftcard are all 8% off on BJs website free shipping. I paired it with freedom offer.

Also had good luck using “happy guy” giftcard at HD for a Disney giftcard. Got 20% off that one with stop and shop coupon.

Finished MSR on my Lux. Points already posted! Just got my JetBlue biz - will meet the 1k spend with the Plastiq mastercard promo. DH got approved today. Next step is CIP next month for Dh and a CIC for me after the new year. Then we will both still be at 4/24 and can figure out next move.

Bright spot to a (literally) dark day- I just finally got Universal tickets to go through on the Chase website!! This was approximately my millionth time trying. I was just sitting waiting for the error screen to come up again when it actually said my trip was booked and gave me my confirmation number! Woohoo!!!
Great news!!!!

Our closest local movie theater is all reclining seats. I am now a movie theater seat Princess. I also love that most of the patrons bring their blankets and throws to watch movies. So, now I keep a Mickey blanket in my car in case we go to a movie.

We’ve been on 19 Disney cruises. Prior to our first, we had been on one Carnival and one Royal Caribbean cruise. We were fairly convinced that we aren’t cruise people and would never do another. Then, we decided to give DCL a try.
I definitely could’ve used a blanket last night. It was freezing in there! Dh said he can never go back so I guess we will be driving one town over from now on lol

I got an email last night for my free birthday drink from Starbucks. This morning I was looking and looking and couldn't find it in my account... couldn't find the email (I was looking in the wrong email acct)... so I gave up and used my reward I already had. Just found the email... since when is your birthday drink ONLY good on your birthday? :badpc:
Not cool, it used to be good for a week.

My kids are movie theater seat Princesses. Our closest theater has nice seats too, so we just always go there. Once we went to one that didn't have recliners and now my girls have request we only go to theaters with recliners.

The princesses flew AA once and requested we only fly AA. Of course they flew on a new plane with TV and charge ports as unaccompanied minors and were treated like princesses.

But if they want to continue to go to Disney World every year, they'll just have to settle for SW.

Our local theater has the leather recliners too. LOVE them. They also sell a blanket for $5 LOL, it's thin, but my dd and each have one, and both of them fit in my glovebox. They work well and we take them to every movie, all year long.
Jumping on the MOA talk from yesterday, that mall is local for me (well 50 minutes or so) and we pretty much never go there. Once a year at the most, usually only if someone is in from out of town. It is good for getting in a ton of steps on one of our horrible winter days though.

We pretty much are spoiled movie theater people too! Our AMC is all leather recliners. I am not sure how I ever watched movies any other way. I also love that I can choose our seats online and there is no getting there early just to get good seats. Never saw anyone bring in a blanket to ours but I may have to start the trend here lol!

I decided to use my Amex offer for $10 off $50 for Walmart grocery. The Walmart grocery stores are about a 30 min drive from me but I figured the offer plus using a $10 off first order promo was worth it. $20 off my groceries is pretty good. Also, Walmart grocery is so cheap. Even without the offer I may make this my regular grocery store. Does anyone order from here? Is the produce/meat good quality?
I order regularly. I like the tyson chicken breast cutlets just fine. I also will buy their ground beef. I won't buy their fresh sliced deli meat. Produce has been fine. We eat everything quickly, so no worries about it going bad too fast at my house.

Super confusion yesterday and today with ATT. We have DirectTV that has always billed on the CC at DirectTV until last month, according to DH, it became ATT. So, of course, I had used DH and my $200 AmEx offers so when I was entering the charges, I was totally confused by this ATT charge on DH's CIC and thought they had messed up my Internet payment that I pre-paid with AmEx. After several calls to ATT and Chase and texting DH's everything is fine but I guess I should be glad that our DirectTV bill is separate from our Internet service since I had no problem using the AmEx offer on it. For those with the combined bill, my 800 is different between the two on the Chase statement. I have 331 for the Internet service that credited fine.
oh interesting! Mine are billed together and showed up on the amex as att phone. The credit still hasn't posted. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!