I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, harvest runs from August through October. Several wineries will even let you help crush their grapes for a price. It does get pretty crowded around crush, again especially during the weekends. I guess when I'm thinking lower crowds, I'm thinking November. Or Napa Valley has just gotten ridiculously more crowded in recent years? We don't go up as often as we used to since we have a little one. Chandon is a beautiful property, and I love their sparkling wines. We used to just swing by and order a tasting flight and cheese plate and take in the views. And I'm guessing you visited Castello di Amorosa? Beautiful! Tours and tasting experiences should always be booked well in advance. I'll throw in a recommendation for the tasting experience at HALL Rutherford for next time or others visiting Napa in the future. HALL has probably the most beautiful tasting room in the valley with a vine root chandelier adorned with Swarovski crystals. Their wine is good too. Good luck with the Yosemite camp lottery! That's serious competition.

Any recommendations for wine country besides wine tasting? It looks like dh and I might be going for the weekend for our anniversary and I don't drink.

Sorry to ask again but how do I keep trackof that free night(don't have any yet) would that be on my card upcoming anniversary? so I should expect to see that in my acct when it passes? I have two cards in my name,diff acct dates- so I should have two diff nights dropped in at those times? (and good for year?) what's the best way to see what hotels in that category are even available? ---ETA---- If I opened my SPG biz last March, will I get a free night on this one? OR no? what's the open date for getting the free night?
You should be able to see any certificate
in your account, on either website or app. Screenshots from Marriott app
209CD3B4-0AF1-40DB-B9A6-2C5EB0CDFCE6.pngF1A60A3E-04BE-4D74-8BBB-ABFDF67D770C.png

Any recommendations for wine country besides wine tasting? It looks like dh and I might be going for the weekend for our anniversary and I don't drink.

The wineries are beautiful - whether you drink or not. I would still consider touring them, even if you don't do a tasting. In Napa, the Oxbow market is a fun place to visit + theres a Culinary Institute next door that offers cooking classes. https://www.ciaatcopia.com/classes/copia-class-calendar/

Sure thing!

BTW, what car rental agency did you use in CR, and were you happy with it? I still haven't decided how we're getting around once we land at Liberia.

I used Adobe and linked through this blog for a small discount - https://www.twoweeksincostarica.com/costa-rica-rental-car-discount/

I was very happy with them. There is a mandatory liability insurance imposed in Costa Rica and it makes rentals pricey. Additionally, I had to bring a letter from Chase stating that I had collision coverage via the CSR. See the FAQ's on the above blog where they go into details.

Nice to have a GPS there as some of the roads aren't marked well. They gave us a free cooler to use as well as a free cell phone.

If you're staying in one place all week and not running around, you may want to think about using a shared shuttle to get from the airport to your hotel. Would probably cost less than a rental.

Have fun!

The wineries are beautiful - whether you drink or not. I would still consider touring them, even if you don't do a tasting. In Napa, the Oxbow market is a fun place to visit + theres a Culinary Institute next door that offers cooking classes. https://www.ciaatcopia.com/classes/copia-class-calendar/

Editing to add . . . there is a nice biking trail that will take you out to the wineries from the Napa area. You could also do a hot air balloon ride. Someone said this is most beautiful in November when the leaves begin to change colors.

I used Adobe and linked through this blog for a small discount - https://www.twoweeksincostarica.com/costa-rica-rental-car-discount/

I was very happy with them. There is a mandatory liability insurance imposed in Costa Rica and it makes rentals pricey. Additionally, I had to bring a letter from Chase stating that I had collision coverage via the CSR. See the FAQ's on the above blog where they go into details.

Nice to have a GPS there as some of the roads aren't marked well. They gave us a free cooler to use as well as a free cell phone.

If you're staying in one place all week and not running around, you may want to think about using a shared shuttle to get from the airport to your hotel. Would probably cost less than a rental.

Have fun!

Costa Rica was my favorite vacation. I felt completely safe traveling with DM. We used private ride to get back and forth to the airport. I wasn’t brave enough to drive there and to say the roads were poorly marked would be an understatement. DM and I did a private tour to the hanging bridges in Monteverdi. I didn’t want her to feel as though she had to keep up with a group. We also did private snorkeling that was well worth the expense. They took extra time to take care of Mom. We didn’t use it at all but there is a decent bus service to get around. I’m hoping to go back in winter 2020.

Will purchasing a Saks gift card online trigger the $50 credit for the AmEx Plat? If not, I guess I’ll meet the $99 spend with Vineyard Vines for DS to get free shipping. No convenient Saks to go to the store.

Will purchasing a Saks gift card online trigger the $50 credit for the AmEx Plat? If not, I guess I’ll meet the $99 spend with Vineyard Vines for DS to get free shipping. No convenient Saks to go to the store.

It appears so: https://www.reddit.com/r/churning/comments/9l9s7v/comment/e77vu15?st=JNSRMDFB&sh=1c185be2 (the rest of the comment is in reference to an above post whether a GrubHub eGC might credit on the Gold).

Take it FWIW. I haven’t seen any other DPs whether an online Saks eGC credits or not because the minimum GC denomination online is $150, whereas you can buy a $50 GC in-store, and most folks on churning don’t want to spend more money at Saks than they need to use this benefit.

Please let us know if it works for you!

On the $120 Amex dining credit, is it $10 every calendar month or every statement?

Calendar month.

It appears so: https://www.reddit.com/r/churning/comments/9l9s7v/comment/e77vu15?st=JNSRMDFB&sh=1c185be2 (the rest of the comment is in reference to an above post whether a GrubHub eGC might credit on the Gold).

Take it FWIW. I haven’t seen any other DPs whether an online Saks eGC credits or not because the minimum GC denomination online is $150, whereas you can buy a $50 GC in-store, and most folks on churning don’t want to spend more money at Saks than they need to use this benefit.

Please let us know if it works for you!.

Thanks! I didn’t even think to check the GC amounts that are available. I was only looking to spend the $50 credit. Just remembered I saw a benefit with the Plat for free shop runner which was available to use at Saks so it looks like I am going to go that route and DS will get a couple of Vineyard Vines shirts.

I bought a blouse & a pair of tights from Saks. When I checked my statement, the items I bought were listed next to that charge. So, my guess is that Amex would know what you bought if you buy it online. They might not have that information if you purchase in a store.

What would you use you MRs for? I’m having a hard time finding a good value for mine.
Some of mine will go to Delta & the rest will go to Hyatt.

I bought a blouse & a pair of tights from Saks. When I checked my statement, the items I bought were listed next to that charge. So, my guess is that Amex would know what you bought if you buy it online. They might not have that information if you purchase in a store.

Regarding MR's: do you know offhand what the transfer rate is to Hyatt?

Thanks. Ended up ordering DS 2 shirts since I could get free shipping via Shoprunner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter