I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

DD's passport is at 9 weeks tomorrow. Mine is two weeks behind hers and ds's is several weeks behind mine.
My nephew's took 12 weeks when he applied at the beginning of Jan. I think they were quoting a lesser time at that point. A neighbor is on week 12 and only received 2 of her 4. If you are getting close to your departure time, reach out to your Congressperson for assistance. I have heard they can expedite the process, but I have no personal experience with this.
You are right! I actually learned my lesson last week when I got stranded in ATL overnight due to a flight delay with SWA. Having the SWA card, I just automatically charged my fees to it, but I wish I had thought that through and used my CSP. It would have been nice to have for all the extra expenses I ended up with. I won’t make that mistake again.
Like you, I learned the hard way how valuable this benefit is. I did the same exact thing with SW and I will never make that mistake again.

Oh this is awesome to know! So if I just add those cards as payment methods, the various IC+ periods will stack? My IC+ expires in August, so this would be awesome!
You can go into your Chase account and activate the benefits there. It should take you to Instacart where you login to your existing account. You only need to use the card when you want the Chase credit. Otherwise you can use any card and the Instacart membership still applies.

Fairly certain the answer to this question is no, but is there any way to use points for stays at Airbnbs or Vrbo rentals?

If you have a csr, you could buy Airbnb gift cards at a grocery store (I think) and pay yourself back.
Wow, I do have a CSR!! Thanks. I am going to head out right now to my local grocery store to see if they have Airbnb gift cards. Is it straight forward to use them? Has anyone heard of any pitfalls to go this route?

Anyone been in AMS (Schiphol) recently and used their Priority Pass or AmEx Plat for international flight lounge access? If so, what lounge did you use? The PP lounge in the international terminal says it is closed and I don't see any other options for international passengers. I'm flying KLM Premium Comfort back and it doesn't come with free lounge access.

Advice please!
We're considering applying for the Citi Custom Card for 5% in the most used category. I would like to have 2 separate accounts. Each account would be joint accounts. I'd be primary on one account (for groceries) and my DH would be primary on the other (gas).
Can we both apply at the same time (or minutes apart)??? Is that wise?

Something else to consider....
We have another very old Citi card that they have been trying to get us to convert to a Citi Rewards card (I think, because it has rewards, but nothing special IMO).
----Do you think they would convert it to the Citi Custom for 5% and would that be a smarter move vs applying for a new account. (Is converting an "old" account "a credit score hit"????)

Info:
-got a Shell gas card 7-8 months ago which is a Citi backed card. :rolleyes2 (I don't recommend that card!!)
-got a Visa about 15mths ago.
-We have several other brands of cards, some actively used and some not.
Thanks in advance!!!!

Amazing deal on a Mediterranean Virgin Cruise (source: Max Miles Points):

Enjoy a 7-night stay for two people on a Mediterranean cruise in either a Sea Terrace or Limited Sea View Terrace room. You can choose to sail from Barcelona or the ancient city of Athens. Departures are available between June 1st and July 31st, 2023. This package costs 80,000 points, but if you stack it with the Amex or Chase 30% bonus, the price drops to 62,000 points for TWO people!

1. Transfer Chase or Amex points to Virgin Atlantic
  2. Link your Virgin Atlantic account with Virgin Red
  3. Complete your booking with Virgin Red
Note: these cruises are adults only (18+)

https://www.virgin.com/en-us/virgin...nights-in-the-med-between-june-and-july-16042

My nephew's took 12 weeks when he applied at the beginning of Jan. I think they were quoting a lesser time at that point. A neighbor is on week 12 and only received 2 of her 4. If you are getting close to your departure time, reach out to your Congressperson for assistance. I have heard they can expedite the process, but I have no personal experience with this.

Like you, I learned the hard way how valuable this benefit is. I did the same exact thing with SW and I will never make that mistake again.
New to the CSP, but have a trip coming up.

Are you suggesting to use the CSP card for all travel related expenses so that in the event of a delay/cancellations, those expenses are covered?

Also know that the free IC+ memberships stack. So if you have CSP and maybe a Freedom (CFFof CFU) you can add the memberships to the same account. Between DH and myself we have 4 cards. Our current free membership goes thru January 2025.
Wow I wish I knew that before but thanks for sharing hopefully others will be able to put this trick to good use!!

Are you suggesting to use the CSP card for all travel related expenses so that in the event of a delay/cancellations, those expenses are covered?
You would have to read the full terms but the CSR, CSP and Venture X have very generous insurance policies when you pay with that card. Sometimes you only have to pay the taxes like the 9/11 security fees after using miles to purchase the tickets.

Advice please!
We're considering applying for the Citi Custom Card for 5% in the most used category. I would like to have 2 separate accounts. Each account would be joint accounts. I'd be primary on one account (for groceries) and my DH would be primary on the other (gas).

We have another very old Citi card that they have been trying to get us to convert to a Citi Rewards card (I think, because it has rewards, but nothing special IMO).
----Do you think they would convert it to the Citi Custom for 5% and would that be a smarter move vs applying for a new account. (Is converting an "old" account "a credit score hit"????)

Info:
-got a Shell gas card 7-8 months ago which is a Citi backed card. :rolleyes2 (I don't recommend that card!!)
Thanks in advance!!!!
Yes, you and DH can apply for your own cards within seconds of each other, or simultaneously. I would apply for new cards to get the sign up bonus which is currently a $200 statement bonus after $1500 spend in 6 months.

Wow, I do have a CSR!! Thanks. I am going to head out right now to my local grocery store to see if they have Airbnb gift cards. Is it straight forward to use them? Has anyone heard of any pitfalls to go this route?

The Airbnb gift cards are easier to use now. There was one thing that caught me off guard - the GC is applied before the calculation of the first payment. If the Airbnb costs $1000, you would think that you just need $500 GC to cover the first payment. But nope, the GC is applied first and the first payment is half of the remaining ($250).

Advice please!

Info:
Thanks in advance!!!!

Citi is very flexible with product changes. It's likely you can convert your old card to a Custom Cash. This wouldn't cost you an inquiry or a new account.

You may want to consider applying for a Citi Premier. That has a bonus of 75k points for $4000 spend, $95 annual fee. After you've had it a year, you can then convert it to the Custom Cash.

A year has gone by so fast and I am coming up on my renewal date for my CSP, which means the AF is about to post. I know it’s only a $95 fee and I’ll use the $50 hotel credit. Is there anything else to do to offset the other $45? I do enjoy having this card so I know I will not cancel it. I am no where near the level of most people here with all the traveling hacks and things. I got this card originally for the SUB when we purchased DVC.
I also hate paying AFs and do not churn at any level. I keep my basic cards (all free-free except this one and one other also at $95.) I find that it is worth it for the travel benefits I get from it. I do keep a Disocover IT card, which provides cash back. I use the cash back to cover the two $95 fees.

You can go into your Chase account and activate the benefits there. It should take you to Instacart where you login to your existing account. You only need to use the card when you want the Chase credit. Otherwise you can use any card and the Instacart membership still applies.
Ok... so If Ioaded all my cc's that have free IC at once into an acct, they'' automatically stack to extend the free membership? I find this so confusing that I haven't even bothered with it, and yet I have so many cc's that will stack.....

Yes, as the previous poster explained you should use it to book at least a small part of your airfare. I’m not sure how the coverage works with other travel bookings.

Planning future travel. I am behind on planning for 2024. So far I just have a trip to Yosemite planned for late summer. Still trying to decide on Spring Break travel - maybe Key West and the Everglades.

I am thinking of something big in 2025. I'll turn 60 and am planning to retire that year! Has anyone here been to Churchill, Manitoba? I'd love to see the polar bears. I am not sure if I can CC hack my way there other than flights to Winnipeg, bank bonus and PYB. Has anyone does this DIY or with a tour (looking for recommendations)? Not necessarily looking for points advice but general. I'm scouring TA as well for advice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!