I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your reply. If my husband adds all of his expenses on a credit card with my expenses, we may be able to spend $3K-5K. What Chase cards do you recommend?

We have both of the Freedom cards and the Disney card already.
This is exactly what my DH and I do....we open one card at a time and both of us use it to meet the MSR..

If you are open to the idea of applying for business cards....many of us here sell on eBay or other places sometimes, tutor etc....or are thinking about starting a business.... we apply as a sole proprietor...with or first and last name only as the business name and SS number as the EIN.

The Chase card with the highest sign up bonus is a business card the Chase Ink Preferred CIP...you earn 80k URs after spending $5k in the first 3 months....
You could then send your DH a support link from your CIP....so he can apply for one....he earns another $80k URs and you get a 20k UR bonus...
After the MSR on both cards is complete you would have 190k URs.....
Chase allows transfers between household members so they can all be stored in one account

If you would like to stay with personal cards....the Chase Sapphire Preferred has a 60k UR sign up bonus after spending $4k in the first 3 months....if you send your DH a support link from your card you would earn a 15k UR bonus and he gets the 60k URs after the spend...you would then have 143k URs

There are also other business cards with a 50k UR bonus after a $3k spend....the Chase Ink Cash...CIC and Chase Ink Unlimited CIU

Could you also just go for all the Amex Biz MR charge cards?
I probably should. IDK if $10,000 is too much for the biz Plat. I guess Gold would be the first logical option? I was/am afraid of the RAT and don't really have a plan yes. I do eventually want the personal gold for its categories since they are very good for my daily spend, but I not apply until 2020 since I am now 3/24 and don't know what else could come up.

Thanks! I should probably have a couple hundred MRs under my belt before even applying for it. I don't really want double Plat AFs, especially if I am no where near ready to cash out. I read about the process on DISChurners awhile back. I will have to make the best MR plan after I finish the personal Plat.

If I do go ahead with my multiple CIP plan, I am extending a lot of cards out for URs, but won't have any real MSR. All the MSRs will be spoken for. I may try hitting up Citi AA miles because I am bitter about the removal of benefits from my other cards. 😂

The thing about churning through the Amex Plat flavors is each one is a personal card that counts against your 5/24. 60k MRs and a hefty $550 is not exactly worth giving up a sub-5/24 slot, especially if you're still holding a vanilla Plat. It's a good way to get some big SUBs later in the game, when you've got your fill of Chase cards and you've gotten most of Amex's MR SUBs, including the vanilla Plat so you're not doubling up on AFs. It's also a good card to play if you don't get a good retention offer. On the Plats, I'll always ask for a retention offer because it saves opening up a new card and gives you something to keep the card for another year (which will help keep Amex happy). If you don't get an offer (supposedly Amex will give you one every other year or every 13 months), or the offer is cr*p, go for another Plat flavor and close your old Plat. But at least you can weigh the retention offer against the prospect of 60k MR for $5k spend on a new Plat.

I do agree with @speedyfishy (and many others) who think Amex will, at some point, institute a one-Plat-bonus rule and consider all varieties of the personal Plat card as the same product and limited to only one bonus. (But perhaps that may not go so well with their co-brand partners, Morgan Stanley, Ameriprise Financial, and Charles Schwab.)

Last edited:
You can buy lounge access? I had no idea! I'm not sure if we would do that or not, but it's an interesting thought. I'm guessing that's per person/night?
Yes, after the addition of Copper Creek, WL's cash inventory was cut in half including club level. It is not widely publicized, but you can ask when checking-in to add CL access to your stay for $99 per night, not person. You will not have a room on the top floor like traditional CL (which some people like better because of the balcony situation), but your band will allow you access to the CL lounge. It is based upon availability, but I have never seen someone on the boards turned down when asking. If you stay at BRV or CC, you cannot add-on CL. Only the original cash room inventory.

The thing about churning through the Amex Plat flavors is each one is a personal card that counts against your 5/24. 60k MRs and a hefty $550 is not exactly worth giving up a sub-5/24 slot, especially if you're still holding a vanilla Plat. It's a good way to get some big SUBs later in the game, when you've got your fill of Chase cards and you've gotten most of Amex's MR SUBs, including the vanilla Plat so you're not doubling up on AFs. It's also a good card to play if you don't get a good retention offer. On the Plats, I'll always ask for a retention offer because it saves opening up a new card and gives you something to keep the card for another year (which will help keep Amex happy). If you don't get an offer (supposedly Amex will give you one every other year or every 13 months), or the offer is cr*p, go for another Plat flavor and close your old Plat.

I do agree with @speedyfishy (and many others) who think Amex will, at some point, institute a one-Plat-bonus rule and consider all varieties of the personal Plat card as the same product and limited to only one bonus. (But perhaps that may not go so well with their co-brand partners, Morgan Stanley, Ameriprise Financial, and Charles Schwab.)
Thank you! I am not ready to burn through the personal slots so Amex biz it is! I'll look at all the SUB's and fees to plan the next app. I want to think I will try to go slowly and still put regular spend on my Plat to keep the Rat happy :)

It makes sense to chase after the other personals once other options are exhausted and you are ready to cash out. Probably a good idea to have a BBP in there too to hold the MRs in the event I do need to cancel multiple MR cards. That will be woven into the mix. I remember biz Gold has a better referral, so maybe self refer to biz Gold, then biz Gold to BBP?

Yes, after the addition of Copper Creek, WL's cash inventory was cut in half including club level. It is not widely publicized, but you can ask when checking-in to add CL access to your stay for $99 per night, not person. You will not have a room on the top floor like traditional CL (which some people like better because of the balcony situation), but your band will allow you access to the CL lounge. It is based upon availability, but I have never seen someone on the boards turned down when asking. If you stay at BRV or CC, you cannot add-on CL. Only the original cash room inventory.
Thank you for telling me this! It would make our room $415. Can you pay for certain days or is it for your whole trip?

Just got an e-mail that DH was approved for the Hilton Aspire. And I am super duper confused. Sigh.

So he got the pop up. I put a little spend on his cards and then tried the next day. Fully expecting the pop-up again. Really was just curious. No pop-up, but got a will let you know message. Which has NEVER happened before (always just instant approval). Check the status website - nothing. It has the previous approved applications, and the canceled one (when he got the pop-up). I check the next day as well, still doesn't show up. I figure it's a glitch and the application didn't go through. Tried again 2 days later after that: still pop-up.

Today is 9 days after the no pop-up app. Approved! Um...now I have no idea what that means. Will he get the SUB or not?? Did chat, but they say since it was just approved, they can't see the welcome bonus until 72 hours later? Is that even true? Maybe they don't see it because there is no bonus attached due to the pop-up.

Argh. :badpc:

Thanks for your reply. If my husband adds all of his expenses on a credit card with my expenses, we may be able to spend $3K-5K. What Chase cards do you recommend?

We have both of the Freedom cards and the Disney card already.
My wife and I are doing the same thing. I started following this page about 3 weeks ago. Already have a CIP for me and an AA Biz card for her. We put all organic spend on the CIP plus the truck payment via Plastiq and are using the AA Biz card for the mortgage via Plastiq. Once we get the MSR met for her AA Biz card, I will get one for myself, and we will do the referral to get her a CIP once we are close to meeting my CIP MSR.

Well cool I didn't know that! I think we'll probably drive to the H2O Glow event instead of using Disney buses.
Definitely drive to the water park. Unless Disney has special dedicated buses for the event, it’s a huge pain to get to the water parks.

Disneyland is still dead even though you no longer need a reservation to Galaxy's Edge. What is going on? I really wish I just went lol

Must be the fact that most local AP holders are still blocked out. I suspected that they make up the bulk of the crowds at DL and this just makes me think it's true. I remember a trip when Saturday was lovely and then Sunday was crazy, and a local told me it was because Saturdays were blacked out during the summer for certain APs. The kids I know who go to college a few miles away from DL tell me they go around 90 times each school year.

We have so much AG stuff!! I will eventually pack it all up and save it but right now my youngest is still all AG, all day. I love that she's 10 and still loves her dolls. I do dread where I am going store them all, I'm afraid the attic might get too hot and distort them. I guess I'll figure it out when the time comes.

I read that it's not good to put them in tubs, so we bought boxes to store them in. Then I read that garage, etc. isn't good. So now they are stacked up in the house, as I'm still not sure where to store them.

Definitely drive to the water park. Unless Disney has special dedicated buses for the event, it’s a huge pain to get to the water parks.
It sounds like they have a direct bus to the water park, but since it's a special event people have been getting transferred to DS before their hotel on the way back from the hotel so we will definitely be driving our own car.

We ordered our vacuum off Amazon. It ended up only costing us $140 because of coupons and our gcs we got at Staples. I'd say that's a pretty good price for a vacuum. We're also ordering a grill from Lowe's since we have 10% off there. I'm thinking we'll meet the spend on my CIP pretty fast. Tomorrow we'll most likely book our Disney trip (hotel, DAH tickets, H2O tickets).

I read that it's not good to put them in tubs, so we bought boxes to store them in. Then I read that garage, etc. isn't good. So now they are stacked up in the house, as I'm still not sure where to store them.

That was m y thought as well, no tubs and no attic. I had thought about the garage as ours is insulated so it doesn't get the temperature fluctuations that the attic would but if I can't put them there I don't know what I will do. :confused3 I guess I'll cross that bridge when she gets there. We have many dolls and a lot of the large items.

That was m y thought as well, no tubs and no attic. I had thought about the garage as ours is insulated so it doesn't get the temperature fluctuations that the attic would but if I can't put them there I don't know what I will do. :confused3 I guess I'll cross that bridge when she gets there. We have many dolls and a lot of the large items.

Ours is insulated as well, but it's south facing and still gets much hotter than the house (well I guess not having AC in there is a big part of that). At least you don't have to worry about it yet! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter