I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@mmmears, I hope you didn’t select “Educational Services, Colleges/Universities/Professional Schools” during sign up. If you did, I’d consider canceling this app and reapplying in a month under a different category.

Several reports on r/churning and then DoC reported that Chase was force converting rewards earning business cards like the Chase Ink cards under this category to the no rewards Chase Business Capital because they are ‘government entity clients’ and want to avoid a potential conflict of interest.

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/chas...ersion-letters-for-government-entity-clients/

How long does it take Barclay's to credit American airlines miles? I met spend and paid my bill a couple weeks ago and still have no miles in my account.

Yay! You guys are right, I was totally not expecting that! I only got 7832, but I'll take it!

I got in on the Ebates 10% back with a couple hours left, using the Saks credit on DH's shiny new Plat. I almost completed the transaction until I realized "Hey, do I need to enroll in the Saks benefit to get the credit?" UH, YES, YOU DO. I chatted with Amex, and felt like I was certain to have a fail when the rep said it could take up to 24 hours for that status to be updated. But after a couple minutes, the rep confirmed I was approved for the enrollment and I took a screenshot of that chat just in case. I also used a first-time Saks user 10% promo code. Totally bought stuff I would never buy but for this "free" Saks credit.

Saks is still showing 10% as of right now on Rakuten/Ebates. I need to use the $50 credits on both accounts. Hoping to get again in July right before I close DH’s at the 1 year mark.

Now, what to buy. They don’t sell the few beauty brands I use so I’m guessing cute outfits or shoes for DD.

This place is very dangerous to my wallet. I could spend hours there :love:

I'm down to 9/24 now. I'll be at 4/24 in April and will be going for my first CIP. I'll likely be calling every few minutes too if I don't get instant approval.

I didn't know about Venmo until I started getting my nails done on a regular basis. The nail tech I go to does nail art and loves to do Disney themed nails. Prior to meeting her I'd only get my nails done for a special occasion once or twice a year. She is much younger than me and takes cash or Venmo. I never have cash so she was the one that introduced me to Venmo. This week's nails are Toy Story themed and feature Slinky Dog :-)

View attachment 408534
Those are so cute!! As you can see in my profile pic I love Disney nails too. One of my DD’s does mine before every trip.

How long does it take Barclay's to credit American airlines miles? I met spend and paid my bill a couple weeks ago and still have no miles in my account.
Did the statement close? Were the bonus miles showing on your statement?

BOOM!!!!!!! CIP2 Approved at 2:17am last night. I wasn't actually up then, I can tell because that's when Mint sent me the email about a new card detected (which I verified by signing in to Chase when I woke up this morning). This game is so good guys!!! 85k more URs, here I come :)

:cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9:

Also cause for celebration - this is our 75th card since we started churning! Cheers to #75!!!!

giphy.gif

Last edited:
I know this isn't necessarily the best place to ask but I looked and looked and cannot find a thread here on the DIS specific to selling on eBay, which surprises me. I was looking to talk with others who are successful at it (not to get tips on selling, but more to talk about how they do their shipping and anything I can do to make my life easier in the event I do sell things. Does anyone know if there is such a thread that I just can't find?

There’s a few of us here who do it in various degrees. PM or maybe on reddit? I’m happy to talk about it since I don’t know anyone else in real life who sells.

I have sold on eBay for 15+ years.....if you’d like just pm me any questions...happy to help

I have sold a few things over the years and am looking into getting back into it. I found a couple of groups on facebook that are pretty active. The only problem with them is that there are a few people not quite as friendly as we have here! But, overall, they seem to be friendly people trying to help each other.

Last edited:
Quick churning related tidbit regarding Hilton Tokyo Bay. You are forced to buy your tickets cash if you buy them from Hilton Tokyo Bay. However, if you’re a diamond (maybe gold, unsure), they’ll get a manager and allow you to charge them to your room.

So you can either a) use your $250 Aspire resort credit for it and/or b) get that sweet 30x points + any promotion Hilton is currently running (best if double points to raise it to 40x) + any offer AMEX might have. It’s a perk I haven’t ever seen mentioned anywhere and all it took was asking nicely.

I’ll do a full trip report in r/churning after I’m done, but the TLDR is essentially that the Ritz in Kyoto ruined me for all hotels ever again in the future.

Last edited:
Thanks! Ha, never too early to start looking at colleges but Chicago is way TOO cold!
That's what I told my ex when he asked me to take my dd to the University of Chicago (over my dead body is she going there and my dad has a PhD from there so I know it's a fantastic school). We're wimpy Virginians. Chicago winters suck and I don't want to have to visit her in the cold:) Although the shopping is good.

DH's ticket for Clearwater finally went to an actual ticket this morning for his Sunday flight and I am now officially added as companion! Yay! Was very worried about the flight selling out before it actually got ticketed. I know I could have had a placeholder flight, but sometimes I like to tempt fate (and stress myself out! ha). A week on the beach, here I come! Well, maybe a week by the pool, I don't actually like the beach but it sounds nice.
I am ready to be at the beach (aka pool) also! My boys are ready to jet ski again. Just need to make it through 7 more days.

My $400 Wells Fargo bonus posted today! :cool1:

Just checked DH's AA account and he now has 200k miles!! I wish I could move just a couple of those to my account, because I think I'm going to be about 13k short of having enough miles for first class tickets once my Citi bonus posts.
I would probably just transfer them, even with the ridiculous fee, if you only need 13K. First class for around $150 isn't so bad... :laughing:

I've been checking my AA account every day waiting for my statement to close for Citi so my 20k match would post and I can book the last two hotel nights after the cruise. Not only did they show today, but DHs Barclay AA Biz bonus posted! It wasn't there yesterday. He got the 75k plus 1k-ish for spending. No 10k for the employee card purchase though I did that right away, a $1 Amazon load...

Now the question is, do I book with his account which has 85.5k miles, or mine which has 46k, for a hotel needing 36k miles... hmmm.... :scratchin

That's what I told my ex when he asked me to take my dd to the University of Chicago (over my dead body is she going there and my dad has a PhD from there so I know it's a fantastic school). We're wimpy Virginians. Chicago winters suck and I don't want to have to visit her in the cold:) Although the shopping is good.
We are planning to retire and "follow" DS to college and being in the cold is not part of the plan.

I would probably just transfer them, even with the ridiculous fee, if you only need 13K. First class for around $150 isn't so bad... :laughing:

Good idea! I was thinking I'd either pay to transfer or move some Marriott points in, though I know the transfer rate isn't great and I'd rather keep them for actual hotel stays. I've still never gotten a letter from Citi about the last time I requested a match, so I don't know what's going to happen there. I'm just assuming at this point I will not be getting the extra 20k. If they do show up for some reason, then I'm in good shape.

Quick churning related tidbit regarding Hilton Tokyo Bay. You are forced to buy your tickets cash if you buy them from Hilton Tokyo Bay. However, if you’re a diamond (maybe good, unsure), they’ll get a manager and allow you to charge them to your room.

So you can either a) use your $250 Aspire resort credit for it and/or b) get that sweet 30x points + any promotion Hilton is currently running (best if double points to raise it to 40x) + any offer AMEX might have. It’s a perk I haven’t ever seen mentioned anywhere and all it took was asking nicely.

I’ll do a full trip report in r/churning after I’m done, but the TLDR is essentially that the Ritz in Kyoto ruined me for all hotels ever again in the future.
This is why their devaluation is :confused3 to me. They give away buckets of points on a daily basis. I'm not sure how they didn't know it would catch up with them.

So I’ve found out what happens at my bank if a HELOC payment (via Plastiq) posts before you get a chance to pull money out and have an available balance.

Apparently they just deposit into the members checking account. Took me a phone call to the bank to figure out where the payment went. Plastiq listed it as deposited by my bank but my HELOC didn’t show the deposit. I wasn’t looking at DH’s checking account which is where it went. Basically my bank treated as a regular old deposit.

@SouthFayetteFan and any others doing the HELOC dance may find this interesting.

Interesting. Curious if you can just put your checking account number in Plastiq and avoid the HELOC dance all together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter