I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I completely understand what you mean. When I saw how fast people got from DHS to CBR I was shocked!! I think I would prefer POP/AoA because of the bus situation for the other parks compared to the internal route at CBR. The CM in one of the videos mentioned CBR -> Epcot IG was about 18 minutes whereas the CBR -> DHS and CBR -> POP/AoA are only 5 minutes. It should be very convenient.

Yes! It was really surprising to me how they gained so much speed all of a sudden on those videos. I think they will prove very popular and hopefully be expanded.

If I product changed my CSP to a CFU what does it look like if they give me back the annual fee. Should it be -95 immediately? How many days before I should call and mention I haven’t gotten the AF refunded?

Also had a weird snafu where my chase UR points didn’t transfer to my travel partner when by all accounts it should have happened instantaneously. Have to call tomorrow and ask about that.

I hate calling.

On the skyliner topic, I thought I had read they would not go to Epcot when they open in September, that route would open later, but now I can't find that. Am I crazy?

lucky. kids are born with their personal sleep pattern built in. As parents we can try to adapt them to our schedules...but it really is YMMV with this!!! I had a kid who wouldn't sleep thru the night till he was about 6. I kid you not,he's an adult now and has the weirdest sleep patterns still. We gave up in self defense so we could get some sleep in spite of him. Another kid who had no issues like that, but naps? HA! naps were for leetle babies and that's it!!! Now I have a nephew who is like a magical child.... he literally gets his teeth brushed etc, gets a kiss, you pop him in his crib and close the door. 11 hours later he's up and happy as a clam. No fuss at all, been this way since birth basically. ( I didn't even know this could EXIST when mine were toddlers!!!) I told my Dsis she should make more of these 'super sleeper' kids and sell them,they're gold! :rotfl:

Oh, I had to work at it. It just didn't happen on its own. But work at it I did (including lying down with her sometimes) but all that sleep was totally worth it. I also didn't put her to bed at 6pm, like all the people I knew who did that and then complained that they got up too early or wouldn't nap. She did not fall asleep easily, and didn't always sleep through the night, but I did teach her not to wake us up early. ;)

DD13 just got a job and is able to have direct deposit. So I'm trying to open a checking account for her to get a bonus, but am not succeeding. After calling Chase and being told yes, getting DH to go with her (because I already have one), they were not able to open an total checking account because she is a minor. They could only open a school account (no bonus). Nor could they have DH open an account jointly with her. I'm guessing the answer is yes, but do the names on the payroll check and checking account have to match? Or could I just have DH open the account and use her DD to trigger the bonus? I'm about ready to give up and just go to our local bank and get her an account there.
Santander is offering a bonus this month for opening a student checking account, but it's only $50.

:offtopic:Excited to announce DD20 got accepted to her 2nd DCP today!!! She heads back down in January, currently for merch, but hoping to be offered entertainment.
Congratulations to your DD!
When you posted what she had written about her first experience there I read it to my DD13 who then promptly added it as a goal for her college years. 😊

i hate reddit. even when a link is provided the info is not there for me. i did struggle with trying for a couple of hours today. ended up finding more interesting info on the regular churning. missing my friends and their helpful comments. ugh.

I think all of the final purchases are in for the trip.

Updates from before:
  • I messed up my math for upgrading our passes to the version with EP every night, it was actually $532.50 for both :faint: It was still a hair less than buying EP for Fri and Sat nights.
  • We ended up getting all four of us 3 day P2P tickets and upgrading them to Seasonal 2 park APs for $0, using 81.5k URs (this was only 1300 more URs each so we figured why not, in case anyone is back in the next year)
  • I actually had put only our Rush of Fear passes towards DHs Plat MSR
  • I purchased MIL/Aunt's passes and EPs with VGCs which I bought at Safeway with the $10 off coupon with my new Amex Gold, so 4x points and towards MSR :D
We spent about $1000 on food/souvenirs/extras. Some of the food costs were MIL/Aunt and they will pay us back, we paid because seasonal APs get a 10% discount during passholder appreciation days and we hadn't upgrade their tickets yet - saved about $55 over our meals (2 TS for 2, 3 TS for 4, and 2 QS for 4). So really we were closer to $800-$850 on things. Oh, we also treated our disboard friends we met up with for lunch since we were only paying food OOP this trip. Perks of points - share the love!

I was able to charge $670 of that to the room, plus the cost of upgrading our Rush of Fear passes, so about $1170 total - we made a $300 payment with DHs CSR to use the travel credit, and the rest went towards my CIP MSR for 3x points. I'll make an $1150 payment via Plastiq this week to finish up the MSR now.

$50 was an Amazon Prime Now order including fees/tip - I'm 99% sure I would do this again, we got a case of water and an 8 pack of 12oz coke bottles for DH, and 3 bottles of wine, and paid $5 for a one hour delivery window. Skipping the wine and paying the fees would have put us around $25 - Water was $4.50 and Pop $4.79 in the parks. DH likes to have a coke at night a lot when we get back to the room, and sometimes in the morning, but doesn't typically finish the whole thing so the 12oz size was great for that, plus he wasn't buying a $5 bottle/hunting for a vending machine. I discovered I can easily carry 3 bottles in my bag and they stay really cold for hours.

We ubered to/from MCO using a 10% off GC I had gotten - used about $75 of it total. We used our Plat credit back over Labor Day weekend.

So all in all we used $235k URs for $3600 in value, 67k SW RRs for $1600 in value, and about $1400 OOP.
That all sounds great!
I usually use a Disney gift cards bought at a discount for food at Disney. But now that you mentioned the 3x for points for CIP MSR I might do that instead. I have a CIP I just got last week, so I could definitely keep some spending open on it for our trip in November.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter