I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m 4/24, and I haven’t decided what to do with my final slot (maybe Marriott or United, or double dip both, before getting the SPG Lux if I even can?). I’m laying low on Chase for a while and in a holding pattern to see what comes out in August.

DW is 2/24, but I think we’ll pass on the Marriott 100k offer for her. If DoC’s rumor is believed, holding Marriott card or receiving a Marriott bonus in the past 24 months would preclude her from the SPG Lux. (But holding a SPG card or receiving a SPG bonus in the past 24 months won’t preclude you from the SPG Lux or a Marriott card, except that a SPG consumer card will add to */24?) I guess this only matters if you’re planning to go for the $450 AF SPG Lux and are willing to gamble that the signup offer will be as good or better than the Marriott Premier Plus. DW doesn’t have either the Marriott Biz or personal card, and we’ll keep it that way for now. Besides, a new Marriott Biz is supposed to be released 8/26, and that might be another opportunity to pick up a big signup bonus after we know what’s up with the SPG Lux and Marriott Premier Plus.

So,

7/12 - Marriott Premier Plus 100k offer ends

July - Rumored SW Premium card is coming out

8/1 - SPG Lux releases

8/9 - Existing SPG cardmembers can upgrade to the SPG Lux?

8/26 - Marriott Business Premier Plus releases (with upgrade options/bonus offers for existing Marriott Biz cardholders?)

Seems to me like lots of opportunity to rack up some Starriott points in the coming month(s). I’m also pretty sure the Marriott 100k offer will come around again, or perhaps a lower points offer with the first year AF waived (but will we still be under 5/24 then?).

For us, we’re deep in slogging through our Hilton Biz MSRs this month and probably into next. In August, we’ll be looking at signing DW up for the CIU or the SPG Lux, or both. And for me, if I’m precluded from the SPG Lux because I got the Marriott Biz and bonus, then my next Amex credit card will be the BBP, which won’t add to my 4/24, get me 2x MR everywhere, and finally a no AF MR card to hold my points. Lots of other cards to keep us busy!
Thank you for the list!!!! Here I am mourning the end of my swolphin days...and there might be some more fun to be had with points coming up! I will be watching carefully for opportunities! No marriott cards yet for us, but I have both SPg products already.... BTW- what's BBP? I've been possibly eyeing an amex MR card for a while just for offers etc.

read a mms article today about barclaycard arrival or Captitol One venture for quick easy statement credit for travel..... either of those worth branching into? For random travel expenses etc? SInce I'm mostly maxed at Chase, and focused for a while on Hilton (for some upcoming stays) and always looking for the next 'thing' to occupy my spending and build some usable points.... as noted I'm either considering gettings into MR's (just for the great offers,minimal accrual) or maybe one of hte above,for generic spending? Or am I just better off with my 3x UR for travel CSR anyway for generic,and 1.5xUR for all else?

The way @miztressuz has described it is correct. @DaveL did it that way. It's something to do with the deposit already being paid with Disney so when you transfer it to Chase, they're now just following Disney's rules of final payment being made at 45 days out. I haven't done it personally, but I know @DaveL has with no problems. If you book directly with Chase, no matter whether it's Disney or other travel, all URs must be paid at the time of booking.

I'm planning to book a bounceback in November and am going to transfer that into Chase, but book the other reservations I need directly with Chase and just pay them with URs then since I'll have enough. Then I'll finish accruing the URs I need and pay off the transferred reservation.

I have some posts over on the Dis links site about all this, I mean come on you know that already right? :rotfl2: I added my tips from my trip, but what I did was booked a bounce back offer and then moved it to Chase. I just paid the $200 and waited until about 40 days out to make sure I had time to get it paid before the 30day cutoff and by then I had all the points needed. Just know what you expect the amount to be ahead of time, I don't think their system shows them all the info as she didn't account for my $200 deposit so once I reminded her she looked at another screen and saw that and made the adjustment in points.

I think I had a rep that was doing this for the first time. When I called and said I wanted to transfer my Disney reservation she was like I don’t think I can do that. I had to say yes you can and she then put me on hold and called someone. I really didn’t want to fight her on when the final payment was due since I had all the points anyway, so no big deal.

Ok, Plastiq pros need help. I need my check to made out to Commissioners of xxx but the mail to is Collections Office. How do I set this up in Plastiq so I can get my county real estate taxes paid.

On my Amex accounts this morning and noticed a good Amex Offer:

buybuy BABY
Spend $25 or more, get $5 back
Expires 9/3/2018

buybuy BABY sells gift cards, right?

ETA: Got this on my MB Plat, PRG, and DW's SPG Biz; negative on my SPG cards or our Hilton cards.

I'm sure they do just as Bed Bath and Beyond does.

Just an FYI, if you shop at BBB, they send those % off coupons which are not good on gift cards, but once some of us get in the store we start shopping for our grand kids even when they don't need a thing.....

Ok, Plastiq pros need help. I need my check to made out to Commissioners of xxx but the mail to is Collections Office. How do I set this up in Plastiq so I can get my county real estate taxes paid.

Make the recipient “Commissioners of xxx“ and put “Collections Office“ or “Attn Collections Office” in the Apt/Suite/Bldg field.

On my Amex accounts this morning and noticed a good Amex Offer:

buybuy BABY
Spend $25 or more, get $5 back
Expires 9/3/2018

buybuy BABY sells gift cards, right?

ETA: Got this on my MB Plat, PRG, and DW's SPG Biz; negative on my SPG cards or our Hilton cards.

I asked the same on the Gift Card thread :laughing: Bed Bath and Beyond does and since buybuyBaby is the same company I'm hoping so. But I don't have one close by to just pop in to check. If they do I'll just take the trip and pick up a GC, if they don't I'll probably buy a GC online ( I don't think they were excluded but i'll double check) and then just try to use that at Bed Bath to pick up a GC since mine seem ok with GC>GC.

So I've never done this and I remember there was some question about when payment to Chase is due after transferring. Do you have to pay in points and/or cash at the time of transfer or when final payment is due?

This is where HUCA comes into play. Seems to depend on the agent. @DaveL worked it ok with Melissa on a WDW package, but @bernina got an agent that required the UR at time of transfer when moving a NCL cruise. Whereas, when I transferred my NCL cruise my agent didn't require any payment so far.

ETA: I spoke with at least 6 different agents when I was calling for my cruise. All but 2 said I had to pay at the time of transfer. :confused3

My agent said it was due at the time of transfer. I had the points so I just paid it and didn’t bother to HUCA.

And this is so weird how you get different requirements depending on who you talk to. Was it an instant transfer while you were on the phone? If they take a day or so, what does the agent do, call you back to apply the payment when they receive the ressie?

Last edited:

Thank you for the list!!!! Here I am mourning the end of my swolphin days...and there might be some more fun to be had with points coming up! I will be watching carefully for opportunities! No marriott cards yet for us, but I have both SPg products already.... BTW- what's BBP? I've been possibly eyeing an amex MR card for a while just for offers etc.

BBP = Blue Business Plus
- $0 AF (great for holding MR points)
- 2x MR on every purchase up to $50k/yr.
- 20k MR after $5k/3 months MSR targeted offer, or
- 10k MR after $3k/3 months MSR through support link offer.
- Amex biz credit card so won’t count against Chase 5/24, but will take up one of Amex’s 5 credit card limit.

And this is so weird how you get different requirements depending on who you talk to. Was it an instant transfer while you were on the phone? If they take a day or so, what does the agent do, call you back to apply the payment when they receive the ressie?

I called to transfer and they said they had to wait for Disney to give chase the reservation. They called me back after like 2 and a half weeks saying they had the reservation and that’s when I paid with my points.

Going for the $300 TD bank bonus. They allow credit card funding but there have been reports of it originally coding as a cash advance and then reverting back as a purchase. I just did a $100 with the CSR to try it out. I’ll report back. They wouldn’t let me open an account (it said they had no public records or the public records didn’t match the information I provided), but my SO got his account set up. This seems like an easy bonus.

Going for the $300 TD bank bonus. They allow credit card funding but there have been reports of it originally coding as a cash advance and then reverting back as a purchase. I just did a $100 with the CSR to try it out. I’ll report back. They wouldn’t let me open an account (it said they had no public records or the public records didn’t match the information I provided), but my SO got his account set up. This seems like an easy bonus.

I did that one- I think that my original funding was $100 with a CSR, if I remember right. I had a snafu with getting the direct deposit set up (legit direct deposit from work - snafu on work end, no fault of the bank), but I finally got the required direct deposit total over there on July 5th. No bonus yet, but it says up to 8 weeks, so we will see.

If you are not a member of mypoints and need United Mileage Plus Miles, mypoints is giving up to 1500 United Mileage Plus Miles for joining mypoints. It required a $25 purchase through mypoints.

Last edited:
You have a CSP, right?

Download and use the MileagePlus X (“MPX”) app. MPX is United’s gift card app that earns you 0.5x to 5x UA miles for every $1 you spend purchasing a electronic gift card to hundreds of available merchants.

Two things I really love about MPX:

1. For a lot of merchants, you can purchase an electronic gift card in the exact amount you need (down to the penny, subject to certain minimums). So you could be paying at the cashier, settling the check at a restaurant, or checking out your cart online, get the exact total you need, open up MPX, pull up the merchant, type in the amount due, and pay for an e-gift card in the exact amount, and it’s delivered immediately. No unused gift card balances. (Some of the major merchants like Starbucks do sell their e-gift cards in only set denominations.)

2. If you have a Chase Visa card like the CSP, which earns 2x UR/$1 on dining and travel, MPX “passes through” how an purchase codes to the category of the merchant for which you were buying the gift card. This means you’ll earn the UA miles offered for that merchant from MPX, and if your gift card was for a merchant that otherwise codes as dining or travel you’ll earn 2x UR on your CSP.

So for example, if you bought an e-gift card for Domino’s or Starbucks, you’ll earn 5x UA miles for Domino’s or 1x UA miles for Starbucks through the MPX app, and the charge passes the coding on the transaction to these restaurants' dining category earning you another 2x UR. This allows you to stack the rewards earned (1) on the MPX app and (2) on your credit card’s bonus categories.

You can take earning UA miles one step further by shopping online through United’s MileagePlus Shopping portal. Check with MileagePlus Shopping or cashbackmonitor if the online merchant you’re shopping at rewards UA miles for shopping. Click through MileagePlus Shopping when you shop online just as you would any other shopping portal. Right now, you can earn 200 UA miles simply by installing the MileagePlus Shopping portal button to your browser and making a purchase by 7/13/18: https://frequentmiler.boardingarea....s-install-united-shopping-portal-button-shop/ After you’ve clicked through MileagePlus Shopping, and you’re ready to pay, remember to check the MPX app to see if it sells e-gift cards to that online merchant. If so, buy an e-gift card for the exact amount in your cart and (1) earn miles from the MileagePlus Shopping portal, (2) the MPX app, and (3) credit card points.

If you eat out, I’d sign up for MileagePlus Dining too and link your CSP. So every time you dine at a participating restaurant and you pay with your linked CSP, you’ll earn (1) miles from MileagePlus Dining and (2) 2x UR for dining on your CSP.

You can also earn hundreds of UA miles by doing surveys, but I find that they’re often a waste of time for me because I’ll spend 5-10 minutes answering preliminary questions only to find I don’t qualify.

ETA: When you do get a United Explorer card, add it to your MileagePlus account profile and into the MPX app. Having a MileagePlus card linked to your account gives you an extra 25% bonus in miles on all your MPX purchases even if you don’t use the MileagePlus card to pay. And holding a MileagePlus card often gives you more miles through the MileagePlus Shopping portal than non-cardmember customers, again even if you don’t use that card to pay.

Just want to add to this - just saw that I can use mypoints to earn United Mileage Plus Points - 2500 miles = 6900mypoints (can also get 5000 miles - not sure how many mypoints).

I’m 4/24, and I haven’t decided what to do with my final slot (maybe Marriott or United, or double dip both, before getting the SPG Lux if I even can?). I’m laying low on Chase for a while and in a holding pattern to see what comes out in August.

DW is 2/24, but I think we’ll pass on the Marriott 100k offer for her. If DoC’s rumor is believed, holding Marriott card or receiving a Marriott bonus in the past 24 months would preclude her from the SPG Lux. (But holding a SPG card or receiving a SPG bonus in the past 24 months won’t preclude you from the SPG Lux or a Marriott card, except that a SPG consumer card will add to */24?) I guess this only matters if you’re planning to go for the $450 AF SPG Lux and are willing to gamble that the signup offer will be as good or better than the Marriott Premier Plus. DW doesn’t have either the Marriott Biz or personal card, and we’ll keep it that way for now. Besides, a new Marriott Biz is supposed to be released 8/26, and that might be another opportunity to pick up a big signup bonus after we know what’s up with the SPG Lux and Marriott Premier Plus.

So,

7/12 - Marriott Premier Plus 100k offer ends

July - Rumored SW Premium card is coming out

8/1 - SPG Lux releases

8/9 - Existing SPG cardmembers can upgrade to the SPG Lux?

8/26 - Marriott Business Premier Plus releases (with upgrade options/bonus offers for existing Marriott Biz cardholders?)

Seems to me like lots of opportunity to rack up some Starriott points in the coming month(s). I’m also pretty sure the Marriott 100k offer will come around again, or perhaps a lower points offer with the first year AF waived (but will we still be under 5/24 then?).

For us, we’re deep in slogging through our Hilton Biz MSRs this month and probably into next. In August, we’ll be looking at signing DW up for the CIU or the SPG Lux, or both. And for me, if I’m precluded from the SPG Lux because I got the Marriott Biz and bonus, then my next Amex credit card will be the BBP, which won’t add to my 4/24, get me 2x MR everywhere, and finally a no AF MR card to hold my points. Lots of other cards to keep us busy!

Makes sense...I'll pass too. I do need to think about a place to park my MR's. Been looking at the Blue Biz (is that the BBP?).

Is the SPG lux rumored to have a $450 fee? It would have to be pretty spectacular to have that kind of fee!

Just realized I am 5/24 with my last chase card being over a year ago!! Wow, time flies when you are having fun lol :D

I did that one- I think that my original funding was $100 with a CSR, if I remember right. I had a snafu with getting the direct deposit set up (legit direct deposit from work - snafu on work end, no fault of the bank), but I finally got the required direct deposit total over there on July 5th. No bonus yet, but it says up to 8 weeks, so we will see.

I opened this one about a month ago, no bonus yet. All DPs I've seen say this one takes the full 60 days.

BBP = Blue Business Plus
- $0 AF (great for holding MR points)
- 2x MR on every purchase up to $50k/yr.
- 20k MR after $5k/3 months MSR targeted offer, or
- 10k MR after $3k/3 months MSR through support link offer.
- Amex biz credit card so won’t count against Chase 5/24, but will take up one of Amex’s 5 credit card limit.

How hard is it to pull up that 20k MR offer? I prefer the 3k spend so maybe I should be ok with that. I really never wanted to see another 5k Amex MSR again lol.

Makes sense...I'll pass too. I do need to think about a place to park my MR's. Been looking at the Blue Biz (is that the BBP?).

Is the SPG lux rumored to have a $450 fee? It would have to be pretty spectacular to have that kind of fee!

Just realized I am 5/24 with my last chase card being over a year ago!! Wow, time flies when you are having fun lol :D

No rumor, it is $450 fee. Details are out for the Lux, just can't apply yet: https://www.spgpromos.com/amexcomingsoon/

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter