I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I don’t know how we would use MRs..since we don’t travel internationally or fly first class...I have only applied for the no fee or AF waived the first year Amex cards...

That's what I was thinking. We pretty much just fly SW so I'm not sure what I'd use MRs for. Decided to go with Hilton for now (only 2/24 and no cards i'm dying for right now, except to keep one slot open for SW personal). Then got the dreaded pop up. So there goes that idea... He only has 2 Amex biz cards, both of which don't get much love. Was going to cancel both of them within next few months, not sure if I should keep them open now and spend more to make amex like him again?

1) First off, we are going to want you to list ALL credit cards you were approved for in the last 24 months. This would include all personal cards, store cards, business cards (but not things such as auto loans or mortgages). If you have a spouse (aka Player 2) please also list their cards if they are participating in this as well.
08/18 - AMEX Blue Cash Everyday​

2) Secondly we'll want to know a little bit about you. Specifically - what you spend, and what you want to earn!
  • What amount of spend would you put on a card monthly (i.e. groceries, gas, insurance, cable, cell phone, other expenses)? $500
  • Do you currently payoff your CCs in full every month or do you carry any balances/pay any interest? Payoff CCs in full
  • What airport(s) do you typically fly out of? EWR - Newark Airport
  • Do you have a preference of Frequent Flyer program? No
  • Does SOUTHWEST service your airport? Yes
  • Do you have a Hotel Rewards program preference? No
  • Do you currently have any travel points in any program? (if so, which programs and how much) Chase Ultimate Rewards from the Freedom cards - about 50K points
  • What at your specific goals for churning credit cards? (i.e. Disney World Trip, Cruise, European Trip, Cash Back to pay-off a mortgage or student loans, etc. - you can have multiple goals too!) Disney World Trip
  • Who does your travel party consist of? (Spouse, Kids (& ages), other relatives/friends) Myself, husband, & toddler daughter

Thanks for your help!
Adding onto what @palhockeymomof2 was saying... it sounds like you are in 2 Player mode? (This means you and your DH can both apply for credit cards). Just remember only one person applies for a credit card and you do not get an authorized user card for the other person. This way when you meet the spend you can then refer P2 to the card and get the referral bonus + normal bonus essentially allowing you to double up on bonuses with some extra referral points to boot. Ultimate Rewards points cannot be used to book on-site Disney hotels or tickets FYI. But, they can be handy if you pair them up with a CSR, CSP and/or CIP as all those cards allow you 1:1 transfers to Chase travel partners and 1.5x/1.25x/1.25x value on Ultimate Rewards points when you use them to book travel through the Chase UR portal. Any interest in doing a Universal Orlando trip with your WDW trip? URs are very handy there as they can be used to purchase tickets and on-site hotels.

That's what I was thinking. We pretty much just fly SW so I'm not sure what I'd use MRs for. Decided to go with Hilton for now (only 2/24 and no cards i'm dying for right now, except to keep one slot open for SW personal). Then got the dreaded pop up. So there goes that idea... He only has 2 Amex biz cards, both of which don't get much love. Was going to cancel both of them within next few months, not sure if I should keep them open now and spend more to make amex like him again?

For us...I would rather put the spend on Chase UR cards since I know those we can easily use....but everyone’s situation is different so you have to do what works best for your family

If having the beach all to yourself (or at least fairly private) is your kind of thing, then renting a house on Captiva might be for you...

To the left of our tent:
DDC8CDF5-ACD5-448D-95F8-F9609431FF1D.jpeg

To the right of our tent:
6E8E7C05-FB9D-4E6B-BD19-9CC547D2EE42.jpeg

Sweet peaceful beach!!

EDIT: this was taken at 2:00 this afternoon so “prime” beach time lol.

Thanks for your reply. If my husband adds all of his expenses on a credit card with my expenses, we may be able to spend $3K-5K. What Chase cards do you recommend?

We have both of the Freedom cards and the Disney card already.
An easy bang for your buck will be whoever has the Disney card refer the other one. You'll get $100 Disney Dollars for referring and they'll get $200 statement credit. You can't beat $300 bonus on only $500 spend but it will take a 5/24 slot (worth it I think considering your cc spend is on the low end).

Just wanna throw a plug down for the roomba. We love ours and its been working very well even with two large dogs for over five years. Finally just had to replace the battery. We just picked up a braava for moping.
I :love: my Roomba! Her name is Eeeeeeeeeevaaa (you have to say it like Wall-E:rotfl:) How do you like the Braava? What kind of flooring does it clean?

I just did this and had to call.

Good to know, because after the Legos are done, I'm starting on Playmobil!

The Red Corsair was my son's favorite thing in the word for YEARS. I am so sad he is all done with it but he's 15 so... :(
My Playmobil pirates guy is 26 :eek::laughing: and wants us to save it for his future kid(s. Once he has a bigger place, he gets to store it!

Plastiq has turned into a giant PIA for me. Tried to use it to pay credit union with my Amex and it was initially accepted. Then I got an email it was canceled. Apparently Plastiq sent the check to my CU, then canceled it so I got a $36 cancelled check fee from my CU today. Ugh.

In better news, apparently Barclay’s doesn’t care how old an AU is, because 10 yo DS now has an Aviator Biz card.

Plastiq has turned into a giant PIA for me. Tried to use it to pay credit union with my Amex and it was initially accepted. Then I got an email it was canceled. Apparently Plastiq sent the check to my CU, then canceled it so I got a $36 cancelled check fee from my CU today. Ugh.

In better news, apparently Barclay’s doesn’t care how old an AU is, because 10 yo DS now has an Aviator Biz card.

I'm sorry. DH has decided it isn't worth the effort to try to use it for our mortgage, which has been making me think about all those lost points. But we both suspect it wouldn't be without all kinds of difficulties.

We have a bird that I’m getting pretty close to killing (not really but omg). It decided it’s a good idea to run itself into our bathroom window over and over every single morning waking me up. I’ve been woken up early almost every morning to this damn bird hitting our window

I just learned on Danny Seo yesterday, the basic idea is to make your window less see-thru/less reflective. He suggested bird tape (looked like Scotch tape), hot glue gun dots, or hole punch reinforcing rings. Personally, I'm going with the don't wash my windows approach, to be humane, of course.

Well finally caught up.

@Haley R glad you made it to your new house and all is going well besides the bugs.

@SouthFayetteFan so glad your wife is able to enjoy your vacation with you and your DDs. The beach looks great!

So Harris teeter was doing a $5 off a $50 visa or mc gc this weekend. Got the mc and tried to use it on plastiq and it’s not coding as 1%. So I’ll just save it now to use in July for groceries.

I’m jealous of all the staples offers for chase. Don’t have any on my cards or DHs. I could use staples to actually buy school supplies. I’m hoping it will be available after I buy them this week.

Down to a measly 17k URs after cashing out to pay off two of the packages for the Disney trip. Still need to pay off the $500 left on mine and DH's package and buy MNSSHP tickets. I've got about $200 in Disney GCs I'm sitting on still, but I'll probably put all of that on CIP to earn 3x and go towards MSR.

Conversation Starter: The Last Straw

Seeing the new Citi changes and their decision to drop price rewind it made me think... what are some of the miles or credit card perks you love that would be just devastating to lose?

For me, that would be Delta Skypesos never expiring. I enjoy the comfort of earning Skypesos and knowing they can just sit and wait until I need them.

Incidentally I was thinking of getting a Citi card within the next year specifically for price rewind. DH had a Prestige years back and the price rewind was handy. Oh well I guess. The other reason I wanted a Citi card was for Ticketmaster presales.

US Bank bonus opportunity! In branch only, $300. In branch is annoying but $300 is a sweet offer from them. Why am I highlighting this one? It can be a gateway to an Altitude Reserve! The card popped up on my US Bank pre-approved cards after about 6-7 months of having a checking account, I applied at like 8/24 and after a verification phone call got approval. Pre-approval is not a guarantee but I have a low income and the rep specifically mentioned "oh, I see you're pre-approved for this card" when I called in so I think for somethings it makes a difference. Mind you, people at 6/24 with a pre-approval have been denied so we have NO idea what makes US Bank tick. Also, remember US Bank is a "relationship bank" so if you plan on engaging with them for other business purposes tread lightly.

Fwiw during the last promo I used "Because You Earned It" program to waive the fee on my gold checking account, never kept more than a couple hundred in it.

If you're intrigued by the Altitude Reserve (for US Bank clients only) PLEASE read my write up on DISchurners under Walt Disney World Tips first. This card is a bit different in that it's harder to work with from purchases to redemptions. Personally I've found it worth it, but take a gander through my notes so you get an idea of what you're looking at :)

Conversation Starter: The Last Straw

Seeing the new Citi changes and their decision to drop price rewind it made me think... what are some of the miles or credit card perks you love that would be just devastating to lose?

For me, that would be Delta Skypesos never expiring. I enjoy the comfort of earning Skypesos and knowing they can just sit and wait until I need them.

Incidentally I was thinking of getting a Citi card within the next year specifically for price rewind. DH had a Prestige years back and the price rewind was handy. Oh well I guess. The other reason I wanted a Citi card was for Ticketmaster presales.
For us the SW CP...we haven’t paid for a flight in years with SW RR points and the CP
Also love the ability to transfer our URs to the CSR

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter