I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question - I just closed an old CIC yesterday (had the card more than 1 year) and I want my DH to refer me for a CIU. How long do I have to wait? I haven't applied for any cards for more than 30+ days so I'm good there. Just wanting to make sure I wait long enough to apply for the next one.
You can hold multiple Inks, but it may take a few days for Chase to recognize the drop in your CLs if that closure makes a significant difference in how much CL you have with Chase. I'd guess somewhere between 4-10 business days just from things I've read on reddit.

Can I PC a CSR to a CFF? I came across some articles that seemed to indicate you can only PC to a CFF from a CF, but they were older articles - not sure if that turned out to be inaccurate and/or changed.

Do you know if virtual visa's can be used online at Sam's club?
Thanks
The Disney GC thread folks say yes (I haven't tried it myself). There are also suggestions to use a Virtual Visa in conjunction with PayPal if a particular online retailer won't accept the Virtual Visa.

The Disney GC thread folks say yes (I haven't tried it myself). There are also suggestions to use a Virtual Visa in conjunction with PayPal if a particular online retailer won't accept the Virtual Visa.
Ok thank you. I will give it a try. Hoping to use it black friday shopping at Sam's club. If not I am sure I can use it elsewhere.

No FHR credits. And I did look at ticket prices last year......It's one of the main reasons we haven't gone back, LOL. I still can't believe the deal we got one year, stay 3 nights, get 4 nights free (hotel, food, and park)......now that same amount is just tickets for 2 days! UGH.

I did mention to my mom, this would make a lovely xmas present for the kids, LOL.

Oh I remember that stay 3 get 4 free time. Sigh, that turned a "we're only doing this once" trip into 4 years of AP's and many, many trips. Now I get sick looking at the prices.:scared:

You can hold multiple Inks, but it may take a few days for Chase to recognize the drop in your CLs if that closure makes a significant difference in how much CL you have with Chase. I'd guess somewhere between 4-10 business days just from things I've read on reddit.

Thank you all! The CL that I closed was the largest that I had on my biz cards so I'm thinking that I need it to register it as closed before I apply. I might wait until next Monday to apply just to give it some time. Good to know I could try now if I wanted.

With the recent changes announced by Marriott, I will have 5 35k FNCs good until the end of June (between dh and I). Taking advantage of the ability to pay additional points to 'upgrade' the certificates, I will be able book 5 nights at the Sheraton Grand Edinburgh! I will use 5 of my SNAs to try to snag a nice suite. I just have to wait "until the new year" to book the room. Fingers crossed that there is still availability on points.

Dd wants to go to Disney next year (I really want to visit for the 50th as well). Since I hate crowds I have ruled February out, which leaves early May (after we get back from London and Scotland). Can't book anything until we know when she will start work and we have no idea when she'll know (she will be going back to the Toronto Zoo -- same job as last year). I plan on booking at the Swolphin or Reserve using points. She also wants to go back to Boca to see HS friends, but I don't think we will have the time. I'd like to drive my car down and bring her car back, but due to time constraints we will most likely have to fly. For now she's been driving my car from Boca, which isn't ideal, but she said my SUV here is "too big" for her to drive :upsidedow.

Oh I remember that stay 3 get 4 free time. Sigh, that turned a "we're only doing this once" trip into 4 years of AP's and many, many trips. Now I get sick looking at the prices.:scared:

Thank you all! The CL that I closed was the largest that I had on my biz cards so I'm thinking that I need it to register it as closed before I apply. I might wait until next Monday to apply just to give it some time. Good to know I could try now if I wanted.

My 16yo got to go when she was almost 3, almost 4 and almost 5. Then I think we didn't go again till my son was 3 or 4 (she would have been 7 or 8). They haven't been back since. They've been asking. I'm very out of the disney loop. But back then, I had planning a trip down to a well oiled routine, LOL.

Omg Amex Business called and is asking me questions about my "business."

First, you answered the phone?? And, you know Amex....they just want to help you build your business with all their business related products.

So annoying. I have to close a card and I'm almost dreading their push to tell me why I need to keep it.

Omg Amex Business called and is asking me questions about my "business."

Happened to DH and I both a few weeks ago as well. It was more of a friendly call, like, "do you need any help understanding how to redeem rewards" and then small chat, like, "oh, what kind of business do you have?" She wasn't a particularly social person, so it was a bit awkward for her. My DH did not answer.

With the recent changes announced by Marriott, I will have 5 35k FNCs good until the end of June (between dh and I). Taking advantage of the ability to pay additional points to 'upgrade' the certificates, I will be able book 5 nights at the Sheraton Grand Edinburgh! I will use 5 of my SNAs to try to snag a nice suite. I just have to wait "until the new year" to book the room. Fingers crossed that there is still availability on points.

Dd wants to go to Disney next year (I really want to visit for the 50th as well). Since I hate crowds I have ruled February out, which leaves early May (after we get back from London and Scotland). Can't book anything until we know when she will start work and we have no idea when she'll know (she will be going back to the Toronto Zoo -- same job as last year). I plan on booking at the Swolphin or Reserve using points. She also wants to go back to Boca to see HS friends, but I don't think we will have the time. I'd like to drive my car down and bring her car back, but due to time constraints we will most likely have to fly. For now she's been driving my car from Boca, which isn't ideal, but she said my SUV here is "too big" for her to drive :upsidedow.

Upgrading the certificates is a game-changer. I feel like I was having a really hard time using the 35k certificate otherwise.

DP: FYI, my AF is posting on Chase Marriott Boundless, open for just one year. Called for a retention offer and was offered zilch.

Happened to DH and I both a few weeks ago as well. It was more of a friendly call, like, "do you need any help understanding how to redeem rewards" and then small chat, like, "oh, what kind of business do you have?" She wasn't a particularly social person, so it was a bit awkward for her. My DH did not answer.
My guy asked such detailed questions. I kept changing the topic randomly (like how I'll travel more once the pandemic become an endemic). Luckily I had a call for work so I told him I had to go.

I have Citi double cash back and pay it off each month. It doesn't look like it gives me the 1% cash back on the full amount that I've paid. I cannot make sense of it, even after reading the fine print. The fine print does say that I can call to ask for reinstatement when I have paid (like I said, I pay it off each month). Do I seriously need to call them every month to ask them to apply the other 1%? Because I'll just close the account instead.

I have Citi double cash back and pay it off each month. It doesn't look like it gives me the 1% cash back on the full amount that I've paid. I cannot make sense of it, even after reading the fine print. The fine print does say that I can call to ask for reinstatement when I have paid (like I said, I pay it off each month). Do I seriously need to call them every month to ask them to apply the other 1%? Because I'll just close the account instead.
I don't have the Citi Double Cash, but the ads said it was 1% when purchased, and another 1% when paid

Brokerage Bonus- this weekend I did the Tastyworks $500 bonus mentioned here on DoC. Deposit $10k, receive $500, leave all the $10.5k in the account for 3 months. Definitely one of the easier bonuses I've done. Do skim the comments, looks like if your bureaus are frozen verifying your ID gets complicated.
So, just put the money and park it? No trades or any other brokerage-y stuff required?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter