I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
:wave2:

Can always count on you to bring me out of lurkdom when life gets in the way :)

This time it was actually a trip to the world! We got back Sunday after 7 wonderful days, despite the heat (thankfully, the humidity was kept in check and made the dry heat tolerable).

It was an eventful trip travel wise. Our departure flight on SW was canceled shortly after we checked in. After frantically trying to find the next flight to hop on (fortunately, BWI is a hub with plenty non-stop flights to MCO), we called and rebooked a slightly earlier flight.

*Note to those who use CP: in the event of a cancellation, rebooking online is NOT an option using the existing confirmation numbers because it will error out and prompt you to call. When an entire flight is cancelled, you can imagine the hold times. Fortunately, I called as soon as I got the text, but this doesn't always work out (read on), and I was able to rebook within 20 min before flights started to sell out quickly from others rebooking.

I tweeted SW and requested compensation since I was told it was a mechanical issue that led to the cancellation apparently. Got two $100 vouchers.

Ironically, our return flights were ALSO cancelled. You can imagine the frustration of getting the dreaded text while in line for Test Track and realizing that due to the CP, I had to call. Wait time for this call was 45 min :headache: As I was on hold, I could see some flights starting to sell out, QUICK. The time I originally wanted was available as I kept refreshing while on hold, but knowing that it could sell out at any instance, I chose to use my stash of RR points to secure two spots and let the agent figure out how to move things around afterwards. By the time I was getting ready to book, THAT flight sold out as well, amongst others :sad2:

Finally, I picked an earlier time (9:35am) and just booked as fast as I could before it sold out as well. I got an agent as we got to the car design room and got everything sorted out (refunded my points, cancelled new ressies, and rebooked us using old confirms) literally seconds before the CM directed us into the Test Track loading lane lol. She said it was a great idea to secure our spots before we got to her :thumbsup2.

Tweeted at SW again, this time not knowing the reason, but figured getting cancelled twice in one trip is enough to warranted complaining again. Two more $100 vouchers :)

TLDR: IF you book with CP and flights get cancel, you MUST call to rebook. Call ASAP and rebook with points if you have them to secure seats on the next flight. They will sell out FAST as you wait on hold. Holding seats with points is a safety net and the agent can easily reshuffle ressies as long as you have secured a seat.
Sorry that happened to you, but that is great that it all worked out. Thanks for sharing that because I am hoping to get CP this year and if by some chance our flights get delayed or cancelled I will keep that info in mind.

Chase will use the dollars spent, minus fees. You won't see anything about meeting MSR on the statement other than looking at the UR points earned. In the UR portal you can look for points earned/earning on next statement to find the bonus points.

I am curious why the points are so low. The fee doesn't earn points but that should put you around 3794 and not 3593. So where'd the other points go? Did you have any returns that took points away? It'd be weird but did something not earn points? If it didn't it might not be counting towards MSR. You can check that in the UR portal too, under Recent Activity.

I did have a couple of returns. but they were subtracted from the earnings, so I assumed would be reduced from total purchases and points.

To Grand Canyon or not to Grand Canyon.

This Hawaii trip, I just keep wanting to add on to it. So, I have us booked to fly back to Phoenix, overnight there and then fly home the next day. I was looking at hotels and what we could do in the area Saturday morning before our flight, which I have been doing, got distracted and realized GC is 3.5 hours away. If I bump our flight home to Sunday it won't impact anyone's work schedule and we could get up Sat, head up to Grand Canyon for the day. I know we really need more than a day there to experience it all, but i think we'd all be happy just seeing some part of it. It means about $200 in airfare (points actually), a minivan rental which I've been debating anyway, and an extra hotel night.

I think the current adults in the house are on board with it. My son will just be getting back from his year long overseas tour a week before we leave so I do wonder how the time change and constant travel may affect him. Then my daughter's wedding is one week from our return so we'll be getting back and getting those last minute things done.

Am I crazy?! LOL Pass the CIPpy cup!
That sounds wonderful! My DH wants to go to the Grand Canyon and I want to go to Hawaii - perhaps I could combine the two like you.

Chase will use the dollars spent, minus fees. You won't see anything about meeting MSR on the statement other than looking at the UR points earned. In the UR portal you can look for points earned/earning on next statement to find the bonus points.

I am curious why the points are so low. The fee doesn't earn points but that should put you around 3794 and not 3593. So where'd the other points go? Did you have any returns that took points away? It'd be weird but did something not earn points? If it didn't it might not be counting towards MSR. You can check that in the UR portal too, under Recent Activity.

Okay, so right now, it shows I’ve spent a total of $5,330. There is a balance of $3,330 after a $2,000 payment. But, points earned since last anniversary date says 4593 and points earned on next statement says 1824. 1% per $1 earned is 3593 and shop through chase is 866. I did transfer points to my Chase Sapphire Reserve. Should I have NOT done that?

@DisneyMandC thought you'd be interested. I got an email from GEDmatch which isn't the site I did my dna testing through but one that let's you upload 2 or 3 of the different tests so they get compared to more. Anyway they've updated their TOS and you opt in to let LE have access or you can remain as is and they won't have access when they search. It also explained that LE doesn't have special access that they do it the same as anyone else. Thought it was interesting because I haven't gotten anything from family tree dna or if I did I missed seeing it. I'll figure out how to opt in tomorrow. I was kind of bummed that the email wasn't actually a match but that's ok, I don't need any unknown family finding me :)

That’s really interesting, thanks for sharing!! I’d be so interested to know how enforceable that is in the face of a warrant. I imagine it would probably keep customers protected, though I wonder if they could lawyer up the same way that someone like Apple has to protect users’ interests.

So DH’s first Citi statement closed overnight and the $250 statement credit is there!! No miles yet but I feel like I recall it maybe taking a couple days?

It's been taking a few business days for bonus miles to post for ours, but that's a good sign if the credit posted. I can't remember, was this using the public link a second time?

:wave2:

Can always count on you to bring me out of lurkdom when life gets in the way :)

This time it was actually a trip to the world! We got back Sunday after 7 wonderful days, despite the heat (thankfully, the humidity was kept in check and made the dry heat tolerable).

It was an eventful trip travel wise. Our departure flight on SW was canceled shortly after we checked in. After frantically trying to find the next flight to hop on (fortunately, BWI is a hub with plenty non-stop flights to MCO), we called and rebooked a slightly earlier flight.

*Note to those who use CP: in the event of a cancellation, rebooking online is NOT an option using the existing confirmation numbers because it will error out and prompt you to call. When an entire flight is cancelled, you can imagine the hold times. Fortunately, I called as soon as I got the text, but this doesn't always work out (read on), and I was able to rebook within 20 min before flights started to sell out quickly from others rebooking.

I tweeted SW and requested compensation since I was told it was a mechanical issue that led to the cancellation apparently. Got two $100 vouchers.

Ironically, our return flights were ALSO cancelled. You can imagine the frustration of getting the dreaded text while in line for Test Track and realizing that due to the CP, I had to call. Wait time for this call was 45 min :headache: As I was on hold, I could see some flights starting to sell out, QUICK. The time I originally wanted was available as I kept refreshing while on hold, but knowing that it could sell out at any instance, I chose to use my stash of RR points to secure two spots and let the agent figure out how to move things around afterwards. By the time I was getting ready to book, THAT flight sold out as well, amongst others :sad2:

Finally, I picked an earlier time (9:35am) and just booked as fast as I could before it sold out as well. I got an agent as we got to the car design room and got everything sorted out (refunded my points, cancelled new ressies, and rebooked us using old confirms) literally seconds before the CM directed us into the Test Track loading lane lol. She said it was a great idea to secure our spots before we got to her :thumbsup2.

Tweeted at SW again, this time not knowing the reason, but figured getting cancelled twice in one trip is enough to warranted complaining again. Two more $100 vouchers :)

TLDR: IF you book with CP and flights get cancel, you MUST call to rebook. Call ASAP and rebook with points if you have them to secure seats on the next flight. They will sell out FAST as you wait on hold. Holding seats with points is a safety net and the agent can easily reshuffle ressies as long as you have secured a seat.

Hopefully this will not happen to you again...but...it is possible to rebook online with the CP

We were down in Orlando at the same time...our flight home on SW was also cancelled..and DH is my companion....

was able to rebook online by cancelling my DHs companion reservation....then changing my flight to another.....and adding him back on to the new flight as my companion
I did have to call SW to get a refund of the EBCI paid on the original flight for both of us

We are also getting vouchers.....have not received them yet....have yours arrived ?

It's been taking a few business days for bonus miles to post for ours, but that's a good sign if the credit posted. I can't remember, was this using the public link a second time?

Yup, this was a dummy booking after using a public link for his first card, which he got in January of this year. I haven't closed the first card. I also received a letter saying he would get a 20k match for 60k total.

Okay, so right now, it shows I’ve spent a total of $5,330. There is a balance of $3,330 after a $2,000 payment. But, points earned since last anniversary date says 4593 and points earned on next statement says 1824. 1% per $1 earned is 3593 and shop through chase is 866. I did transfer points to my Chase Sapphire Reserve. Should I have NOT done that?
Nope, that's perfectly fine! Seeing the other numbers, that looks better for a total picture as your anniversary points and pending points now add up to more than your total spent, even without the shop through Chase number.

You should see the bonus points pending about a week or so after the purchase that put you over 5k posted. They won't count any fees incurred along the way like the AF, cash advance fees or interest.

Does anyone have any thoughts or read any DP's on the email biz mailers that citi is sending out for the AA biz card? I keep getting these and just wonder if they work as a 'mailer'. There is no 24-mo lang from what I can tell.

I have these too and its time for a new AA Biz. I'd like to know if they work as well, otherwise I might need to go the route of buying a mailer.

So I got rejected from purchasing from business mailers on Reddit because of no r/churning history. My last citi was through dummy booking. Is there a DP consensus on anything for second mailers through dummy or public. I see some saying public for 40 is fine, but responses saying they didn’t get the SUB. Wondering if this train is too confusing for me.

So the AAA rate is interesting. Most of the time it gets us the same rate as an advance purchase but with the usual flexibility of a regular booking. Sometimes it's better than that and sometimes it's worse than the flexible member rate option. That's why I check it all, including packages, because you get some odd accounting occasionally. What's mostly consistent is the Senior/AARP rate is almost always the same as AAA. So if I don't want to futz with putting in the AAA number to see a trip total, I'll switch to the senior rates just to check.

Probably 90% of the time we end up with a AAA rate, but the other 10% has been all over the place.

Agree with all of this. It follows also for some other chains. I've seen obvious 'mistakes' as if someone was sitting with a calculator and pressed the wrong button.

I've also seen a few packages on Marriott hotels that beat the cheapest rate, depending on what you were looking for.

Bottom line, I look at everything. And, for @amalone, if you are bringing inlaws and aunts, don't forget to check senior rates. The senior needs to be in the room and may be asked for proof at checkin, but they'll be there with you.

I'm apparently targeted, as it tells me I'm eligible. But the cards won't load into my cart. I just have a spinning wheel

Should have tried this morning, but had to take granddaughter to swimming class and other errands. And, I talked myself into buying from Home Depot and after doing my research, with the gifts cards it was an excellent deal for me, so hopefully it will resolve out soon.

Tried at 3:30am when I woke to go get some ice water. Was able to load into my cart, didn't realize it was an egift, deleted it and it glitched again.

Signed off and on again and was able to complete the deal. Took $2K in Home Depot gift cards, but I'll soon have a shiny new John Deere. Also, will build the Costco Lifetime $699 plus tax shed back in the rear of my property to house it as my regular shed is too full. I'm hoping the new shed will hold my snow blower also. And maybe the generator, and the pressure washer. Being a home owner means lots of clutter to protect from the elements. Anyway, the deal was just on egift cards - physical cards were still regular points, so daughter is printing them for me today. No ink in any of the 3 printers I have here and I hate to buy it as, well, I rarely print anything and I can usually email it to daughters and have them do it for me.

Hey @SouthFayetteFan can I create a fun exercise? If you could create loyalty status for Disney hotels what tier would you be and what perks would you want for each tier.

Silver 8+ nights
An extra fastpass (anytime fastpass for Disneyland)
Checkout at 1?

Gold
15 nights
2 extra fastpasses
Checkout at 4pm.
A Mickey bar voucher every night of your stay.

Platinum
25 nights. I think I would have this level
3 extra fastpasses
Checkout at 4
2 Mickey bar vouchers per night
Free refillable mug (do the DL hotels have this?)

Are you talking per year or lifetime. I've got some pretty good lifetime figures even outside of DVC.

IF DVC counts, in the past you would have needed to add a category. But now I've toned it down to a few weeks per year, and sometimes I skip a week like this past January because of other unexpected events.

Dh and I neither one were targeted for the sale 😕 I was totally going to buy up the HD cards. We’re getting ready to remodel our master bath so that would have been awesome! Hope you have better luck!!

Did you actually go to the rewards site? I didn't get any email that I remember. Didn't see it until @miztressuz talked about 'cringe worthy events'. Lol - not cringeworthy at all! The great @SouthFayetteFan has bought an appliance with gift cards. No wrong way to churn!

Anyway there is a box there saying you can buy the stuff on sale.

Does anyone have any thoughts or read any DP's on the email biz mailers that citi is sending out for the AA biz card? I keep getting these and just wonder if they work as a 'mailer'. There is no 24-mo lang from what I can tell.
Both of my dogs have received personal "emailers" with invite codes and they have worked for me. Not sure about biz emailed codes, I haven't received any. Wish I did!

I was going to add my CIP to my Apple Pay (the CF has been on there for some time) and it says not supported. Does anyone know if this is true of all business cards? It's not a huge deal; merely curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!