I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@LuckyMamaInDE we use it for sweeping and mopping the bathrooms (vinyl plank) and then mopping the kitchen (wood). We roomba the kitchen first for dog hair removal. We went with the smaller white braava based on reviews and its fantastic! It went around our kitchen moping for an hour. I couldn’t believe its billed as apartment size. I will say for a super sticky spill we use the steam mop, but routine cleaning and general “where did that come from?!” messes its awesome haha

I do wonder how long the CP will last. Especially with the new SW biz card and the giant signup bonus, making it even easier to qualify.

I stumbled across the CP years ago selling on eBay...way before I found out about this group.....use to put everything I bought to resell on my SW card and buying through the SW RR portal .....one year hit the jackpot buying and reselling a J.Crew vest that people were going crazy for and received an email I earned the CP....had no idea what is was... 😊
No one else I know is aware of it or of credit card sign up bonus....so hopefully it will live on for a long time

Last edited:
Just got an e-mail that DH was approved for the Hilton Aspire. And I am super duper confused. Sigh.

So he got the pop up. I put a little spend on his cards and then tried the next day. Fully expecting the pop-up again. Really was just curious. No pop-up, but got a will let you know message. Which has NEVER happened before (always just instant approval). Check the status website - nothing. It has the previous approved applications, and the canceled one (when he got the pop-up). I check the next day as well, still doesn't show up. I figure it's a glitch and the application didn't go through. Tried again 2 days later after that: still pop-up.

Today is 9 days after the no pop-up app. Approved! Um...now I have no idea what that means. Will he get the SUB or not?? Did chat, but they say since it was just approved, they can't see the welcome bonus until 72 hours later? Is that even true? Maybe they don't see it because there is no bonus attached due to the pop-up.

Argh. :badpc:

Quoting myself. Did some reddit search and seems like 72 hours for the CSR to see the SUB is a thing. So will ask again in 3 days. But even if they tell me the offer is attached, I'm going to be suspicious since the app was between pop-ups. I'm tempted to put the spend on something easily refundable (hotel maybe), see if the SUB posts, if it does then I'll remeet the MSR after I cancel the hotel.

Worth a try? Or bad idea?

:offtopic: I so should start watching previews of movies before watching them. Just finished watching 5 feet apart. I should have had a box of tissues near by. Friend said it was a good movie so I decided to watch it. She should have given me a heads up. I started donating to CFF because that was our sorority charity. since graduating have treated many CFF patients. Makes me want to donate more to research now if only I had some extra right now. Definitely makes me grateful for my family and what we have.

Conversation Starter: The Last Straw

Seeing the new Citi changes and their decision to drop price rewind it made me think... what are some of the miles or credit card perks you love that would be just devastating to lose?

For me, that would be Delta Skypesos never expiring. I enjoy the comfort of earning Skypesos and knowing they can just sit and wait until I need them.

Incidentally I was thinking of getting a Citi card within the next year specifically for price rewind. DH had a Prestige years back and the price rewind was handy. Oh well I guess. The other reason I wanted a Citi card was for Ticketmaster presales.
If the CSR lost its $300 travel credit, it would go from hero to zero. Same with the Amex Plat & its airline credit. I’d deal with it if they took away Uber.

Also on the Plat, Centurion lounge access.

The one that would really hurt to lose is JAL Fly On which gives us advance booking, high-level lounge access, bonus miles, makes all miles non-expiring & just generally makes travel life easier.

:offtopic: I so should start watching previews of movies before watching them. Just finished watching 5 feet apart. I should have had a box of tissues near by. Friend said it was a good movie so I decided to watch it. She should have given me a heads up. I started donating to CFF because that was our sorority charity. since graduating have treated many CFF patients. Makes me want to donate more to research now if only I had some extra right now. Definitely makes me grateful for my family and what we have.

Aside from the crying was it good? I wasn't sure from the trailer when I saw it, seemed it would be but could go either way.

Conversation Starter: The Last Straw

Seeing the new Citi changes and their decision to drop price rewind it made me think... what are some of the miles or credit card perks you love that would be just devastating to lose?

For me, that would be Delta Skypesos never expiring. I enjoy the comfort of earning Skypesos and knowing they can just sit and wait until I need them.

Incidentally I was thinking of getting a Citi card within the next year specifically for price rewind. DH had a Prestige years back and the price rewind was handy. Oh well I guess. The other reason I wanted a Citi card was for Ticketmaster presales.

Citi and Barclay AA cards already did away with 10% of your miles redeemed back per year up to 10,000. That's gonna hurt. I'll be closing my personal AA card solely because of that.

Any changes to the current Aspire card benefits.

Elimination of the 40,000 card anniversary points from the Club Carlson card.

If the CSR lost its $300 travel credit, it would go from hero to zero. Same with the Amex Plat & its airline credit. I’d deal with it if they took away Uber.

Also on the Plat, Centurion lounge access.

The one that would really hurt to lose is JAL Fly On which gives us advance booking, high-level lounge access, bonus miles, makes all miles non-expiring & just generally makes travel life easier.

I totally agree. And have to ask what JAL Fly On is since I've never heard of it? Is that something that comes with my Platinum card?

I just learned on Danny Seo yesterday, the basic idea is to make your window less see-thru/less reflective. He suggested bird tape (looked like Scotch tape), hot glue gun dots, or hole punch reinforcing rings. Personally, I'm going with the don't wash my windows approach, to be humane, of course.
That sounds like way too much work when it’s the bird’s fault in the first place lol. I can tell you right now that window isn’t clean. The outside is all smudged from the stupid thing running into it so much

I want to see that movie! I love Cole sprouse

That sounds like way too much work when it’s the bird’s fault in the first place lol. I can tell you right now that window isn’t clean. The outside is all smudged from the stupid thing running into it so much

Window clings? The window stickers that aren't really sticky. An easy solution if it works, and not a big commitment if it doesn't.

Window clings? The window stickers that aren't really sticky. An easy solution if it works, and not a big commitment if it doesn't.
I’m gonna first wait it out a week or two and see if it stops. If not then we’ll look into something like that

I totally agree. And have to ask what JAL Fly On is since I've never heard of it? Is that something that comes with my Platinum card?
JAL's frequent flyer bonus program. They constantly run bonus campaigns so it's fairly easy to achieve status if you're a somewhat frequent flyer. "Double points (so 4x or more domestic) for the next three months!" "Here's 8K points because we like you!" The more useful things kick in at 80K points & you can easily knock out 25-30% of that total with the campaigns. Still requires a certain amount of flying, but you're ostensibly going to be doing that anyway if you're participating in the program.

Busy churning day for me! Besides the unexpected Aspire approval, got 3 new cards in the mail. Barclays Aviator Biz (employer+employee) and Citi AA Biz.

Got the Barclays cards activated, online account set up, and made $5 Amazon reloads on both. Charges went through. Whew~ Set up was wonky. Glad it's been mentioned before so I knew to expect it.

$50 AA GC purchased with the Citi AA Biz. So now I wait to see if it credits before I start working on MSR. Statement doesn't close for 25 days. Feels like an eternity, lol.

Dh’s AC went out in his car which is just great when you live in Florida right? The car just got here yesterday so I’m not sure how that happened. It would be $800+ for someone else to fix it or around $200 for Dh to do it. He normally fixes things on his own but he doesn’t have a lot of time right now especially if we go to Disney this weekend. So since his car doesn’t have working AC guess who’s without a car for the entire week and possibly part of next week :wave:

So, I can tell from reading that even when you book a flight (or hotel, I suppose) on points or miles, there are still fees that are paid out of pocket. Do you all have a preference which card(s) you use to pay those fees? I see that my CIP has some included travel benefits- would those benefits apply even though the bulk of the (hotel/air) was paid with points instead of money?

And, do most of the credit cards give you points/miles for the money you spend on those fees?

Dh’s AC went out in his car which is just great when you live in Florida right? The car just got here yesterday so I’m not sure how that happened. It would be $800+ for someone else to fix it or around $200 for Dh to do it. He normally fixes things on his own but he doesn’t have a lot of time right now especially if we go to Disney this weekend. So since his car doesn’t have working AC guess who’s without a car for the entire week and possibly part of next week :wave:
My dh's truck's a/c went out a couple of years ago and we never fixed it but he manages okay here. Now when his heat went out this past winter, that had to be fixed asap. He actually dropped the truck off today because the coolant is leaking and the tranny fluid is leaking too, but much slower than the coolant leak. Either way, we are having both fixed...to the tune of $1200 :sad: I hate sinking more money into this truck (it's a 2004) but it's cheaper than buying a new car.

My dh's truck's a/c went out a couple of years ago and we never fixed it but he manages okay here. Now when his heat went out this past winter, that had to be fixed asap. He actually dropped the truck off today because the coolant is leaking and the tranny fluid is leaking too, but much slower than the coolant leak. Either way, we are having both fixed...to the tune of $1200 :sad: I hate sinking more money into this truck (it's a 2004) but it's cheaper than buying a new car.

I've had my a/c recharged 2-3 times because there's a teeny tiny leak. Haven't needed it yet this year but I should see if it's working. I've had my heat go out twice, same thing both times but not an expensive fix but I can't remember what it was. Most fun is the two times the car won't shift out of park. Putting all this down makes my car sounds awful and I've already knocked on wood, but it's a 2001 and I love my car. Oh wait the most fun was when the power steering went out when I was at lunch, had to call my boss and told him I'd be late so I could drop the car off. Super fun backing out and turning, thankfully there weren't too many turns to get from where I was to the mechanic by work that had a shuttle and they had it fixed by the end of the day. It helps that I'm the only owner of the car so I know everything that's been done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter