I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Second statement cut on Amex SPG Lux on the 24th. I just chatted with them curious about the transfer...rep states they were sent to Marriott and just waiting for them to add them to my account. This is the 4th answer I have had in regards to the issue, in which all the answers have been different. I still have no points in my Marriott account from this card (regular spend and the 100k bonus). I'm very frustrated. Looking to possibly get a room at Swan/Dolphin post cruise and would like to book.

Second statement cut on Amex SPG Lux on the 24th. I just chatted with them curious about the transfer...rep states they were sent to Marriott and just waiting for them to add them to my account. This is the 4th answer I have had in regards to the issue, in which all the answers have been different. I still have no points in my Marriott account from this card (regular spend and the 100k bonus). I'm very frustrated. Looking to possibly get a room at Swan/Dolphin post cruise and would like to book.

hope this helps.
Amex Luxury card --> (Next Closing Date Nov 16).
10/21/2018 Spg Ax Base Spend Luxury +6,400 Points

Is this a new spg for you not an upgrade? My new biz points took forever and it was during the merger in August.

Bought my 1st Happy card yesterday when I was at Kroger’s (4xfuel pnts) with AMEX gold. Heading over to HD to get Disney GCs. If I get 2 x $50 (also getting a space heater) and pay at self serve with Happy am I going to have to show an ID?
Went to HD today to get the GC's and they were out of Disney:( and the space heater was only $20 so I have $230 in Happy Guy.

That hotel looks beautiful and the views are nice. I was told that during rainy season, you still have nice sunny mornings. The rain tends to come in the afternoons. So even if you have rain, I bet you'll still get lots of sun too. Would you report back after? We would like to go back at some point and want to file as much info away as possible.

I have been looking at this hotel for possibly a spring break trip. You'll have to give us a report when you get back!

I found this review of the place by a family with 3 kids. I'm excited for it.

https://travelbabbo.com/hotel-punta-islita-costa-rica/

Question to you credit card experts - I have a Chase Sapphire Reserve card that is up for renewal in December. I signed up during the 100,000 point promotion a couple of years ago. I've used up most of those points on airfare, plus the ones that I've earned since. I'm trying to decide if it will be worth it to pay the $450 annual fee again. Yes, I'll easily use the $300 travel credit so the fee is really only $150/year. My DH and I do use the Priority Pass perk when we fly, about four times a year. I'm also aware of Chase's travel protection perk. We do not eat out a huge amount but do travel some so we accrue a decent amount of UR points but nothing super huge. If I cancel this card can I move the UR points that I still have (about 14,0000) to another Chase card? Honestly my grand plan was to sign up for Southwest cards again to get to Companion Pass level, but they've ruined that with the no double dipping on personal cards. I don't have a business and I'm retired so I cannot get a business card to go with.

If you are straight transferring your points to United, SW etc and booked only award flights then it would make sense to consider product changing to a CSP. However, if you are purchasing flights and hotels with points via the UR portal you may not want to do that. The amount of points you save by purchasing with a CSR at 1.5 cpp over CSP at 1.25 cpp may well cover not just the $55 fee difference but the whole $150.

If you have no plans to purchase travel through the UR portal anymore and are good with cash back and the points being worth 1 cpp then product change to to a Freedom to keep the UR points.

Last edited:
There are so many informative posts on this thread. My question: How does one “save” these to go back to for reference, other than liking the posts?

There are so many informative posts on this thread. My question: How does one “save” these to go back to for reference, other than liking the posts?
You can bookmark an individual post in the browser. Click on the post number (or the post time on mobile) and it'll link directly to that post on the page, once that's open you can use the browser's bookmark/favorite option to save it.

I do that as sometimes there's additional chatter around the topic in the pages around it so I can refresh my memory. Just an option for you.

I’m at 4/24: CFU, Disney, CIC, Bank Card ( I will drop 2 of those off, Bank Card and Disney in the next 4 months)
P2 is 3/24: CSP, CF, Disney
We got into this whole thing, very recently, to use UR to book Disney vacations, but never got the chance.
Now, with all the negativity regarding Expedia, it seems I’m souring on Chase for the time being.
I have two offers in my name.
Capital One Savor-1 time $500 with 4% cash back dining/entertainment, 2% grocery stores(not WM, etc.)
AF $95 waived the first year, 3k spend in 3 mos.
Expires 11/3
Amex Luxury - 125k bonus with 6X pts at SPG and MR hotels, 3X restaurants and flights booked directly, 2X everything else
$450 AF, $300 statement credit, Annual Free night, Gold Elite Status(no idea what that means), 5k in 3 mos.
Expires 12/7
We tend to eat out a lot since older two are off at college and plan to do something fairly big for our anniversary this summer. Other than that, we usually go to Disney once or twice a year.
We are easily awed. To us, POR is luxury. When we bring the whole fam, we usually stay offsite to save. I am very frugal by nature, so we usually fly Frontier or Allegiant, but am open to others. Allegiant flies out of our small airport, while Frontier and SW are about 2-3 hours away.
What would you do?
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Afternoon DISchurners...I have a non-Disney award travel question for you.

I've been planning a tentative trip to England. I've been before but mostly stuck to London, and I'd really like to go to Stratford-Upon-Avon, Stonehenge, Oxford, maybe Liverpool if we can get enough time off, in addition to hitting some of the highlights in London again. If anyone has done a trip like this, would you say it would be better to be based out of London for 3-4 day trips, or to travel from town to town, e.g. London to Oxford to Stratford to Bath? Especially interested to hear which strategy would be best if we are trying to stay at hotels mostly on points.

We may switch it up and do Japan instead that year, since that would be harder to do with kids in the future, but wanted to know what the experts think!

@Artygal90 we love that part of England! DH lived there for a few years and I have long-term visited that area quite a bit. Most recently we went back for a visit last August with our kids and stayed a bit in London and then traveled a bit out to the smaller towns you are talking about (Stratford-Upon-Avon was our main shopping/eating/etc town when we lived over there). We found it much easier to just rent a car and stay in hotels outside of London for that part instead of dealing with traffic trying to come back in and out of the city, we thought we would end up losing a lot of time that way. We found the Holiday Inn chain pretty accessible over there (maybe all IHG but I only remember seeing HIs), and VERY well priced with UR through the portal (although I realize it could be different now after the big change). If I recall correctly, they did not necessarily have HIE which we prefer in the states because it includes breakfast, but the Holiday Inn we stayed at included breakfast and it was a proper cooked English breakfast, much to the delight of DH! Hope that helps!

I’m at 4/24: CFU, Disney, CIC, Bank Card ( I will drop 2 of those off, Bank Card and Disney in the next 4 months)
We got into this whole thing, very recently, to use UR to book Disney vacations, but never got the chance.
Now, with all the negativity regarding Expedia, it seems I’m souring on Chase for the time being.
Capital One Savor-1 time $500 with 4% cash back dining/entertainment, 2% grocery stores(not WM, etc.)
Expires 11/3
Amex Luxury - 125k bonus with 6X pts at SPG and MR hotels, 3X restaurants and flights booked directly, 2X everything else
$450 AF, $300 statement credit, Annual Free night, Gold Elite Status(no idea what that means), 5k in 3 mos.
Expires 12/7
We tend to eat out a lot since older two are off at college and plan to do something fairly big for our anniversary this summer. Other than that, we usually go to Disney once or twice a year.
We are easily awed. To us, POR is luxury. When we bring the whole fam, we usually stay offsite to save. I am very frugal by nature, so we usually fly Frontier or Allegiant, but am open to others. Allegiant flies out of our small airport, while Frontier and SW are about 2-3 hours away.
What would you do?
Thanks in advance.
You're actually at 3/24 since your CIC doesn't report to your personal credit report, so it won't count towards 5/24.

Would you consider the Swan and Dolphin for Disney? That could work for the SPG Lux card but standard award nights are 50k so the sign up from one card would only get about 2 nights. However if off site is fine, there's a nearby Marriott village you could points price. It's got 3 properties in one space that share some amenities. That should stretch the sign up further.
The Lux makes sense if you would for sure spend cash at a Stariott since the $300 credit is only on property. Otherwise (or in addition to ;)) the SPG Biz has a 100k sign up for a few more days for only a $95 AF waived for the first year.

Expires 11/3
Expires 12/7
What would you do?
Thanks in advance.

if ur done with chase, i would venture into Amex MR cards... Gold/Rose Gold card could work. 4x on dining, 4x on groceries... you can get a BBP which is 2x on everything...

If your into Disney, i think u can still book stuff with TYP points. TYP points are harder to earn though, but 1 sign up bonus is 40k-60k. With the prestige card rumored to have a 5x dining category, it might build up quick for u, book disney packages with those before u move on to the next card line...

I wasn't sure I should post this here or on the gift card thread. Has anyone with CF or Discover It maxed out their wholesale club category with Disney gift cards? I'm considering maxing it out with my Discover It to take advantage of the 8% off at BJ's (online) + 5% category + 5% for my first year with the card. The only thing that's holding me back is the fact that I could be using the card for 5% off on Amazon for holiday shopping in the next couple months, but I'm leaning towards the gift cards since there's no guarantee I'll purchase enough on Amazon to max it out... Decisions decisions....

Afternoon DISchurners...I have a non-Disney award travel question for you.

I've been planning a tentative trip to England. I've been before but mostly stuck to London, and I'd really like to go to Stratford-Upon-Avon, Stonehenge, Oxford, maybe Liverpool if we can get enough time off, in addition to hitting some of the highlights in London again. If anyone has done a trip like this, would you say it would be better to be based out of London for 3-4 day trips, or to travel from town to town, e.g. London to Oxford to Stratford to Bath? Especially interested to hear which strategy would be best if we are trying to stay at hotels mostly on points.

We may switch it up and do Japan instead that year, since that would be harder to do with kids in the future, but wanted to know what the experts think!
We did the UK last year, I will try to remember to comment tomorrow when I am on my desktop and not on my phone

I wasn't sure I should post this here or on the gift card thread. Has anyone with CF or Discover It maxed out their wholesale club category with Disney gift cards? I'm considering maxing it out with my Discover It to take advantage of the 8% off at BJ's (online) + 5% category + 5% for my first year with the card. The only thing that's holding me back is the fact that I could be using the card for 5% off on Amazon for holiday shopping in the next couple months, but I'm leaning towards the gift cards since there's no guarantee I'll purchase enough on Amazon to max it out... Decisions decisions....
I have done $800 on Discover so far. Waiting to finish buying gifts to see how much I spend on Amazon then use any remaining for Disney GCs at either Sam’s or BJs. Using CF for all Costco purchases.

I have done $800 on Discover so far. Waiting to finish buying gifts to see how much I spend on Amazon then use any remaining for Disney GCs at either Sam’s or BJs. Using CF for all Costco purchases.
I think I'm just torn because the BJ's gift card offer ends 10/31, so I'm trying to figure out if I should buy more to finish the Discover category, or wait and see how holiday shopping goes for Amazon. I might just bite the bullet and do it, because the 8% before the card bonus is better than what I've been able to get elsewhere. I'm also trying to figure out if I should use the Shop Rite 10x Chase Pay bonus on the CF for more gift cards before 10/31... I should've planned this out better before the end of the month! :rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter