I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone been to The Club at PHX? Looks like it is Terminal 4 which I hope is where our SW will be leaving out of but wondering if it is worth making time for.

Did I read somewhere that we will be able to transfer MR's to marriott 1:1 after 8/1? Or did I dream that lol??

I know it'll transfer into the new Starriott program. I got notice that the MR terms were changing so that transfers to SPG would be 1:1 in 1000 point increments after 8/1 instead of the 1000:333 currently. So I guess it depends on how quickly they combine the SPG and Marriott accounts for when you can go straight to Marriott points without an intra-transfer (MR>SPG>Marriott).

@wendow It looks like the Fire HD 8 will be $49.99 during Prime Day next week.

I have an offer running right now for that price if I use Amex MR's.

I was looking at these for the grandkids as the Samsung they are using doesn't stay charged very long. They watch you tube nursery rhymes and songs in the car.

Ugh, the CSR funding with TD didn’t go through. It says to go in branch but I’m going to try transferring funds first.

I have an offer running right now for that price if I use Amex MR's.

I was looking at these for the grandkids as the Samsung they are using doesn't stay charged very long. They watch you tube nursery rhymes and songs in the car.

You should consider waiting for Amazon to drop Fire prices on Prime Day to use that MR points offer. There’s a kids version of the Fire 8 with a sturdy blue/pink/yellow case that’s really popular for the little ones.

I just called the Chase status line to check on my Marriott Premier Plus application from yesterday and after I put in my SSN, I was transferred to a person! :scared1: All she did was ask for my my SSN again and verify the address on the application, then told me it was still pending and it can take from 2 weeks up to 30 days for a decision, but it was still a bit unnerving. Has this happened to anyone else when calling the status line, or am I just “lucky?”

You should consider waiting for Amazon to drop Fire prices on Prime Day to use that MR points offer. There’s a kids version of the Fire 8 with a sturdy blue/pink/yellow case that’s really popular for the little ones.

Yes. And the new HD 10 that came out yesterday has an offer right now as well for 2 for $299.00. With the sturdy case. That's actually what I'm looking at. Not sure the prime day offer would go lower than that?

Editing to add: 2 are necessary. 2 years old don't share well even if they are somewhat computer literate. The old Samsung has an excellent kids case as it has kept the thing alive despite it being thrown several times. Yesterday I had to fish it out from under the bed also. Daughter did buy a cheaper fire and it disappeared somewhere. I think we may have left it in a hotel somewhere.

read a mms article today about barclaycard arrival or Captitol One venture for quick easy statement credit for travel..... either of those worth branching into? For random travel expenses etc? SInce I'm mostly maxed at Chase, and focused for a while on Hilton (for some upcoming stays) and always looking for the next 'thing' to occupy my spending and build some usable points.... as noted I'm either considering gettings into MR's (just for the great offers,minimal accrual) or maybe one of hte above,for generic spending? Or am I just better off with my 3x UR for travel CSR anyway for generic,and 1.5xUR for all else?
I've had my Capital one venture card for quite a while. Some people don't like the fact that they pull from all bureaus. Other than that, it is very easy to use. The travel categories aren't as broad as Chase, for example, parking at the airport is not coded as travel. I like it for my car rentals. I think Barclaycard works very similar but you get a rebate of points at a certain threshold.

And adding to my previous post about tablets for toddlers, the 'other' kids learning toys are as expensive but not as versatile as a tablet. Oldest grand daughter goes on the tablet and repeats her colors, numbers, letters over and ever for a good amount of time with no prompting, plus she is learning in two languages. Youngest grand wants in on the action but doesn't have the computer skills the older one has mastered - both can navigate pretty well though for their ages. I still have more 'spend' left on my Marriott Biz so this could almost finish it off.

:o, i may have to start MSin that route again...

its a nice little profit for every card. it was great with the 1% on ebates, which they offer with master card now, but I haven't gotten my orders to track. I'm trying to scale this and max two CIP's with it, but Giftcards.com will randomly cancel my orders so I keep having to make a new account. I may move onto Giftcardmall when they cancel my next order.

I just called the Chase status line to check on my Marriott Premier Plus application from yesterday and after I put in my SSN, I was transferred to a person! :scared1: All she did was ask for my my SSN again and verify the address on the application, then told me it was still pending and it can take from 2 weeks up to 30 days for a decision, but it was still a bit unnerving. Has this happened to anyone else when calling the status line, or am I just “lucky?”

I've read on here that it can happen. I would hang up in shock!

In other news, I finally was booked for my 4 night timeshare package through Sheraton vacations.

When I paid my $269 for 4 nights/5days in a one bedroom at Vistana Villages, it was around early March and they said I had to wait until June to book for next year.

They kept calling me back and asking if I wanted to come sooner. No. It's hot in Florida and you are not on the beach! I wanted January before my DVC stay. They sent me a confirmation for my 4 nights.

I elected also to get 5K Starwood points instead of a $100 Planet Hollywood gift card. (This is the point I think where they ask you to do the tour). Otherwise there is no mention of sitting through a presentation. I may forget about those points.

DP on Reddit that giftcardmall codes as 3x with the CIP. I use giftcards.com and get 3x, but maybe I’ll use this too. It’s super easy to get MOs with these cards because they can have your name on them.

What’s the max balance per card and fee/shipping?

After the merge, there still won't be a way to transfer UR to Alaska Air that isn't a terrible redemption, right? Right now, you can transfer to Marriott and then convert to SPG at 3:1, so that's no good, even with the transfer bonus. My understanding is this is the way it will stay. I'm still trying to decide whether to get a Marriott package with Alaska or Virgin miles for an upcoming trip to Japan, so I guess I still won't have a good option to add to my Alaska miles using UR.

You'll all be happy to know I've created a spreadsheet to weigh my options. I'd rather get Alaska miles because they're more versatile if plans change in the next year. But because I can transfer UR to Virgin I'll have a much easier time reaching the amount of miles I'll need to book two tickets. I have almost enough Marriott points for two packages, and I can buy SPG points to top off the Marriott account, but I don't think I want to deplete them all. I'd rather get one package and save the rest of the points for other uses later. I don't currently have MR earning cards, and I'm not planning on opening anything for a while. This is so hard.

Your husband just got two cards. As far as Chase or Amex knows, you didn’t apply for any new cards recently.

I was thinking that! But I'm also thinking perhaps I should get my own AMEX P or have him refer me to Chase in a year... and I don't want to pick up too many of those minimum spends... I'll have to revisit this when the offer comes up.

After the merge, there still won't be a way to transfer UR to Alaska Air that isn't a terrible redemption, right? Right now, you can transfer to Marriott and then convert to SPG at 3:1, so that's no good, even with the transfer bonus. My understanding is this is the way it will stay. I'm still trying to decide whether to get a Marriott package with Alaska or Virgin miles for an upcoming trip to Japan, so I guess I still won't have a good option to add to my Alaska miles using UR.

You'll all be happy to know I've created a spreadsheet to weigh my options. I'd rather get Alaska miles because they're more versatile if plans change in the next year. But because I can transfer UR to Virgin I'll have a much easier time reaching the amount of miles I'll need to book two tickets. I have almost enough Marriott points for two packages, and I can buy SPG points to top off the Marriott account, but I don't think I want to deplete them all. I'd rather get one package and save the rest of the points for other uses later. I don't currently have MR earning cards, and I'm not planning on opening anything for a while. This is so hard.

Marriott to Alaska is still the same coming from SPG. 60k --> 25k Alaska miles.
ever since cathay pacific redemption went nonexistent, id kinda held off doing the N&F package.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter