I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for all the tips about MRs. We mostly fly SW since we have CP for all of 2019. Jetblue is second choice so I will keep my eyes open for another 1:1 redemption but I don’t have an immediate need anyways. I guess I could transfer to Marriott or Hilton down the line it just seems like those cards are better earners for those programs anyways (ie i get 4x Marriott with spg biz dining and gas). Maybe I’ll look into Schwab....

That is a sweet deal on AA miles. Since you’re traveling over a holiday I can’t imagine you’ll find Econ flights at saver level of 12.5k. Savers are hard to find any time of year. I’d plan on the flights being AAnytime Level 2 flights (30k each way) and be happy if you find something cheaper. One of the advantage to AAnytime is you can pick your favorite flight from all the flights they have open so you can book any AA flight you want.

https://www.aa.com/i18n/aadvantage-program/miles/redeem/award-travel/flight-award-chart.jsp
If I get an offer like this on our AA flight coming up I'm gonna grab it lol

Question about AA miles...
We just got off an AA flight that offered 60,000 miles with any purchase in 90 days (and paying the $95 fee) plus 500 additional for applying in flight. My husband and I both applied as it seemed like a super deal...hoping that’s the case.
We want to use the miles next thanksgiving. Airline mile redemption is totally new to us...so I’m wondering if the flights around the holidays will be more (pamphlet said 12,500 domestic)??? Also can these points be transferrred to any other airline in case we can’t find what we need? We’d be flying from MDT, ABE or PHL to MCO if that makes any difference.
Second...would would our yearly fee for next year post? Is it one year from when we are approved?
Thanks!
how did you see this offer? was it on wifi or something? I've never flown AA but I have an upcoming flight

You sound better than me. I think the problems/maybe not problems/nobody knows wth is happening, started when Expedia took over for new bookings... Just the fact that you checked in & have been able to print off that you checked in puts you better than I was doing. Did you sign up to Skip The Counter when you checked in?
I think I did...but still unsure if that's available at this place (Maui) I do have the conf. ticket that says we owe nothing extra.....

I finally did the Wal-Mart Grocery $10 off $50 Amex offer. Hopefully it goes through without any issues since I know there were originally problems with it crediting. I never buy groceries from Wal-Mart and didn't order any produce, but I ordered a couple things I know we'll need for Thanksgiving that I can either freeze or will shelf stable until then (hello, cranberry sauce).

Y'all... the Marriott merger has been such a mess.

About 3 hours ago P2 got an email that there were insufficient points in her account for our Dolphin stay (starting tomorrow). I knew that wasn't true, because I redeemed 66k SPG points at the time I booked it in February, and that was the full cost of the trip. For some reason, the reservation ended up in her account only, and it looked like she made the reservation with 0 points.

Long story short, I've been on the phone with Marriott for over 2.5 hours. I've been called a liar for saying I booked under my SPG account. They eventually fulfilled the reservation, but they took away all 140k of P2's Marriott points to do it! It took another hour of sorting that out before they finally resorted her points. It took me sending them the original email confirmation, plus a screenshot of my Marriott account showing the previous SPG number, plus a screenshot of my previous SPG activity, to prove I had booked the account and the points were taken to do it.

What a disaster. I don't understand how this stuff is happening. Dolphin better be awesome.
this makes me sad....and yes the Dolphin is awesome...... I'm wondering how something so big can be done so badly.....

yeah... SPG turned trash after marriott took over... I saw someone with 2.2 million points expire for inactivity as well. he was freaking out... lol
:scared: I never even thought of this! Now I have to go figure out the exp. policies on marriott points!

Frustrating! You might want to call them, maybe they couldn’t verify a piece of information or something along those lines. Alamo is usually pretty quick but last week at MCO the counter lines were long. Good luck!

I found this on the Alamo site also.

————————

How can I "Skip the Counter"?
Many of our top locations offer "Skip the Counter" after you check in online.

Here's how it works:

• When you "Skip the Counter," you don't need to visit the counter or kiosk. You can go straight to your car!
  • This optional service is offered free of charge at select locations in the Online Check-In process. Check if your location qualifies for "Skip the Counter."
  • To "Skip the Counter," you will be required to confirm your protection options, agree to the Rental Agreement Terms & Conditions, and enter a valid credit card. (No charge is made until you return your vehicle.)
  • Certain restrictions apply. View requirements.
hmmm.....my airport is on this list yet my printout says I have to go to counter even tho I did online checkin.....

It’s the current Barclays personal AA offer plus 500 miles. The 500 miles comes from a code from the flight attendants, you get 500 miles & they get something too.
oh boy thanks! I just saw this and think I'm gonna grab one now- is this deal really just one purchase+95 = 60k miles???? why does this sound too good to be true?....ETA...... I'm eyeing this one and the Hawaiian cc deal (60k/1k MSR) but I keep reading that barclays is tough with the apps..... is doing both ridiculous? which is more valuable? I don't know to much about either airaline program at this point but being on the east coast,not sure if Haw. Biz card would be too useful other than a trip to HI at some future point whereas Im sure I could use some AA miles more easily

Last edited:
It's probably already been said here but disney cards at BJs are free shipping. I just ordered one to use up my visa from sb. Almost didn't do it but then rather use the visa for our vacations than our bills :-)

on the UR what do you do to search for universal studios hotels? I haven't had luck trying to pull them up. I'm keeping the CSR just so I can book the hotel for next Dec. Probably should have booked it two weeks ago but just now trying to get it done.

I got that too. They had to cancel my old cert in order to make my booking with the new cert even though I used it in the appropriate category. (The rep warned me about the emails.)
Thanks. No warning from my Rep but she really didn't know how to handle it. I was on hold for about 20 minutes as she worked through it.

It's probably already been said here but disney cards at BJs are free shipping. I just ordered one to use up my visa from sb. Almost didn't do it but then rather use the visa for our vacations than our bills :-)

on the UR what do you do to search for universal studios hotels? I haven't had luck trying to pull them up. I'm keeping the CSR just so I can book the hotel for next Dec. Probably should have booked it two weeks ago but just now trying to get it done.
I’ve seen universal hotels on my CSR when I search for hotels in Orlando

how did you see this offer? was it on wifi or something? I've never flown AA but I have an upcoming flight

On both legs of our AA flight (MDT to CLT and CLT to MSY), they announced right before landing about the offer. They walked around and handed them out to whoever wanted one. It’s funny because when they first came on and said 60,000 miles my husband is like get it. I said I’m sure it’s atleast a $1000 spend to get the miles (which at this point would be a stretch). When they said any purchase, we decided to both go for it.
The offer is till 10/31 so if you’re flying by then, there’s a chance you’ll get offered. We fly home on 10/31 so I’m interested to see if they’ll still be pushing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter