I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not picturing liking that. I mean I love Stitch but “live action” Stitch? Hmm
I am not at all sure about this idea. He is our absolute favorite and I am scared they are going to screw it up.
It's direct to Disney+ so Disney must also be slightly concerned. LOL Now I am imagining something like Sonic the Hedgehog. :rotfl:

I will still have to watch it!

I'll probably have to stick to the MCU series on Disney+ 🤣
I’ve been working through all of the shows I watched as a kid. I just recently finished suite life of zack and Cody. Now I’m watching Phil of the future. Next is Hannah Montana

So we made an executive decision regarding our 2021 Disney World trip. Our girls have MLK Jr. day AND the Friday later that week off...so it looks like we are going to be part of "holiday crowds" and go one week earlier. 😳 I was surprised to see that from a "cost" perspective it probably will only cost us about $300 more in hotels and tickets to that week (and I could offset that easily by just ratcheting down our "view" requirements).

Having the girls only miss 3 days of school AND still continuing our January trip tradition is too good of an opportunity to pass up. Our history of January/February trips is strong as 2021 would be our 13th Jan/Feb trip out of the past 14 years!! The only year we missed was the year my older daughter was born in March:
Seeing it laid out in my spreadsheet helps me realize how truly blessed we are! Those are JUST our Disney World trips, and doesn't even include our numerous other vacations each year.

Crowds were a whole different animal back in '07 through '09 so I don't think I've ever quite experienced "MLK" level crowds. We've also been to Disney in March and June but again that was back in 2014, and crowds were a whole different ballgame then.

I also realize that this decision means I'm going to miss 4 NFL playoff games the weekend of 1/16 & 1/17...but I guess sacrifices are going to have to be made to keep one of our most precious family traditions intact!

I’ve been working through all of the shows I watched as a kid. I just recently finished suite life of zack and Cody. Now I’m watching Phil of the future. Next is Hannah Montana
Very nice! I just watched a ton of Marvel movies and think I will start over with Iron Man from 2008.

Loving Disney+. So glad to have it for 4 years 😍

MC almost U. i was trying to watch Avengers Infinity War... couldnt... :(
True, that is stuck with Neftlix right now. Luckily I have Netflix and the Blu-Ray/digital combo from Black Friday 2 years ago 🤣 Black Panther and Ant-Man & the Wasp are also stuck with Netflix and don't get me started on Spider-Man... Thanks Sony! Funny enough Hulu is streaming Spider-Man: Far From Home. You know... the streaming platform Disney owns 67% of 🙄

Very nice! I just watched a ton of Marvel movies and think I will start over with Iron Man from 2008.

Loving Disney+. So glad to have it for 4 years 😍
I’m not big into the marvel movies. I like to see them once but don’t rewatch them. I’m loving Disney+ also! Especially now that friends is off Netflix and the office will be gone next year 😢

I’m not big into the marvel movies. I like to see them once but don’t rewatch them. I’m loving Disney+ also! Especially now that friends is off Netflix and the office will be gone next year 😢
It is so inconvenient to have to go and get a disc to watch Friends!!!

It is so inconvenient to have to go and get a disc to watch Friends!!!
I don’t even have that option! But I understand that completely. That’s why we don’t buy movies anymore and haven’t for years. I can’t tell you the last time we actually put one of our own dvds in.

When you refer someone for a Chase card and that person is approved how long does it usually take for the referral bonus to post? Interested in referrals for CIP and SW personal.

Update to a previous conversation about AmEx and how to spot L3 data (for reference:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/i...t-page-for-addl-details.3729982/post-60798905)

AmEx is rolling out the new version across most cards and @Lain's work around here isn't working for me today
I noticed Amex's older (and much more functional) version of Statements & Activity now says it'll be retired on May 1. Previously, Amex said it would retire the old version on February 1. I can still access the old version from some of my cards and stay in that view when I click to my other cards that have been transitioned to the new version.
When I access the old version and try to switch to a different card within that version it automatically opens the new one :(

One bit of good news is the Additional Information link on the new version is now showing all the same L3 data is used to before. Taking the same transaction I used in the previous examples and clicking on the "Additional Information" link on the right shows all the items on my receipt. When I did it various times last year it was just repeating the contact info or showing just the top line reference number. Seems like they have it fixed now.

Screenshot (1)crop.png

Doesn't solve any of the other quirks about the new version that makes the previous one superior, but at least it's easy to spot L3 data again.

When you...... someone for a Chase card and that person is approved how long does it usually take for the bonus to post? Interested in referrals for CIP and SW personal.
Usually support UR points show up as pending on Tuesdays...usually takes 2-3 weeks to see...you receive them when your statement closes
For SW.....I have only seen them when my statement closed

Has anyone ever had problems with transferring Hilton points from spouse to spouse? I transferred points and it’s been 4 days and nothing yet.

So we made an executive decision regarding our 2021 Disney World trip. Our girls have MLK Jr. day AND the Friday later that week off...so it looks like we are going to be part of "holiday crowds" and go one week earlier. 😳 I was surprised to see that from a "cost" perspective it probably will only cost us about $300 more in hotels and tickets to that week (and I could offset that easily by just ratcheting down our "view" requirements).

Having the girls only miss 3 days of school AND still continuing our January trip tradition is too good of an opportunity to pass up. Our history of January/February trips is strong as 2021 would be our 13th Jan/Feb trip out of the past 14 years!! The only year we missed was the year my older daughter was born in March:
View attachment 471105
Seeing it laid out in my spreadsheet helps me realize how truly blessed we are! Those are JUST our Disney World trips, and doesn't even include our numerous other vacations each year.

Crowds were a whole different animal back in '07 through '09 so I don't think I've ever quite experienced "MLK" level crowds. We've also been to Disney in March and June but again that was back in 2014, and crowds were a whole different ballgame then.

I also realize that this decision means I'm going to miss 4 NFL playoff games the weekend of 1/16 & 1/17...but I guess sacrifices are going to have to be made to keep one of our most precious family traditions intact!

I'll be at Boardwalk for part of that. I'm actually moving my January trip to a bit more middle of the month because the Marathon earlier in the month locked me out of using some points at 7 months at Boardwalk. I could never get the 9th to 11th, but later was available until the last minute.

Maybe ESPN will have your games.

My time this year started on January 12th and I had beautiful weather in the high 70ties and low 80ties. As soon as I left it got cold. My first day at Hilton Head on the way home was delightful and the next day was somewhat chilly - I was walking the beach early that morning.

My next trip starts this weekend and the Orlando weather looks delightful with highs in the low 80ties and lows only going to 62. I can deal with that. I check out of Boardwalk on Feb 21st and always check what's going on weather wise on my return trip. If there is anything going on like a snowstorm in the mid atlantic area I will stay south until it passes. That's a great use of my Marriott points!

In response to the spreadsheet discussion above I'm going to confess that I don't have a spreadsheet. Gasp!

I do have a little list with pertinent info written in long hand, but I don't really track points other than to make sure I spend them and that bonuses post if I get a new card, or a retention bonus. My card life is quite simple really since I keep almost everything and have plenty of hotel points and free nights which is what I mainly use, along with a small stash of UR's and cash back (NF Flagship and Citi Costco card) plus some MR's which came in handy for Home Depot cards.

Anyway after studying @SouthFayetteFan 's list of trips for a few seconds it became obvious that he is an excellent candidate for a small DVC contract at either BCV or BW.

His trips are January- February and possibly November if I remember his Universal trips correctly. Cheaper times at DVC when points stretch longer. Not a long commitment as both resorts expire in 2042 - gives him time to decide if it's a viable alternative for his fire lifestyle. A week in a studio ranges from 76 to 104 points depending on which month. Double for a 1 bedroom which would be nicer as the girls get to that 'teen' age. Small contract leaves the option open to stay at other resorts such as Yacht or Contemporary. (I love the DVC view at BLT.)

His good pal @Lain saw the wisdom and used his churning skills to make it happen. I'm sure SFF is up to the challenge. A nice 100 point contract can be had for about $14k or maybe less looking on the timeshare store website which I somewhat trust. Dues would start at a little over $700 a year and with a 10-20% discount using gift cards, and then cashing out to pay the rest, for someone good at churning, it's almost free. A good use year would be June through Dec, since trips are Nov through Feb.

Resale would not be best to give perks, but I wouldn't get hung up on this. If the shoe fits, a direct purchase could come later, but I advise everyone - don't start collecting massive amounts of points unless you have the time, energy and inclination to do the work involved in managing them or are rich enough to let them go to waste.

Anyway - my 2 cents for what they are worth.

Last edited:
I'll be at Boardwalk for part of that. I'm actually moving my January trip to a bit more middle of the month because the Marathon earlier in the month locked me out of using some points at 7 months at Boardwalk. I could never get the 9th to 11th, but later was available until the last minute.

Maybe ESPN will have your games.

My time this year started on January 12th and I had beautiful weather in the high 70ties and low 80ties. As soon as I left it got cold. My first day at Hilton Head on the way home was delightful and the next day was somewhat chilly - I was walking the beach early that morning.

My next trip starts this weekend and the Orlando weather looks delightful with highs in the low 80ties and lows only going to 62. I can deal with that. I check out of Boardwalk on Feb 21st and always check what's going on weather wise on my return trip. If there is anything going on like a snowstorm in the mid atlantic area I will stay south until it passes. That's a great use of my Marriott points!
We are flying down on 2/8 and back on 2/16......my DH looks at the weather every day...he’s looking forward to play golf in shorts

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter