• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you guys think? We eat out probably more than we should (Life with busy kids and working crazy schedules!) Am I better off using my 4x dining with SPG biz or 3x CSR?

Also thinking my next move. What do you think for grocery spending? That’s the only category not really covered on any of my cards. I have some MRs but not convinced they will have as much value for us as it would for others. My kids are 8 and 12 so we just started traveling further distances but prob not abroad. Def considering Aruba, Mexico or the Caribbean in the near future.

ETA: cards I have - CSR, Freedom reg, Freedom unlimited, marriot, cIp, BGR, Biz green, spg Lux, spg biz, jetblue biz, venture cap one

Last edited:
Me too exactly, including last night.

I have trouble staying asleep. I'm usually up at 3. I always curse this site when it goes down for routine maintenance in the middle of the night. I read old threads as time killers.

Then I go back to sleep an hour before my alarm. :scared:

Regarding those rose gold ears @Albort posted - It's my mission to track down a pair this trip. I've never been able to find them in the parks yet!

I recently got the Delta AmEx personal Platinum,and I have had the Delta gold Am Ex for a few years. The last time the AF posted for the Gold (was sometime earlier this summer) I got a retention offer so I know there won't be another one coming. My question is when should I cancel the Gold card? Seems like there is no point keeping it any longer since I have the Platinum and we can't save AmEx offers to multiple cards.

Is there any benefit to keeping the Gold open or just cancel it before the next AF hits? If it matters I've had the Gold for 3-4 years.

I have trouble staying asleep. I'm usually up at 3. I always curse this site when it goes down for routine maintenance in the middle of the night. I read old threads as time killers.

Regarding those rose gold ears @Albort posted - It's my mission to track down a pair this trip. I've never been able to find them in the parks yet!

I'm right there with you. 4AM is my magical wake-up time. Don't they know some of us need something to read in the middle of the night????

For the longest time I just thought my internet wasn’t working lol. Sometimes I just stay up that late and it’s so upsetting when I go to check the dis and remember that I can’t.

What do you guys think? We eat out probably more than we should (Life with busy kids and working crazy schedules!) Am I better off using my 4x dining with SPG biz or 3x CSR?

Also thinking my next move. What do you think for grocery spending? That’s the only category not really covered on any of my cards. I have some MRs but not convinced they will have as much value for us as it would for others. My kids are 8 and 12 so we just started traveling further distances but prob not abroad. Def considering Aruba, Mexico or the Caribbean in the near future.

ETA: cards I have - CSR, Freedom reg, Freedom unlimited, marriot, cIp, BGR, Biz green, spg Lux, spg biz, jetblue biz, venture cap one

Between the SPG biz and CSR I'd choose CSR. But then again, that is because I value the points for airline transfers. 60,000 SPG points will get me 25,000 airline miles (5k bonus with every 20K transfer) so I'd have to spend $15,000 in dining at 4x to get 25K miles. The same amount of spend at 3X with the CSR gets me 45,000 airline miles.

Currently I am using the Rose gold Amex for dining and groceries, both categories at 4x. The Everyday or Everday Preferred might be a good option or if you like cash back the Amex Blue Cash Preferred may be a good choice.

I recently got the Delta AmEx personal Platinum,and I have had the Delta gold Am Ex for a few years. The last time the AF posted for the Gold (was sometime earlier this summer) I got a retention offer so I know there won't be another one coming. My question is when should I cancel the Gold card? Seems like there is no point keeping it any longer since I have the Platinum and we can't save AmEx offers to multiple cards.

Is there any benefit to keeping the Gold open or just cancel it before the next AF hits? If it matters I've had the Gold for 3-4 years.

You can downgrade the blue Delta Amex. No AF and 2x on dining.

Between the SPG biz and CSR I'd choose CSR. But then again, that is because I value the points for airline transfers. 60,000 SPG points will get me 25,000 airline miles (5k bonus with every 20K transfer) so I'd have to spend $15,000 in dining at 4x to get 25K miles. The same amount of spend at 3X with the CSR gets me 45,000 airline miles.

Currently I am using the Rose gold Amex for dining and groceries, both categories at 4x. The Everyday or Everday Preferred might be a good option or if you like cash back the Amex Blue Cash Preferred may be a good choice.
Good point. And I like the transfer options with Chase better though I’ve been toying with the idea of downgrading my CSR.

Def interested in the Rose gold or Everyday preferred too. I need to set my sites on a certain redemption and I think it will be a clearer decision.

Got my rose gold Amex today too! Ridiculous waste of packaging for the main user. An envelope would suffice.

I made it through the week. I now have 9 glorious days ahead of me where I don't have to go to work. Thank goodness. :dogdance:

@GlamMistress , your name implies that a boring envelope would not be glamorous enough for you. :P

I broke down today and paid the $10 for an online membership for gift cards at BJ’s. Anyone know if I am ok to use my Amex to help meet minimum spend? If there is a risk of it not counting I will just use Discover/Freedom.

Last edited:

I would use the CSR for dining over SPG. I value UR's over SPG points.

For groceries, I currently use the Amex Blue Cash Everyday. It's 3% cash back on groceries. It has no annual fee. There is also a Blue Cash Preferred. It earns 6% cash back on groceries (up to 6k annually in groceries). The annual fee is $95. I had the Preferred for several years and pretty much maxed out the 6k every year, earning $360 in cash back. Then i began this CC churning hobby, and I now have a constant MSR to meet, which means I was no longer using the Amex BCP as much. I felt it was no longer worth the annual fee so I dropped to the BCE.

All this talk of AMC Theaters! Did you know that you could be earning at least 5 United miles per dollar spent on AMC GCs on the MPX app? Occasionally more during holiday promotions. +25% bonus miles if you’re a MileagePlus credit cardholder. You can purchase AMC GCs in exact amounts almost instantly after you get your total due at the ticket booth and concession stand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter