I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
DoC is saying the Amex Biz checking bonus has increased to 60K MR as of today. I started my application yesterday, but didn't complete doing the photo of my DL and selfie because my phone was having a hard time capturing my DL. This is a better deal than even the combo Biz Plat+Biz checking 200K offer. I might try applying through the link on DoC...just wonder if Amex will see my application as a repeat.

From all the research that I've done, yes. They have Mario World which is supposed to be amazing. We are planning to do one day but also going to try to buy the 13 ride express pass.

Also consider that Nintendo will open at US Hollywood next year so could do that as an option. Also not that far off from USO opening, I think 2024.

Omg that’s insane! I don’t know if we can consider that as an option then. Is it really hard to get 3 seats with AA since they release later?

AA miles are super easy to get with just sign up bonus.

Our plan is May 2025 before ds starts kindergarten. We could be pretty flexible on the schedule. I guess for me we have so many URs already I hate having to also build up AA points but we probably need two choices just in case. Is no one booking with ANA anymore?

The thing is, so many people have miles stuck in VS for Japan. Nevermind the people with miles in ANA, cause those do and will expire at some point if they don't use them for something.

Everyday I see at least one, if not several, posts on reddit about booking ANA for Japan. It's what everyone wants to do. Barely anyone is talking about JAL. Probaly because the graavy train died and it takes more miles than ANA.

Could it all sort itself out and be ok to book in 2024? Maybe. But I would figure out a decent back up. Worst case you could use the AA miles to position or go somewhere else.

If you were booking in 2023 I would say don't bother with ANA. But even booking in 2024 I'd want at least 2 backups.

AA miles are super easy to get with just sign up bonus.

The thing is, so many people have miles stuck in VS for Japan. Nevermind the people with miles in ANA, cause those do and will expire at some point if they don't use them for something.

Everyday I see at least one, if not several, posts on reddit about booking ANA for Japan. It's what everyone wants to do. Barely anyone is talking about JAL. Probaly because the graavy train died and it takes more miles than ANA.

Could it all sort itself out and be ok to book in 2024? Maybe. But I would figure out a decent back up. Worst case you could use the AA miles to position or go somewhere else.

If you were booking in 2023 I would say don't bother with ANA. But even booking in 2024 I'd want at least 2 backups.
I think AA looks like an awesome option and I’m willing to at least try. The main thing I’m worried about is getting 3 seats because they book later than BA

Our plan is May 2025 before ds starts kindergarten. We could be pretty flexible on the schedule. I guess for me we have so many URs already I hate having to also build up AA points but we probably need two choices just in case. Is no one booking with ANA anymore?

That's a ways off, so things could change. If gas prices go down, the fees should as well. ANA fees are really high now as well.

I never looked seriously into ANA since I was pretty sure I couldn't get 4 biz seats. I think they usually release 2? Maybe 3 is a possibility.

Omg that’s insane! I don’t know if we can consider that as an option then. Is it really hard to get 3 seats with AA since they release later?
AA releases 4/5 J seats (depends on the day and airport), if you want F I think you’ll need to stick with ANA. I haven’t seen more than 1 F via AA.
But we were able to get 4 one-way using AA, we also flew into KIX which isn’t as popular as the other 2 airports. We used MRs that we transferred to BA for the return flight. Four J tickets on JAL HND to DFW was 371,000 Avios + $1343. Also, by the time AA released our return flights it was more difficult getting 4 J tickets leaving HND, which is why I decided to book the return flights via BA.

Does a denied CC application count towards chases 5/24 in any way? (Like a ping checking my credit)?

No, 5/24 only refers to new accounts that report to your personal credit report.

Some issuers are inquiry sensitive (the ping on your credit), but Chase isn't usually. If you want to give more details, might be able to offer more advice.

AA releases 4/5 J seats (depends on the day and airport), if you want F I think you’ll need to stick with ANA. I haven’t seen more than 1 F via AA.
But we were able to get 4 one-way using AA, we also flew into KIX which isn’t as popular as the other 2 airports. We used MRs that we transferred to BA for the return flight. Four J tickets on JAL HND to DFW was 371,000 Avios + $1343. Also, by the time AA released our return flights it was more difficult getting 4 J tickets leaving HND, which is why I decided to book the return flights via BA.
We would do J but we would want to fly into Tokyo for sure. That makes me nervous. I would hate waiting for AA to release the flights and not be able to get what we need. BA seems kind of insanely expensive compared to AA. I’m not sure what the best choice is. I guess we can just make sure we have both AA and URs in case we have to book with BA.

On a different note, what about using Amex to transfer to ANA?

That's a ways off, so things could change. If gas prices go down, the fees should as well. ANA fees are really high now as well.

I never looked seriously into ANA since I was pretty sure I couldn't get 4 biz seats. I think they usually release 2? Maybe 3 is a possibility.
I feel like virgin will be really difficult to get 3 seats. I remember it being hard with just 2 seats. Is that the same case if we were to book directly through ANA?

We would do J but we would want to fly into Tokyo for sure. That makes me nervous. I would hate waiting for AA to release the flights and not be able to get what we need. BA seems kind of insanely expensive compared to AA. I’m not sure what the best choice is. I guess we can just make sure we have both AA and URs in case we have to book with BA.

On a different note, what about using Amex to transfer to ANA?
It really depends on the time of year, Golden weeks will be probably impossible via AA. I was looking June/July which is peak summer travel. I would say just start tracking AA/BA availability during the time you want to go.
Should be easy to collect AA and MRs.

Possibility of us needing to book Delta flights soon... but we have no Delta points. Can URs be used? I know Delta isn't one of the transfer partners, but I read you can transfer to Virgin Atlantic or KLM, and then book Delta flights through them. Does anyone know if they would be the same points price that I currently see on Delta website when I input award travel?

Possibility of us needing to book Delta flights soon... but we have no Delta points. Can URs be used? I know Delta isn't one of the transfer partners, but I read you can transfer to Virgin Atlantic or KLM, and then book Delta flights through them. Does anyone know if they would be the same points price that I currently see on Delta website when I input award travel?
You need to download the KLM/AF apps to see if Delta released award seats to their partners

Verizon offer on Amex business cards is back! $75 of $150. Says business but worked on personal last time.

I have this on two cards. Third time this year! Thank you Amex for $450 savings on my phone bill in one year!

This reminds me that I have not gotten the $10 wireless credit for a Verizon gift card purchased in the store on 11/15. This was my first attempt to see if the credit was going to work, and it looks like it is not . . . For those who have gotten this to work, any suggestions?

The price points will be different if you're using Flying Blue or Virgin's loyalty programs and Delta is notoriously stingy when it comes to releasing partner availability -it happens but isn't one of those things where you can think "oh I'll just use Virgin or Flying Blue" and have it reliably work.

Also would love to see a review.

The WA Cabo tends to release rooms close in. I've always been successful in getting a room. I like to use openhotelalert and put in the standard room type, which I think is the pacific view king. We are doing 2 nights at the new Rancho Pescadero (part of Hyatt's Unbound collection) in El Pescadero, if it opens, and then 2 nights at WA Cabo in January. LMK if you want any dining recs.

I'm sorry the start of your trip was so stressful and that you missed the biz class flights you were looking forward to. I hope you can get those fees refunded! I'd love to read your trip report.

We also visited the new Delta Skyclub lounge and thought it was amazing as well. They have a really cute Chicago style hot dog cart which was super popular and actually tasty (for the meat eaters in the fam). That's the kind of memorable experience I would like to see all lounges go for.
I would love dining recommendations! I am hoping that they release more nights closer to the date because I don’t really want to mess around with the AA flights. Getting the credit used from the cancelled flight took over an hour (agent had to keep going back and forth with her ticketing department).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter