I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI: Chase Support points appear to have posted for the week. A little earlier than normal (I believe the usual had been more like 6pm eastern). If you were expecting some this week and they aren't there, perhaps check back one more time tomorrow morning in case they roll out in waves.

EDIT: I'm sure nobody gets these points each week so if you're checking on a Tuesday and see they've posted, please share with the group so others know. It's always nice! And with lots of cross-support going on right now it seems that somebody here is probably waiting on some each week!

Last edited:
Loaded my Serve card for the first time last week at Wal Mart...found the money center was quicker

One of my regular WMs has a dedicated money center that's super quick. The other one was a combined money center/customer service that's an absolute nightmare. There's also a super grumpy cashier that's always working there and last time I asked to load a Serve card he told me they couldn't do that at the money center. I couldn't help myself, I just looked at him and said "that's literally wrong, but ok" and walked away. There are a couple super laidback cashiers in the lawn and garden section at that WM though, so they'll load for me in there.

One of my regular WMs has a dedicated money center that's super quick. The other one was a combined money center/customer service that's an absolute nightmare. There's also a super grumpy cashier that's always working there and last time I asked to load a Serve card he told me they couldn't do that at the money center. I couldn't help myself, I just looked at him and said "that's literally wrong, but ok" and walked away. There are a couple super laidback cashiers in the lawn and garden section at that WM though, so they'll load for me in there.
I haven’t tried the lawn and garden center yet...will have to....I did have one cashier in the money center tell me cash only to load...
Unfortunately my nearest Staples was enforcing the 1 card rule all week, the last sale there was only 1 cashier who enforced it

I went to the Wal Mart by my work at lunch to buy the new illustrated Harry Potter book. Figured I'd load my Serve card while I was there. Well, that was a fail. The HP book was $5 more there than it was on Amazon with next day shipping, and the checkout lines were insane!! Who are all these people doing huge grocery shopping trips at 12:30 on a Tuesday? They probably had 6 different checkout lanes open in addition to self-checkout, and every one of them had 2-3 people in it. Taking the dog to the vet at 5 today so no time to run by tonight. I really need to order DH's Serve card too.
Loaded my Serve card for the first time last week at Wal Mart...found the money center was quicker

I’m thinking I can hit our local Walmart on my way home from night shift. It’s always pretty empty that time of day. No Staples any where near me so no fee free cards but I should still come out OK with 5x points on CIC.

I had a note on my calendar to apply for the Barclay Arrival CC this month. Went to do it online today only to find the deal is DEAD. From my springtime reading on "points to neverland" site, the value of the sign up when redeemed for travel was ~$700. Punch in the gut to miss out on that!
Anything comparible out there presently?

ok..... for anyone who has ever used the chase experiences option thru portal.... how do I find the experience I'm looking for? I am seeing an announced concert,with presale for a couple of days for chase cardmembers thru ticketmaster, but shouldn't there be the 'experience' to get this thru the portal,since it's obviously a linked thing they're doing? I'd much rather blow some points to go to this concert....

Alright so when you guys say you SM Citi are you using the chat? I can’t seem to find an actual SM available. I’m trying to see if Citi will bump my 60k SUB to the 75k offer and keep getting blown off by the chat CSR. I’m wondering if I’m missing another way to request, or if I just need to call.

Also it’s only my account they’re not helping with. When I requested a match via chat on DH’s account the CSR was helpful and said he’d forward my request to marketing 🤷🏼‍♀️

Anyway is there an actual SM or are you making points requests through chat?

Thank you

In addition the venmo question, if I apply for a new Chase biz card, do they care about credit limits like the personal cards do? Is there a minimum line you can have on a CIP?

Chase doesn’t care about Venmo.

Chase does care about the overall credit lines already extended to you across all Chase personal and biz card. This is likely to matter more on Chase biz card apps where you’re probably reporting only four or five digit revenue, and total credit extended relative to biz revenue can be a factor for denial. You should go over your credit lines and do some trimming over SM if you’re anywhere near 50% of household income.

Last edited:
@speedyfishy, @DisneyMandC - or anyone else who might know - do you have to go online and set up a pin for Meta giftccards (Visa) or is it defaulted to the last 4 digits of the giftcard number? I'd rather not reset them if I don't have to. TIA!
I ALWAYS change the pin as soon as I get in my car. I sometimes don't liquidate right away and on the SLIM chance it was tampered with I would rather be safe than sorry. Sometimes a week or more goes by depending on how the timing falls with my statement cut off date.

My money centers are hit or miss. Some days no one is in line and it is fast. Other days, like Monday night, there were about 8 people in line. I didn't wait in it but it never fails that someone is sending money but doesn't have the right information so they have to call the person they are sending money to and it takes forever.

There is one cashier at the regular lines I got last night who didn't know how to load serve! Uggh I waited in line specifically just to load.

The only time I went to L&G, I was told that he didn't know how to. I haven't tried again!

FYI: Chase Support points appear to have posted for the week. A little earlier than normal (I believe the usual had been more like 6pm eastern). If you were expecting some this week and they aren't there, perhaps check back one more time tomorrow morning in case they roll out in waves.

EDIT: I'm sure nobody gets these points each week so if you're checking on a Tuesday and see they've posted, please share with the group so others know. It's always nice! And with lots of cross-support going on right now it seems that somebody here is probably waiting on some each week!

Checked P2’s account from when he supported me to my CIP and points are pending. Yay! I seem to spend UR’s as quick as I (we) earn them. Heh.

So just for fun I called Chase travel and talked to the cruise dept and tried to see if I could get the forms to transfer my Disney reservation over to them as a TA. Was told they can no longer create any bookings for Disney packages, so I said thats fine I already have it booked I just need to the form to transfer ownership of the booking so I can pay with my points like last time. No go. :charac2:

Checked P2’s account from when he supported me to my CIP and points are pending. Yay! I seem to spend UR’s as quick as I (we) earn them. Heh.
How soon after a support approval do the support points show up? I was approved on Saturday and don’t see the support points in my husbands account. I know patience is a virtue but I want to see them there!

back since my adrenaline-fueled drive-by posting at lunch time to say

Thank you to everyone who helped me over the past year! :worship: Without your help, there is NO WAY dh and I would be able to fly to my dream destination next year :lovestruc I still can't believe that I was able to book lie-flat business class seats from the east coast :love:

Now I just have to wait until I can book our flights home :bored:

(I think it took me an hour to stop shaking. Older dd watched me book the tickets and then laughed at me while I tried to do everything else today lol)

So just for fun I called Chase travel and talked to the cruise dept and tried to see if I could get the forms to transfer my Disney reservation over to them as a TA. Was told they can no longer create any bookings for Disney packages, so I said thats fine I already have it booked I just need to the form to transfer ownership of the booking so I can pay with my points like last time. No go. :charac2:
Good effort my friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!