I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh! Don’t know what to do.

We were supposed to go to Disney in mid-March, but we had to cancel at the very last minute due to Covid exposure (we work in a school).

We’re now scheduled to go at the end of the month (4/29-5/2) - we have tickets, park passes, and flights, but I foolishly didn’t book our hotel right away and now our options are terrible: Deluxe is the only onsite option available for all 3 days, and it’s just out of our budget. We have three nights booked at different Disney resorts for a total of $860. We’re fine with moving, but it will obviously be much less relaxing and not ideal to not have somewhere to be mid-day. Just not jumping up and down about paying $860 to switch hotels every night, but we’ve stayed off-site before and didn’t really enjoy it (plus it would require a rental car or Uber).

I have the Dolphin ($750) + flights booked for the following weekend, but we haven’t been able to nab park passes for HS and MK for May 7th and 8th. Not sure if anything will open up, but I think I’d lean towards that if I could get park passes. Anyone have insight into timing when more park passes tend to be released?

Ugh! Don’t know what to do.

We were supposed to go to Disney in mid-March, but we had to cancel at the very last minute due to Covid exposure (we work in a school).

We’re now scheduled to go at the end of the month (4/29-5/2) - we have tickets, park passes, and flights, but I foolishly didn’t book our hotel right away and now our options are terrible: Deluxe is the only onsite option available for all 3 days, and it’s just out of our budget. We have three nights booked at different Disney resorts for a total of $860. We’re fine with moving, but it will obviously be much less relaxing and not ideal to not have somewhere to be mid-day. Just not jumping up and down about paying $860 to switch hotels every night, but we’ve stayed off-site before and didn’t really enjoy it (plus it would require a rental car or Uber).

I have the Dolphin ($750) + flights booked for the following weekend, but we haven’t been able to nab park passes for HS and MK for May 7th and 8th. Not sure if anything will open up, but I think I’d lean towards that if I could get park passes. Anyone have insight into timing when more park passes tend to be released?

They just did a big dump for June, some suspect reallocation from AP's, or those cancelling not going right back into the pot. Some thing increase in capacity. Anyway, I would imagine anything at this point for your dates will be due to cancellation at this point and you'd need to just keep checking. The same goes for hotels though, you may more easily find other rooms become available that you can switch to than park days. Also, TPAS threads would probably have more idea on how/when they become available for random sold out days.

What's going on in Pine Richland tonight @georgina?? My twitter feed is blowing up over what seems to be a Superintendent on a power trip.
We’ve been in Virginia but just drove in last night because I had to be at Presby at 5:30 AM for Gamma Knife radiation on my head. (stupid slow-growing benign tumor I’ve had for 20 years, 2 surgeries and it keeps growing back) Was sitting in the waiting room and they said the football coach (state champion team) was fired over a hazing incident? Don’t have TV in the house so I’ll have to google. Between moving and this issue I’m pretty out of the loop.

Last edited:
This seems to be a nice change for Plastiq users, AmEx opened up more categories that can be used as of April 12, 2021.

Construction services is new, plus Business Services including Inventory purchases. This seems a little more useful now.

Still a 2.85% fee to use a CC but hitting a sign up bonus might be worth it.

I forgot to mention some things with my BoA situation. I was told I was denied for the unsecured card because of my lack of investments and deposits with them. So I asked if I could move some available credit from one of my other BoA cards and that’s what eventually allowed me to get approved. I just wanted to share in case it’s helpful for anyone else. It was a long, annoying process but worth it to us right now with how things are going

I guess Chase is loosening up, they increase my CL on my CIU from $3k to $6K. I have 3 Chase Biz cards.
Same here except they decided that a card with a $5K limit really needed a $6.4K limit. Absolutely no idea how they arrived at that total. :tilt: I have to keep moving CLs every time I max out a card for 5x and the reps are going to start thinking I have a problem, so I wish they’d do that for all of mine.:laughing:

I forgot to mention some things with my BoA situation. I was told I was denied for the unsecured card because of my lack of investments and deposits with them. So I asked if I could move some available credit from one of my other BoA cards and that’s what eventually allowed me to get approved. I just wanted to share in case it’s helpful for anyone else. It was a long, annoying process but worth it to us right now with how things are going
That is a typical response from them. I am glad it worked out in the end for you! I need to open some sort of business relationship with them. My side hustle is picking up and I think it is time to separate personal/business expenses. I currently have a hate with relationship with Chase (story for another day) and we have a decent amount of investments in with Merrill so this seems to be a clear choice.

side note: I need more content on your youTube channel...its been over a year!!

That is a typical response from them. I am glad it worked out in the end for you! I need to open some sort of business relationship with them. My side hustle is picking up and I think it is time to separate personal/business expenses. I currently have a hate with relationship with Chase (story for another day) and we have a decent amount of investments in with Merrill so this seems to be a clear choice.

side note: I need more content on your youTube channel...its been over a year!!
Haha the channel was only meant for our Japan trip. Now that we have ds I doubt we’ll add any more videos. I don’t really want him on a public channel

Ok please don’t laugh. I’ve got a Banana Republic Visa card. (In my defense, I think it’s 20+ years old.). I got an offer to use it 5 times this month outside of the Banana Republic brands to get $20 in rewards. I recall the Hyatt cards having a similar promotion, and people using their cards to add small amounts to their Amazon balance to qualify. I was thinking of doing the same here. Can someone walk me through how that was done?

Ok please don’t laugh. I’ve got a Banana Republic Visa card. (In my defense, I think it’s 20+ years old.). I got an offer to use it 5 times this month outside of the Banana Republic brands to get $20 in rewards. I recall the Hyatt cards having a similar promotion, and people using their cards to add small amounts to their Amazon balance to qualify. I was thinking of doing the same here. Can someone walk me through how that was done?

Nice card!!!! :P

Check the terms of your offer to see if there is a minimum transaction amount required (the Hyatt cards offer had a $1 minimum)

Go to Amazon - select 'GiftCards' from the banner - then select ReloadYourBalance - enter the amount and select payment method.

Repeat as necessary.

I want to sign up for a new card in the next month or so. Have some bills in June I can use towards a SUB. Don’t have any immediate travel plans outside of DVC at Disney. But would like to try for a hotel card for future travel. Thinking of the Amex Hilton Biz as a good one to start with. Yay or Nay? I see an offer for 130,000 points don’t know if that is a good offer or not. Currently have 2 Amex personal cards. One is the everyday MR card that I have had for more than 10 years and the other is Blue Cash Preferred that I PCd from a regular blue cash last year that I also had for 10 plus years.

I want to sign up for a new card in the next month or so. Have some bills in June I can use towards a SUB. Don’t have any immediate travel plans outside of DVC at Disney. But would like to try for a hotel card for future travel. Thinking of the Amex Hilton Biz as a good one to start with. Yay or Nay? I see an offer for 130,000 points don’t know if that is a good offer or not. Currently have 2 Amex personal cards. One is the everyday MR card that I have had for more than 10 years and the other is Blue Cash Preferred that I PCd from a regular blue cash last year that I also had for 10 plus years.
That's the standard offer, you just missed the best offer it was 150K points + $150 statement credit. If you are looking for the best offer I think the Amex Marriott Biz currently has 100K points + $150 statement credit.
I'm guessing you already have a CSP in your wallet? That is the best SUB right now.

I have the same offer on my Gap card, I've done a few Amazon reloads random $2.XX amounts. I'm going to use it once at the vending machine at work. I read the terms but didn't find any red flags with Amazon reloads it just states that if you are abusing the offer you won't get it, I just want to make sure I earn the extra $20.

I have the same offer on my Gap card, I've done a few Amazon reloads random $2.XX amounts. I'm going to use it once at the vending machine at work. I read the terms but didn't find any red flags with Amazon reloads it just states that if you are abusing the offer you won't get it, I just want to make sure I earn the extra $20.

I've always ignored the GAP offers, LOL. I guess I didn't think to do something like this. Did you have to activate anything for it? I got the mailer and threw it away.

That's the standard offer, you just missed the best offer it was 150K points + $150 statement credit. If you are looking for the best offer I think the Amex Marriott Biz currently has 100K points + $150 statement credit.
I'm guessing you already have a CSP in your wallet? That is the best SUB right now.
Oh darn! Maybe I will wait a few more weeks incase another better offer comes up, or think about the Marriott one. I really haven't been following to see you how often they change. Yes, I have a CSP that I got last summer.

Haha the channel was only meant for our Japan trip. Now that we have ds I doubt we’ll add any more videos. I don’t really want him on a public channel
No worries! I have two little ones and I am very careful as to what gets posted and who is posting if they are in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter