I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got the same upgrade offer to the Bevy card, and what I'd prefer is an upgrade offer for the Brilliant. I think the Bevy card is pretty weak, you don't even get a FNC for the $250 annual fee.
Exactly. Plus the spend 15K gets you a 50K card? Come on Marriott/Amex!

Since my goal is to reduce out of pocket for my run of the mill Marriott stays, spending $250 doesn't quite cut it.

I need help with SW companion pass qualification. I applied today for a SW personal card and was immediately approved (so will get 75,000 after qualifying spend), then I applied for a SW business card (so will get 80,000 more after qualifying spend if it's approved). How long do I have to wait to know if the business card is approved? Is it likely to be approved (does it usually take over a day)? I would like to know asap, because if the business card is not approved, I may want to try MDD for a second SW personal card. I never knew about MDD and just read about now.

Any advice would be appreciated.

I need help with SW companion pass qualification. I applied today for a SW personal card and was immediately approved (so will get 75,000 after qualifying spend), then I applied for a SW business card (so will get 80,000 more after qualifying spend if it's approved). How long do I have to wait to know if the business card is approved? Is it likely to be approved (does it usually take over a day)? I would like to know asap, because if the business card is not approved, I may want to try MDD for a second SW personal card. I never knew about MDD and just read about now.

You won't get the biz card, it should have been done first because of the 1/30 rule chase has for biz cards. Also, you don't want to do both apps on the same day.

Unless you were trying to combine pulls there wouldn't have been reason to even do an mdd. You would have wanted to do the biz card today and then the day after it was approved apply for the personal card if you wanted them to use the same pull.

You'll need to wait 30 days to app for the biz unless you can get a 2nd/dif personal approved tomorrow. But if it's not instant you'd need to call recon. If 5/24 is an issue I'd just wait the 30 days.

Chase has a 1/30 rule for business cards so since you applied for the personal card your probably not going to be approved…wait 30 days and apply again…

You won't get the biz card, it should have been done first because of the 1/30 rule chase has for biz cards. Also, you don't want to do both apps on the same day.

Unless you were trying to combine pulls there wouldn't have been reason to even do an mdd. You would have wanted to do the biz card today and then the day after it was approved apply for the personal card if you wanted them to use the same pull.

You'll need to wait 30 days to app for the biz unless you can get a 2nd/dif personal approved tomorrow. But if it's not instant you'd need to call recon. If 5/24 is an issue I'd just wait the 30 days.
Oh man. Thanks for providing this info. Clearly I was missing some details. 5/24 is not an issue.

So, then tomorrow I will put in the app for the second personal card. (Which is 1 day after the first personal card was approved

Oh man. Thanks for providing this info. Clearly I was missing some details. 5/24 is not an issue.

So, then tomorrow I will put in the app for the second personal card. (Which is 1 day after the first personal card was approved

Just remember that 5/24 may not be an issue for getting this card, but will getting another personal impact a future card you want.

Also make sure it gets approved tomorrow. Fingers crossed it's instant and you don't need to call recon.

So I booked a last minute trip to the Andaz Papagayo peninsula in Costa Rica. I know there was some chatter about this hotel awhile back (which inspired me to start looking and book!) We are here now so if anyone has any specific questions let me know!
Also would love to see a review.
A few days ago I was able to snag 4 nights at the WA Cabo from January 18-22 (1 FNC from dd’s Surpass SUB and 3 nights pts.). The only issue is that I had booked flights with the credit from my cancelled AA flight here (using cash and 1 of dh’s SWUs) from January 16-20 before I left. I then booked 4 nights at the Andaz Cabo as a backup. So now I have to either change the flights or do 2 nights at the Andaz, then switch to the WA. I was able to get a ‘biz’ class direct flight home on a (dreaded) AC Rouge plane (the worst product AC has ever come out with) on the 22nd. So I can always cancel the return portion of my AA itinerary. Hopefully the WA will release more nights on points, but it’s not looking promising. I feel very lucky to get the nights here as I was searching last winter and didn’t see any nights.
The WA Cabo tends to release rooms close in. I've always been successful in getting a room. I like to use openhotelalert and put in the standard room type, which I think is the pacific view king. We are doing 2 nights at the new Rancho Pescadero (part of Hyatt's Unbound collection) in El Pescadero, if it opens, and then 2 nights at WA Cabo in January. LMK if you want any dining recs.
We are back from Paris, we had a wonderful time. Unfortunately things started off very badly, but lesson learned. It seems like all the United flights leaving Tulsa left at least 4 hours late due to mechanical problems, which meant that we missed our AF flight out of ORD. We ended up having to cancel our flight, at a cost of $224 to get the miles back. Thankfully AF had plenty of saver awards leaving all weekend long, but just not in business. We ended up booking a flight for that same night, but missed it by 15 minutes. By some miracle AF rebooked us for free and also gave us hotel, lyft and food vouchers (I'm not really sure why, but I'm so very grateful). They called us while we were running across ORD to ask if we were going to make our flight and I told them we were running from our connecting flight but didn't make it. By the time we found the AF office the manager had already booked us on a flight for the following day, but then asked if we would rather get there 3 hours earlier (5:45 AM arrival) with a connection and we said yes so they quickly switched us.

I do have travel insurance that includes missed connection, but I'm not sure if they'll reimburse us for the $224 to redeposit our miles. I have to figure out how to file a claim. Next time we have 2 different tickets we'll be flying in the day before. I should have listened to you all on the DIS and not DH.

We missed our first day at DLP, but arrived in time for Early Park Entry so we had 2 full days. We managed to ride all the big rides and never waited more than 30 minutes for anything. The only thing we did miss out was on all the cool character meets they have all over the parks, I think with a 3rd day we would have been able to do character meets.

I'll try to write up a small trip report.

We did visit the new Delta Skyclub at ORD with our Amex Plat cards, our flight to JFK was on Delta, but we had to pay $39 for each of our girls. It is AMAZING, the bathrooms are awesome. I didn't get any pictures or eat any of the food from all the stress but it looked delicious. I did enjoy the mimosas.

And CDG departure passport control is extremely understaffed, I think they only had 5/6 workers at terminal 2E/F, not enough for the number of people leaving Paris through that terminal. It took us almost 2 hours. If you are over 18 (not traveling with children) with French/US/CAN passport it was a much shorter wait, maybe 20 minutes.

I've posted some pictures on my Instagram. Also, our Japan trip is in 200 days.

I'm sorry the start of your trip was so stressful and that you missed the biz class flights you were looking forward to. I hope you can get those fees refunded! I'd love to read your trip report.

We also visited the new Delta Skyclub lounge and thought it was amazing as well. They have a really cute Chicago style hot dog cart which was super popular and actually tasty (for the meat eaters in the fam). That's the kind of memorable experience I would like to see all lounges go for.

Dh and I are starting to look at earning points for flights to Japan. We would be flying from LAX. We would have to get there from Orlando first but I’m not too worried about that part. I have some notes saved that some of you shared previously but he needs a new card tomorrow so I want to make sure my thought process makes sense.

We currently have around 190k chase points and should be getting more as we just finished a CIC MSR. Last time we flew ANA by transferring to virgin but it seems like that might be more difficult now that we have 3 seats to book instead of just 2. So we could fly JAL by using AA or BA. I like that BA has an earlier booking window but it has a lot higher taxes right? I haven’t looked into what a ticket would cost using them. I guess I’m not sure if we should start getting AA points or focus on BA.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

I need help with an Amex dispute, which I've never had to deal with before. Short story:

I ordered $1,000 of Disney gift cards from BJ's online. Two weeks go by, BJ's says they shipped them but UPS says they never received them, so I call BJ's to see what's up. They initiate a return. I tell them no, I can't return something I never received in the first place. So they initiate an order cancelation, or so they claim. A few days go by and the order still isn't canceled. I call them back and they just act super confused at everything I try to explain to them. So I give up and open a dispute with Amex, which they resolve and close in my favor in less than one day.

Thinking the initial transaction is over with, I order a new set of $1,000 gift cards from BJ's because I still want them. This batch ships immediately. But lo and behold, the initial order became "unstuck" in the pipeline is and now also on the way to be delivered to me. So now I have $2,000 coming to me. I only want $1,000, and $1,000 has already been refunded to me by Amex (which I expect BJ's will contest).

What should be my next course of action?

So I think you've got a bit of an uphill battle here. Here's what I've learned about my own experience with Amex disputes. I had assumed that when Amex "rules in your favor," the issue is settled. But the vendor can still demand payment from you, including closing your account, invoicing you and, I assume, even send you to collections. So, while you won't owe Amex, you may still owe the vendor (BJ's). So think about that carefully.

If I were you, I would work with BJ's to try to cancel one of the orders due to your understanding that it was cancelled. If they do that, you can reverse the dispute if they refund that transaction.

For all those going to Japan, I just learned that you can get USJ tickets and express passes on the Chase travel portal.
I’ll probably buy tickets on the travel portal then try to buy the unlimited express pass on the Japanese website.
View attachment 722301View attachment 722302

Interesting, never thought to look there. It looks more expensive though.

I didn't see an unlimited express pass when I was looking. Just the premium one that includes 13 attractions.

Dh and I are starting to look at earning points for flights to Japan. We would be flying from LAX. We would have to get there from Orlando first but I’m not too worried about that part. I have some notes saved that some of you shared previously but he needs a new card tomorrow so I want to make sure my thought process makes sense.

We currently have around 190k chase points and should be getting more as we just finished a CIC MSR. Last time we flew ANA by transferring to virgin but it seems like that might be more difficult now that we have 3 seats to book instead of just 2. So we could fly JAL by using AA or BA. I like that BA has an earlier booking window but it has a lot higher taxes right? I haven’t looked into what a ticket would cost using them. I guess I’m not sure if we should start getting AA points or focus on BA.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

AA is 60k miles one-way with minimal taxes ($5.60 outbound, around $50 return). BA is 77.25k and taxes/fees have really gone up. I'm seeing about $475 one-way!

AA is 60k miles one-way with minimal taxes ($5.60 outbound, around $50 return). BA is 77.25k and taxes/fees have really gone up. I'm seeing about $475 one-way!
Omg that’s insane! I don’t know if we can consider that as an option then. Is it really hard to get 3 seats with AA since they release later?

Barclays biz AA card question:
first AF posted 10/31
Automatic credit of $95 on 11/26
Spend was met during that same statement, but bonus points aren't showing as earned or posted on that statement. When do these typically post?
When I previously messaged about the $95 statement credit, I was told that wouldn't post until the MSR had been met. So I'm confident they've registered that I've met the MSR, as they've posted the statement credit.

I see at least 3 seats at the end of the AA calendar. Seems might be okay if your schedule is flexible and not going during peak times.
Our plan is May 2025 before ds starts kindergarten. We could be pretty flexible on the schedule. I guess for me we have so many URs already I hate having to also build up AA points but we probably need two choices just in case. Is no one booking with ANA anymore?

Ok....I'm getting the strangest page on my Chase accts.... I used the 20% Kohls offer on one of my biz cards- I haven't seen a credit on statement yet, and when I went to look at offers added to my cards, the cc I used for that offer isn't even showing in the dropdown list...what is going on? Anyone else have this problem?

For all those going to Japan, I just learned that you can get USJ tickets and express passes on the Chase travel portal.
I’ll probably buy tickets on the travel portal then try to buy the unlimited express pass on the Japanese website.
View attachment 722301View attachment 722302
is this worth a day from Kyoto? Im only going for 3 days there I cant to theme parks 3 days of my 9 im torn on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter